A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone recommend a good headset? - Exhausted MTer

Posted: Nov 04, 2009

I have 2 headsets and in both the right side has gone out, which is aggravating.  Would greatly appreciate any recommendations on headsets!!

TIAWink

I use one I bought at Staples for 12.99, works fine and has lasted - 2+ years. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

headsets - susie

[ In Reply To ..]
I took the plunge and bought the Bose noise cancelling over the ear headphones. i theyth
They are great, but they are expensive as well.

Anyone recommend a good headset? - Exhausted MTer - MTME

[ In Reply To ..]
I buy ear buds for $3.97 from Wal-Mart. I bought the noise cancelling headphones and used them for years, but they started to hurt the top of my head and felt too weighty...I took the plunge, and for $3.97 I can buy several and replace them whenever i need to...they work best when plugged directly into the computer rather than desktop speakers, but they work okay both ways.

headphones - Cathy

[ In Reply To ..]
I love my Shure headphones. They were about $100, but they come with a 2-year warranty and Shure quickly replaces them if needed. I sent mine back once because the sound was cutting out on the right side and got a brand new set within a week for no cost.

headsets - try these

[ In Reply To ..]
Got mine at Radioshack - A Radioshack brand, over the ears, cushioned ear pads. But as I have no one here with me all day to hear anything. I basically use none at all.

Thanks to all who posted! - Exhausted MTer

[ In Reply To ..]

Laughing

Similar Messages:

Recommend A Headset, Please
Sep 20, 2013

I'm looking to purchase a new headset for transcription.  I had a Philips SHM-7500 and it lasted for 6 years. It's no longer being sold other than on E-bay from Korea ;) I have heard good things about both the Logitech h540 and the Spectra USB Transcription Headset, two totally different styles. Any input/recommendations for these or any others? I use it on the computer, not for cassette tapes. The Philips had the open ear cushions while the Logitech has flat padding. ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Workstation With A Good Pullout Keyboard Tray
Dec 04, 2014

that is wide enough for a wrist rest.  This needs to be in my bedroom so cant be too huge.  I like the tower off the floor also.  Thanks.  ...

Good Headset?
Oct 03, 2011

I was just wondering if anyone could give me their advice on what they think is a really good headset? Where is the best place to get a headset? ...

Anyone Know Of A Good Wireless Headset?
Dec 07, 2009

Anyone know of a good wireless headset?  I am so tired of this stupid cord!!!  Thanks! ...

Good Headset From TranscriptionGear?
Apr 18, 2013

Anyone purchase a good headset from TranscriptionGear? ...

Good But Inexpensive Headset To Use?
May 04, 2013

Would love some input on a good but inexpensive headset to use. Not comfortable with regular earphones (like for iphone) or "airplane headset" (so flimsy). Thanks in advance! ...

When It's Good To Have Long Headset Cord
Sep 11, 2010

In between shifts/on breaks, go to youtube and put on some old jam and work out the kinks from sitting and typing.    I like "Help is on the Way" by the Whatnauts, old-school funk from 1981. Put on your favorite song and have at it.  ...

Can Someone Please Recommend A Good Company
Mar 02, 2012

Anybody Recommend A Good Set Of Headphone
Jun 16, 2014

Can anybody recommend a good set of headphones, over the ear style?  I do have a slight hearing impairment and really need a good set.  Thank you in advance for the suggestions.   ...

Recommend A Good Company
Sep 17, 2014

Can someone recommend a good company to work for? Possibly someone that has benefits but not required.   Thanks! ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Website To Look Up Medications?
Jan 17, 2010

nm ...

Can Anyone Recommend Good Cordless Headphone?
Jun 01, 2010

I often transcribe while nursing and my baby keeps breaking my headphones by tugging on the cord very hard.  I'm thinking cordless headphones are the way to go so he has nothing to grab on to.  Can any of you recommend a good brand of cordless headphones?  Thanks! ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Accounting Software
Jun 18, 2013

We are going to start a small business (nothing to do with MT) and eventually have employees. I am completely fuddle-headed with math functions, even simple addition and subtraction. I was thinking about a small bookkeeping class at a local tech school, or possibly an on-line course. I hate to put a lot of money into a class for any type of degree or certificate, with a lot of things to learn that I don't really need or want. I would like to find a simple (... For Dummies) accounti ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Coding Program For An
Apr 26, 2015

xx ...

