A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

While working in a MS word-based system, - shortcake

Posted: Oct 13, 2009

I keep getting an hourglass flashing every several seconds and it's driving me insane.  Sometimes I even have to type a word over again.  Any idea what this is????

Could be - TMEFG

[ In Reply To ..]
automatic save. My platform is Word based as well (ExText), and it is set up to automatically save every couple of minutes so you are able to recover your work if, say, the power goes out in the middle of a job.

Similar Messages:

Please! Document That Is Word Based?
May 13, 2013

We got notice that we cannot use a document that is word based with the platform we use. I hate to appear that I have no sense at all but I do not have a clue what is meant by document that is word based. Is that Facebook, Yahoo, Google? I need some assistance. Thanks so much! ...

Is Softscript Word-based
Jun 18, 2014

Straight typing in word-based platform? What is their line rate? Any info on this company appreciated. Looking for a major change, hopefully one for the better. ...

Is Fluency A Word Based Program?
Mar 07, 2014

Does anyone know if Fluency is a Word based program. Looking for another job and it seem they all want you to know Word, Excel, Access, etc. I don't know any of those programs but wondered if I could say I know Word based on using Fluency. Any thoughts? Thank you! ...

Shortcut For Windows On A Word-based Platform
Jan 30, 2012

I've used Shortcut for Windows for years always on a Word-based platform.  Now I am using it in SpeechMotion which is not Word based.  I need to know if there is anyway in Shortcut to set up a code to jump where I need to enter text.  I have normal templates in Shortcut and have used an * to indicate a jump-to field.  I had a macro in Word that let me jump to the *, but there is no way to set up a macro in SpeechMotion.  Any help would be appreciated.  ...

Being A Word Based Platform, Can't We Use Character Count
Jun 09, 2012

;) ...

System Down?? I Have Been Working!
Jan 11, 2013

I get into VPN just fine.  I get into Cornerstone and just typed 5 reports, but ran out of work.  I can get into Schedulesource no problem and my Imail.  Interesting.  My CHS region must be a different area entirely and separate from the MModal systems.  Very interesting.  ...

Amphion's Triton Platform. Similar To Escription? Is It Word Based?
Jul 15, 2010

Does it have a built-in expander?  How many lph do you average?  Any info would be great? ...

Is ANYONE At MQ Working On A Window 7 System
Sep 06, 2010

I use my own laptop.  The system runs so slowly.  I have changed my internet from DSL to cable.  I've emptied my cookies and defragged and scanned until my fingers bled.  I'm still slow.  It's either my antique XP laptop or DQS itself. I'm open for suggestions.  My CCM says DQS is not compatible with windows 7, but you know how that goes. ...

Working Directly On EMS System (sm)
Mar 09, 2014

I'm seeing a few ads for transcriptionists/editors to work directly on the facilities EMS system.  I'm wondering if this might be a new trend. It's all about saving money and turnaround.  When it comes to transcription, I think the MT working directly for the client was the most cost effective.  VR failed as they realized a brain was needed to do the necessary editing & formatting.  The MTSO takeover reduced us to slave wages, but they are probably still c ...

System Shut Down When Working
Apr 09, 2014

Does anyone else have this happen???!!! I was working on a horrible report, bad quality, lots to fix. I stopped to go get the mail, make a sandwich. When I got back, it had shut down "after being inactive for one hour" WHAT? I was NOT gone for an hour. This has happened to me before. Now this report that I had spent over 20 minutes on and was just going to recheck it, I get nothing for! ...

Is The System Working. I Dont See Anything At All Coming Through. Nm
May 18, 2015

nm ...

It Stinks That I Won't Be Able To Recover The Document I Was Working On When The System Went Do
Oct 07, 2010

so sad... ...

K&R - What Kind Of System They Use, Word Format, Etc?
May 24, 2011

Anyone know what kind of system they use, word format, etc?  And do they do a lot of VR?  Thank you ...

I Have A Question About Working In Word Sm
Sep 25, 2012

I recently took a job working in word.  I am very frustrated as I can only do 150 lines an hour when I am used to doing 200 to 225 an hour straight typing.  Am I getting cheated or is this the norm for working in word?  It is Mediscribe 6.0.  Help please! ...

