A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

threatening comments by MQ Recruiter - annoyed by threats

Posted: Nov 08, 2011

I think it's terrible that an MQ recruiter is on this board alluding to threatening MQ employees and former MQ employees about voicing their opinions about this company and that somehow they can figure out who we are.  Does she/he honesly believe she/he is the only recruiter at MQ ?  Just goes to show you what types of people work for that company.  I think she/he should be reported to MQ for what she/he is doing.  If they are the only recruiter someone can figure out who they are!!  Problem is knowing MQ they'll get a raise!! 

MQ DESERVES their bad reputation and THEN SOME! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

A little upset with them myself - mtlt

[ In Reply To ..]
I just tried to test for them. I got through the multiple choice and halfway through the dictation part of the test. I clicked on the "Take a Break" option and 30 minutes later I got an email that said that my 48 hours was up. I had just started the test that morning! I'm in desperate need of a job, but not sure if I want to put up with this kind of nonsense. This is the third time that I have TRIED to test for them and experienced "technical difficulties" on their site. Glad I am still working for another company doing legal on a prn basis.

It's a blessing in disguise - trust me - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
With everything you've probably read about them and everything the rest of us are experiencing, I am amazed that there is anyone left on the planet who would willingly walk into such a hell hole of a job. I am not exaggerating.

I would say just consider it a blessing the test didn't work 3 times - that your guardian angel is looking out for you, and move on.

I see this as 3 signs warning you to RUN! I'm back with them but - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm kicking and screaming. This is the 2nd time they bought me and the last. I've decided to leave the MT field and hoping to be out of MQs grip by year's end. I cannot imagine anyone who would willingly decide to work for MQ after reading their punishment rules, the pathetic pay scale, strict adherence to your shift although no work during your shift, etc. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. Good luck to you and to all of us.

Test time - Dinosaur

[ In Reply To ..]
In the past prospective employees were told that the MT test was not timed, but it actually was. I would suggest that you take the test in its entirety without stopping for a break. I would bet real money that you would not experience "technical difficulties" with this approach.
Test time - mtlt
[ In Reply To ..]
I have a 19 month old and cannot just ignore him. I only took a break because he woke up from his nap. If babysitters weren't so expensive I wouldn't need to work at home.
MQ requires a schedule, not work when you want - around a baby
[ In Reply To ..]
You cannot just stop when your baby wakes up and then work again later. They make you have a schedule, and you have to work it or be fired. I do not see how you will be able to work here under those conditions.
Interruptions while working - BH
[ In Reply To ..]
You would be better working as an independent contractor. I used to work for a company as an independent contractor, and although they wanted you to work with a timeframe, if you needed to stop working, you could. I was not paid for hours, only lines. They would ask who would be available to work within certain hours, but would not hold you to it. Even right now with Medquist (as transfer from Spheris), I don't have any little children, but do have an older daughter and dog, so I do get interruptions. If I really have to interrupt my work, I can sign out on break and sign back in.
Yeah - Joke
[ In Reply To ..]
they require you to work a schedule but don't give you enough work for your shift. Working a schedule is really a joke. I can't tell you the last time I worked a schedule. I work when there is work in there.
I understand, I really do - Dinosaur
[ In Reply To ..]
and I am not sure if this is still the case, but before we were owned by India the test was timed without the prospective employee's knowledge. MQ Recruiter said you have 48 hours (and I believe this poster is a real recruiter, or at the very least involved with recruitment in some way), so this actually may be the way the test is currently done. I just wanted to let you know that secretly timing the test happens, and it is not new.

Test time - MQ Recruiter

[ In Reply To ..]
You can re-enter the test site at any time. The 48 hours is merely a suggestion to encourage candidates to finish in a timely manner. Just access the test link provided in your original testing invitation and it should take you back to your test. Keep in mind you�ll need to be using a browser supported by the test website. (IE8 or lower or Firefox Mozilla.) Good Luck!

MQ Recruiter - Intheknow

[ In Reply To ..]
Since MQ outsources all their recruiting, it's doubtful this person is an MQ employee. What she says about speaking poorly of a current or prior employer is true -- it is a sign of professionalism, or lack thereof.

