A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone Know Anything About Focus Infomatics? - TNMT

Posted: May 04, 2010

I received an e-mail today from a recruiter at Focus Infomatics.  I applied there last year and didn't meet their experience criteria but the e-mail asked me to send them an updated resume to see if I do now (and I do).  I currently work for MQ and quite frankly, I could take it or leave it.  I've not been impressed by MQ but I don't see a reason to leave a job I'm not fond of for another job I may like even less.  Any info about them would be greatly appreciated.  Are they strictly VR?  What does the pay look like?  What about benes?  Do they hire ICs or regular employees?  Do you choose your hours or do they tell you when they need you?  Do they off-shore for QA and management?  Again, any info would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Focus - New Employee

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't actually started work for them yet, but I'll tell you what I know. I'm told the work is a mix of straight typing and VR. I expect probably heavier on the VR side once I get into it, but don't know for sure. They are very upfront about their rates: 8 cpl for typing and 4 cpl for VR. They only hire employees and they tell you what shifts they have available. Don't know about the offshoring for QA and Management, although I do know they have a significant presence off shore. They do also offer benefits through BC/BS. For a single person (which I am) it amounts to about $170 a month for the health insurance which is pretty decent and was about what I was paying for insurance at my last non-MT job.

The recruiting/hiring process has been fairly easy, and the recruiter I dealt with was very pleasant. Tech support was able to download the software in just a couple of winks this morning and I should start training on the platform sometime this week, I think.

Hope that helps.

I work for Focus Infomatics....sm - blondie

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been working for Focus for about 3 weeks now. They are really needing MTs for a relatively new account. It is a HUGE account. They are slammed with work on this account. As this account is kind of new, it is still learning some of the dictators. So, you have some VR and some straight transcription. The pay is 8 cpl for straight and 4 cpl for editing. They offer health ins like the other poster said. For family coverage it is $227 every pay period, which is every 2 weeks. You have 10 or 11 paid days off a year. They offer dental ins and vision ins. They have free disability ins for employees. They only hire employees. They let you know what schedules are available. I believe they offered me 8 am to 4 pm or 1 pm to 9 pm. I chose 1-9 pm. They offshore the night shift of work (from 10 pm until I think 6 am) the work goes to India. Then it comes back onshore in the day until 10 at night. I have only had one offshore QA. Most are onshore. Management is onshore. Everyone is pretty nice. I will warn you this account has a LOT of ESLs.

Thanks - TNMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Worst case scenario is that I don't like what they offer and I stay where I am. Thanks again!

Does Focus Hire Part Time at All? - Ginger

[ In Reply To ..]
I need 20 to 30 hours a week. Does anyone know if they currently hire part timers?

Yes, I believe they do hire part time - New Employee

[ In Reply To ..]
At least when I was talking to the recruiter, that was one of the questions that she asked me - did I want full or part time. I want full so we never discussed what part time entailed.

That's what I'd like to know, how they compare to MQ. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Is their platform as friendly? Do they have constant changes & nonstop required meetings/training, constant change-overs & changes in people's titles, etc.? Do you have to punch a time clock? Are the supervisors nice & professional or power-hungry & rude? Do they nit-pick you to death? Are accounts constantly disappearing and going to India? Is there plenty of work or do you get NJA a lot? Would love to know the real scoop!

Good Questions. I'd like to know that stuff too! - TNMT

[ In Reply To ..]

What I know....sm - blondie

[ In Reply To ..]
The account I am on uses Escription. This is the account they are hiring for right now. Escription is a good platform. I think it is MT friendly. No, they have not had any changes since I've been there (a few weeks). They require platform training when you hire on, which is maybe 1-1/2 hours. Then you do account specifics training, which is about 2 hours. Then you have time card training that is maybe 30 min. Then you have followup platform training for about an hour. You get paid $10 an hour for all time spent training. I haven't had any required meetings so far. You do have to do the timecard thing. My team lead is VERY nice, very easygoing. She leaves me alone and you will not hear from her unless you ask. No nitpicky stuff. The only work they offshore is from 10 pm till the next morning. Then it comes back onshore. It is offshore at wee hours and then onshore in day hours till 10 pm. They are slammed with work right now as they have a HUGE new account with about 52 facilities.

Focus Infomatics - Can't even reply to my emails - kittykatz

[ In Reply To ..]
I have applied there 3 times over the past 4 months and can't even get a reply. I'm 20+ years in the business and probably overqualified. From what I hear, they hire the lowest cost employee, and will manage you from overseas. I would move on.

