A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I am still working with Word 2003. How do I do an upgrade to 2007 or 2010? - nm

Posted: Mar 02, 2015

nm

Windows - 2007

[ In Reply To ..]
Lots of luck on 2007; I bought a new computer less than two years ago through the discount program at the hospital I worked for and Dell said they no longer provided Windows 7 and stuck me with Windows 8. My computer guy had to go look for a Windows 7 disk to DOWNGRADE more or less; Best Buy had it but had a few disks left. So my guy installed Windows 7 and uninstalled Windows 8 (which I despise).

So IOW would it be better for me to upgrade from 2003 to 2010? - This stuff is way out of my league.(sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
and I found links to "up" grade to 2007, free, but I'm wondering if it really is free, or will I have to buy a disk?

Word 2010 - Emma

[ In Reply To ..]
I used the Digitsoft Store for my download of Word 2010 Professional Version for 139.99 back in November 2014. Hope this helps.

Upgrading - Windows 7

[ In Reply To ..]
Personally, I don't trust anything that's "free." Also, can you be absolutely sure it is a trustworthy site? I think it is about $150 a year to contract with Microsoft for one year, which I did and you could check if that $150 would include an upgrade. At least that is a trustworthy site.

Word 2003 upgrade - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have an XP Pro desktop and a Windows 7 Pro desktop, both Dell refurbished business type machines (Dell 745 and Dell 760), both purchased online from Comp USA. I have Microsoft Office 2003 with Word 2003. I found an upgrade disk to Word 2007 on eBay. It could only be installed over a licensed version of Word 2003 (which mine was). If you install the upgrade disk, you can't keep both versions. Word 2007 will install and remove Word 2003. I am allowed to use my upgrade disk 2 or 3 times. Still using Word 2003 at my current job on the Windows 7 because I'm more familiar with it.

Please read this - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
There is a significant difference between Word and Windows. People are replying about both. Yes, both are produced by Microsoft but Windows is the operating system your computer uses the same as Android is an operating system a lot of phones use or OS X is the operating system Apple uses. Word is a word processing program. Secondly, there is no free upgrade. Microsoft would not be a huge company and Bill Gates would not be worth 60 billion if they gave it away free.

Completely confused - gonesoon

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, I'm completely confused. I can't figure out if my computer is compatible or not for the new email system. I have Windows 7 and IE8, but then according to the attachment, I need to have at least outlook 2007, which I DON'T have. I have office 2003 and outlook 2003 because that is what TT downloaded onto my computer so I could work on my account. And, I can't get into outlook 2003, because I don't understand the directions from the "wizard" on how to set it up. I need chocolate.

Yeah, like anybody is going to buy Office 365 - to communicate with IMEDX!

[ In Reply To ..]
xx
or are they saying you need those specifications - to access their Office 365?
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
Forget that. - My paychecks
[ In Reply To ..]
from them aren't even enough to afford to upgrade from my Outlook 2003.
No one is asking you to buy Office 365 - It is available as an online program
[ In Reply To ..]
Please see my reply below... "If you are an MT at iMedX..." for more info.

Hope this helps :)
Office 365 - I dont think it is free
[ In Reply To ..]
But you have to pay to use it online....It is an annual fee.

TT, meaning TransTech? (sm) - Nancy

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you mean you just got hired by TransTech that just laid off hundreds(?) of people?
"Hundreds"....hahahahaha! - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
!
tt - gonesoon
[ In Reply To ..]
No, no, been with them for a little 2-1/2 years. Just confused by the e-mail some of us got from IT as to what version we need of office and outlook in order to receiving e-mails from them in the future, as in near future. I have the operating system that is supposedly required, but according to the attachment that came along with it, the version of office that was downloaded to my home PC 2 years ago by TransTech is too old, so waiting to see what happens. I found directions to set up outlook 2003 to receive office365 e-mails, but will wait and see if I did the correct thing. If not and there is no way to get e-mails, I may be gone a lot sooner than I figured.
It's not as if the $ you spend on that software - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
could be made in less than a month's time.. :(

If you are an MT at iMedX... - you will not be using Outlook on your desktop.

