A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Highly recommend both Oracle & TransTech! sm - stella gets her groove back

Posted: Nov 15, 2010

I've  only been with these 2 companies for a short time but I highly recommend both of these companies.  The people are extremely nice at both, tech support outstanding at both, both offer great platforms.  The only thing with Oracle is you have to be in a position to be slightly patient for new accounts ramping up but they are VERY accommodating, bend over backwards to help with backups and just lovely people honestly.  Can't say enough good about either one! 

Heaven help me when I have to choose between the two because they're both just great so far!

I've just been through the ringer lately and felt like the whole industry was totally down the tubes...  Just happy and wanted to share companies I'd recommend!

nice people, nice tech support all great, but does not pay bills - show me where the money is

[ In Reply To ..]
What is the pay?

Believe me, you haven't worked for OTI long enough.... - OTIer

[ In Reply To ..]
Would be interested in hearing from you after you've been there for a year or so.

I liked them at first too, but the work load dropped - me

[ In Reply To ..]
considerably after my first year, with promise after promise of new accounts and more work. It never happened. I have to finally cut my losses.

Recommend Oracle all you want - MrsJ.

[ In Reply To ..]
If they will not respond to a resume of a 20-year MT and to other people, they are not very professional. And if they will discriminate against disabled employees (they recently had to pay a suit they lost in court) they are not very ethical, either. In the end, I do not want to work for such people.

You all bring up some good points (sm) - stella gets her groove back

[ In Reply To ..]
- I think the true test is the test of time BUT that being said, I was burned bad by the company I used to work for -- stuck it out through a sudden pay-cut and trickling work because I loved the platform and my account and had worked it for a couple years and then got the axe without any notice - by e-mail - without even a thank you, seriously. Just disposable. They claimed the account had little work and they had to cut people and this came on the heals of me asking numerous times what is happening, can I get a heads up, will you please give me another/more accounts, etc. and they did not relay any info. - if they even answered they would just say "slow day" and the accounts they were hiring for had specific needs they were hiring for - mind you I have years of experience and am capable of learning a different platform and though I did clinics I know acute care - but no they just pulled the rug out from underneath me - so the squeaky wheel doesn't get the oil (and I asked pleasantly not complaining) -- you get the axe. It was a terrible demoralizing feeling - but in the end I decided it said much more about them than it did about me -- so I had no choice but to finally move on - figured all companies are the same and I'm not experienced to switch fields right now and there are no jobs anyway, so I gave these companies a try after a lot of consideration and just in my opinion I'll take a company that is straightforward and honest with a slow building account and being kept in the loop of info. than a company that is disrespective enough to mislead or just conceal what is truly going on to the MT behind the scenes, use them up and then dump them without warning not caring about the impact that has on the MTs financial survival - no warning - (especially after having many opportunities to say look we are losing this account, or look we are transitioning this account and you need to start looking elsewhere - anything but I got nothing). Maybe I'm too naive, maybe I was too scared to let go, maybe I'd lost confidence in my self but that's why I say stella's got her groove back because I have confidence again - I am being utilized on a difficult account IMO and made it off QA pretty quickly - yes it sucks the pays has dropped everywhere and we have to work harder and smarter to make 3/4 or less of what we had to but I tell you it's desperate financial times here so I am just happy to have any kind of job. I'm sure this could be just the honeymoon phase of the job and maybe I won't feel the same in the long wrong but so far everybody at both companies has proven to be honest, straightforward and accommodating. I'm sure everybody has different experiences - even some maybe have it good where I used to work? - but I tell you this, I can say Oracle has been nothing but honest and open with me and to me, that's worth gold, and I can work with that and around any account issue because of that - because I know what I'm dealing with and know what else I need to do - I can plan when I have solid forthcoming info -- that honesty and openness to me is called character and treating people with respect which is something I've been sorely lacking in my job in a long time. That's why I recommend them.

Few jobs are perfect in every way, and jobs are hard to come by in this economy as it is - with such an abundance of MTs chasing too few jobs I think companies have started to abuse them knowing there are scores more willing to take their place - it is refreshing in my opinion to be treated with the common decency of honesty. I don't know any other way to say it.

Oh my!! You really have been snowed!! Honest! sm - OTIer

[ In Reply To ..]
I promise, one day you will learn. I'm not trying to flame you. Just a warning.

