A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

current information on Focus infomatics - Aliendoll

Posted: Aug 11, 2010

Just wanted current information on Focus infomatics.  I think we all know the transcription business is overall heading in a horrible direction with the outsourcing and getting paid less for SR, so that is understood.  I just want to make there is work, how the platform is, Escription, and how the technical assistance is, as I have to supply own computer.  Thanks for the information.  If anyone could tell me if it is like MQ, worse, better, that would help a lot.  Thanks.

Focus - Former Focus person

[ In Reply To ..]
Tech support is actually pretty good, but if you're comparing it to MQ, pretty much anything looks good in comparison.

I worked on the Dictaphone platform, not Escription, so can't speak to that, but the tech support people are really right on the ball and quite helpful. The account I worked on didn't have a problem with work except on Saturdays it got a little slow, but that was the exception and not the norm, and it never lasted for very long.

Thanks - Alliendoll

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the info.:)

focus feedback - atagirl

[ In Reply To ..]
I think Focus is doing a good job of stepping up these days, now that they actually give PTO to their MTs. Their pay tiers are still low but not as low as some have been. Their QA needs to step up a bit. I was told you have to fight QA and teach them to leave you alone by being right when they are wrong. Some QA people are good, though, and they support you, even against the bad ones. I don't work there anymore, but they are not bad to work for. I quit because of the PTO issue, but now they give PTO. Escription is the best and most user friendly platform out there.

Thanks - Aliendoll

[ In Reply To ..]
Appreciate the information.

focus - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry to burst the bubble, but my experience with them compared with other companies is that their system is horrible. You have to make sure everything is correct and take time to correct it before even starting to transcribe. The QA is ruthless. Every other day seemed to be a go-to-meeting. I had a horrible experience with them and hope it never repeats.

Similar Messages:

Know About Focus Infomatics?
Nov 13, 2009

What do you fine folks know about Focus Infomatics (sp)?  What kind of platform?  Thanks everyone in advance.  ...

Any Focus/Infomatics QC Out There
Nov 21, 2009

Anyone out there who is working as a QC for Focus Infomatics and making a decent living?  I'm newish to this position and am struggling to make a buck.  I need some comfirmation I made a good move.  So far, not so good and I'm hoping I get into a better groove quick enough to move and make some decent money.  Any success stories very much appreciated! ...

Anyone Know Anything About Focus Infomatics?
May 04, 2010

I received an e-mail today from a recruiter at Focus Infomatics.  I applied there last year and didn't meet their experience criteria but the e-mail asked me to send them an updated resume to see if I do now (and I do).  I currently work for MQ and quite frankly, I could take it or leave it.  I've not been impressed by MQ but I don't see a reason to leave a job I'm not fond of for another job I may like even less.  Any info about them would be greatly ...

Focus Infomatics...sm
Jun 14, 2010

I see only one fairly recent post on Focus Infomatics and the responder just said "Indian owned company, I believe."  Does anyone out there know for sure?  Does anyone out there work for this company and, if yes, would you recommend them?  IThanks! ...

Inscribe And Focus Infomatics
Oct 24, 2009

Any feedback on these two companies?  Much appreciated.  Thanks ...

Focus Infomatics - Anything About Their Platform?
Dec 07, 2009

I looked through the archives but couldn't find anything about their platform.   I did speak with their recruiter and YOU HAVE to have a 32-bit operating system, XP or Vista, and Windows 7 is not compatible.  I'm pretty sure that when I looked at these guys about a year ago now, they set you their computer like many of the national companies do.  Also, does it seem like more employers are looking for MTs.  I haven't been on this site for a while but I think it was in Octobe ...

Focus Infomatics - Can Anyone Tell Me About This Company?
Jan 08, 2010

Can anyone tell me about this company?  ...

Is Focus Infomatics Really US-based Now?
Jan 29, 2010

A former manager of mine from "brand X MTSO" (in reality, a very dear friend now) got thrown under the bus.  She knows how "QBay" does.  She is considering an MT or QA job for Focus Infomatics.  Focus claims to not offshore, and has offered my friend 8 cpl.  That sounds terribly lame wage wise for all that experience. When I couldn't drink the MQ Kool-Aid anymore, I was making a whopping 9 cpl.  Of course, try doing the math on that formula come payday.   Jus ...

Focus Infomatics Pay Schedule
Feb 13, 2010

Can someone tell me the pay schedule for Focus?  Is it direct deposit?    For example: work from the 1st - 15th paid on the 25th and 16th through end of month on the 10th via direct deposit ...

