A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Headphones - What kind do you use & recommend? - liz

Posted: Mar 25, 2010

I was just wondering what kind of headphones you guys use and recommend?

Thanks!

Headphones - Crazy488

[ In Reply To ..]
I like the Skullcandy in-ear headphones from RadioShack. They cost about $17.99 and I think they work wonderfully!!

Spectra w/Stereo-Mono Switch and Volume Control - TranscriptionGear model sp-vc5

[ In Reply To ..]
$34.95 thru their website - TranscriptionGear.com

I just purchased my second one. The first, which came with the whole GearPlayer set up, piffed out after 5 years of daily 8+ hours use.

Sound is great, they are light in your ears without that plugged feeling, and I like controlling the volume on the set itself rather than changing the speaker volume (which is perfect at its one setting for everything else).

Headphones - What kind do you use & recommend? - eagles_fan

[ In Reply To ..]
Sony Dynamic Stereo Headphones MDR-V600. I like them because they completely cover my ears and they have soft padding on the ear pieces and the top piece that goes on top of my head.

Similar Messages:

What Kind Of Headphones Are Really Good
May 24, 2013

Just wondering what kind of headphones are really good.  I am using Dictaphone headphone and I love them but they are about to die on me.  I have tried others in the past and the sound quality isn't that great.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

Can Someone Recommend
Aug 10, 2010

A place to purchase the most recent book of style?  Thanks! ...

Would You Recommend...
Sep 30, 2012

For those of you that work full time in an employee position with benefits, would you recommend your current company? I am looking for some positive feedback on which companies to target for an employee MT position. Thanks in advance. ...

Hum In Headphones
Mar 08, 2012

I run my headphones through my speakers because I can get a lot more volume; however, I recently moved and now I seem to be getting a hum noise.  Everything is hooked up the same so not sure what the deal is.  Any ideas?  Thanks! ...

Are Headphones With USB Better?
Apr 17, 2012

Really looking for crisper sound but also need volume (now using a sound booster) .  One of my accounts is ridiculously low volume, and I can barely hear with the booster and volume maxed. Do you feel USB headphones have better quality sound?  If so, can you get the volume as high as if using a booster? ...

Need To Buy A New Set Of Headphones
Aug 28, 2013

I need to buy a new set of headphones and I was just wondering what are some of the good ones out there?  I bought a really nice set, but they don't fit into the comuter.  Thanks for any help you can offer! ...

Here's A Different Kind Of Job
Nov 17, 2012

write test questions http://www.geiswriters.com/ ...

Be Kind To Your TSM Day.
Dec 04, 2014

Seriously - they are being dragged through this with us. They need their jobs just like we do. I am sure they don't like it and their kool-laid pitchers are empty but they have to play the game. Let's just don't shoot the messenger - they are just trying to survive just like us. They don't like it anymore than we do but can't say it. :) ...

Why I Would NOT Recommend ATSI
Feb 19, 2010

Hello all! I am new to this forum and would just like to share my thoughts with you as I have read through some of your postings about different MT companies out there, like "Should I work here?" So, as nicely as I can say it, in a matter of my opinion:  My Top Ten Reasons why I would NOT recommend ATSI: 1. The pay. Straight CPL no matter if it's days, nights, weekends, holidays. 2. No raises, incentives, or bonuses. 3. NOT employee status...EVER...even after 90 days, you will ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Reasonably Priced
Jul 31, 2010

headset for VR?   Thanks!  ...

Recommend MT School
Sep 28, 2010

Hi, I am interested in taking a MT online course and would like some recommendations on some online schools.  I don't want to make the wrong decision and waste my money. Can anyone please  telll about a few schools so I can make my decision? Thanks ...

Can Anyone Recommend An Expander?
Dec 19, 2010

make entries on the fly?  I have been using an old copy of Shortcut for years but creating new entries is tedious:  I type, copy, open program, create shortcut, paste, close program, return to work.  Does Smart Type or Instant Text eliminate any of these steps?  Thanks!      ...

What FTP Program Would You Recommend
Feb 14, 2011

I am almost finished my online course and have started looking at Job Postings.  I noticed one company requesting an FTP Program for file transfers.  I have been training with Express Scribe, which they specifically said they do NOT use.  Can anyone recommend a good, easy to use FTP Program?   ...

Can Anyone Recommend A FTP Site
Jun 07, 2011

that is free and secure?  I am trying to go digital with the doc office I work for so any information would be greatly appreciated! ...