To Stella Gets Her Groove Back - Waiting patiently MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I love your positive post! I have been hired by Oracle for a new account ramping up and I find it refreshing to be treated with kindness and respect. I just left a small company that everyone raved about on this board when I researched them in the archives. It was a nightmare! No more small companies for this gal!! When you have to rely on the owner and her side kick and no buffer in between, it spells nothing but trouble if you cross either one even slightly in the wrong direction. MTs have left bad posts about dozens upon dozens of companies on this board, each having experienced their own batch of problems. That does not mean one size fits all. I am happy that you like working for Oracle, because that means I probably will too. I left Transcend after they bought MDI, because it was horrible there for me, but there are a lot of other MTs who like it there and do well. So, ignore the nay sayers on this board about Oracle. Like you said, in these times just be happy you have a job and if it doesn't pay the bills, then you may need more than 1 job. Anything is better than nothing at all.

You may think I'm a "nay sayer," but just letting you know...sm - OTIer

[ In Reply To ..]
Beware.
You know, that can probably - be said
[ In Reply To ..]
for just about any MTSO out there these days. I have been around the block more than I can to remember in this profession since things went to hell in a hand basket,from MQ to Transcend and a few in between. None of them, and I mean none, could be looked at as a "forever MT home" like used to be the case in the past. I guess we just have to hope, stay positive and if it doesn't work out, move on yet again.

owner and sidekick - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
I am quite sure I know what company that is. If you tick off either one, you may as well kiss the job goodbye. Buffer? What is that?? If the QA decides she doesn't like you, you're as good as gone!
sidekick - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
If you enjoy being an A**kciker, then you'll fit in well with almost any company. I don't!
owner and sidekick - momof3
[ In Reply To ..]
Can you tell us what company it is? Or at least its initials? I think I know who you mean, too, but want to be sure.
Initials are ATS - Patiently Waiting MT
[ In Reply To ..]
This may surprise a lot of MTs here and I won't bash a company on this board but will gladly relate my experience to anyone who wants to email me.
No I guess I was wrong. Mine was another company. (nm) - stella gets her groove back
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
Buffer - Patiently Waiting MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Exactly why I won't work for any more small companies. No buffer means no team lead, no liaison, just the owner and her only QA person who has way too much authority.

I used to work at MDI too! (sm) - stella gets her groove back

[ In Reply To ..]
it was the best national job I ever had in many respects - most productive I've ever been and best pay per line I ever had - most successful and productive I think because got to work on the same work type on same account all day every day - boy those were the days!

I wonder if you worked at the company I did that used Bayscribe, small company and no consideration.... I'm pretty sure it is.

As for Oracle, I just want to add that I never said they pay a super high cpl or that they have a ton of work - what I'm saying is they're honest and forthcoming and communicate about where they're at, what's happening, what the needs are, where it's going, etc. and everything out of respect so the MT can plan - THAT is so different than where I just came from...
AMEN!! nm - Patiently waiting MT
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I give up. One of these days your eye will be opened, I promise. - OTIer
[ In Reply To ..]
You may THINK they are honest now. Live and learn.
My experience with OTI: Oracle, I was very happy - nonner
[ In Reply To ..]
with them for a couple of years. Nice honest people. The pay wasn't that great, but I appreciated them for who they were. I had two other part-time jobs and quit them in order to devote full time to Oracle. The account I was put on was huge and there was always lots of work.......

But as in any good love story, the workload started to drop and my main account dried up. I was promised another account ASAP, but all I was given was a secondary account that rarely had work, and I bet a lot of us were jumping on it as soon as we could.

Then another account was given to me. I had 5 or 6 accounts at one point, bouncing around from one to the other (all with pages of instructions), but no consistent work. It is so difficult to get up any speed when you do 5 reports and each one required pages of reminders and new formatting.

The last straw? My pay was dropped. I understand the national standard or whatever it's called, but 8 CPL as an IC is equivelent to about 5 CPL, and I can't survive on that. I was averaging about 1000 lines per week because of the lack of work. If you do that math, it's not worth it.

I don't know what's going on over there. Many of my emails are ignored. I feel I get the run-around. I just require honesty and I'm not feeling it anymore.