[ In Reply To ..]
Only the employees who have emails ending in .com will be using the Outlook program on their desktop, which is likely just the administrative staff and not the MTs. I think most all MTs at iMedX have .net as their address. Anyone with .net for their address will still have to access iMedX email online via the Office 365 program, which is basically just like the online Outlook (both Microsoft programs), only it's not directly accessed on your PC desktop like we used to do when we used Outlook on our desktops (before the SquirrelMail came along...smh).

The only thing you need to worry about (if you are a .net address) is that you have the correct version of Windows (Vista, 7, etc.) and the correct version of Internet Explorer (IE7, IE8, etc.). Just go by what that email said to verify your versions of Windows and IE. You will not be required to purchase anything. All versions of Windows are listed in that email, including even Vista and XP I think, so it's just a matter of making sure that your version of Windows has the correct corresponding version of Internet Explorer (IE) installed - so that you can access email online.

Those people who have .com as their iMedX email address will be able to use Outlook on their PCs to receive emails - which is the biggest bunch of crap I've ever heard, but it is what it is I guess.

Hope that helps ;)

This might work - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.technetmicro.com/Microsoft-Office-2010-Home-and-Business--PKC_p_141.html

I found this... - gonesoon

[ In Reply To ..]

https://support.office.com/en-za/article/Set-up-Outlook-2003-for-POP-or-IMAP-access-to-your-email-account-

by googling "will outlook 2003 work with office365"

I followed the directions, and it SEEMS my outlook 2003 is set up to accept office365 now. At least, I was getting the options the instructions said I would. It said only 1 or 3 tasks was completeted, but the other 2 tasks may be what iMedX has to do. If not, I've made a nice mess!

2003 version does work with the new system. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
- no need to change

Is this post in regard to the IMEDX email - or is it another employment?

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

The OP was asking about Word, not Windows - You cannot upgrade from 2003 to 2010...

[ In Reply To ..]

If you went the upgrade route, you would first have to upgrade to 2007 and then upgrade to 2010.  There is no upgrade that goes from 2003 directly to 2010.  I decided not to go the upgrade route and just went straight to the full version of 2010.  A product out of the box bought from a store can run you in the hundreds of dollars depending on where you buy it, but I got lucky and found it on either eBay or Amazon - I can't remember now.

You don't receive disks like you would in a store, rather it is a link to download the full program directly from Microsoft (which anyone can do for free).  What you are paying for is the product key code that you need to activate the program.  I got my code key and the download link for Office 2010 Professional Plus for about $40.  I saved the download they sent to a CD and also a flash drive just in case I ever had a crash, etc., so that I can reinstall it.  The 2010 I bought can only be installed on one PC, but I did note other items that allowed up to 3 downloads on different computers (for a higher price).

I was trepidatious about buying just a link and product code key online, but I always closely review the seller's ratings before I ever buy anything from eBay or Amazon, and I have never had to ask for a refund on any of my purchases over the years.  This particular seller emailed me with the instructions and a full guarantee if the product key code didn't work.  But it did work and for $40, I have a legal full version of Office 2010 now!  

I wish I could remember the seller's name and whether it was bought on eBay or Amazon, but these types of offers are out there.  Just takes a little research.  With both eBay and Amazon, they have moneyback guarantees, so even though I was apprehensive, I knew if it didn't work, I would get my money back.  

Good luck!  

Similar Messages:

Anyone Know Where To Get MS Word, 2003, 2007 Or 2010?
Feb 14, 2013

I have searched all over and can't find it.  I don't want the whole office package, just MS Word.  Thanks for your help! ...

Needing To Upgrade From Word 2003 To At Least 2007. However, In Researching ... SM
Jan 04, 2015

prices and features, it seems like 2007 is not as well liked as 2010. Does anyone have an opinion on either of these, and what is best used for MT?  I work on ChartScript, MedRite XL, and I-Scriptor.   I'm kind of leaning toward 2010, and I found a good price at the link below. Would love for someone to look and see if it seems legitimate. http://shop.advantageittech.com/Microsoft-Office-Professional-Plus-2010-Download-MSO10DL.htm   Thanks for all your help! ...

