A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

FTR...highly difficult dictator - frustrated

Posted: Mar 15, 2010

First day for me beginning FTR.  Started out very well, no markers, then BOOM!!.....right into one of the most difficult doctors.  Ugh!  This is one we discussed in our "conference call" for FTR.  This is frustrating because we were told that it does not matter how difficult the dictator is, there will be no exception as to sending anything to QA.  I'm sitting here with about 8 blanks yet to fill...unsure what to do.

First time to post on this board, but I've read a lot over the past couple months and have been feeling pretty much the same as the majority about MQ for a long time.  I started schooling in Nov. for a completely different field (teaching) but still have at least 2 more years.  Trying to hang on to what little rope I have left.

Thanks for listening out there!

Just decide whether you want to send it to...sm - MQ2

[ In Reply To ..]
QA or straight to the client. You're wasting your time and losing lines in the process and it's not worth the stress. Just finish it and get rid of it.

After trying to fill in blanks, and knowing the dictator, - I would just send to client

[ In Reply To ..]
If you send to QA, they might fill in 1 or 2 blanks, but they are not spending any time on these docs either, they only get 3 cpl as well.

I would do my best and send to client and hopefully, the dictator will learn to dictate properly and if not, he can fill in his own blanks.

MQ wanted it this way... remember that.

Thanks! - frustrated

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

I was mainly just venting. Although I know very well I'm not the only one - frustrated

[ In Reply To ..]
who might get a "difficult" dictator right off the bat of FTR, it was just frustrating, and I guess I just "vent" a little about it.

FTR - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't know that I have "guessed" yet, but I have used some pretty creative writing skills so far today!!!
Tracking percentages on FTR starts 04/01 - old and burned out
[ In Reply To ..]
Until then I would send as many blanks to QA as you need to.

send to client or QA - amd

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told there is only about a 20% chance that QA can understand it if you are an experienced MT and cannot understand it. I would send it to client.

Similar Messages:

Difficult Dictator Pools
Aug 06, 2014

If anyone knows the companies who have these, can you please share? I know that MM had them. I've been hired elsewhere and I'm pretty sure I'm in that pool again, even though I was not told that when I was hired. Grrrrr........ I have multiple accounts and get the same handful of horrible dictators all the time. ...

I Have A Question. I Work For A Very Difficult Account With Very Difficult ESLs. Other People Have
Jan 30, 2014

to dump these reports so the owner doesnt have to pay QA for them because they cant do them at all.  They QA the whole report almost.  I am totally burnt out with this and not sure what to do.  Any ideas out there. ...

Highly Recommend Both Oracle & TransTech! Sm
Nov 15, 2010

I've  only been with these 2 companies for a short time but I highly recommend both of these companies.  The people are extremely nice at both, tech support outstanding at both, both offer great platforms.  The only thing with Oracle is you have to be in a position to be slightly patient for new accounts ramping up but they are VERY accommodating, bend over backwards to help with backups and just lovely people honestly.  Can't say enough good about either one!  ...

I Highly Recommend This Free Anatomy Visual Class On Line.
Jun 19, 2010

all you have to do is sign up, its free.  It has visuals where you match the body part names to the skeleton, some powerpoint presentations, some videos and tons of quizzes.  I am taking anatomy and physiology this August on line at my college, and thought this was be a great self starter! heres the link for those who are interested.  I do highly recommend it   http://www.learnanatomyphysiology.com/ ...

Have You Guys Read "Who Moved My Cheese?" If Not, I Highly Recommend It. Sm
Apr 28, 2014

This industry doesn't pay enough anymore.  Why do you stay?  I have been in this business since the early 80s, have worked for hospitals and services and had my own accounts.  I was always able to make great money until now.  As soon as my pay dropped from what it was ($25-35/hr or more with own accounts) to about $10 an hour for a service, I was done.  I started looking and found a job in a hospital that pays a lot more, with benefits and paid time off.  ...