FOCUS - kb

[ In Reply To ..]
Focus contacted me a while ago to work. They said they had radiology for me to do, as that is what I am used to. Once I got on though, they did not have radiology and were waiting for it. I waited for 3 months and they still did not have it. Meanwhile I was doing medical records transcription and making a lot of mistakes because THEY HAVE TOO MANY ESL! and also I am not trained in that area. It blew up in my face and they ended up nitpicking me to death and then fired me.

The lead was very snotty and also they had a GO TO MEETING just about every day, which took up 2 hours of your time, while they did not reimburse you unless you said something to them.

PERSONALLY, I HATED THEM!

Wow, you had a bad experience...sm - blondie

[ In Reply To ..]
When I was hired about a month ago they didn't have any radiology. I wasn't applying for it but on the testing it said do not test for radiology because no openings were available. Now, let me tell ya, they DO have some ESLs! A LOT! I am having a time adjusting to them too. My team lead was very nice so you must have had a rude one. I guess I got lucky. When you first start, you do have the go to meetings for training but that is all I've had. I was paid downtime for my training. I think you had a bad team lead.

That baffles me....sm - blondie

[ In Reply To ..]
They are begging for MTs. I don't know why they haven't replied. They pay 8 cpl/4 cpl I believe no matter how much experience unless you are a new grad. In that case, you make less. I am not managed from overseas though. I think it used to be that way. I have only dealt with all US people. The only encounter I've had with an Indian is 1 QA person that QAed my report was from India cause I seen on her ID it had IN instead of US. All tech support is US based. It isn't a bad place to me.

Similar Messages:

Know About Focus Infomatics?
Nov 13, 2009

What do you fine folks know about Focus Infomatics (sp)?  What kind of platform?  Thanks everyone in advance.  ...

Any Focus/Infomatics QC Out There
Nov 21, 2009

Anyone out there who is working as a QC for Focus Infomatics and making a decent living?  I'm newish to this position and am struggling to make a buck.  I need some comfirmation I made a good move.  So far, not so good and I'm hoping I get into a better groove quick enough to move and make some decent money.  Any success stories very much appreciated! ...

Focus Infomatics...sm
Jun 14, 2010

I see only one fairly recent post on Focus Infomatics and the responder just said "Indian owned company, I believe."  Does anyone out there know for sure?  Does anyone out there work for this company and, if yes, would you recommend them?  IThanks! ...

Inscribe And Focus Infomatics
Oct 24, 2009

Any feedback on these two companies?  Much appreciated.  Thanks ...

Focus Infomatics - Anything About Their Platform?
Dec 07, 2009

I looked through the archives but couldn't find anything about their platform.   I did speak with their recruiter and YOU HAVE to have a 32-bit operating system, XP or Vista, and Windows 7 is not compatible.  I'm pretty sure that when I looked at these guys about a year ago now, they set you their computer like many of the national companies do.  Also, does it seem like more employers are looking for MTs.  I haven't been on this site for a while but I think it was in Octobe ...

Focus Infomatics - Can Anyone Tell Me About This Company?
Jan 08, 2010

Can anyone tell me about this company?  ...

Is Focus Infomatics Really US-based Now?
Jan 29, 2010

A former manager of mine from "brand X MTSO" (in reality, a very dear friend now) got thrown under the bus.  She knows how "QBay" does.  She is considering an MT or QA job for Focus Infomatics.  Focus claims to not offshore, and has offered my friend 8 cpl.  That sounds terribly lame wage wise for all that experience. When I couldn't drink the MQ Kool-Aid anymore, I was making a whopping 9 cpl.  Of course, try doing the math on that formula come payday.   Jus ...

Focus Infomatics Pay Schedule
Feb 13, 2010

Can someone tell me the pay schedule for Focus?  Is it direct deposit?    For example: work from the 1st - 15th paid on the 25th and 16th through end of month on the 10th via direct deposit ...

Focus Infomatics :: Anybody Currently Working For Them
Mar 17, 2010

reading the past posts on this company do not look good...i just spoke with a "recruiter' and, of course, they made it sound good...anybody currently working for them...is it as bad as I've read??? ...

Anyone Work For Focus Infomatics?...sm
Mar 21, 2010

and has been there long enough to be eligible for benefits?  I just took a job with them.  I will be able to get insurance in 90 days.  They give me a price.  It is $217 every pay period (2 weeks) for family coverage.  That is Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance with a $2500 deducitble.  What I was wondering... is there a copay on Dr visits or do you have to meet the deductible first?  I believe she said you pay copay on prescriptions.  Also does anyone have ...