Is It Possible To Upgrade Microsoft Word 2000 To Word 2003?
Jul 01, 2010

I have Microsoft Word 2003. Is it possible to upgrade it online to Word 2003? A company I worked for for a short time did it. If it's possible, can someone give me the link? I looked on Microsoft.com but don't see it. ...

Word 2003 Versus 2010
Feb 15, 2013

Just wondering if anyone has made the switch from 2003 to 2010 yet.  Wondering if there are a lot of differences and how much of a learning curve?  Thanks! ...

MT Using Word 2007 Or 2003
Apr 02, 2010

Are most MT employers using Using Word 2007 or Word 2003? Word 2010 is out in June. Would the MT industry upgrade quickly to Word 2010 or does it usually take a few years? ...

Word 2003 To 2007
Apr 18, 2013

Does anyone know where I can buy my own copy of Word 2003 to 2007 for a reasonable price?? ...

NEED MS Word 2007 Or 2010
Sep 13, 2013

Does anyone know where I can get MS Word 2007 or 2010 CHEAP?  The company I am hiring on with requires these versions.  Can't be the student or home versions either.  I have upgraded my computer to their requirements and that cost me an arm and a leg and now I need to get the correct MS Word program installed.  I simply can't afford much.  I've been without work too long in this rapidly declining profession I've been in for 30 years.  I'm ki ...

MS Word 2007 Or 2010
Apr 13, 2014

I need to purchase this online with an instant download but all the different sites are so confusing and I'm afraid to get scammed.  Has anyone ever had to download this and where did you get it from? Help please! ...

DESPIRATELY NEED HELP NOW - Upgrade Word 2002 To 2003
Nov 07, 2012

I need to upgrade Word 2002 to Word 2003 a half hour ago for my appointment to have the platform installed for a new job.  I can't find this on Microsoft and have been searching for a half hour online.  Anyone know where I can find the upgrade to 2003? THANK YOU!! ...

Microsft Word - How To Go From 2010 To 2007?
Mar 07, 2011

I have MS Word 2010, but all the jobs I have applied for require Word 2003 or 2007.  How can I change my version of Word (I am assuming I would have to buy MS Word 2003 or 2007)?  Or is it possible to have two versions on my computer? ...

Need Spellcheck For Word 2007/2010
Jul 01, 2014

Hi, I need to have a medical spellcheck with Word 2007/2010.  Has anyone used the eMedTools one?  I am afraid to download w/o some references.   I do not need an extensive one.   Link below is to the eMedTools I found. If not, do you know of any other ones, preferably free.  Rather not spend $100 right now. Thanks in adavnce!  :) ...

Word 2007 Or 2010 Update
Dec 05, 2014

Need to upgrade my microsoft word to 2007 or 2010 for a new position but I haven't worked since June so money is really really right.  Where can I buy it really cheap (I just need word not the whole office) or does anyone have an extra CD I could borrow. ...

Reputable Place To Buy Word 2003 Or 2007
Jan 15, 2013

Looking at starting with a company which uses only the older versions of Word, and I'm not sure which sites/companies are safe to buy from.  Thanks for any help! ...

Very Desperate For Word 2010 Or 2007 NOT Student/academic
Mar 20, 2012

Anybody Use Word 2007 Or 2010 Home & Student With EScription V10?
Aug 14, 2013

Thanks ...

Will Stedman's 2007 Spellchecker Work With Windows 7 And MS Word 2010? Sm
Sep 14, 2012

I'm considering updating my computer and presently have a Dorland's Medical Spellchecker Version 3.0.  I'd actually like to use this if it will work but, if not, I'm wondering if the Stedman's 2007 will work with 2010.  ...

Word 2007 - Stedman's Spellchecker 2010 - Unable To Add Words To Dictionary
Mar 23, 2015

Using Word 2007.  Installed Stedmans Spellchecker 2010 . Test shows the speller is working.  Upon spell checking document it does not allow me to add words to the dictionary. That option is grayed out. I've followed instructions found online to correct this in Word but that does not solve the problem.  I had EditScript downloaded to my PC , but have not used it yet.  I wonder if EditScript disabled this feature in Word?   ...

In Word 2003, My Ctrl+Home Quit Working. Can Anyone Help Me With Getting It
Jul 12, 2011

xx ...

