A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

LANDMARK TRANSCRIPTION - recently hired anyone? - Hedda

Posted: Nov 01, 2013

Any MT's out there who have recently been hired by Landmark TS in Pennsylvania to transcribe for its new account? If so, what have you experienced so far in terms of management, type of work, etc.? As a recent new hire, I've found there exists a handful of dictators who consistently turn out muffled, tinny audio and/or speech that is all but incomprehensible. Yet, when I have pointed this out to the supervisor, she insists that I am alone in this complaint as QA seems to have no problems filling in the blanks that I've been forced to leave as a result. Whether this is accurate, I've no way to verify,but I know what decent audio and I know when a dictator speaks in a way that can be clearly understood by all. So, what gives? Any input from those who know would be appreciated!

QA might be listening in on a more direct line than you. nm - PAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

what headphones are you using? - it made a huge difference for me

[ In Reply To ..]
I switched to a pair of Bose stereo headphones several years ago from the regular "transcription" headsets and the difference in what I can hear is night and day. Seriously. It's that dramatic. The headphones sit over the ear (I don't like the stethoscope style) and it blocks out the keyboard sound and all the ambient noise in the room. I'm shocked at how much noise I don't hear.

Depending on what you're using, that could be part of the problem.

I agree - headset

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not on that particular account but another where I had similar complaints. I thought I was being lied to when told no one else was having an issue. I ordered a new headset and it's amazing. I was having to turn volume all the way up on dictations, etc but now hear everything about 95% perfectly.

Headset - Headbanger mom

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a kid who is a headbanger and just for a lark, I tried his headphones which are made by a company called Skull Candy. They cost about $40 bucks. The difference in sound was amazing. I went out and bought a pair of my own; it was a cheap fix and I really like the sound quality. I'm sure they are not as good as Bose, but I am a single mom and have to make compromises. But the Skull Candy ones (I have the over the ear kind) really work fine.

How long?? - Bose4Xmas

[ In Reply To ..]
You mention you switched to Bose several years ago and you continue to have no issues with them? I've purchased a top of the line headset made for transcription that comes with 1 year warranty. I've never had to purchase another because they never last for the entire year! And, I still don't think their quality is all that great. With all the headsets I have purchased over the years, I probably could have easily afforded a set of Bose by now!

They last longer without kittens in the house - Worth every penny

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been using these headphones for about 5 years now and my current set for about 2.5 years because the cord on the first set finally gave way to Buddy the Destructo-Cat.

When Bose tweaked the design of these, they made the cord replaceable and fairly inexpensive. It's what has saved Buddy's life, because I think I've gone through 6 or 7 of these cords before I figured out a protective shield for it. The ear pieces are replaceable too, and I had to replace those a couple of months ago, but they lasted for 2 years or so.

It's not technically a "noise cancelling" headphone but because it sits over the ear it does block out a tremendous amount of noise. Even the noise of the keyboard sounds ridiculously loud when I'm not using these.

For me it has been well worth every penny plus don't forget that things like this are tax deductions at the end of the year.
Worth Every Penny - Linda E.
[ In Reply To ..]
I hope I am not being too personal here, but can anybody tell me about how much a set of Bose cost? And do they have any kind of a payment plan?
Amazon Bose link. - Definitely worth it.
[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.amazon.com/Bose%C2%AE-AE2-audio-headphones-Black/dp/B00478O0JI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1383427153&sr=8-4&keywords=bose+headphones. These are the ones I have.

Target has them, probably Walmart. Might be able to do lay away. Best Buy has them.
Look in post up above at the bottom and you will - see the word Link in bold
[ In Reply To ..]
It'll look like this:

LINK: They last longer without kittens in the house.

What looks like just the title of my post repeated is actually the hyperlink that will take you to the Bose site. If you put your arrow over that it should give you the option to click on it.

The Bose headphones are about $150. I don't know if they do payment plans, per se, but they might have a credit option. I've never looked for that on the site, so you'll have to explore. Another poster mentioned Amazon, and I know they have a credit card option so you could apply for that, if that is something you were up for, and see if that works for you.

Another poster mentioned Skull Candy which are about $40 and I have heard good things about those as well. Someone once mentioned a long time ago that they got a pair of headphones at Radio Shack for about $40 which they thought were good.