Recommend A Good Word Expander Program?
Jun 01, 2010

Can anyone recommend a good word expander program?  Preferably free or inexpensive?  Thanks! ...

Recommend A Good Digital Voice Recorders?
Aug 25, 2010

Can anyone recommend a good digital voice recorder for the office I work in?  We are still using tapes and it drives me crazy.  They are looking into switching to a digital recorder and I need suggestions for a good one.   Thanks in advance, Michelle ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Medical Spellcheck System?
Oct 01, 2010

Considering going the IC route and need a recommendation for a very good medical spellcheck.  Thanks in advance! ...

Could Anyone Recommend Good Medical Coding Websites?
Jan 31, 2012

Hello, I am becoming disenchanted with the medical transcription profession and how it has become less lucrative (although some may disagree). I wanted to look into medical coding as an alternative at-home (remote) or in-office job.  I was hoping someone could recommend a few good websites that discuss the profession, how to prepare for it, how long training typically takes before you can "launch yourself", how lucrative it could be if you really apply yourself, and so on. I've hear ...

Can Anybody Please Recommend A Good, Reliable, Inexpensive EFax Service? TIA.
Sep 10, 2010

nm ...

Got My New Headset
Aug 23, 2011

I am sorry to say that my old ones work better for me.  I think they would be ok, but I get a lot of (what I think is) cellphone audio, and they just don't work as well for that.  I have tried switching back and forth while working to test them, and then I always end up using my old ones.   I like the way they feel though.  It was worth a try. ...

Need To Buy A Headset
Oct 23, 2012

I am coming back home to work again and now need to buy a headset.  Any recommendations out there?  I don't want to spend a fortune on one.  Thank you! ...

New Headset But Never Had To Do This Before
Jan 23, 2013

Just got a new stereo headset and it is telling me to go thru several settings to configure the set with the computer. I am terribly non-computer savy and I would hate to mess something up doing this. How easy is this to do and could I cause the computer to go kplunk? Thanks. ...

Headset
Mar 12, 2015

Could someone suggest a headset for me? I have been using the Glimmer headset for years and it is just about shot, not getting stereo sound much anymore. Therefore, I am searching for a new set, one that has clear sound. Any help you could give me would be appreciated. ...

Wireless Headset
Sep 11, 2010

Anyone use wireless headset, if so what type? Thanks! ...

Transcription Headset
Sep 24, 2010

I did a search and couldn't really find what I was looking for. I need to buy a new headset. Does anyone use or know of a headset that really brings up the "volume." I got one from Transcription Gear a few years ago but it really didn't do what I thought it would. At the moment I have my set and computer up as far as they will go and it will be easier if I could somehow get it louder. Thanks for your help. ...

Dictaphone Headset
Sep 24, 2010

Hi, I just started using a dictaphone again.  I can't hear through the headset, though.  Everything is connected correctly.  What am I doing wrong? ...

Best Headphones/headset?
Oct 23, 2010

Hi, I'm taking classes right now to be an MT, and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a really good brand of headphones or headsets?  Particularly, are there any out there that can boost sound quality? Thanks! ...

Another Headset Question
Mar 11, 2011

Does anyone have a suggestion for a headset with volume control that actually works?  I like the in-ear kind, as the ear-muff ones are too hot in summer.  Also need a cord long enough to go from my head to computer that's under my desk. ...

Headset Recommendations?-sm
Apr 12, 2011

I need a new headset for my PC.  I want want with really good sound -- but want don't want to spend lotsa $$  -- anyone got any suggestions for a good sound quality headset that is affordable..  thx.... ...

My Headsets Are Getting Old And I Need Another Headset
Apr 30, 2011

My headsets are getting old and I need another headset.  I like the kind that are like a stethoscope that fits into the ears.  I know I dont  like the aluminum one because the sound is muffly.  Any suggestions for a headset that fits into the ears that doesnt break all the time and has very good sound. ...