LOL Get a CLUE. - Hahaha

[ In Reply To ..]
This is an anonymous message board.

Even PROFESSIONALS tell the TRUTH in confidence. And that does NOT make them any less "professional" for doing so.

I've heard it ALL now ... - loud and clear

[ In Reply To ..]
Let's ask the companies who treat their employees like the valued professionals we are instead of worthless "commodities" owned by Medquist if they mind us all talking about them. Something tells me those companies who are proud of the way they treat their employees wouldn't give a sh*t what was said about them.

Did you know that one of the main signs that you may be an abuser is when you encourage silence and are threatened by vocality? No doubt Medquist would love nothing more than for us all to shut up.

Guess what. We're not shutting up.

The way MQ treats their employees is an abomination and don't think for a minute I won't shout it from the rooftops from the top of my lungs. Do you think I care about some "invisible professionalism" on an anonymous board when I can't feed my children or pay my rent? If I can save just ONE unsuspecting newbie from stepping into the Medquist trap I. Will. Do. It.

You think what MQ does is PROFESSIONAL? I call it - YA JOKIN!

[ In Reply To ..]
cutthroat. You reap what you sow and they sow worms! They deserve to be bashed ALL OVER the Internet. Who cares if it is
"professional" or not, they aren't! Obviously, some of the posters on this board have not been affected by them yet, your turn will come and you will then agree. You own fault though by then cause you sure have been warned!

having been warned - Former MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Reading the warnings is one thing, acting on them is another. I know from experience. I too used to come in here and read all the negative stuff about Q, and I just figured "what a bunch of slackers." Then my pay got cut, my Internet reimbursement taken away, my production bonus gone, then another pay cut, then my account of 10 years disappeared one Monday morning....and bad things were happening to other MTs I knew personally, and who were not slackers either. So if you are smart run, don't walk, do not pass go, just run from this evil company. I loved being an MT, but I have left the field forever because I know no matter how great a company I found to work for I would live in the constant fear of the Q poucing on it and gobbling it up as they did Spheris and so many others. I just can't go through that game again, my sanity won't take it!
having been warned... - Hats
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with what's been said. So much has changed within the company (have been with MQ on and off for 10+ years, and in the industry 30+). I haven't researched other services because I'm worried I'd be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire. I really don't know who's who, who pays decently, who's flexible, etc, etc, etc.

I can't find the post... - Dinosaur

[ In Reply To ..]
I have not had the time to visit the board for a couple of weeks, can you tell me where I can find the post of the recruiter?

Here's a link to the thread ... recruiter's post - is a few lines into it

[ In Reply To ..]
http://forum.mtstars.com/356489.html

It was later said this person was an imposter - who knows.

Similar Messages:

Threatening Email
Jan 23, 2013

Here we go with the threatening emails again.  This is from the top dog though.  He wants anyone putting in OOW tickets to be switched to weekend hours so we have turnaruond time compliance.  Does he not know that there is no work on weekends either.  They need to make up their minds.  We still have to have day shift and weekday MTs working.  We are suppose to be looking at our schedule and try to come up with some weekend hours to go with our weekday hours.  ...

Softscript - You Get Threatening E-mails
Oct 25, 2012

Don't you just love how you get threatening e-mails wanting you to work more as clients are unhappy because their work is not getting back in a timely fashion.  Where was this concern when we were running out of work on a daily basis and were expected to just sit and wait for work.  There was no loyalty to their employees and so many quit, as they were tired of waiting and NO MONEY, and now they do not have enough employees for the work they have now.  But, what happens when this work go ...

Work Overflow And Threatening/is This Customary?
May 08, 2013

It seems like I have NJA all week, but when Fri/Sat/Sun rolls around, here comes the emails saying urgent help needed, yadda yadda....and threatening they will lose account if not caught up. Anyone else run into this? It seems like the same thing happens at the end of every week. ...

Production Manager At SoftScript Very Unprofessional And Threatening Emails
Jan 19, 2015

Is there anyone out there working for SoftScript.  My PM of 4 years just disappeared out of the blue and her replacement is horrible.  Sends multiple emails daily that are rude and borderline threatening, demanding responses... ...