I think really the point is that to really hear well, we need a good set of audio or music headphones rather than the "transcription" headphones that are sold as such. I personally like the "over the ear" type and I think it blocks out more of the outside noise so I hear the actual voice file better. Plus, the stethoscope style or ear buds hurt my ears after a while.
Thanks a bunch! - Bose4Xmas
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks so much for sharing details of your life with Bose! I had no idea the cords were replaceable now or the ear pieces. I am definitely adding these to my Christmas list! I know most often, it is a wire inside the cord that goes bad on my current WordSlingers. I can't imagine being able to use for more than 9 months!
Headphones - MassMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I use Sennheiser headphones, comparable to Bose, are good at blocking out most outside noise including keyboard. Cost about $80 a pair. I think I got them at Best Buy; have had them for over 2 years.

I didn't know Landmark had a QA department?!?! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

LANDMARK - gg

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for them, and at the time, the supervisor was the QA department, and though she was nice, communication with her us pretty much one-sided on my part. She often did not respond to emails and was vague when she did and hard to pin down on anything direct. She also had probs paying us at one point and delays in the checks a few tiems. This was a few years ago. Hope things are better now.

gg - Knitter

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked for Landmark for some time and have never once had a problem with being paid on time or accurately. They are always on time and correct with the number of lines.
Never EVER had a problem with pay - 5 years here
[ In Reply To ..]
Not sure what the other person is trying to pull but I've been here for just over five years and we've never had an issue with pay.
Knitter - gg
[ In Reply To ..]
Not trying to "pull" anything. It happened for me and at least one other MT I know of because we were emailing about it back and forth. Maybe it was the account we were on and she wasn't getting paid; I don't know. All I know is I sent emails begging to get paid ASAP and it caused a huge argument with my husband at the time because we needed the money when the money was due to be paid and had been counting on it. Checks were late just a couple of times over a 2-month span for different reasons, and we waited patiently and got them a few days later. I'm happy for you that you've never had that problem and glad to see she is still able to pay. :)
I think it matters if you have direct deposit or not - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I also worked there for years until recently and when my check was DD, no issues whatsoever. Now, there was a time when my bank account was compromised and I had to get a physical checked mailed while getting all of that fixed and the two physical checks I got both were EXTREMELY late with excuse after excuse on why I hadn't received them yet. I don't in any way think she was intentionally not sending, but I think she has a lot going on and physically cutting/mailing a check is not at the top of her priority list.

That had to have been more than a few years ago - I have been with them since the end of 2008

[ In Reply To ..]
I can tell you I have had a glitch in my payroll twice. Once was when they switched to a new payroll system and my old, old bank information got transferred rather than the new stuff. It was rectified the next day.

The other one was about 6 months ago and it was a glitch of some sort. Don't know what because I didn't ask and the money was wired into my account the next day. I have been with them since the end of 2007 and those are the only two times I have ever had anything go wrong with my paycheck. I track my lines and they have always been correct.

K has always ALWAYS responded to my e mails. Maybe not always right away but she always responds.

Those problems you are talking about have to be more than a few years ago because I've been with them for 5 years now and have never had issues.

My pay has NEVER been late - LMMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know what you mean by "a few years ago," but I have worked for Landmark going on 5 years now and my pay has ALWAYS been on time. It has never ever been late, not even once. My direct deposit is always in my account shortly after midnight every pay day.

I started just asking one question per email. - Debbie

[ In Reply To ..]
Otherwise I have to send several emails to get all my questions answered.

QA - lmmt

[ In Reply To ..]
The manager/supervisor/scheduler/QA dept/chief bottle washer now has a couple of assistants who QA occasionally. Their specialty seems to be changing things so that they are wrong.

Immt - Blue sky

[ In Reply To ..]
Your sarcasm is exceeded only by your lack of knowledge.

Well there ya go- They DO have a QA dept. - now

[ In Reply To ..]
maybe y'all will stop the incessant bashing of them.

