A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Why I would NOT recommend ATSI - Sassy Pants

Posted: Feb 19, 2010

Hello all! I am new to this forum and would just like to share my thoughts with you as I have read through some of your postings about different MT companies out there, like "Should I work here?" So, as nicely as I can say it, in a matter of my opinion: 

My Top Ten Reasons why I would NOT recommend ATSI:

1. The pay. Straight CPL no matter if it's days, nights, weekends, holidays.

2. No raises, incentives, or bonuses.

3. NOT employee status...EVER...even after 90 days, you will always be IC status!

4. No benefits, insurance, PTO, sick pay, holiday pay, NADA!

5. Supervisors change every 3 months, no one stays there for long.

6. No Christmas bonus, no employee appreciation, no referral $, NADA!

7. If you don't work, you don't get paid. Weekends are required!

8. If you have a question, they are too busy to answer you, so then you spend 15 minutes searching for it on Google and your productivity goes down, or you send it through with blanks and get a bad QA audit. It's either fast and sloppy to make Productivity or slow and good to make Quality, which one do you want?

9. They change the account specs once a month, you learn the "right" way to do it, then they change it back again.

10. Other MTs find out you work there and they avoid you like the plague! Not to mention other potential employers when job hunting.

And my personal experience: The initial supervisor who hired me (she is long gone, thank God) was so mean to me that I cried everyday for the first month I worked there

AND I also had to get a seasonal/temp job just to pay the bills when I first started with them because my first paycheck was less than $100 for 2 weeks of work. I even filed a complaint with the DOL (because being paid piece rate, you are supposed to at least be paid minimum wage if your piece rate wage is less than that) AND I was not even making minimum wage (DOL said I had no case b/c I was an IC.)

I just quit there after 1.5 years to go to a better position. But, as much as I hated being with ATSI, I still left on good, friendly, professional terms b/c I am better than that!

Just a little information for anyone who is interested. Thank you!

kinda sounds like the Q... or any other MTSO for that matter. - just sayin.. NM

[ In Reply To ..]

Good gravy - could the font get any smaller?? - old eyes

[ In Reply To ..]

DUH - Sassy Pants

[ In Reply To ..]
MY BAD! SORRY!

You said it! - Was there 3 days!

[ In Reply To ..]
I tried ATSI and in 48 hours still had no work and account specs that were 10 pages long. I ran out of ink printing out all of their instructions, regulations, account specifics, and on and on. I was IC and still told that no matter if we were employee or IC we had to stay with the work schedule we reported we would do with no variation. They had better check out the laws regarding ICs because they cannot tell ICs when to work, only when the work has to be completed. I did not mind giving them a general idea of when I would work during the day but they wanted a shift time with no changes whatsover. The IT person took all morning to load their dumb program into my computer and their platform, which is their homemade version was so confusing and time consuming for demographics that you would spend more time checking and rechecking, clicking and moving, pasting and copying than you would typing. Between emails and IM you could have never got anything done. I finally emailed the head of operations who hired me and told her politely that I just could not learn all of this new stuff at this time and quit. I would have been a nervous wreck. Thank God I did not quit my other job before I got an idea of what this place was like. I went back to my other job and felt like I was in heaven! Goes to show, the grass ain't always greener!

I agree with you! - Sassy Pants

[ In Reply To ..]
After I emailed my resignation letter, she said basically "Sorry to see you go, would you mind telling me why so that we can make changes in the future?" WHAT DO I SAY?

To Sassy Pants - Was there 3 days

[ In Reply To ..]
I did not get any reply to my email of resignation. I suppose it was because I never got a chance to even type one report for them. If they would have asked me that question, I am afraid my list would have been very long. Below are a few of the suggestions I would give them.

1. Stop the conflicting stories, i.e. told on email the account was very high in ESL; told by phone that there were only 3.

2. Get a user-friendly platform and forget your homemade version.

3. Have someone set up the MT who does not take phone calls while they have control of your computer and you just sit and sit and watch and wait for over 3 hours.

4. Do not tell MTs there is a lot of work on an account, and it turns out to be an over flow account with work coming in after the hours they have you scheduled to work (when the in-house MTs go home for the day).

5. Cut out IM and use just email. Both is overwhelming and IM is just too interuptive and distracting.

6. Get rid of the "warning messages" that come in every minute when reports are downloaded but not yet typed. For example,"this is your first warning, this is your second warning, this is your third warning." Good grief!

7. Your pre-employment testing is way too long! It took me a total of 3 hours and that was less time that each section told me it would take to complete.