Ethics Question About A Life-threatening Issue Posed By Teacher
May 26, 2011

Hello everyone! I'm an MT student who doing a bit of research for one of my classes, and I wanted to ask some real MT's about this one. My teacher posed to us this question: "What if you were privy to information in the same setting of transcribing 2 different clinics who apparently have a shared client, and you found out something about the patient that you perceived as seriously potentially life threatening?  What if there was a medication prescribed in one contex ...

To MQ Recruiter
Nov 11, 2011

A comment from a post a few days ago has really been eating at me, so I'm finally compelled to respond. "I work for MedQuist as a recruiter. We understand how transient the transcription world is (employees hopping from one company to another)." One common misperception of MTs is that we're transients, more or less gypsies.  Years  ago, a VP of one of the very largest MTSOs told me "behind closed doors" that we were really just prostitutes whose pretty little heads could be ...

SS Recruiter Was It Just Me?
Sep 13, 2012

I had an interview earlier today wtih SS and I felt the recruiter was a bit snippy and condescending with the way the interview was handled.  The first thing she mentioned was the fact that she was "late and that the interview would have to be cut short" because when she tried to call me, she got the message that "all circuits were busy," on the phone line.  (Well it was 12 p.m. EST my time and we were having storms at the time).  I cannot control the phone lines or the phone comp ...

Looks Like A Certain Recruiter At SS Got Let Go
Oct 19, 2012

Just went to another job board and noticed SS has an opening for a recruiter.  I'm wondering since I did call the company and talked to "A" about this person, if other people followed suit and they decided to let her go.  I may call back and see if I could still be hired (it has been about a month since I had my bad interview experience with DN). ...

Spheris Recruiter
May 20, 2010

Why does the Spheris recruiter email asking that you pick a time for her to call and then never call?  Very annoying!  ...

TTS Recruiter - Is She Associated With MT Stars?
May 21, 2010

Anybody know?  I applied at TTS before and a lady who said she was the owner said to call her assistant who was also recruiter.  This recruiter called me once and said she would like to hire me and would get back to me but she didn't.  I called back 2 weeks later to follow up and she went crazy that I had the audacity to phone her. They have an ad **** that advertises for MTs but I just want to make sure this recruiter is no longer associated wi ...

Recruiter E-mail
Aug 10, 2010

Has anyone else received a random e-mail from a MedQuist recruiter.  I got an e-mail this week from one advising me that they have openings for full and part-time acute care after 11 a.m. and radiology 1st and 2nd shift, $500 bonus, yada yada yada.  I have never applied at MedQuist and probably never will after reading about everything that they put their employees through.  I am not even looking for a job right now.  Why would they send these e-mails out when there ...

Softscript Recruiter
Aug 12, 2011

Does anyone know who is above the softscript recruiter first initial D?  I swear I am getting nowhere and would like to contact her boss. ...

The Recruiter Is *ALWAYS* Nice
Dec 02, 2011

After some coworkers and I applied for positions with a different company, I was floored by how many went on and on about the recruiter being "so nice" and how that translated -- in their minds -- into a reflection of their immediate supervisor and everyone else within the company. OF COURSE the recruiter is nice!  If she weren't personable and didn't have that type of personality, most likely she would not be in the position of recruiter.  Only the WORST managed companies ( ...

TTS, A QUESTION TO ASK RECRUITER
May 17, 2012

One question to ask the TTS recruiter these days, should you apply for a position there, is this: "What are the plans for this account you are offering me?  Will it be a permanent, long-term assignment for me, or will the account be going back to the client, "in-house" or elsewhere as soon as the platform learns VR?"  If she replies that she doesn't know, consider asking her to consult with someone in the company who does know, like the team leader,  and then come back to yo ...

Is DN Still The Recruiter At Softscript?
Nov 27, 2012

x ...

NUANCE RECRUITER CANT BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY
Nov 13, 2014

I took the Nuance test a few weeks ago.. a Nuance recruiter by the name of contacted me, eager to hire me, said he would email me information on benefits, etc., never did, so two days later I emailed him again, and he never answerred... then I called him... he FINALLY emailed me the benefit info.  He then told me he would send me an offer last Friday so I could think about it this weekend and give him a decision by Monday, which is now almost four days ago.  He never sent me an offer a ...