I worked for LM for years and years - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I noticed also that K would say that any issue I had, I was alone in that issue, BUT as far as blanks, I never had her fill in one single blank that I had left. When the final report came, the blank was left. Just review the corrected reports. If she is filling in blanks, chances are they are typical words that the dictator says often. Also, ask her for a few samples of the doctor's work and that could help you as well.

Hedda... - I feel your pain

[ In Reply To ..]
I think I may be on the same account. No amount of expensive noise-canceling headphones can help this account. Some days it sounds like they are on the other side of the room and other days it sounds like the doctor is standing next to a jet engine. The problem is whatever dictating equipment they are using on their end. Half the time QA cant hear them either. The saving grace is that they are all American doctors. As far as Landmark paying late, I have been with them a long time and my pay has only been late twice, once when they switch payroll companies and the other when a decimal point was inadvertently transposed. In both instances the problem was fixed by LM IMMEDIATELY when it was brought to their attention. Accidents happen and they addressed it right away. K is very busy, she has a lot on her plate and maybe cant respond to every email right away, but I have found her to be very responsive and flexible in my case. No complaints there either. All in all, I'm grateful to be working for LM, because ladies...in case you don't really read these boards, you could have it MUCH worse than LM. And no, I'm not a suit. Just another MT trying to get by.

Use a booster - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I bought a sound booster and it makes all the difference in the world, less than 40

Similar Messages:

Recently Hired As IC For Transcription Doctor's
Apr 14, 2012

Really looking forward to getting my foot in the door and would appreciate info.   ...

Anyone Recently Hired On At Clear Choice Transcription?
Jul 26, 2012

Have you actually started working yet or received training? ...

Who Has Recently Been Hired By Nuance?
Mar 26, 2012

I would like to know who was just recently hired and how was your experience?   I for one have been hired and am not able to start until my computer meets their requirements.  So I had to put in more memory and also bring my Microsoft Word up-to-date -- 2007.  Just hope this was worth the expense.  For some reason, I have a bad feeling about the job itself.   Hopefully my fears are wrong.  Let me know what you think.   ...

Rezziliant - Has Anyone Been Recently Hired By This Company?
Feb 15, 2012

Has anyone been recently hired by this company?  If so, I would  love some information about them.  Thanks in advance.     ...

Anyone Recently Hired By DTS? Have Things Improved? Old Posts Not Positive. NM
Apr 06, 2013

. ...

Is InScribe LLC, Kentucky Changing; Anyone Recently Apply Or Been Hired Who Has Years Of Experience;
May 11, 2011

Okay, I know InScribe LLC (Kentucky) has been on the Boards multiple times (at least monthly, if not weekly, it seems), but I just noticed they have a “Premium” ad at the top of the Job Seeker’s Board.  I guess these “Featured Listings” are not free, as the other listings are.  If I remember correctly, most of the posts on the Boards have been by Newbies, because InScribe evidently is one of the few MTSOs that hire new graduates.  However, it appear ...

Has Anyone Been Hired By Transcription South...sm
May 23, 2011

for the salaried QA positions and, if so, how has it been working for them?  ...

PRN Military Transcription - Did Anyone Recently Go To Work For This Company?
Mar 24, 2011

Did anyone recently go to work for this company?  They had an ad posted a few weeks ago and I would like to know how you like it there.  Are you able to make a decent paycheck?  How are the dictators (ESL ???), etc.  Would appreciate any info you would care to share.  Thank you. ...

Landmark Transcription In PA
Mar 05, 2010

Anyone with information on this company, good or bad.     ...

Landmark Transcription Out Of PA?
Jun 14, 2011

Do any of you work for Landmark Transcription out of PA?  I'm looking for information regarding work flow, scheduling, etc. please.  Thanks so much  ...

Anyone Know Anything About Landmark Transcription
Mar 07, 2011

Has anyone heard anything good or bad about Landmark Transcription? ...

Landmark Transcription - Got The 411 On Them?
Aug 27, 2013

anybody got the 411 on them? ...

Landmark Transcription - Very Disappointed
Jan 15, 2010

Was hired by this company for a large hospital new account.  Owner said she was excited about hiring 40 MTs.  There has never been more than a few jobs per day.  It is definitely overflor and there is not a lot of that.  Not enough work for even part time.  Very vague about any further work.  Am very disappointed.  Owner does not have a grip on reality. ...