Just don't put all your eggs in one basket.
Stella - Mississippi
[ In Reply To ..]
Where was this company that used Bayscribe located?
So here's what you can 'plan' on - Yes, really
[ In Reply To ..]
You can 'plan' on running out of work on a daily basis.
You can 'plan' on not having anyone return your calls.
You can 'plan' on no training with the ASR.
You can 'plan' on being one of the first to be let go when this new account doesn't materialize.

If those who have been loyal to this company over the years are being treated like this, what makes you think you won't?
Stella, your eyes will be opened soon with OTI - no doubt about it
[ In Reply To ..]
I understand that you are still in the honeymoon phase with OTI. But wait until you've worked there for a few years like me. Yes, the communication can be great (sometimes). But after you just keep getting promises after promises, for months on end, but the work never materializes, you'll probably start to see what Oracle is really like.

Case in point, I have worked for OTI for quite a while. After they hired all of the new people for their new account, when the work didn't materialize, they put all of you new people onto existing accounts...MY accounts...so now I am left with no work to do. And if Oracle has no more consideration for someone like me, a loyal MT who has been with them for years, what makes you think that you are any more special? They'll do it to you too. Just wait and see. A leopard doesn't change its spots.

Honeymoon phase - TT MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I am glad for you that you have found something that works for you, and I also work for 1 of the companies you mentioned. In the beginning it was like a honeymoon, very nice, bent over backwards accommodating me, everything, then about 4 months into my employment things changed; and I am finding it hard to survive on what I am making. I agree almost with everything you said, but do keep notes on everything that transpires, keep e-mails, everything, and if you give it your all, who knows maybe this will work out for you. I wish you the best. Good luck!!

TT does have nice management but... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
after 2 years with them I left because I couldn't pay my bills with their low pay on VR. Nice people don't pay bills. Higher pay pays the bills.

I agree higher pay pays bills & not nice people but (sm) - stella gets her groove back

[ In Reply To ..]
where's the higher pay? I used to work in a hospital and make 20/hr. I used to work from home and avg. 30-35 hour. Now at 8 cpl I'm not making that BUT until I continue training for another job, I don't have options - I've searched...there are NO jobs where I live SO given the choice of low pay, uncertain work availability AND being treated like crap or low pay, uncertain work availability AND being treated with respect, kept in the loop and offered help to work around it, I'll take the latter thank you. (not being snotty or sound snotty either - just making my point that all things being equal I'd at least like to be treated with respect and not left in the dark to worry and wonder) If you find the company that pays top dollar, has reliable work day in and day out at the time you want it/need it, AND treats you well, please let us all know because we'll be there for sure :)

AMEN, AGAIN!! nm - Patiently Waiting MT

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Stella - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
Congrats on your new job. Kudos to someone who actually has a positive attitude. I have said it before and I will say it again, this board only has a few hundred MTs that frequent it, most of them unhappy. You have to remember that there are thousands of MTs out here who are happy and still able to make a decent living. I've been at Oracle for quite a while and have always had work. True I have many accounts but the work flow is there and that's all anyone can ask for right now. I have found OTI a very easy company to work for. Good luck to you!

As far as being sued, there are 2 sides to every story and we are only hearing 1 side. MQ has been sued many times and look how many MTs still work for them.
Okay, then here is both sides of the story. - :o)
[ In Reply To ..]
k
Ooops, sorry, forgot the link - :o)
[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/newsroom/release/10-9-09e.cfm

You must still be in the honeymoon phase - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked at TT and thought the same thing at first. Give them time. You will learn they will do anything to cut that high pay soon after you have been there a while.

TTer who respectfully disagrees - TTer2

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been with TT a couple of years now, always on the same account (and with a backup account), and I've never had my pay cut. They did minimally raise the required lines per day about a year ago, I believe, but the requirements before that were ridiculously low (IMO).

I'm very content at TT and have no intentions of going elsewhere. I've had stability on my primary account, a decent line rate for both traditional transcription and editing, and I'm making a decent living. I also have an account manager who is very communicative, and that always helps.

I'm sorry your experience there was so different. I guess it truly does depend on which account and for which account manager you work.

Welcome aboard, Stella...I hope you enjoy TT as much as I do.

I am asking as a serious question, so please read it that way. sm - ndmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Aren't you afraid posting like this that one company will find out about the other? I have always been given the impression companies frown on you working for a second transcription company. I know many MTs do, but I just thought it always had to be hush-hush.

It does not have to be hush-hush - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
As long as you keep your production with company #1, what you do in your free time (including working for companies #2 and 3, if need be) is your very own business.