Focus Infomatics :: Anybody Currently Working For Them
Mar 17, 2010

reading the past posts on this company do not look good...i just spoke with a "recruiter' and, of course, they made it sound good...anybody currently working for them...is it as bad as I've read??? ...

Anyone Work For Focus Infomatics?...sm
Mar 21, 2010

and has been there long enough to be eligible for benefits?  I just took a job with them.  I will be able to get insurance in 90 days.  They give me a price.  It is $217 every pay period (2 weeks) for family coverage.  That is Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance with a $2500 deducitble.  What I was wondering... is there a copay on Dr visits or do you have to meet the deductible first?  I believe she said you pay copay on prescriptions.  Also does anyone have ...

Question About Pay At Focus Infomatics
Sep 08, 2010

Hi. I have a question about pay at Focus that hopefully someone can answer.  Transcription is paid at 8 cents per line and editing at 3 or 4 cents a line. My question is about voice recognition because that is what most of my jobs are. Is that considered editing as far as pay rate or still transcription?  Thanks in advance! ...

FOCUS INFOMATICS--QUESTION
Sep 14, 2010

I'm wondering if there is enough work available to make it possible to produce enough lines to qualify for benefits, by working the set schedule, without flexing hours.  Anyone out there working for FI and doing great, loving it?  TIA. ...

Focus Nuance Infomatics
Jan 18, 2011

Can anyone give information on Focus.  I would love to hear from someone on their experiences with Focus?  I see old postings on this, but nothing as of recent.  Thanks for your help! ...

Focus Infomatics :: Can You Make Any Money On Cpl?
Jan 26, 2010

I was offered a job as QA for Focus at 4 cpl.  Can you make any money on cpl?  I have always worked QA on an hourly wage.  Thanks for any response. ...

Info On Working For Focus Infomatics?
Aug 03, 2010

Anyone have any info on working for Focus Infomatics they will share? Tks! ...

Focus Infomatics :: Got Hired And Already No Work
Oct 07, 2010

Just got hired and already no work.  Is this par for the course?? ...

Is Focus Infomatics Indian Owned?
Jun 13, 2011

nm ...

Any Positive Feedback On Focus Infomatics/Nuance?
Jun 30, 2010

Anyone work for Focus Infomtics in QA?  Been offered a job with them but have not accepted yet.  Thanks for any feedback. ...

Focus Infomatics :: Firsthand Experience With Or Knowledge?
Jun 06, 2010

Does anyone have firsthand experience with or knowledge about this company - good or bad? ...

What Focus Infomatics Pays For Transcription Versus Editing?
Nov 02, 2009

Does anyone know what Focus Infomatics pays for transcription versus editing? ...

Help..someone With Information On Focus!
Dec 03, 2009

Could someone give me the dirt on Focus?  Hours, work, supervisors, QA, workload>  Thanks in advance!... ...

Any Current Focus Employees? Pros, Cons, Good, Bad Comments?
Nov 17, 2010

Is there work?  Do they pay on time?  Any comments on overall experience there would be appreciated.  ...

Any Current Information On TTS
Jan 17, 2010

Would appreciate any current information on TTS, particular related to IC status.  Thanks much. ...

Current Information On TTS
Feb 01, 2010

Thinking of applying and just wondering about pay, platform, accounts etc. Any information would be good. I just want to make sure it is a good place to work.  From the archives, it looks like it is pretty mixed.  People either love it or hated it due to the strict scheduling.  Is the schedule still strict for ICs? Thanks in advance for your information. ...

Current Information On MD-IT?
Mar 07, 2010

Does anyone have any current information on MD-IT?   I searched the boards and the archives and found nothing.  If anyone could share any information at all, I would appreciate it, thanks. ...

Looking For Current Information On TTS Please (sm)
Jan 05, 2011

Have read the archives but most of it is from 2009 and older, a few posts in 2010 but really hoping to find out more current information.  They are offering IC status but then list the shifts that they expect you to work???  How is the pay, platform, volume of work, managers, communication, you name it, I would like to know it.  :)   TIA ...

Any Current Information About TTS? 
Apr 11, 2011

Does anyone have any current information about TTS?  Could someone who works there now please let me know how things are going with this company?  ...

Anyone With Current Information On E-MTS?
May 05, 2011

I've done the search and don't find anything current. I would like to have any details you might such as cpl, hours, flexing, amount of work, etcetera. Please post or e-mail. ...

Does Anyone Have CURRENT Information On JLG? Nm
May 30, 2011

/ ...