A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I guess now I know why SoftScript gets so many negative posts. sm - Starving at SS

Posted: Nov 27, 2010

In the past 2 days, I have done a total of 300 lines.  I know that things are slow with the holidays, but this is past the point of slow.  I have NEVER had a holiday this lean nor have I worked with people who seem to care so little.  I do not have a direct supervisor yet, despite their claims that they are working on assigning production managers, so I do not even know who to talk with about this situation.  Most of the time if I send an e-mail, it goes unanswered.  I feel invisible.  I was offered jobs with Amphion, Precyse, and AssistMed before I so unwisely chose this position, but then again perhaps they are no better.   And of course the kicker is that while I'm sitting here with no work, they are advertising all over the place again/still. 

Softscript now joins the list!! The list is long - AT

[ In Reply To ..]
One poster here said about acting professional and she was a "professional" when it came to accepting the fact that the company was laying off!! How does one act when your livelihood is in jeopardy and you are struggling? Maybe people who have all the answers need to teach us when we are out of work.

Holidays ARE slow - LT-MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Hospitals ARE slow inherently during a holiday. Are you doing clinic or hospital? Clinics should be wiped out with ZERO available. Hospitals - Admissions are down due to the economy, so there are likely less elective procedures, admissions, etc.

I don't think I'd judge just yet or panic until you get to next Wednesday and are still getting no work. Historically from Thanksgiving to Christmas, things just aren't hopping.

I understand that, but not THIS slow. I could always keep trying all day and at least sm - Starving at SS

[ In Reply To ..]
eke out at least 500 lines or more, during the slowest times. To only have 300 lines in 2 days (and nothing so far today) during my scheduled times of work just does not work, especially when they continue to advertise for more MTs. And the fact that they ignore my e-mails does not bode well either. I doubt they would look too kindly on me if I just took a week off with no notice, but it seems okay to just ask me to go a week with no pay. My rent is due on the 1st. Guess I can just tell them what I have been told ... the work will come back ... some day.

Yes, the economy is tough, but when you boast that you are the company that cares about the American MT and are supposedly gaining more and more accounts, then to callously turn your back on those begging for work is unacceptable.

Transcription Industry - greed

[ In Reply To ..]
If you had gone to Amphion it probably would not have been any better. I got a paycheck for 70.00 for 2 weeks. They made changes and it was only OK before the changes. You start one place and then everything changes. They send you equipment but don't send all parts (time not working). They are certainly not all they portray themselves to be. When you need tech help they want you to call your "team lead" rather than calling tech support. What the ****, who is tech support or, rather, who do they think they are, BILL GATES. I haven't seen any "real money" in this industry since 2003. Prior to 2004 I was accustomed to making 2200-2700 every 2 weeks. Those days are apparently gone. Account mangers who have never transcribed a word much less a report (any type). The sell outs to to other races, (dictaphone to focus infomatices and Lanier to medquest. I highly doubt these countries would sale to Americans, white or black!! WE NEVER LEARN. AMERICAN GREED DESCRIBES THIS INDUSTRY!!!!

Ignorance? - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
"The sell outs to to other races"

Are you frickin' kidding me? Did you honestly say that? Do you honestly BELIEVE that?

W O W

Are you referring to Amphion in particular or just to MT in general? - Sorry your post confuses me

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sorry, but it looked like you started to discuss Amphion, but then degenerated into a State of the Union address about MTing in general.

Color me confused, but can you clarify a bit? And, obviously, you're correct about it not being 2003 and prior any more. We've all had to make adjustments to flow with the industry or switch to another source of income if we can't keep up with the changes.

I worked Thanksgiving and had ONE job all day... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm at Amphion. Thank God for good insurance b/c that's the only thing worth it. I missed T day travel b/c I had to work and I didn't even make enough to buy 1 can of green beans. Sheesh!

Thanksgiving 1 job (logged in for almost 8 hours)
Black Friday 23 jobs
Saturday 10 jobs

It is s-l-o-w everywhere.

I'll bet it's not "slow" in INDIA. - Quizzical

[ In Reply To ..]

Worked T-giving and not one job - grouch

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for Amphion too,and thought I'd do good and cover Thanksgiving for those who wanted off. They kept begging for this account to be covered and not one single job came thru... what a waste of my time. Worked yesterday too and only had three jobs. Knowing this company, I'll get chewed out for something tho.