Nah (see message) - TTer

[ In Reply To ..]
Nah, I work for TT and I'm very upfront with my account manager about my extracurricular transcription endeavors. She even has a couple of other gigs herself. I think it's always been commonplace for an MT to have more than 1 job or to have a FT position with his/her own private accounts on the side, but in these economic times, I think it's by and large accepted the average MT MUST have more than 1 job to make ends meet.

So if you have conflicts with your transcription jobs... - ndmt

[ In Reply To ..]
are you honest about it? Do you say you were late because you were running errands and got delayed or do you tell them your other job ran over?

Similar Messages:

I Highly Recommend This Free Anatomy Visual Class On Line.
Jun 19, 2010

all you have to do is sign up, its free.  It has visuals where you match the body part names to the skeleton, some powerpoint presentations, some videos and tons of quizzes.  I am taking anatomy and physiology this August on line at my college, and thought this was be a great self starter! heres the link for those who are interested.  I do highly recommend it   http://www.learnanatomyphysiology.com/ ...

Have You Guys Read "Who Moved My Cheese?" If Not, I Highly Recommend It. Sm
Apr 28, 2014

This industry doesn't pay enough anymore.  Why do you stay?  I have been in this business since the early 80s, have worked for hospitals and services and had my own accounts.  I was always able to make great money until now.  As soon as my pay dropped from what it was ($25-35/hr or more with own accounts) to about $10 an hour for a service, I was done.  I started looking and found a job in a hospital that pays a lot more, with benefits and paid time off.  ...

Oracle Versus TransTech Please Help, Please
Oct 06, 2010

I'm sorry to bother everybody with ?s but -- I'm in a situation where I need to make a job decision today between 2 options and it is really difficult because it is hard to compare the variables when so much is unknown to me. Current situation -- I work PT employee - just got a pay cut and continually run out of work, some days getting merely 100 lines.  Pay decrease was from 9.5 to 8 with one week's warning.  I rarely bring home more than 300 a pay period.  Seriou ...

FTR...highly Difficult Dictator
Mar 15, 2010

First day for me beginning FTR.  Started out very well, no markers, then BOOM!!.....right into one of the most difficult doctors.  Ugh!  This is one we discussed in our "conference call" for FTR.  This is frustrating because we were told that it does not matter how difficult the dictator is, there will be no exception as to sending anything to QA.  I'm sitting here with about 8 blanks yet to fill...unsure what to do. First time to post on this board, but I've ...

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

Can Someone Recommend
Aug 10, 2010

A place to purchase the most recent book of style?  Thanks! ...

Would You Recommend...
Sep 30, 2012

For those of you that work full time in an employee position with benefits, would you recommend your current company? I am looking for some positive feedback on which companies to target for an employee MT position. Thanks in advance. ...

Why I Would NOT Recommend ATSI
Feb 19, 2010

Hello all! I am new to this forum and would just like to share my thoughts with you as I have read through some of your postings about different MT companies out there, like "Should I work here?" So, as nicely as I can say it, in a matter of my opinion:  My Top Ten Reasons why I would NOT recommend ATSI: 1. The pay. Straight CPL no matter if it's days, nights, weekends, holidays. 2. No raises, incentives, or bonuses. 3. NOT employee status...EVER...even after 90 days, you will ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Reasonably Priced
Jul 31, 2010

headset for VR?   Thanks!  ...

Recommend MT School
Sep 28, 2010

Hi, I am interested in taking a MT online course and would like some recommendations on some online schools.  I don't want to make the wrong decision and waste my money. Can anyone please  telll about a few schools so I can make my decision? Thanks ...

Can Anyone Recommend An Expander?
Dec 19, 2010

make entries on the fly?  I have been using an old copy of Shortcut for years but creating new entries is tedious:  I type, copy, open program, create shortcut, paste, close program, return to work.  Does Smart Type or Instant Text eliminate any of these steps?  Thanks!      ...

What FTP Program Would You Recommend
Feb 14, 2011

I am almost finished my online course and have started looking at Job Postings.  I noticed one company requesting an FTP Program for file transfers.  I have been training with Express Scribe, which they specifically said they do NOT use.  Can anyone recommend a good, easy to use FTP Program?   ...

Can Anyone Recommend A FTP Site
Jun 07, 2011

that is free and secure?  I am trying to go digital with the doc office I work for so any information would be greatly appreciated! ...

