A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I am usually careful about comments on line - sm

Posted: Dec 11, 2012

but this takes the cake.  I have a good notion not to finish my shift.  If I wasn't the sole wage earner, I'd sure quit this very moment.  They start off saying our compensation will be based on skill and competency levels -- right.  Oh and reeking of Obama philosphy, giving us "equal earning opportunity."  Now PTO is calculated on how many hours you work, rather than years with the company or FT status?  Nonproduction hour pay is cut.  I love the transcription, but am hating what has become of this industry. 

Seriously? Obama? Get a life. NM - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Hasn't PTO always been calculated - that way?

[ In Reply To ..]
It has with every job I've ever had.

And I have no idea what Obama has to do with anything.

for those of you that can't get past that - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
he also wanted to "level the playing field." His words, not mine. If you can't see the parallel, then I really don't give a care. It would be nice if we would just try to understand the frustration of one MT to another. I guess that's too much to ask anymore. You can have this industry, this board and all. Bye.

Okay, bye! - :)

[ In Reply To ..]

Bye, you are the one who had to drag politics where it doesn't belong. NM - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

What are you talking about? PTO rate is based on FT vs. PT - and seniority.

[ In Reply To ..]
And accrues based on number of hours you work.

Get your facts straight.

Similar Messages:

To V10--Be Careful
Jul 23, 2010

Don't be too quick to tag this all as drama.  I have been with MQ for about 12 years.  I left and came back 1-1/2 years ago.  I was told many things in being hired back that were not true. Then I was micro-managed when I came back.  Things have settled down and I am very fortunate to still have enough work, although not on my primary account. Please know that this is not just all drama.  It is very stressful if you are the main bread-winner.  If not,may not be ...

Really Careful
Dec 20, 2010

Editing ASR.  Doctor CLEARLY states upcoming eye surgery and the ASR transcribed upcoming "knee" surgery.  There is no way this sounded like knee surgery, but that is what it put.  It was spelled correctly, looked OK.  If I had not been actually editing and listening and doing what I understand some people do and just "proofreading," there is no way I would have caught this.  It is not possible to edit MQ's ASR without listening to every word (and get it right) -- a ...

BE CAREFUL!!!
Oct 07, 2014

The comma police are coming to an audit near you.  Be afraid, be very afraid.  Woooo. ...

Be Careful - More Landmines
Nov 25, 2013

It's probably my "conspiracy theorist" mind at work but a couple of weeks ago I posted a few ASR errors in reports that a great number of MTs were missing/overlooking that could cost a lot of points in an audit.  Since then, I'm noticing a big flood of other ones so I wanted to just post a big warning to BE CAREFUL.  I'm not sure if these little landmines are sprinkled through our reports in order to trip us up on audits but I want you all to be especially watchful and d ...

Be Very Careful When Applying To SoftScript
Dec 05, 2009

Be very careful when applying to SoftScript.  They have many openings but I have applied, when through the testing, got an interview, but they never called and when trying to find answers they never respond.  I would be very skeptical of working for a company like this.  I also checked a little into them and found out that I was not the first one that this has happened to, plus getting work can be a problem and keeping work can be a problem.  ...

Be Careful With The Time Clock
Jun 24, 2010

at least once a day I go to clock out, and it clocks me in again automatically immediately.  I then have to wait and clock out again during the next minute or so to make sure that I am indeed officially clocked OUT. Watch it closely.  I don't know what is up. ...

Careful With World Wide Dictation
Jul 23, 2012

Nice people, but the two things I mentioned above unfortunately cancel those out.  Plus 3 cpl is RIDICULOUS!! ...

Please Be Careful When You Make A Post As The MTSOs Do Come On
Aug 06, 2013

I am posting here because although it is a "company" issue, it is also, I think a "general" issue.  I recently started working for a smaller MTSO.  When I sent in paperwork, there were problems on their end with apparently being able to open and print my scanned documents which were in a .jpg format.  This was the first time that I had ever run into a problem like that and had posted on the company board if anyone else had been having problems with this particular company receivi ...

Proof Positive - The Harder I Try, The More Careful I Am, The Worse I Do.
Mar 19, 2014

Failed another audit. Third failure in a row and worse than the last 2. Going slower, proofreading, trying harder does absolutely no good. Fooled by ASR a few times too. I am also sick of getting dinged occasionally because AAMT/ADHI decides to change the way something should be written. I have been transcribing for 30 years. I was so careful that, for the first time in a real long time, I have some makeup pay, i.e., I made less than minimum wage. Although I need to inform my QAM that ...

Be Careful, There, Supes, DOL Does Care How Much Extra Scrutiny
Jun 28, 2014

Big 'ole no no, that one. ...

TTS - Any Comments?
Jan 10, 2013

Anyone have any experience with TTS good or bad?  Thanks!  To elaborate - I am possibly moving from a hospital situation to working for them. ...

No Work Comments.
Oct 20, 2009

There are lots of posts from yesterday about "no work."  Anyone care to elaborate on which companies you are experiencing this.  I am trying to make a change and don't want to go through the same experience again.  Thanks so much. ...