Grouch - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
If you sat there waiting for work, you need to be paid. Just ask the Labor Board. Make 'em pay!

Wonderful people at Amphion but slow there too - AmphionMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Really slow on both of my accounts there right now, but presumably due to the holiday season. Really nice people there though and you don't feel like just a number on a list.

I hope things pick up quickly for all of us that are slow right now; hopefully, the 3 or so weeks between now and Christmas will be bursting at the seams with work!

Amphion is awesome!! - MTingforlife

[ In Reply To ..]
I love Amphion, work may have slowed down a little bit over the Thanksgiving holiday, but it was welcomed, because I was tired of working so much extra! Anyone feel free to contact me directly.

It has been extremely slow for me too. Fortunately, tonight seems to be better. sm - LTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have only worked at SS for about a month and a half, so I do not know what is the norm for them. I have been frustrated too sometimes with what seems to be a lack of communication or response, but I'm trying to hang in there and hope it gets better. If I can get my lines in, I'll be happy. Fortunately, I have a 2nd job, so that helps, although it is clinic work, so that is zero work the last couple of days. Just another reason for me to be glad when the holidays are OVER.

Good luck!

And the little work there is you can't type because the server is down - starstruck

[ In Reply To ..]
Again with the server issues! Rarely does a day go by without some kind of problem. Even if you're bright-eyed and ready to type, the system is down so you can't work until it's fixed, and that can range from 20 minutes to whenever. As for emails, I get plenty of them. Unfortunately, they are always about how the server is down.

Starving at SS - Lee

[ In Reply To ..]
Soft Script is the "take a number and wait" company. Every time I would e-mail for help I would get a canned reply "your correspondence has been assigned a number, please us this number...etc." So when I quit and they asked me via email if I was giving 2 weeks' notice, it was all I could do to keep from saying: "your request has been assigned a number, please refer to this number....." All I can say good about them is that the checks were on time.

Similar Messages:

Softscript - So Many Negative Posts
Oct 28, 2009

I see so many negative posts about SoftScript and I'm wondering what the problems are with this company. What are some other better companies to work for (full time) and why? Just curious.   ...

Negative Posts
Jan 02, 2010

I honestly don't understand all the negative MTs on here.  It is very unprofessional to come on here and slam your company.  I have been an MT for over 10 years and have always made enough money and I'm proud of what I do and love the money I make, all while working from home.  I think most of these negative people are just people who aren't cut out for this profession and I wish they would realize that and go find something else to do.  Why would you put your ...

Negative Posts On Here About Southern Transcription
Mar 27, 2014

I see the negative posts on here about Southern Transcription but was wondering how long ago you worked for them.   I guess I am just hoping things may have improved since then.  I am about to be one of many swallowed up by Nuance and I can't imagine any other MT company being much worse from what I read on the Nuance board.   Thanks in advance for any information. ...

Reading Frequent Negative Posts About Keystrokes
Jun 26, 2010

I have been reading frequent negative posts about Keystrokes recently.    I had always heard positive things about Keystrokes  in the past and I was initially excited to  join them; however  I was  more glad to leave.   I  have never had any contact with upper manangement so I have no comment there.  However, I had always read such positive things about their "caring" "helping"  etc and I did not find this to be true.   I  also found much deception.   I may sound naive but I was ...

Can We All Take A Time-out On The Personal And Negative Posts On This Site?
Jan 16, 2012

It's so difficult to continue reading this site when the negativity and personal attacks have become rampant. One has to sift through the garbage to get to any real informative posts and it's getting out of control. Someone is upset about the negative posts and then she goes on a tirade of name calling directed at the negative poster, and thus becomes an even bigger looking jerk in the process. I don't know what the answer is...maybe we can try to concentrate on the post rather t ...

SoftScript Is One Of The Smaller MTSO's But Has The Most Negative Feedback
Apr 03, 2013

nm ...

SOFTSCRIPT MONITORS THESE POSTS!!!
Jan 30, 2015

WARNING!!!  SoftScript monitors these posts!!!  Check out Gigi's comment below!!!  Maybe they would have happy employees if they spent more time on their business and less time on these boards!!! ...

Judging From Posts I Have Seen, OTI And SoftScript Advertise But Have No Work. Any Others? Sm
Feb 28, 2011

I see Transcend advertises a lot too -- are they one of the offenders?  I would rather know upfront than waste my time applying. ...