Would Anybody Recommend M*Modal
Nov 14, 2012

Would anybody recommend working for M*Modal?  Right now I work for a hospital/clinic and so many of the doctors have gone to front end speech and doing their own reports, and my job has basically turned into an editor.  I love typing and was just wondering what M*Modal was like and what the benefits are like.  Do you have to take the standard test, etc.  Do they pay well?  My main interest is insurance benefits for myself and my husband.  He goes on Medicare in 3 ye ...

Which Expander Do You Recommend?
Jun 13, 2013

I am looking at different word expanders to replace my autocorrect and find the choices almost overwhelming. I will be starting over (ugh). What do you use and why? I am looking for the easiest to use with the least amount of keystrokes to do commands. Any input would be greatly appreciated! ...

Can Anyone Recommend Some Colleges . . .
Jul 25, 2013

Even better if they accept some college classes in transfer (I know that depends on the transferring college) and work experience?  Are there any online schools that are approved by AHIMA? ...

Recommend Running
Aug 21, 2013

Ever since last week when problems opening this site, my system has been superslow.  I ran SpyBot and had 2 malicious bots BYPASSING my firewall. FYI.   ...

Recommend A Headset, Please
Sep 20, 2013

I'm looking to purchase a new headset for transcription.  I had a Philips SHM-7500 and it lasted for 6 years. It's no longer being sold other than on E-bay from Korea ;) I have heard good things about both the Logitech h540 and the Spectra USB Transcription Headset, two totally different styles. Any input/recommendations for these or any others? I use it on the computer, not for cassette tapes. The Philips had the open ear cushions while the Logitech has flat padding. ...

Anyone Recommend A Good Headset?
Nov 04, 2009

I have 2 headsets and in both the right side has gone out, which is aggravating.  Would greatly appreciate any recommendations on headsets!! TIA ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Line Counter For Me?
Dec 28, 2009

I'm not sure what to download   ...

Headphones - What Kind Do You Use & Recommend?
Mar 25, 2010

I was just wondering what kind of headphones you guys use and recommend?   Thanks! ...

Recommend A Great School?
Apr 30, 2010

I am researching MT schools, and would like input from current MT's on which schools they suggest, taking all factors into consideration; price, course outline, payment program, length of program, etc. I am also considering billing and coding. I am an LPN, 8 years now, I know all of the terminology, A&P, but prefer to refresh my memory on it all. You may email me at ******************* Thanks! iansmomm ...

Schools Employers Recommend
May 04, 2010

To apply for a job as a Medical Language Specialist employers prefer that your training was acquired from Career Step, Penn Foster, The Andrews School and others.  I acquired my training from Professional Career Development Institute, The School of Medical Transcription.  Did anyone find a job after graduating from this institute?  ...

Recommend A Recording Device?
Oct 03, 2011

One of my clients is going digital (finally) and looking for a good dictation device. Can anyone recommend good ones and perhaps warn me what NOT to buy? Thanks in advance. ...

Can Someone Please Recommend A Good Company
Mar 02, 2012

Recommend An Audio Player
Aug 09, 2012

Now that I have decided on Mydocsonline - can anyone recommend an audio player??? Thanks, Cathy ...

Recommend Word Book On OT And PT ?
Aug 22, 2012

Can anyone recommend a good word book for occupational therapy and/or physical therapy terms?  Things like contact guard (is it hyphenated or not), set up, and physical therapy equipment?  I've got an Ortho word book with Rehab but it's about worthless for physical therapy and/or occupational therapy.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance. ...

Is Andrews The Only School You Recommend?
Sep 14, 2012

I was looking at Career Step.  No? ...

Would Any Of You Recommend MT As A Career Choice?
Apr 14, 2013

I would have in the past, but not any more.  Unless I really hated the person and wanted to see them totally fail in life. ...

Could Anyone Recommend MTSOs That Are Currently Hiring?
Mar 30, 2014

Hello, I love to transcribe and edit and I sure need at least a part-time job right now, if not full-time, and I am having trouble finding out about an MTSO that is currently hiring.   I've been doing this since 1998 and this is the first time I have had such difficulty.  Could anyone out there recommend some MTSOs that are currently hiring?  They don't necessarily need to be big nationals, they could be smaller "mom and pop" MTSOs.  Some of the smaller MTSOs are ...