A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Keystrokes - comments? - BigBen

Posted: May 18, 2011

I've been looking at the comments on Keystrokes.  Have recently received a job offer and wondering if there are any new developments since the last post I can find (March).  Is anyone working there currently?  If so, how is job volume/flow?  How many lines are you able to get in straight transcription on the DocQScribe platform?  Info is appreciated!

DocQScribe? - KeystrokesMT6

[ In Reply To ..]
Keystrokes uses the lousy ChartNet platform -- which requires 15 different mouse commands just to sign off a voice file. I'm fairly certain that DocQScribe is MedQuist's platform....

I am a CMT with a lot of experience but don't make any money because I sit here waiting for jobs most of the day. I have asked for an additional account, only to be placed on another overstaffed one. My friends and acquaintances who work for them, with one notable exception, are all having identical experience.

I am looking for work elsewhere.

Communication is nonexistent to poor. Your e-mails are usually ignored.

You have to give a 30-day notice to have a day off.

I could go on and on... Does this answer your question?

Run don't walk - KSMT2

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree. I sit and wait for work. I have asked many times to be put on another account, but I am still waiting for 6 months or so now. My pay is about 1/3 of what it was. Non existent communication. Don't get me started on the lies, promises, changes, and what day of the week it is. Everything changes on a whim.

Keystrokes - MVI

[ In Reply To ..]
Exactly right. Sit and wait for work. Get a new account, get terminated.

Keystrokes - MVI

[ In Reply To ..]
Would not work for them. Everything she says is true. No work and funky programs.

They use DQS, too, because that is what the client had to use. - Probably one of the hospitals that sued MQ.

[ In Reply To ..]
That hospital system has more work than we can keep up with, but people don't like working on it because they have a lot of ESLs. It does have the job security, and you get used to the hard ones, and blanks are expected on the intranscribable ones (there are 3 of them that it is impossible to master, though I am doing better on those). It is also good to get the ESL experience you need in this day and age, so I like it.

I am on a Docuscribe account, so they do use it. - Opposite Opinion Here

[ In Reply To ..]
We have so much work on this account that we have been in overtime pretty much all the time since I started on it 2-1/2 years ago. The volume recently increased, and I know they are hiring at least 5 more just for 2nd shift.

I know we all have different experiences with different companies, but everyone that I know who works for Keystrokes, at least 20 people, are happy and have plenty of work.

In fact, I heard yesterday that most accounts are really busy and on OT, and there are a few new accounts about to start.

If you are not getting enough work, perhaps they don't want you to. If you are as ugly with the people at KS as you sound right here, they probably don't like dealing with you.

You would be on here too complaining if you - did not have enough work

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know what 20 people you know, everyone I know has the same complaint - not enough work, and no reply to e-mails. Almost every account is busy? You heard this information from whom?
Way longer than me? How would you know? - I said I was on that account for 2-1/2 years.
[ In Reply To ..]
I've been with the company for 9 years. I heard that information from someone in the office when I called to thank them for my t-shirt.
So, when are you leaving? - Why torment yourself any longer?
[ In Reply To ..]
You will let us know, won't you? You can't be good for the company in any way if you have that bad of an attitude, so you should move on and let those that enjoy it be in peace.
Working for a company w/ no work - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know what planet you live on, but on this one (Earth), if you go to work for a company as an employee they are supposed to give you work. They are also supposed to provide any equipment needed to perform the job. They are supposed to answer e-mails and otherwise communicate with you.

You're a real piece of work, insisting that others don't have the right to vent. Good for you that your KS experience has been good. That is NOT the case for MANY others, and they DO have the right to complain.
But why stay where things are so bad? - Are you a masochist?
[ In Reply To ..]
I would be gone if I felt so bad about my company that I had to come here and spew venom all over everyone. That can't be good for your health to nurse those wounds over and over again and to stay worked up all the time about things. Life is too short. Really, you should think about finding somewhere else to work.

And for those who have found home at KS, lighten up! Life is generally a bummer and we don't always get all we want, but the content and the thankful have it better in life than those that only see the bad everywhere they look.
Lecture - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Yeah, I'm sure you'd just "be gone" without securing something else first. That would just be foolish...

Spare me your lecturing. I can vent on here anytime I please, and I'm not "worked up," just disgusted. And I'm sooooo sure you're soooo concerned about my health! lol

And oh yes, we should all go through life wearing blinders, ignoring the "ugly," because it makes us feel "better." Another foolish assertion.