Question About Pay At Focus Infomatics
Sep 08, 2010

Hi. I have a question about pay at Focus that hopefully someone can answer.  Transcription is paid at 8 cents per line and editing at 3 or 4 cents a line. My question is about voice recognition because that is what most of my jobs are. Is that considered editing as far as pay rate or still transcription?  Thanks in advance! ...

FOCUS INFOMATICS--QUESTION
Sep 14, 2010

I'm wondering if there is enough work available to make it possible to produce enough lines to qualify for benefits, by working the set schedule, without flexing hours.  Anyone out there working for FI and doing great, loving it?  TIA. ...

Focus Nuance Infomatics
Jan 18, 2011

Can anyone give information on Focus.  I would love to hear from someone on their experiences with Focus?  I see old postings on this, but nothing as of recent.  Thanks for your help! ...

Focus Infomatics :: Can You Make Any Money On Cpl?
Jan 26, 2010

I was offered a job as QA for Focus at 4 cpl.  Can you make any money on cpl?  I have always worked QA on an hourly wage.  Thanks for any response. ...

Info On Working For Focus Infomatics?
Aug 03, 2010

Anyone have any info on working for Focus Infomatics they will share? Tks! ...

Current Information On Focus Infomatics
Aug 11, 2010

Just wanted current information on Focus infomatics.  I think we all know the transcription business is overall heading in a horrible direction with the outsourcing and getting paid less for SR, so that is understood.  I just want to make there is work, how the platform is, Escription, and how the technical assistance is, as I have to supply own computer.  Thanks for the information.  If anyone could tell me if it is like MQ, worse, better, that would help a lot.  Thanks. ...

Focus Infomatics :: Got Hired And Already No Work
Oct 07, 2010

Just got hired and already no work.  Is this par for the course?? ...

Is Focus Infomatics Indian Owned?
Jun 13, 2011

nm ...

Any Positive Feedback On Focus Infomatics/Nuance?
Jun 30, 2010

Anyone work for Focus Infomtics in QA?  Been offered a job with them but have not accepted yet.  Thanks for any feedback. ...

Focus Infomatics :: Firsthand Experience With Or Knowledge?
Jun 06, 2010

Does anyone have firsthand experience with or knowledge about this company - good or bad? ...

What Focus Infomatics Pays For Transcription Versus Editing?
Nov 02, 2009

Does anyone know what Focus Infomatics pays for transcription versus editing? ...

Focus....HELP
Oct 14, 2009

Please let me know if there is anyone out there pleased with focus? I need to find a real job, not one that has no work! HELP!! ...

To Focus FT MTs
Feb 25, 2010

If you currently work FT with Focus could you share approximately or average of your gross montly income from Focus is. I am wondering if it is worthwhile to apply. I currently work as an IC and average $2000-2400 a month, which is fine but I have no benefits. I would like to have a FT job that provides insurance and PTO time but do not want to lose a chunk of my current income. Are you able to make what I currently do being FT? Thanks in advance for your input.  You can priv ...

Any Focus HR?
Mar 19, 2010

I worked for them previously and would love to to again.  Any contacts on this board? ...

FOCUS QA
Apr 30, 2010

I have been working at Focus now for 2 weeks.  I think everyone is nice.  All my QAs have seemed fair except today one QA (and only this one) counts off for blanks.  Well the team lead said you are not penalized for blanks when I hired on.  She said you won't be dinged for blanks.  Well so far I haven't had a QA to ding me for a blank, but today, as I said, one went to town on my reports and dinged for every single one I sent in.  My team lead isn't o ...

W-2 From Focus Yet? 
Jan 26, 2011

Has anyone gotten their W-2 from Focus yet?  ...

How Do You Focus When
Mar 22, 2011

There is such LOUD Indian-type music blaring in the background?  That is all I can hear.  The doctor is mumbling away and all I hear is Ooooohhhhhh, la le laaa, la le laaaaaa, la le laaaahha ha, ohoohohohOOOOOO, lo leeee luuu, loooo le luuuu.   HELP! ...

Focus
Dec 02, 2014

Recently I had the benefit of hearing someone speak on where our focus lies.  It wasn't a talk about employment at all, but I started thinking about it today as I read through the posts on this board. The jest of the talk was that if you focus on the negative you'll be grouchy, have more pain, be less productive, and generally be miserable.  If your focus is on the positive, though, suddenly you're happy in spite of miserable circumstances. I was hoping with this forum ...

Help..someone With Information On Focus!
Dec 03, 2009

Could someone give me the dirt on Focus?  Hours, work, supervisors, QA, workload>  Thanks in advance!... ...

Focus Info
Dec 03, 2009

What does Focus Infomatics require for line count for FT and PT? How long do they allow you to come up to that? ...