Is There A Way To Transfer Autocorrect For Word 2003 To Another Computer Using Word 2003?
Dec 08, 2010

?? ...

Word 2010 - Change My Font And Spacing In Word 2010
May 09, 2015

I have to change my font and spacing in Word 2010. How do you change it so that it takes the settings for every document I create. I want it defaulted to Times New Roman and it keeps bringing up Calibri. Thanks for any help! ...

MS Office 2007 Or 2010. Anyone Have To Purchase This Lately?
Apr 08, 2014

Hi! I need to purchase this software to start a new MT job immediately. It cannot be the trial or the student version.  I am wondering if anyone else has had to purchase this recently?  I am hoping to find a discounted one somewhere, and I'm hoping someone might have a ligit link??  Thanks!! ...

Changing From Office 2007 To 2003 And How To Save Autocorrect For That.
Jun 12, 2011

I am currently running microsoft professional 2007 and will be changing to MS professional 2003 due to a job change.  I did some searches on how to copy my current auto-text (but sounds too confusing to me) and transfer to MS professional 2003.  Is there a way to do this that is not too complicated to explain?  Also, I do not have a flash drive, so can I copy this on a CD and then transfer to 2003.  Thanks for any help. ...

Importing Bayscribe Word Expander Into Word 2010 Autocorrect
Jun 25, 2015

Is there a way to import or convert my Bayscribe word expander file (thousands of entries) into 2010 MS Word's autocorrect and/or dictionary?  Thank you. ...

Changing From Word 2000 To Word 2003
Oct 19, 2009

I will be changing from Word 2000 to Word 2003 and have a few questions.  I am not that great at figuring tech stuff out so hopefully someone will be able to help me.  Will changing from 2000 to 2003 affect anything on my computer at all, i.e., will all my other software work okay.  I rely on my PC Shorthand expander and my electronic Stedman's books, plus how about my Stedman's medical spellchecker, will they all work the same or do I need to do anything to make sure th ...

AutoCorrect From Word 2003 To Word Perfect 12
Aug 10, 2012

I'm using both Word 2003 and WP12 and am looking to transfer/copy my auto correct/quick words from Word into WP - any suggestions? ...

Need To Convert Word 2013 To Word 2010
May 20, 2014

The MTSO that has hired me needs me to have Office 2010 Professional, whereas I have Office 2013 Professional.  They said the only reason 2013 won't work is because of the Word version.  I remember sometime back that there was a way to set your Word version to a previous version with the push of a button.  I've searched the internet for clues, but all I see are instructions for converting 2007 to 2003.  Nothing about converting 2013 to 2010.  If I can't ge ...

WORD 2010 - Right Click On A Word For Search
Jul 09, 2014

This may be one of those, "well, everybody knows that," or not? In my system: When in Word 2010 if you right click on a word a drop down pops up and you can click on "look up" and it goes to the internet and looks up these words and gives info in a box on the right.  Very helpful. ...

Word 2003 And Latest Word
Jan 11, 2012

Have a new computer with windows 7.  Haven't set it up yet.  Can I install word 2003 and also whatever the latest word is (2007?).  Should one be installed before the other?   My computer tech retired and haven't found a new one yet.  Thanks for any info.  ...

WORD 2003 Help Please
Nov 23, 2009

My Word has begun to take forever to open and also to save reports.  I am thinking perhaps the program has been corrputed and think perhaps I need to over-load the program again.  Will this delete my spell-check dictionary and autocorrect entries?  I have been trying to figure out how to back them up just in case, but have been unlucky in this regard.  The Microsoft site gives instructions to back up autocorrect, but the files in program files are not there as they state th ...

Need MS Word 2003
Dec 11, 2011

Hello, I have been fortunate enough to be offered a new MT position with an MTSO that needs me to have MS Word 2003 available.  I have the trials of Word 07 and Word 10 right now, but neither of these are compatible with this new MTSO's software.  It needs to be Word 2003.  I'm having a hard time finding Word 03 anywhere on the web.  But I am sure it is legitimately accessible somewhere, at least for a 30- or 60-day trial. Could anyone recommend a way I could acqu ...