Anyone Else's Job Getting More Difficult
May 27, 2015

My account went to Epic, not the first time I've lost an account to Epic, so I should be used to this by now.  All these little partial dictations of a couple lines or less makes it extremely hard to get a decent line count/make money (!). That, in addition to no punctuation and apparently the speech rec engine has to start "learning" the dictators all over again.  It's just horrible.  Words of support or encouragement desperately needed. ...

VR-How Difficult Would It Be To Get An Account Where...sm
May 25, 2010

you just edited their VR program?  What software would you need/use and how would they send it to you, etc.  Moving out-of-state and thinking of ways to get new business.  Thanks in advance for any help! ...

Difficult Dictation
Jul 12, 2011

Can someone please advise how to handle one physician in practice who mumbles and rambles?  I believe someone has spoken to him before, but it has not gotten better.  I have many years of experience, but must leave many blanks in his dictation.  This is very frustrating and time consuming for me.  Thanks ...

Difficult To Understand...
Aug 02, 2011

Just sitting here laughing to myself as I listen to an ESL dictator that I've had report after report by, heavy accent, talking about how difficult it was for him to get an exam done with a patient who is "difficult to understand due to language barrier."  HA!!!!  Welcome to my world. ...

CMT Exam - How Difficult It Really Is
Sep 30, 2011

I've worked as an MT for 10+ years, but haven't taken the CMT exam. I'm wondering how difficult it really is. Do I need to study for a month straight or is it fairly easy? ...

Is Radiology Difficult?
Oct 20, 2011

I have done everything else in tier 2, but I have only done a few radiology reports a long time ago, can't remember.  What's radiology like? ...

Difficult Dictators
Oct 26, 2014

As above, I hope in the future this particular issue could be addressed.  This problem is already escalating (at least from where I am now).  This was made even worse by the advent of the SR system.  So, probably some form of counseling or even penalty (major or minor) can be imposed on the dictator if he/she fails to comply.  Coz the way I see it producing a good or even the best transcript is not just the MT's responsibility, but also the dictator's.  I hope these dictators do e ...

How Difficult Is Andrews?
May 03, 2015

I am an MT, I am 51, I haven't been in school for over 30 years.  I know there was a discussion below about being too old to start school.  But I wonder from the MTs who did this in their 50s, did you have trouble with the work?  I am not stupid, I don't feel that I am too old, but I am afraid that I won't be able to do it.  Just wondered if anyone else felt the same way.  Please no comments about if I don't think I can do it, I won't be abl ...

How Difficult Is An Online MT School?
Dec 23, 2009

I'm seriously considering enrolling at one of the "top two" MT online schools.  I'm good at English grammar, spelling, type over 100 wpm with 98% accuracy, a perfectionist, and am also very focused.  I do have a full-time job, but can easily devote evenings and time on the weekends to complete the course.  I'm up for a challenge, but after doing quite a bit of research, this sounds really difficult.  Feedback please! ...

Remember When The Difficult Dictators
Mar 02, 2010

were supposed to be paid more for doing?  MQ knows exactly what it is doing and knows very well that things need to be sent to QA.  This is nothing but a reason to drop our wages to Indian wages, they have no respect for us at all.  They are now putting these rules on us, THEY ARE, and then saying it is totally on the MTs shoulder for anything that goes wrong.  Is this legal?  ...

ESL Dictators - Difficult Enough To Understand
Nov 30, 2010

It is difficult enough to understand some of the foreign dictators but when they dictate with monitors beeping, nurses and doctors talking, in the middle of their lunch -brups/cruch/slurp and then they WHISPER ... UGH!!!  It sure makes for a long, long work day!  Just once I would love for a manager to send that message to the hospital to please ask the doctor to either speak up or move to a quieter place to dictate ... alas that never happens and we suffer through the report ... but at lea ...

Any MTs In California Who Have Found It Difficult To
May 09, 2011

find an MT job?  I'm currently with a horrible company (you guessed it, starts with M)...and would like to try elsewhere, but I am worried that another MTSO won't hire MTs in California anymore because of their strict employee laws (which are fair to the employee but I'm sure employers don't like)...... So, any CA MTs out there who found a job fairly easily recently?  Thanks in advance for any replies.  ...

