A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Comments on working for Adept Word Management? - Sarah1114

Posted: Nov 04, 2012

Hi all, considering an IC position with Adept. I've done some non-medical transcription before: seminars, interviews, etc., so it's not totally foreign to me. A search here for the company only brings up old reviews. Any info? Thanks!!

Adept - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I applied a while back and received an email the other day stating they had filled all their positions. I had a little experience with one place and it was very bad. It was phone conversations was very hard to understand and I left a lot of blanks. There are lots of areas of that type of thing to get into and that was not good for me.

Stay away from Adept Word Management - guru

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked there about a year and only stayed on because I needed the experience. I and the few coworkers I've chatted with while there found the boss to be extremely rude and abusive. One coworker even cried her first day.

There are many reasons, which I won't list here other than to say I despise the way she treated us and my coworkers because, having been in this field a while and as you know, MTs are usually very kind, eager, hard-working people. One pro is that the supervisors whom you work directly under are generally much nicer than the boss, but rest assured you will confront her sooner or later, and repeatedly.

One last anecdote is that as I was leaving (I quit after I had gained experience and was hired at another company) one coworker, who was new to Adept and excited to be working there, was confused about why I was leaving. I told her some vague answer like it was time to move on, not wanting to totally ruin her experience there and express the real reasons. Some months later I get a message from her asking if the place I was at was hiring because she was fed up with Adept.

I realize this reply is dated and you've already made your decision by now. I write this not so much for you but for any prospective IC considering working there, to spare you a miserable experience. Rest assured, this company is a fluke; I'm totally happy at my new company and have been treated with a warm and respectful attitude. Keep looking, you'll find a good place. This isn't it.

Similar Messages:

Adept Word Managment, Inc
Apr 06, 2010

I work for a group of surgeons at a medical school and one of my doctors received an advertisement from this company.  I had never heard of them before and when I did a search the posts were from 2006-08.  I checked out their website and it almost sounds too good to be true as far as flexibility, etc.  I have no idea what they pay, but thought I would mention it as it may be a good company for someone out there. I am happy with transcription company I work for part-time ...

Any Comments Working For Precyse?
Jun 07, 2014

There is an ad for PT transcription.  I have reviewed past posts but wondering if currently anyone has any advice for working for this company?  Good pay, dictators, etc?  Thanks. ...

Is There Anyone Nice Working For Transcend In Management Or The Administrative Area?
Mar 25, 2010

You can call every number in the directory and never get anyone who answers a phone.  E-mails are not answered or are answered by a short curt, almost very nasty reply.   Is Transcend ashamed of what they are doing to their employees? They should be if they aren't.  Management has definitely turned the page and have become as rude as possible toward everyone.  No wonder all my teammates have taken second jobs and are just waiting to learn the accounts for ...

Orthopaedic/pain Management Exam Word
Jun 30, 2011

He has positive s/l marie fwa reflexes and there are a few beats of clonus.... He says it so fast - the "marie" also sounds like "murray" and the "fwa" is like the foie in foie gras.   Any help?  Thanks! ...

Adept Not A Nice Image!
Jun 04, 2012

Well, I just had a very offputting (to say the least) conversation with a person at Adept Transcription. I tend to be a very reasonable, pleasant person and am upset at the way I was treated. This woman was downright nasty! She didn't like that I called the company. Now, she could have just told me that communication via e-mail was preferred. I would have apologized for the inconvenience and hung up. Rather, she told me I was not employable and hung up on me. Wow! What h ...

I Have A Question About Working In Word Sm
Sep 25, 2012

I recently took a job working in word.  I am very frustrated as I can only do 150 lines an hour when I am used to doing 200 to 225 an hour straight typing.  Am I getting cheated or is this the norm for working in word?  It is Mediscribe 6.0.  Help please! ...

Word Client Working??
Jan 05, 2015

mine says account till busy.  Try again later or contact E-mail administrator.  If everyone else is able to get on, could you tell me who our E-mail administrator is?  Our TSM? ...

While Working In A MS Word-based System,
Oct 13, 2009

I keep getting an hourglass flashing every several seconds and it's driving me insane.  Sometimes I even have to type a word over again.  Any idea what this is???? ...

Changing Font In Word While Working
Jul 08, 2013

I don't know if anyone has struggled with this and can help me.  My eyes are getting worse and worse and I need to increase my font for work.  When I work in Word I know I can change the font through the tools but I have to change it manually every time I start a new document.  Is there a way to make it a default size so I don't have to do it to each document?  It is time consuming and (at least for me) sliding the bar to increase is a hassle with multiple files a d ...

In Word 2003, My Ctrl+Home Quit Working. Can Anyone Help Me With Getting It
Jul 12, 2011

xx ...

I Am Still Working With Word 2003. How Do I Do An Upgrade To 2007 Or 2010?
Mar 02, 2015

nm ...

TTS - Any Comments?
Jan 10, 2013

Anyone have any experience with TTS good or bad?  Thanks!  To elaborate - I am possibly moving from a hospital situation to working for them. ...

No Work Comments.
Oct 20, 2009

There are lots of posts from yesterday about "no work."  Anyone care to elaborate on which companies you are experiencing this.  I am trying to make a change and don't want to go through the same experience again.  Thanks so much. ...