Word Client Working??
Jan 05, 2015

mine says account till busy.  Try again later or contact E-mail administrator.  If everyone else is able to get on, could you tell me who our E-mail administrator is?  Our TSM? ...

Changing Font In Word While Working
Jul 08, 2013

I don't know if anyone has struggled with this and can help me.  My eyes are getting worse and worse and I need to increase my font for work.  When I work in Word I know I can change the font through the tools but I have to change it manually every time I start a new document.  Is there a way to make it a default size so I don't have to do it to each document?  It is time consuming and (at least for me) sliding the bar to increase is a hassle with multiple files a d ...

Comments On Working For Adept Word Management?
Nov 04, 2012

Hi all, considering an IC position with Adept. I've done some non-medical transcription before: seminars, interviews, etc., so it's not totally foreign to me. A search here for the company only brings up old reviews. Any info? Thanks!! ...

In Word 2003, My Ctrl+Home Quit Working. Can Anyone Help Me With Getting It
Jul 12, 2011

xx ...

I Am Still Working With Word 2003. How Do I Do An Upgrade To 2007 Or 2010?
Mar 02, 2015

nm ...

Camus System? (computer System)
Dec 26, 2013

I cannot find documentation on this.  The context appears to be the imaging and labs and the doctors have been dictating the system is down.  Thank you for any help! ...

NC Based Companies.
Nov 11, 2011

I am looking for North Carolina based MTSOs.  I know about Fast Chart and Archivus. Just curious as to any more. Trying to make decision about whether to stay in this business or change and would like to work for a company based in my own state.  I am so tired of being 3 hours or more behind where I work and having to wait for answers, help etc from the MTSOs that are across the county or out of the country! ...

Where Is Nuance Based? Nm
Dec 01, 2013

Xx ...

U.S. Based Transcription
Jun 05, 2014

I'm really discouraged with the company I currently work for....so much of the work is being sent to India...Are there any good companies left where you can work, make a decent living, and not sit around your whole shift waiting for work to come trickling in?  If you know of any good companies that are currently hiring....please let me know!!   ...

Frustrated With The BOS 3rd Edition Being Web-based!
Dec 30, 2009

The pdf electronic version of BOS-2 was so handy and easy to use.  Wonder what made them decide to do away with that & make it to where you have to open a browser, find the link, sign in, find the BOS page, etc., for the 3rd edition.  It's so much more time-consuming, not to mention the search feature doesn't work nearly as well as the BOS-2 pdf version.  For the first time ever, I can't wait for the 4th edition because surely nobody likes this & they will g ...

Is Focus Infomatics Really US-based Now?
Jan 29, 2010

A former manager of mine from "brand X MTSO" (in reality, a very dear friend now) got thrown under the bus.  She knows how "QBay" does.  She is considering an MT or QA job for Focus Infomatics.  Focus claims to not offshore, and has offered my friend 8 cpl.  That sounds terribly lame wage wise for all that experience. When I couldn't drink the MQ Kool-Aid anymore, I was making a whopping 9 cpl.  Of course, try doing the math on that formula come payday.   Jus ...

Web-based Transcription Platform?
Nov 23, 2010

What exactly is someone referring to when they say "web-based transcription platform"? Are they referring to the program that the company uses to receive/pull/send audio files? ...

MD IN TOUCH Based In Florida
Jan 21, 2011

Does anyone have any info on MD In Touch based in Florida.  TIA ...

PAY BASED ON 50-CHARACTER LINE
Aug 04, 2011

I WAS OFFERED A POSITION AT A COMPANY I CANNOT NAME AT 0.076 CPL WITH A LINE BASED ON 50 CHARACTERS, ALL TYPING, NO VR.  DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS WOULD BE EQUAL TO ON A 65-CHARACTER LINE?  IS THIS AN ACCEPTABLE PAY AS I HAVE NEVER USED A 50-CHARACTER LINE BEFORE? ...

Going Rate For Home-based MT
Sep 12, 2011

Anyone know the going rate for home-based MTs. Also, do any other than Webmedx provide a computer to use? ...

Looking For Home-based MT Equipment
Nov 30, 2011

I am looking to transcribe at home but need to start with basics such as phone line, equipment, etc. Has anyone ever set up a 1-line dictator setup. Where do I start? What do I need? Doctor has no idea. He has Dragon and does not like it so wants me to transcribe at  home? HELP!! ...