Any Comments On WebMedx?
Oct 22, 2009

I am looking to make a change from MedQuist.  Does anyone know how WebMedx compares? ...

All The Over The Top Comments Regarding Webmedx
Sep 02, 2010

1. It sucks to lose a job, period.  At least 10 million people have gone thru the process in the recent past and none of them liked it. 2. No matter how it was delivered, you would still be upset. I gty you a phone call would have gone this way...."Hello, I am XX from HR and I need to inform you blah blah blah..."  Read from a script with no substantive answers due to today's legal environment and discrimination laws.  Having had the news delivered to me this way in the ...

Any Comments RE Transcend?
Apr 04, 2011

Job searching once again. Got lots of experience, strong on op reports/procedures. I've had my fill of days with no work available. ...

Keystrokes - Comments?
May 18, 2011

I've been looking at the comments on Keystrokes.  Have recently received a job offer and wondering if there are any new developments since the last post I can find (March).  Is anyone working there currently?  If so, how is job volume/flow?  How many lines are you able to get in straight transcription on the DocQScribe platform?  Info is appreciated! ...

Here It Is, MTSO's: If You Don't Like The Bad Comments,
Jul 19, 2011

nm ...

QA Comments In FIESA
Sep 30, 2012

So sick of the comments left in the FIESA - I do NOT leave random blanks and always take the time to try and research it in the data base by either looking up patient or physician depending on what I am looking for and then when I cannot find it I leave a blank and then at end of day to see their remark that it WAS EASILY found is truly an insult and a smack in the face.  I DID try and find it and maybe they are more experienced then I am or they may have heard of this physician and how is ...

Landmark: Any Comments? Thanks.
Oct 25, 2012

. ...

Another Physician's Comments On Using The EMR
Nov 23, 2012

Below is a link to a NY Times editorial.  "The advent of electronic medical records has been a boon to patient safety and physician efficiency in many ways. But it has also brought with it a slew of “timesaving” tricks that have had some unintended consequences. These tricks make it so easy for doctors to document the results of standard exams and conversations with patients that it appears more and more of them are being documented without ever having happened in the first pla ...

UGH's COMMENTS BELOW - MEDIATOR
Dec 12, 2012

MEDIATOR, someone needs to take note of "Ugh's" comments below, contemplating suicide.  Surely, that e-mail address could be intercepted and the appropriate "counselor" contact this person. ...

Amphion? Any Comments
Apr 28, 2013

Any comments about Amphion? I feel I'm about to get the boot from MModal and have started checking out other ads. Amphion looks okay for what I want - VR and PT employee status, but their requirement about being tech savvy intimidates me. I can download and save a file, but I'm not good at troubleshooting - I'm an old time MT who started out on a typewriter, so this sort of thing is more out of my realm. It looks like they provide IT help only sparingly. Any comments? ...

Encompass - Thoughts/comments
Feb 23, 2010

Any thoughts/comments on working for the company Encompass? ...

Threatening Comments By MQ Recruiter
Nov 08, 2011

I think it's terrible that an MQ recruiter is on this board alluding to threatening MQ employees and former MQ employees about voicing their opinions about this company and that somehow they can figure out who we are.  Does she/he honesly believe she/he is the only recruiter at MQ ?  Just goes to show you what types of people work for that company.  I think she/he should be reported to MQ for what she/he is doing.  If they are the only recruiter someo ...

JOB SEARCH, QUESTION AND COMMENTS
Jun 12, 2012

I'm just wondering if any other job seekers have considered putting a limit on the length of time you will accept for a potential client or employer to seriously respond to your submission of a resume or taking their test?  I mean, I do become somewhat skeptical when I respond to an ad or take a test (especially when I've taken a test) that shows some sort of urgency and then I don't hear back from them for a LONG TIME, including no response to followup emails that I send the ...

I Did Not Understand The Comments Regarding Softscript
Jan 15, 2013

I haven't worked at Softscript very long, but had not had the experience others had mentioned regarding the constant emails, sometimes harassing and berating. However, just recently I've begun to notice an increase. There may be no work at the beginning of the week, when you're scheduled, but if work picks up they want an OT commitment, even if you aren't supposed to work. That's fine, I guess, but if you dont' send one in, you get an email asking why. Then, if ...

Check This Out - Read The Comments
Apr 06, 2013

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57578237/visa-lottery-may-limit-companies-hiring-foreign-workers/ ...

M*MODAL COMMENTS IN TN PAPER
Mar 21, 2014

M*Modal participates in the market where pricing has dropped by 35% below what M*Modal needs to sustain. M*Modal has heavy cost structure with debt load and G&A which will prevent it from being cost effective in Transcription Out-sourcing market. M*Modal has also pursued a technology solution model similar to Nuance where clinical documentation review/edit/accuracy function is being transitioned to physicians using Fluency by M*Modal and Dragon 360 by Nuance. The ineffectiveness of this app ...

Any Comments Working For Precyse?
Jun 07, 2014

There is an ad for PT transcription.  I have reviewed past posts but wondering if currently anyone has any advice for working for this company?  Good pay, dictators, etc?  Thanks. ...

Any Comments On Company GTS That Just Posted For MTs?
Aug 28, 2014

a ...