I guess I could go on but that gets the point across. I could never recommend this company to anyone.
I hate to see these messages as I took a job with ATSI, sm - 3 weeks ago
[ In Reply To ..]
I have not had these same issues. I have no problem with the system, it seems pretty user friendly. Yes, the e-mails warning you of a job being sent back to the pool if not completed by a certain time are very annoying and my first few days with them, there were plenty of them as I was just getting used to physicians and trying to learn them, but sent a few IMs and they made sure those jobs I was working on did not return to the pool (to be typed by another transcriptionist). I think the first few days I worked, I actually typed some jobs that ended up going back to the pool and I didn't even realize it. This sucked big time. In any event, the real issue that I am having right now is that there is no work. I am scheduled for 7 hours, yet I find most of that time being spent waiting on jobs to type. I am hoping this is not going to be the case in the future. I am hoping to make employeed status myself and have to question whether this will be possible since you have to type so many lines in a pay period to be able to do this. If there are no jobs to type, there are no lines to type, then there is no reason to think one would be able to get the employee status. I am really not happy with these posts. I am quite happy with the people that I am working with. I had no problems with the tech guy getting on my computer. It was pretty quick and I did not find him taking up too much of my time at all. I do find the people that I have had to ask questions to very helpful. My account specs have not changes and they seem to be pretty simple although there are several pages to these, some of these pages are samples of reports, not account specs, so there has not been a problem in that regard for me at all. The system is different, but extremely user friendly. After all, it is a word based program and you are just typing in word. Looking up patients on the schedule has not been an issue either. Just click the button, do a search and select the correct DOV, if not on schedule, put in notation and mark for the client. I am very concerned now though after reading these posts. I am glad they were here though. I have a few questions out to my super as to what to expect in the future. I just hope that I am not disappointed by the reponse or what actually transpires in the weeks to come.

Similar Messages:

ATSI Changes
May 03, 2010

What is up here? My account manager sent out an update via e-mail at 8:30 a.m. then a little while later there is an e-mail forwarded from the president of the company that she is no longer with ATSI and another person is now the manager over ALL the accounts. After switching to speech recognition about a month ago their biggest account has been out of TAT almost daily and is in jeopardy of being lost to another service. I'm glad I gave my notice. ...

ATSI And TTS (NH)
Apr 19, 2011

I have offers from both TTS and ATSI.  One is IC for 90 days then option for employee, the other is employee from first day.  Pay and work and hours are all the same.  I can't find much recent on ATSI, and see some comments about TTS overhiring and work being scarce.   Any input?  I am trying to decide by Friday.  Thanks! ...

ATSI Experience?
Apr 15, 2010

I've searched through the archives and can't find much info posted about this company. Does anyone have any experiences, either positive or negative, to share?  Do they provide equipment?  What platform do they use for radiology?  I've already tested with them and they want to set up an interview, so I'm trying to make sure I cover all my bases before I leave a company I've been with for nearly 10 years. TIA! ...

Stay Away From ATSI
Jun 10, 2010

They can't even figure out when someone has left their employ. I get an email saying why aren't you working this is an ongoing problem with you we are going to disable your ID Well go ahead because I gave my 2 weeks notice 6 weeks ago!! ...

Any Scoop On ATSI???
Jul 11, 2010

Hey all, Has anyone worked for ATSI out of Clearwater, Florida?  Just wonder how they found the company to work with.  I'd love to hear some feed back.  Thanks! Crazy Mom of 6 ...

How ATSI Is To Work For?
May 22, 2011

Is there anyone who is working here now that can tell me how ATSI is to work for? I have an interview tomorrow and would like to know the good and bad ahead of time since the recruiters are not always truthful no matter how nice they are lol. Would appreciate anything you can tell me. Thanks ...

DO NOT WORK FOR ATSI
Jul 09, 2011

DO NOT WORK FOR ATSI.....CURRENTLY WORKED FOR THEM OVER A MONTH AND RECEIVED NO PAY CHECK- COMPANY SAYS JUST ERROR BUT STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED A DIME.....THEN MY ACCOUNT WAS PULLED AND OFFERED ME A DIFFERENT ACCOUNT OR LEAVE THE COMPANY.............HELLLLLLO.....STILL HAVE NOT BEEN PAID AND AS FAR AS I KNOW NO ONE HAS IN WEEKS.    THIS THREAD IS LOCKED:  SEE MESSAGE FROM MODERATOR CONCERNING WAGE DISPUTES! ...

ATSI - DO NOT WORK FOR THEM
Aug 25, 2011

ATSI is a bad company to work for.  When hiring on they tell you 0.08 cpl then after about 2 weeks they switch you to a company called Oracle that you sign a contract with stating 0.075 cpl.  When I got my second paycheck I noticed money was missing.  When questioned about it they said that they pay per report 1.50 at the most.  NO ONE EVER mentioned this to me at all.  When I started throwing a fit about it as I signed a contract for 0.075 cpl they came up with some lam ...

Give Me Some Feedback On ATSI
May 20, 2010

Can anybody give me some feedback on ATSI-- good or bad.  Thanks. ...

Does ATSI Offshore To India? Sm
May 27, 2010

I have an interview with them.  I did some archiving to see if there's any info on this board about them.  Wondered if they offshored to India.  Their website doesn't say anything about it.  Their ad says US MTs only. Thanks! ...

Any Recent Info On ATSI?
Jun 22, 2011

Any recent info on ATSI?  Is there plenty of work available?  Pay scale?  ...

ATSI Nonpayment Of Wages
Aug 13, 2011

This is just a warning message to hopefully prevent other MTs from going through my experience.  ATSI still owes me three paychecks, which were repeatedly promised to be paid day after day, week after week, then we were informed they legally had to pay by August the 8th.  Most of us have still not been paid.  I just learned that David Shepherd and his wife, Terry, also control M T World.  I am now employed elsewhere, but it will take months to undo the damage this company did ...

