A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any Focus/Infomatics QC out there - canimakeabuck

Posted: Nov 21, 2009

Anyone out there who is working as a QC for Focus Infomatics and making a decent living?  I'm newish to this position and am struggling to make a buck.  I need some comfirmation I made a good move.  So far, not so good and I'm hoping I get into a better groove quick enough to move and make some decent money.  Any success stories very much appreciated!

Anytime you do all full reviews, it's hard to make - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
any money, especially if it's a lot of Indians and newbies. Did they ever start offering better benes and more PTO, or are there benes still lacking?

Meant 'their'. - too sleepy

[ In Reply To ..]
x

All I can tell you is ...s/m - FocusQC

[ In Reply To ..]
It is going to vary significantly by which account you are on, the platform, and how the MTs are. I know that it is rare for a US QC to do QC on an Indian MT, unless we are asked to do 3rd level, which has happened but it is somewhat infrequent. In that case we are QCing their QC so still not dealing directly with the India MTs.

The rate of pay may vary also depending on the team you are on. I know my team does pay a shift differential, so that also has to be considered.

I will tell you this much. I am making more at Focus as QC than I have anywhere else, simply because of the line rate. They do want us doing full reviews, but some reports are better than others and you can whip through it quickly. It just takes some getting used to. Good luck and I hope you decide to tough it out.

Focus QC - canimakeabuck

[ In Reply To ..]
I am so appreciative of your response--thanks! It's hard because I don't have any other QC people at focus to bounce things off of. I do get a shift differential, but there just hasn't been any work. I haven't been able to do a full part time shift of QC yet either. I was worried that the full reviews could slow me down but I will definitely hang in there. New account coming so I hope that's my salvation. Again thanks for the response.

my thoughts - FocusQC

[ In Reply To ..]
I am on the ExText side of things. We are told when there is no QC work that we need to be typing, and it can be very hard to switch into that mode. Like I said, some days are better than others.

I am glad that I could help. Good luck and I hope things can work out for you.

Similar Messages:

Know About Focus Infomatics?
Nov 13, 2009

What do you fine folks know about Focus Infomatics (sp)?  What kind of platform?  Thanks everyone in advance.  ...

Anyone Know Anything About Focus Infomatics?
May 04, 2010

I received an e-mail today from a recruiter at Focus Infomatics.  I applied there last year and didn't meet their experience criteria but the e-mail asked me to send them an updated resume to see if I do now (and I do).  I currently work for MQ and quite frankly, I could take it or leave it.  I've not been impressed by MQ but I don't see a reason to leave a job I'm not fond of for another job I may like even less.  Any info about them would be greatly ...

Focus Infomatics...sm
Jun 14, 2010

I see only one fairly recent post on Focus Infomatics and the responder just said "Indian owned company, I believe."  Does anyone out there know for sure?  Does anyone out there work for this company and, if yes, would you recommend them?  IThanks! ...

Inscribe And Focus Infomatics
Oct 24, 2009

Any feedback on these two companies?  Much appreciated.  Thanks ...

Focus Infomatics - Anything About Their Platform?
Dec 07, 2009

I looked through the archives but couldn't find anything about their platform.   I did speak with their recruiter and YOU HAVE to have a 32-bit operating system, XP or Vista, and Windows 7 is not compatible.  I'm pretty sure that when I looked at these guys about a year ago now, they set you their computer like many of the national companies do.  Also, does it seem like more employers are looking for MTs.  I haven't been on this site for a while but I think it was in Octobe ...

Focus Infomatics - Can Anyone Tell Me About This Company?
Jan 08, 2010

Can anyone tell me about this company?  ...

Is Focus Infomatics Really US-based Now?
Jan 29, 2010

A former manager of mine from "brand X MTSO" (in reality, a very dear friend now) got thrown under the bus.  She knows how "QBay" does.  She is considering an MT or QA job for Focus Infomatics.  Focus claims to not offshore, and has offered my friend 8 cpl.  That sounds terribly lame wage wise for all that experience. When I couldn't drink the MQ Kool-Aid anymore, I was making a whopping 9 cpl.  Of course, try doing the math on that formula come payday.   Jus ...

Focus Infomatics Pay Schedule
Feb 13, 2010

Can someone tell me the pay schedule for Focus?  Is it direct deposit?    For example: work from the 1st - 15th paid on the 25th and 16th through end of month on the 10th via direct deposit ...

Focus Infomatics :: Anybody Currently Working For Them
Mar 17, 2010

reading the past posts on this company do not look good...i just spoke with a "recruiter' and, of course, they made it sound good...anybody currently working for them...is it as bad as I've read??? ...

Anyone Work For Focus Infomatics?...sm
Mar 21, 2010

and has been there long enough to be eligible for benefits?  I just took a job with them.  I will be able to get insurance in 90 days.  They give me a price.  It is $217 every pay period (2 weeks) for family coverage.  That is Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance with a $2500 deducitble.  What I was wondering... is there a copay on Dr visits or do you have to meet the deductible first?  I believe she said you pay copay on prescriptions.  Also does anyone have ...