Lecture - In agreement
[ In Reply To ..]
I am total agreement with your reply. I am disgusted with KS and all the lies and favoritism. I too am looking elsewhere and when something comes up (MT or not), I am out of here! By the way has anyone seen any improvements since the survey? There cannot be too many happy KS employees if such a survey needed to come out.
YOU GO GIRL - You have my support
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
IS THIS A BETTER - ATTITUDE
[ In Reply To ..]
I am so happy to be a KS employee! I am so overjoyed that I am a single mother and not making enough to pay my rent, pay bills or do without essentials so that I can be a KS employee. Never mind that all I have left are just a few dollars after deductions and insurance are paid. Yes, I decided to smile and laugh when someone rubs it in my (our) face that they have so much work they need to work overtime. Never mind that a friend is living off of her credit cards while waiting for an additional account that has so far not materialized. But yes, we are HAPPY!! YIPPEE!!

I am a person that takes someone at their word and I should know better, after all I used to believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.
What an AWESOME post! - StarvingKSMT
[ In Reply To ..]
This gets my vote for Post of the Year!!
I FORGOT THE.. - TOOTH FAIRY
[ In Reply To ..]
It was a sad realization that gifts were not FREE, but were paid for with CASH, and money not left under my pillow. Why would I expect compensation for sitting here for 8 hours making NADA.

DQS - QAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Keystrokes also used DocQscribe. I work on the account. MQ owns the platform, but they lease it out to other companies too.

If you need the job take it until.. - something else comes along

[ In Reply To ..]
My thought is KS should be taking care of the MT's that they have and make sure they have enough work and are making enough money and then hire additional MT's if needed.

There are different platforms, depending on which account. - We are drowning in work.

[ In Reply To ..]
Even on the difficult account, which I am on, you get good with daily use and can turn out the lines. The hard ones are not every report, so you can make up for that in the long run. In spite of the ones that like to attack KS here, in reality they are one of the very fair services out there. I like working for them. The detractors here are the vocal few. Those that are satisfied, when the post here, get attacked, but there are many more like them out there.

Keystrokes - Big Ben

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you all for your info!

DROWNING IN WORK - AGAIN - YIPPIE!

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Search for a post from Wiser MT - February 16, 2004

[ In Reply To ..]
It is hysterical. I wish I knew who wrote it.

Here it is!! - (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
The Good, Bad, & Ugly about Keystrokes
[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Company Board ]

Posted by Wiser MT on February 16, 2004 at 13:19:57:

To anyone considering employment with Keystrokes, here's what I believe to be the true pros & cons.

Reliable pay for the most part...but when your check is late, there is some kooky-a** reason why which you are expected to understand (does the mortgage company understand if I don't pay on time?)

Most of the time work is available during your work hours. But, in my experience it is feast or famine with this company. Either you run out of work (and don't hit your personal mark for the egg you need to crack $$$)and its not THEIR fault...OR there is too much work and you are expected to pick up the slack. If you don't, you are guilt-tripped and harassed. BIG TIME. Accounts are either overstaffed or understaffed.

The owner is HIGHLY emotional and because of bad experiences with flaky and/or unreliable MTs (which most are not), she takes it out on EVERYONE.

They've offered direct deposit the last several years, only to not have it happen after filling out req'd paperwork.

They changed their payscale several times. Now, only the MTs who type themselves into the ground can make a decent buck. Doesn't matter if you have 20 or 30 years experience and near perfect work...You are paid well because of VOLUME, not experience or quality (although near perfect quality is the expectation). The more you type, the more you can make. If that's what floats your boat, then God bless you. Enjoy your medical bills.

You can expect nasty and even threatening (re: loss of job) emails from the owner if turnaround times are not met. You can expect frantic, desperate phone calls and emails. In SOME cases (not all), you can expect a lack of training, a lack of doctor lists, tools, etc. to do accts. And best one...you can expect NOT to be respected but to give respect in return.

And by the way, if your kid breaks their leg and you have to take 'em to the ER (which you have to provide PROOF of the visit because why should YOUR WORD mean ANYTHING) and you don't give FOUR HOURS notice...You are FIRED. If your shift starts at 7 a.m., you wake up at 6 and are too ill to work (and I believe most of us work when we are sick anyway), and don't give FOUR HOURS notice, you will be fired. For anyone who might disagree, it is in their company handbook...their words, not mine.

I agree with the other person...Be VERY VERY careful. And expect a scathing, emotional response from the owner on this board sometime soon.

http://archives.mtstars.com/company/1844.html

Company handbook? - Applauding

[ In Reply To ..]
A big round of applause for that great post!

What company handbook? I have never even heard that there is one.