Inscribe Good?  Difficult?
Sep 13, 2011

Anyone ever work for Inscribe?  Good?  Difficult?  Helpful?  Accommodating?  Pay on time?  etc.    ...

Need Help With Word But Context Is Difficult - Sm
Apr 30, 2012

Hope someone can help.  This doc is very meandering with his dictation, but so far he states that the patient has insomnia, sleeps with her mouth open, and has noisy GI sounds.  Then he dictates: She has a number of relatives that have had s/l gambla phlebitis.  Does anyone know what this is and how it's spelled.  Appreciate any help! ...

How Difficult Is It To Get Unemployment Out Of Nuance?
May 30, 2013

nm ...

Medical Coding Is So Difficult?
Mar 15, 2014

Where I work, I do prior auths for various tests and procedures that the physicians order. We are in EPIC and in the patient's chart, all the diagnoses have the codes listed right after them and any new diagnoses listed on the orders also include the code. So when I go to start the prior auth, the only codes I have to look up are the CPT codes for the test, which are referenced rather easily in the CPT coding book. Just the other day I had to get pre-determination for testing on a pat ...

Is A Three Day, 12-hour Shift Difficult To Do?
Apr 11, 2014

Unit Secretary Job Description:  Prior experience in a medical unit or medical office support position preferred. Minimum High School Diploma or G.E.D. required, graduate of a Medical Assistant or Secretarial Training Program preferred.  Written and spoken use of medical terminology required, successful completion of a medical terminology course preferred. Basic computer expertise in Microsoft Office.  Full time.  Shift will be 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., three days a week.  Days ...

How Do You Deal With A Difficult Boss?
Aug 08, 2014

I have come to the conclusion that the "Boss" is a bully.  I am an IC but I say boss because that is how he comes across.  He is difficult to deal with and uses bully-like tactics to get what he wants.  I cannot be alone in this situation.  I am looking for advice and helpful tips on how to deal with the situation short of quitting.  Thanks! ...

Credit For Difficult Dictators
Dec 03, 2014

I took the Enrich module, but didn't see anything about difficult dictators.  Did I miss something?  Sometimes I send a report to QA for blanks and they don't get them either.  Is that still held against us?  ...

Is Learning Microsoft Word 7 Difficult?
Oct 17, 2009

I have never used this for doing MT.  ...

Minutes Weighted For ESL And Difficult Doctors?
Feb 03, 2010

At my job we get paid extra to type ESL and hard dictators.  Does anyone still work for companies like these?  I am curious as I have not seen it mentioned lately. Thanks. ...

I JUST WANT TO MAKE SOME MONEY I JUST WANT TO PAY MY BILLS, WHY IS THAT SO DIFFICULT?????
Mar 19, 2010

over 26 years of experience, i have three jobs and guess what?  NO WORK, NO WORK, NO WORK!!!!!  How does one meet their financial needs when you cannot make a living off of 3 JOBS????????  I am working vr on one of them and just started so I am not making diddly there.  So I have two part-times to supplement, but still NO WORK!!  I JUST WANT TO TYPE!!!!!  I JUST WANT TO PAY MY BILLS!!!!  Thanks for letting me vent!!!!!! ...

Acute Care And Difficult Work
May 28, 2010

Sounds silly, but what exactly falls under the heading of acute care?  Also, what do you all consider the most difficult work type?  ...

Medscribe Test Extremely Difficult?
Nov 26, 2010

Is it just me or is the medscribe test extremely difficult? ...

I Am Wondering How Difficult It Is To Get A Car Loan If You Work As An IC. Sm
Mar 02, 2013

I have looked online a bit and the applications usually say something about submitting 2 pay stubs. Since I am an IC, I do not get a pay stub, and a couple of articles I have read said it is more difficult to get a loan when you are an independent contractor, particularly if your credit score is not outstanding. Has anyone had any experience with this and/or have any tips? TIA. ...