ATSI MT World Program. I Just Have To Vent Because
Mar 15, 2010

I would really like to know who comes up with these stupid programs that are supposed to benefit the transcriptionist.  This MT World program (you work in word) is just stupid in my opinion.  You have a box that comes up, then you have to check the schedule and select the date of visit, then you have to push a button to okay all this stuff, then you get into your report and you still yet have to hit another key to update the page so that it brings the demongraphics onto the page, then ...

ATSI - Transition From IC To Employee Confusion
May 06, 2010

A recruiter recently emailed me and stated in her email "After the minimumlines per day is satisfied for 3 consecutive periods as well as the 90 days you will be offered employee status and benefits".  What does that mean?  What does a consecutive period consist of - pay periods?  Annual quarters?  (and please don't tell me to "ask the recruiter" - I have to go through extensive testing before she'll communicate with me again and I want to know if its worth it). I ...

Does Anyone Have Any Current Experience With ATSI? Archives
Nov 25, 2010

TIA! ...

Any Current Info On ATSI - Good, Bad Or Ugly?
Nov 13, 2009

Would be appreciated.  Thanks.   I've searched the archinves and nothing much available. ...

ATSI Listed On New NonPayment MTSO List -- SM
Aug 11, 2011

Unfortunately, after working with ATSI's CEO (David Shepherd), this MTSO still has not paid outstanding wages and/or contract debts to MTs and other MT-related staff. Please note the new MTSO NonPayment List posted at the top of the Company board.  Posts discussing wage disputes with any MTSO that is currently on this list will not be removed.  If/when the wage debt(s) are satisified, the wage dispute guidelines for MTStars will be reinforced. If you have any questions about p ...

ATSI Listed On New MTSO NonPayment List -- SM
Aug 11, 2011

Unfortunately, after working with ATSI's CEO (David Shepherd), this MTSO still has not paid outstanding wages and/or contract debts to MTs and other MT-related staff. Please note the new MTSO NonPayment List posted at the top of the Company board.  Posts discussing wage disputes with any MTSO that is currently on this list will not be removed.  If/when the wage debt(s) are satisified, the wage dispute guidelines for MTStars will be reinforced. If you have any questions about p ...

Looking For Current Information On ATSI (American Transcription Solutions) .. SM
Dec 27, 2010

After searching the archives all of the information there is old and I would really appreciate some up-to-date information.   TIA ...

Can Someone Recommend
Aug 10, 2010

A place to purchase the most recent book of style?  Thanks! ...

Would You Recommend...
Sep 30, 2012

For those of you that work full time in an employee position with benefits, would you recommend your current company? I am looking for some positive feedback on which companies to target for an employee MT position. Thanks in advance. ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Reasonably Priced
Jul 31, 2010

headset for VR?   Thanks!  ...

Recommend MT School
Sep 28, 2010

Hi, I am interested in taking a MT online course and would like some recommendations on some online schools.  I don't want to make the wrong decision and waste my money. Can anyone please  telll about a few schools so I can make my decision? Thanks ...

Can Anyone Recommend An Expander?
Dec 19, 2010

make entries on the fly?  I have been using an old copy of Shortcut for years but creating new entries is tedious:  I type, copy, open program, create shortcut, paste, close program, return to work.  Does Smart Type or Instant Text eliminate any of these steps?  Thanks!      ...

What FTP Program Would You Recommend
Feb 14, 2011

I am almost finished my online course and have started looking at Job Postings.  I noticed one company requesting an FTP Program for file transfers.  I have been training with Express Scribe, which they specifically said they do NOT use.  Can anyone recommend a good, easy to use FTP Program?   ...

Can Anyone Recommend A FTP Site
Jun 07, 2011

that is free and secure?  I am trying to go digital with the doc office I work for so any information would be greatly appreciated! ...

Would Anybody Recommend M*Modal
Nov 14, 2012

Would anybody recommend working for M*Modal?  Right now I work for a hospital/clinic and so many of the doctors have gone to front end speech and doing their own reports, and my job has basically turned into an editor.  I love typing and was just wondering what M*Modal was like and what the benefits are like.  Do you have to take the standard test, etc.  Do they pay well?  My main interest is insurance benefits for myself and my husband.  He goes on Medicare in 3 ye ...

Which Expander Do You Recommend?
Jun 13, 2013

I am looking at different word expanders to replace my autocorrect and find the choices almost overwhelming. I will be starting over (ugh). What do you use and why? I am looking for the easiest to use with the least amount of keystrokes to do commands. Any input would be greatly appreciated! ...

Can Anyone Recommend Some Colleges . . .
Jul 25, 2013

Even better if they accept some college classes in transfer (I know that depends on the transferring college) and work experience?  Are there any online schools that are approved by AHIMA? ...

Recommend Running
Aug 21, 2013

Ever since last week when problems opening this site, my system has been superslow.  I ran SpyBot and had 2 malicious bots BYPASSING my firewall. FYI.   ...