She forgot to mention that you will NEVER be able to afford their health insurance. I don't know a single soul who can. Also, a 30-day notice is required to simply have a day off.

KS - ksemp

[ In Reply To ..]
Every company has the people that are angry and have attitude no matter where you go. I love my job at KS. I say go for it. The DQS account is super busy all the time with work. Everyone I work with is nice. Please do not go by what the few and the angry say on this board, you could make a wrong decision. Believe me, no matter where you go, or what company you check on, you always have the angry few. KS is a great place to work. I know lots of people working at this company that are happy in their positions. Make your own personal decision. These angry people are hard to work with at the company too; they gripe about everything and anything and never seem happy.

Similar Messages:

Any Good, Bag Or Ugly Comments About Keystrokes"
Sep 07, 2011

I got a phone call from them and they emailed me a list of available shifts, what equipment I'd need, platform, but I forgot to ask how much per line I'd be paid.  The person I talked to was very nice.  I just want part-time which she said would be 20 hours a week.  Before I email her back asking the wages and/or I decide to accept it, I'd like any info anyone might have.  I still work at MQ and don't want to leave for something just as bad, before I actua ...

TTS - Any Comments?
Jan 10, 2013

Anyone have any experience with TTS good or bad?  Thanks!  To elaborate - I am possibly moving from a hospital situation to working for them. ...

No Work Comments.
Oct 20, 2009

There are lots of posts from yesterday about "no work."  Anyone care to elaborate on which companies you are experiencing this.  I am trying to make a change and don't want to go through the same experience again.  Thanks so much. ...

Any Comments On WebMedx?
Oct 22, 2009

I am looking to make a change from MedQuist.  Does anyone know how WebMedx compares? ...

All The Over The Top Comments Regarding Webmedx
Sep 02, 2010

1. It sucks to lose a job, period.  At least 10 million people have gone thru the process in the recent past and none of them liked it. 2. No matter how it was delivered, you would still be upset. I gty you a phone call would have gone this way...."Hello, I am XX from HR and I need to inform you blah blah blah..."  Read from a script with no substantive answers due to today's legal environment and discrimination laws.  Having had the news delivered to me this way in the ...

Any Comments RE Transcend?
Apr 04, 2011

Job searching once again. Got lots of experience, strong on op reports/procedures. I've had my fill of days with no work available. ...

Here It Is, MTSO's: If You Don't Like The Bad Comments,
Jul 19, 2011

nm ...

QA Comments In FIESA
Sep 30, 2012

So sick of the comments left in the FIESA - I do NOT leave random blanks and always take the time to try and research it in the data base by either looking up patient or physician depending on what I am looking for and then when I cannot find it I leave a blank and then at end of day to see their remark that it WAS EASILY found is truly an insult and a smack in the face.  I DID try and find it and maybe they are more experienced then I am or they may have heard of this physician and how is ...

Landmark: Any Comments? Thanks.
Oct 25, 2012

. ...

Another Physician's Comments On Using The EMR
Nov 23, 2012

Below is a link to a NY Times editorial.  "The advent of electronic medical records has been a boon to patient safety and physician efficiency in many ways. But it has also brought with it a slew of “timesaving” tricks that have had some unintended consequences. These tricks make it so easy for doctors to document the results of standard exams and conversations with patients that it appears more and more of them are being documented without ever having happened in the first pla ...

UGH's COMMENTS BELOW - MEDIATOR
Dec 12, 2012

MEDIATOR, someone needs to take note of "Ugh's" comments below, contemplating suicide.  Surely, that e-mail address could be intercepted and the appropriate "counselor" contact this person. ...

Amphion? Any Comments
Apr 28, 2013

Any comments about Amphion? I feel I'm about to get the boot from MModal and have started checking out other ads. Amphion looks okay for what I want - VR and PT employee status, but their requirement about being tech savvy intimidates me. I can download and save a file, but I'm not good at troubleshooting - I'm an old time MT who started out on a typewriter, so this sort of thing is more out of my realm. It looks like they provide IT help only sparingly. Any comments? ...

Encompass - Thoughts/comments
Feb 23, 2010

Any thoughts/comments on working for the company Encompass? ...

Threatening Comments By MQ Recruiter
Nov 08, 2011

I think it's terrible that an MQ recruiter is on this board alluding to threatening MQ employees and former MQ employees about voicing their opinions about this company and that somehow they can figure out who we are.  Does she/he honesly believe she/he is the only recruiter at MQ ?  Just goes to show you what types of people work for that company.  I think she/he should be reported to MQ for what she/he is doing.  If they are the only recruiter someo ...