Landmark Transcription - Good Or Bad?
Feb 16, 2010

Any comments good or bad on this company? ...

Landmark Transcription - Platform?
Mar 06, 2010

I was wondering if anyone knew what type of platform this company uses, and if they  are currently using VR.  Is there anything particular you MAY NOT like about this company or things you REALLY LIKE  about them?  I'd appreciate hearing about them.  Thanks  . ...

Landmark Transcription Any Experience?
Mar 23, 2010

Anybody have any experience with Landmark Transcription, good or bad? ...

Landmark Transcription Just My 2 Cents
Jun 21, 2010

I find it interesting that this posted at all, as when I was there starting part-time to consider full-time, supposedly my acct was "terminated" without notice. Now they suddenly have work?  I don't know....kind of puts the gut on alert IMO.  Just my 2 cents. ...

Does Anyone Know If There Is New Management At Landmark Transcription
May 07, 2011

Does anyone know if there is new management at Landmark? ...

Landmark Transcription Having Not Much Work?
Jun 29, 2011

I'm a newbie with Landmark. After reading the many posts on here regarding them not having much work, I realized I should have taken heed. Just the other day, I was logged in for almost 6 hours and only received 5 jobs! Anyone else have any similar experiences with them? Anything good or bad? I'd love to hear about some recent experiences.   Thanks so much! ...

What Platform Does Landmark Transcription Use?nm
Jul 14, 2011

nm   ...

Landmark Transcription Information?
Jul 15, 2011

Does anyone have any information about Landmark Transcription.  Do they have benefits? ...

Landmark Transcription - Any Info
Aug 30, 2011

Hi, anyone have any info on Landmark? Good? Bad?   Thanks ...

Landmark Transcription - I Think I Goofed
Apr 07, 2012

I think I may have made a HUGE error. After not reading and researching enough on site here I sent Landmark Transcription my resume. It wasn't until it was sent I discovered some of the messages from last year saying they are always out of work !! Just what I or any of us would need - sign on with a company who has no work. I left Soft Script because of that. Good grief, I wish I had seen all the feedback earlier. Live and learn I guess. ...

Anyone Here Work With Landmark Transcription
Jan 07, 2013

Anyone here work with Landmark?  Just want to ask a couple of questions.  I won't gab. Email me at scopekatherine at yahoo.  thanks ...

Landmark Transcription No Work ?
Mar 27, 2013

Anyone else get an e-mail this morning that as of April 1, they have lost a big acct. and we will have no work ?  Was basically told we could be put on a waiting list for other upcoming accounts, other platform.  Personally, I did not think this sounded very encouraging and with all the lack of work posts by others over the last few weeks, I guess I willl be looking at other options.  Luckily, I have work with another company and will try to get some more from them.  I really am tired of sta ...

Landmark Transcription - PA Pay Stubs
Jul 16, 2014

Is there a site or link somewhere where we can still get a record of our pay since we stopped getting pay stubs? Thanks! ...

Pay Period Changes Landmark Transcription
Nov 07, 2014

Landmark has been great for the most part until this recent notification of changes in our pay periods back to bimonthly.  Is anyone else just a little upset that we only get one week's pay for the first check of Dec. instead of usual 2?  We still only get the same check end of month for 1-15th.  Some of us have bills & will only get half the check.  I was told that no one else was too bothered by this.  Guess I'm the only one who actually works for my payc ...

Landmark Transcription Provides Equipment Or What Platform They Use? 
May 25, 2010

Does anyone know if Landmark (in PA) provides equipment or what platform they use?  TIA ...

Solid Information On What Is Going On With Landmark Transcription
Aug 17, 2010

Does anyone have any solid information on what is going on with Landmark?  I know they are doing layoffs, a friend of mine was laid off, but my account seems to be fully functional, no change in work status.  Someone said they they are closing and I was wondering if I should bail out or stick around.  ...

Landmark Transcription - The Owner Overhires
Nov 17, 2010

The owner overhires.  She gets very excitated about hiring and runs the business like a hobby.   She is a very nice lady but does not have a clue how to run a business.  This way why the recent pschy position was ignored.  Do not know if it was filled. ...