Any Comments On WebMedx?
Oct 22, 2009

I am looking to make a change from MedQuist.  Does anyone know how WebMedx compares? ...

All The Over The Top Comments Regarding Webmedx
Sep 02, 2010

1. It sucks to lose a job, period.  At least 10 million people have gone thru the process in the recent past and none of them liked it. 2. No matter how it was delivered, you would still be upset. I gty you a phone call would have gone this way...."Hello, I am XX from HR and I need to inform you blah blah blah..."  Read from a script with no substantive answers due to today's legal environment and discrimination laws.  Having had the news delivered to me this way in the ...

Any Comments RE Transcend?
Apr 04, 2011

Job searching once again. Got lots of experience, strong on op reports/procedures. I've had my fill of days with no work available. ...

Keystrokes - Comments?
May 18, 2011

I've been looking at the comments on Keystrokes.  Have recently received a job offer and wondering if there are any new developments since the last post I can find (March).  Is anyone working there currently?  If so, how is job volume/flow?  How many lines are you able to get in straight transcription on the DocQScribe platform?  Info is appreciated! ...

Here It Is, MTSO's: If You Don't Like The Bad Comments,
Jul 19, 2011

nm ...

QA Comments In FIESA
Sep 30, 2012

So sick of the comments left in the FIESA - I do NOT leave random blanks and always take the time to try and research it in the data base by either looking up patient or physician depending on what I am looking for and then when I cannot find it I leave a blank and then at end of day to see their remark that it WAS EASILY found is truly an insult and a smack in the face.  I DID try and find it and maybe they are more experienced then I am or they may have heard of this physician and how is ...

Landmark: Any Comments? Thanks.
Oct 25, 2012

. ...

Another Physician's Comments On Using The EMR
Nov 23, 2012

Below is a link to a NY Times editorial.  "The advent of electronic medical records has been a boon to patient safety and physician efficiency in many ways. But it has also brought with it a slew of “timesaving” tricks that have had some unintended consequences. These tricks make it so easy for doctors to document the results of standard exams and conversations with patients that it appears more and more of them are being documented without ever having happened in the first pla ...

UGH's COMMENTS BELOW - MEDIATOR
Dec 12, 2012

MEDIATOR, someone needs to take note of "Ugh's" comments below, contemplating suicide.  Surely, that e-mail address could be intercepted and the appropriate "counselor" contact this person. ...

Amphion? Any Comments
Apr 28, 2013

Any comments about Amphion? I feel I'm about to get the boot from MModal and have started checking out other ads. Amphion looks okay for what I want - VR and PT employee status, but their requirement about being tech savvy intimidates me. I can download and save a file, but I'm not good at troubleshooting - I'm an old time MT who started out on a typewriter, so this sort of thing is more out of my realm. It looks like they provide IT help only sparingly. Any comments? ...

Encompass - Thoughts/comments
Feb 23, 2010

Any thoughts/comments on working for the company Encompass? ...

Threatening Comments By MQ Recruiter
Nov 08, 2011

I think it's terrible that an MQ recruiter is on this board alluding to threatening MQ employees and former MQ employees about voicing their opinions about this company and that somehow they can figure out who we are.  Does she/he honesly believe she/he is the only recruiter at MQ ?  Just goes to show you what types of people work for that company.  I think she/he should be reported to MQ for what she/he is doing.  If they are the only recruiter someo ...

JOB SEARCH, QUESTION AND COMMENTS
Jun 12, 2012

I'm just wondering if any other job seekers have considered putting a limit on the length of time you will accept for a potential client or employer to seriously respond to your submission of a resume or taking their test?  I mean, I do become somewhat skeptical when I respond to an ad or take a test (especially when I've taken a test) that shows some sort of urgency and then I don't hear back from them for a LONG TIME, including no response to followup emails that I send the ...

I Am Usually Careful About Comments On Line
Dec 11, 2012

but this takes the cake.  I have a good notion not to finish my shift.  If I wasn't the sole wage earner, I'd sure quit this very moment.  They start off saying our compensation will be based on skill and competency levels -- right.  Oh and reeking of Obama philosphy, giving us "equal earning opportunity."  Now PTO is calculated on how many hours you work, rather than years with the company or FT status?  Nonproduction hour pay is cut.  I love the tra ...

I Did Not Understand The Comments Regarding Softscript
Jan 15, 2013

I haven't worked at Softscript very long, but had not had the experience others had mentioned regarding the constant emails, sometimes harassing and berating. However, just recently I've begun to notice an increase. There may be no work at the beginning of the week, when you're scheduled, but if work picks up they want an OT commitment, even if you aren't supposed to work. That's fine, I guess, but if you dont' send one in, you get an email asking why. Then, if ...

Check This Out - Read The Comments
Apr 06, 2013

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57578237/visa-lottery-may-limit-companies-hiring-foreign-workers/ ...

M*MODAL COMMENTS IN TN PAPER
Mar 21, 2014

M*Modal participates in the market where pricing has dropped by 35% below what M*Modal needs to sustain. M*Modal has heavy cost structure with debt load and G&A which will prevent it from being cost effective in Transcription Out-sourcing market. M*Modal has also pursued a technology solution model similar to Nuance where clinical documentation review/edit/accuracy function is being transitioned to physicians using Fluency by M*Modal and Dragon 360 by Nuance. The ineffectiveness of this app ...