JOB SEARCH, QUESTION AND COMMENTS
Jun 12, 2012

I'm just wondering if any other job seekers have considered putting a limit on the length of time you will accept for a potential client or employer to seriously respond to your submission of a resume or taking their test?  I mean, I do become somewhat skeptical when I respond to an ad or take a test (especially when I've taken a test) that shows some sort of urgency and then I don't hear back from them for a LONG TIME, including no response to followup emails that I send the ...

I Am Usually Careful About Comments On Line
Dec 11, 2012

but this takes the cake.  I have a good notion not to finish my shift.  If I wasn't the sole wage earner, I'd sure quit this very moment.  They start off saying our compensation will be based on skill and competency levels -- right.  Oh and reeking of Obama philosphy, giving us "equal earning opportunity."  Now PTO is calculated on how many hours you work, rather than years with the company or FT status?  Nonproduction hour pay is cut.  I love the tra ...

I Did Not Understand The Comments Regarding Softscript
Jan 15, 2013

I haven't worked at Softscript very long, but had not had the experience others had mentioned regarding the constant emails, sometimes harassing and berating. However, just recently I've begun to notice an increase. There may be no work at the beginning of the week, when you're scheduled, but if work picks up they want an OT commitment, even if you aren't supposed to work. That's fine, I guess, but if you dont' send one in, you get an email asking why. Then, if ...

Check This Out - Read The Comments
Apr 06, 2013

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57578237/visa-lottery-may-limit-companies-hiring-foreign-workers/ ...

M*MODAL COMMENTS IN TN PAPER
Mar 21, 2014

M*Modal participates in the market where pricing has dropped by 35% below what M*Modal needs to sustain. M*Modal has heavy cost structure with debt load and G&A which will prevent it from being cost effective in Transcription Out-sourcing market. M*Modal has also pursued a technology solution model similar to Nuance where clinical documentation review/edit/accuracy function is being transitioned to physicians using Fluency by M*Modal and Dragon 360 by Nuance. The ineffectiveness of this app ...

Any Comments Working For Precyse?
Jun 07, 2014

There is an ad for PT transcription.  I have reviewed past posts but wondering if currently anyone has any advice for working for this company?  Good pay, dictators, etc?  Thanks. ...

Any Comments On Company GTS That Just Posted For MTs?
Aug 28, 2014

a ...

IMEDX Survey. Comments?
Jan 07, 2015

Did anyone else leave coments on their IMEDX Employee Survey?   ...

Creative Comments When Accepting
Mar 25, 2015

Like, I wonder if instead of just my initials and that I reviewed my error, I should try something like: "Yes I made a mistake, no I DON'T think my pay should go down by $100, how would you like it?" "How would you like it if you had to be perfect OR you got your pay docked?" "Yes, I willlfully accept my error, but I do NOT accept your wage theft." Of course, I am accepting their wage theft in reality by signing that and staying employed by the devil. Sigh. I doubt anyone cares what yo ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging, LLC - Any Comments?
Mar 06, 2010

do not know what state.  Any info appreciated.  ...

COMMENTS TO MTSO'S WHO READ THESE BOARDS
Jun 26, 2011

As much as we all like for things to go back the way they were before VR, before offshoring, before the EMR, that is unlikely to happen.  I come from an era of transcription where we actually could support ourselves on being a medical transcriptionist.  Unfortunately, that is not the case with transcription any longer.  I work for three different companies and there isn't a dime's worth of diference in any of them low pay, long hours, supervisors that are not MTs that ar ...

Phoenix MedCom - Comments About This Company?
Oct 26, 2010

Does anyone have any comments about this company?  Thinking of applying. ...

See Inside For Comments On This Very Odd Situation For Transcribing
Jun 09, 2011

Did anyone ever hear of a place where you do ASR or VR and having to cut and paste because they want specific macros.  Never did this before.  Any comments.  They pay very low for this work to begin with, very low. ...

Thanks For All Of Your Sweet Comments, It Truly Helps To Commiserate With Y'all
Dec 28, 2011

Goodnight, God bless! Better days... ...

Any Comments About Toggle Dictation/Transcription In TX? They
May 16, 2013

. ...

Class Action Suits. All The Comments Below That Nothing
Apr 05, 2014

can be done. That is SO NOT true, and I hate to state the obvious, the elephant in OUR room here, that its likely management trolls.  The law firm listed below is fantastic.  And class actions work where 1 or 2 Plaintiffs step up and its converted to a class action for all employees. That's where ya sit back, don't have to do squat, the pros go over payroll and you get compensated if wages are calculated to be do you. Its simple, NOT some big drama fest.  This IS America ...