Question About Pay At Focus Infomatics
Sep 08, 2010

Hi. I have a question about pay at Focus that hopefully someone can answer.  Transcription is paid at 8 cents per line and editing at 3 or 4 cents a line. My question is about voice recognition because that is what most of my jobs are. Is that considered editing as far as pay rate or still transcription?  Thanks in advance! ...

FOCUS INFOMATICS--QUESTION
Sep 14, 2010

I'm wondering if there is enough work available to make it possible to produce enough lines to qualify for benefits, by working the set schedule, without flexing hours.  Anyone out there working for FI and doing great, loving it?  TIA. ...

Focus Nuance Infomatics
Jan 18, 2011

Can anyone give information on Focus.  I would love to hear from someone on their experiences with Focus?  I see old postings on this, but nothing as of recent.  Thanks for your help! ...

Focus Infomatics :: Can You Make Any Money On Cpl?
Jan 26, 2010

I was offered a job as QA for Focus at 4 cpl.  Can you make any money on cpl?  I have always worked QA on an hourly wage.  Thanks for any response. ...

Info On Working For Focus Infomatics?
Aug 03, 2010

Anyone have any info on working for Focus Infomatics they will share? Tks! ...

Current Information On Focus Infomatics
Aug 11, 2010

Just wanted current information on Focus infomatics.  I think we all know the transcription business is overall heading in a horrible direction with the outsourcing and getting paid less for SR, so that is understood.  I just want to make there is work, how the platform is, Escription, and how the technical assistance is, as I have to supply own computer.  Thanks for the information.  If anyone could tell me if it is like MQ, worse, better, that would help a lot.  Thanks. ...

Focus Infomatics :: Got Hired And Already No Work
Oct 07, 2010

Just got hired and already no work.  Is this par for the course?? ...

Is Focus Infomatics Indian Owned?
Jun 13, 2011

nm ...

Any Positive Feedback On Focus Infomatics/Nuance?
Jun 30, 2010

Anyone work for Focus Infomtics in QA?  Been offered a job with them but have not accepted yet.  Thanks for any feedback. ...

Focus Infomatics :: Firsthand Experience With Or Knowledge?
Jun 06, 2010

Does anyone have firsthand experience with or knowledge about this company - good or bad? ...

What Focus Infomatics Pays For Transcription Versus Editing?
Nov 02, 2009

Does anyone know what Focus Infomatics pays for transcription versus editing? ...

Focus....HELP
Oct 14, 2009

Please let me know if there is anyone out there pleased with focus? I need to find a real job, not one that has no work! HELP!! ...

To Focus FT MTs
Feb 25, 2010

If you currently work FT with Focus could you share approximately or average of your gross montly income from Focus is. I am wondering if it is worthwhile to apply. I currently work as an IC and average $2000-2400 a month, which is fine but I have no benefits. I would like to have a FT job that provides insurance and PTO time but do not want to lose a chunk of my current income. Are you able to make what I currently do being FT? Thanks in advance for your input.  You can priv ...

Any Focus HR?
Mar 19, 2010

I worked for them previously and would love to to again.  Any contacts on this board? ...

FOCUS QA
Apr 30, 2010

I have been working at Focus now for 2 weeks.  I think everyone is nice.  All my QAs have seemed fair except today one QA (and only this one) counts off for blanks.  Well the team lead said you are not penalized for blanks when I hired on.  She said you won't be dinged for blanks.  Well so far I haven't had a QA to ding me for a blank, but today, as I said, one went to town on my reports and dinged for every single one I sent in.  My team lead isn't o ...

W-2 From Focus Yet? 
Jan 26, 2011

Has anyone gotten their W-2 from Focus yet?  ...

How Do You Focus When
Mar 22, 2011

There is such LOUD Indian-type music blaring in the background?  That is all I can hear.  The doctor is mumbling away and all I hear is Ooooohhhhhh, la le laaa, la le laaaaaa, la le laaaahha ha, ohoohohohOOOOOO, lo leeee luuu, loooo le luuuu.   HELP! ...

Focus
Dec 02, 2014

Recently I had the benefit of hearing someone speak on where our focus lies.  It wasn't a talk about employment at all, but I started thinking about it today as I read through the posts on this board. The jest of the talk was that if you focus on the negative you'll be grouchy, have more pain, be less productive, and generally be miserable.  If your focus is on the positive, though, suddenly you're happy in spite of miserable circumstances. I was hoping with this forum ...

Help..someone With Information On Focus!
Dec 03, 2009

Could someone give me the dirt on Focus?  Hours, work, supervisors, QA, workload>  Thanks in advance!... ...

Focus Info
Dec 03, 2009

What does Focus Infomatics require for line count for FT and PT? How long do they allow you to come up to that? ...