If I Can't Get In Contact With My Recruiter...
Jan 20, 2015

Is it okay to get in contact wtih another one? I haven't been able to get in contact with my recuiter by e-mail or phone in well over a week. ...

Recruiter Really Pursuing Me - Regarding Radiology
Aug 18, 2010

I didn't even apply to your company but for some reason they're all over me, calling and emailing.  I type radiology only; I told the recruiter that.  He insists I need to put in an application and test, but I'm not sure I want to spend the time and of course he refuses to give me any details until I spend it.  I know the Q's reputation is pretty bad - so I'm asking - how are the rad accounts?  And why don't they just advertise for rad MT's ...

Anyone Know If Tara Is Still A Recruiter With Transcend? Nm
Nov 04, 2010

xx ...

Recruiter Vs. Account Manager?
May 16, 2011

Has anyone ever had an MT job interview with an account manager rather than a recruiter? ...

Where's The E-mail For The EdocScribe Recruiter?
Jan 25, 2012

I'm trying to apply with this company from an ad I saw on the other job site and can't locate the e-mail for the recruiter.  EdocScribe's website just has a general "contact us" e-mail.  Anybody apply there before and did you use this addy to send your resume? ...

Anyone Have A Clue How To Contact A Recruiter?? LOL
Apr 04, 2014

I have applied to Nuance, and already went thru the online process. Also had friends at N submit my resume.  I got a voice mail from a "Colleen" at Nuance today, saying she has my resume, but I have to complete some "Assessment", which she has emailed to me, as far as links to follow.  Well, no email from anyone, and when I called back the phone # on caller ID, it is Transcend, and there is no option to speak with anyone.  Is this a red flag?  LOL Don't answer that.  ...

Not Too Happy With The TTS Recruiter Right Now. So I Get An Email
Dec 30, 2014

they want to speak to me immediately.  I reply and tell them specifically in the list of questions that I do not have a working cell currently (cannot afford one and still do not have one).  So I get an email saying they tried calling and got an error message.  I am sitting here thinking okay I told you that in that list of questions, but whatever.  I said yeah is there any way to discuss positions via email?  Not a word since and that was Friday.  Not professional ...

Got A Message On Machine Today From MQ Recruiter
Jun 02, 2011

I have been working for MQ for years! Wish I had been home to get that call and have fun playing along, LOL ...

Contact By Recruiter, Platform Question
Jul 13, 2012

I worked for Medquist in 2006.  I didn't stay long, but those 5 months seemed like a year.  There were some of the very worst dictating clinicians that I've ever heard and I always ended my shift with a severe headache.  Communication was practically nonexistent except for when QA wanted to complain.  I remember receiving an email once where the QA woman was responding to a report that I had worked on for more than an hour.  It was barely decipherable.  He ...

Recent Complaits About Softscript, Recruiter Etc
Oct 12, 2012

I called just a bit ago to this company and voiced my complaints to "A" regarding "DN" and her rudeness during the interview process. "A" informed me that this was the first complaint he had heard against her " (my tongue in cheek).  I told "A" that he should sign onto this website and read the complaints both against the company and the recruiter on this board.  I also mentioned that their schmaltzly/cutesy ads could be done away with and what they are paying to develop those ads ...

Interview With TTS, Suggestions On Questions To Ask Recruiter? Nm
Aug 03, 2014

xx ...

Superior Global Solutions - Name Of The Current Recruiter?
Aug 28, 2012

Is anyone able to give me the name of the current recruiter?  Thanks for your help!  ...

Nuance Recruiter Hiring For 20 Acute Care MTs. If You Are Out Of Work
Sep 26, 2014

Sucks for those of us with targets on our backs. We'll never see another 8-hour day if they can prevent it. See post below about recruiter, the info is rock solid, I know the person it came from. ...

TTS - Any Comments?
Jan 10, 2013

Anyone have any experience with TTS good or bad?  Thanks!  To elaborate - I am possibly moving from a hospital situation to working for them. ...