Would Anybody Recommend M*Modal
Nov 14, 2012

Would anybody recommend working for M*Modal?  Right now I work for a hospital/clinic and so many of the doctors have gone to front end speech and doing their own reports, and my job has basically turned into an editor.  I love typing and was just wondering what M*Modal was like and what the benefits are like.  Do you have to take the standard test, etc.  Do they pay well?  My main interest is insurance benefits for myself and my husband.  He goes on Medicare in 3 ye ...

Which Expander Do You Recommend?
Jun 13, 2013

I am looking at different word expanders to replace my autocorrect and find the choices almost overwhelming. I will be starting over (ugh). What do you use and why? I am looking for the easiest to use with the least amount of keystrokes to do commands. Any input would be greatly appreciated! ...

Can Anyone Recommend Some Colleges . . .
Jul 25, 2013

Even better if they accept some college classes in transfer (I know that depends on the transferring college) and work experience?  Are there any online schools that are approved by AHIMA? ...

Recommend Running
Aug 21, 2013

Ever since last week when problems opening this site, my system has been superslow.  I ran SpyBot and had 2 malicious bots BYPASSING my firewall. FYI.   ...

Recommend A Headset, Please
Sep 20, 2013

I'm looking to purchase a new headset for transcription.  I had a Philips SHM-7500 and it lasted for 6 years. It's no longer being sold other than on E-bay from Korea ;) I have heard good things about both the Logitech h540 and the Spectra USB Transcription Headset, two totally different styles. Any input/recommendations for these or any others? I use it on the computer, not for cassette tapes. The Philips had the open ear cushions while the Logitech has flat padding. ...

Most Comfortable Headphones
Oct 15, 2009

Which headphones do you like the best in terms of comfort and quality? Some of the ones that fit inside the ears, the earbuds, make my ears sore. My boss suggested the noise-canceling kind that fit over the ears, but they are very expensive and they also look like they were be very heavy to wear. Any recommendations would be great, thank you. ...

Comfortable Headphones
Oct 18, 2009

I've always used just cheap stereo headphones but I want to try some of the ones that are made specifically for transcription. The problem is the kind that fit inside my ears can hurt, the ones that are more rounded buds and have foam on them. What headphones do you recommend that are comfortable inside the ear? I tried some recently from a fellow MT and I think they were made by Lanier but I can't remember, but they seemed comfortable. Is Lanier the best also for sound quality? I loo ...

Good Headphones?
Dec 03, 2009

Hi...My headphones bit the dust.  I like over-the-ear headphones.  It is hard to find a store that has a setup so you can listen to the sound quality.  What brands/models do you all like for better voice discrimination?  Thanks in advance. ...

Headphones. Can Anyone Suggest A
Dec 31, 2009

to buy, perhaps from Radio Shack or online?  The headset that came with my Bayscribe pedal is just a standard transcription headset.  Since many of the dictators think that whispering or talking with their mouths away from the microphone is acceptable, I need to upgrade.  Any help would be appreciated. ...

Interference With Headphones
Oct 23, 2010

Does anyone use a laptop with a wireless router and does it cause any interference on your headphones?  Sometimes my cellphone will cause a clicking/crackling sound in my headphones when it rings, so I'm wondering if a router will do the same thing.  Thanks! ...

Best Headphones/headset?
Oct 23, 2010

Hi, I'm taking classes right now to be an MT, and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a really good brand of headphones or headsets?  Particularly, are there any out there that can boost sound quality? Thanks! ...

Decent Headphones
Jan 07, 2011

I just graduated and am starting the job search process. The headphones I used during school are pretty trashed. I want to get a decent pair that aren't super expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions/pair they really like? ...

Wireless Headphones
Sep 04, 2011

Does anyone have or know of where to get wireless headphones.  My cat has chewed through the wires of 3 sets of headphones (at $18 each its getting expensive).  After the first 2 sets I have been putting them in a drawer when not in use, but the cord sticks out of the drawer attached to the computer and she found her way around the box while I was watching TV and now my third set is gone.  Within seconds she chews right through the cord.  So, since there are wireless keyboard ...

Your Opinion - Best Headphones
Oct 11, 2011

Just wondering what kind of headphones are your favorites and why? I need a new pair but wanted some ideas of what everyone is using. ...

Where Is The Best Place To Get Headphones. I Like
Mar 08, 2012

the type like a stethoscope that go right into the ear that are plastic.  I dont like the aluminum ones.  Mine are just falling apart it seems.  I also have a dictator that hardly talks into the phone and I cant get the volume up any higher than their system so that is also a problem.  ...

Headphones Vs Earphones
Sep 24, 2012

I am having trouble with some cheap head phones or ear phones.  They sound muffled, but I have tried just about everything. I even had some Sonys and they were not that great.  Any suggestions on what ear phones are good to use transcribing? ...