Apprehension Test Is Negative. *Falk* Sign Is Negative. Speed Test Is Negative. Thanx. Nm
Nov 30, 2011

nm ...

His Hips Have Symmetric Abduction. Galeazzi Is Negative. Provocative Exam (s/l V-CHIP) Is Negative
Dec 04, 2011

TIA :-) ...

Negative McMurray. Negative S/l Rosling Or Roswing
Feb 28, 2013

Negative McMurray.  Negative s/l Rosling or Roswing ...

Stupid Ortho - Negative Spurling, Negative S/l "ver Meets"
Nov 13, 2009

thanks for any help! ...

ORTHO HELP: Negative [s/l Fair] Sign, Negative Fabere Sign?
Jun 02, 2012

OK.....   It's an orthopedic chart note. Patient has a chief complaint of  hip pain. Dictated: He has a negative [s/l fair, fairs, varus?] sign, a negative fabere sign. It doesn't sound like fadir; I'm not hearing that "d." I already had to leave two medication blanks and hate to leave another one for an orthopedic sign that I feel like I should know! Thank you in advance for your help and ideas!   ...

Pt Has Negative Froment's Sign And Negative S/l Jean Sign.
Sep 14, 2010

x ...

Negative Finkelstein's. Negative "CMC Gram." Not Sure On This, Anyone?? TIA!
Dec 02, 2014

nm ...

Can Anybody Guess
Jan 04, 2012

Just came across this VR interpretation.  Can anybody guess what the doc was really saying "History of pepperoni she abandoned" ...

I Guess We Will Need At Least
Mar 09, 2014

Because the second TAA petition is about to expire, and as soon as we all get laid off, then we can get back to school.   ...

Guess What, Another Incentive, Oh Boy!!
Oct 23, 2009

This is getting to be a regular thing.  Barely enough work to go around in my BOB as it is! ...

To All The Newbies And I Guess All MQ MT's.
Jan 23, 2010

I have been with MQ, well. . . , FOREVER unfortunately.  I found out about the board when I was googling something about Medquist about 2-1/2 years ago.  How did you all find out about this board! ...

Anybody Want To Guess What This Is Supposed To Say?
May 03, 2010

He received supplemental oxygen and anti manic amputations by EMS. ...

Guess I Am Not Leaving
Jun 25, 2010

Got an E-mail (isn't that personal, but better than nothing, I guess) that my old hospital has decided not to fill the position "at this time," but will keep my resume for future reference.  New clothes, pedicure, and a lot of stress for nothing.  So my MQ job is looking a lot better today. . .  Maybe next time.  ...

Can Nobody Even Venture A Guess As To Why
Dec 01, 2011

a company would do that???????? ...

Take A Guess At This ASR Miss
Jan 05, 2012

ASR says: He was seen in "twelfth" 2011.   Anyone care to guess what "twelfth" means? ...

Guess I Am Not One Of The Chosen Few
Mar 07, 2012

E-mail says 300 MTs chosen to attend the webcast.  If you haven't received an invitation, you're not in.  Curious to see what the 300 have to say... ...

I Guess I'll Just Be Glad For One More Day
Sep 15, 2012

MModal didn't cut my pay this week, I haven't been thrown into the cesspool yet, I haven't been put on QA review (yet) and I have plenty of work.  So we'll see what tomorrow brings. ...

I Guess I'm Stuck In MT
Jan 03, 2013

I failed another interview yesterday, and I'm not going to do anymore interviews.  When they start asking stuff like, how does your experience as a medical transcriptionist translate to this particular job, I'm stumped.  Among other questions. I have started building some other skills (like Excel), but I always end up looking like a complete idiot.  So I'm just gonna stick with MT until it goes away and then I'll go to the unemployment office and mayb ...

I Lucked Out I Guess
Dec 17, 2014

I figured mine on Friday the old way and just checked my new one to approve and it is the same as it would have been on old pay scale.  Holding my breath for the next week.  So ridiculous.  ...

They Are Forcing Us To Guess At Words So Not To
Mar 02, 2010

exceed the submission rate.  That will stop once the client starts reading the reports and sees all the errors.  Seems like it would invalidate their contract with MQ.  Maybe we should stop sending reports to QA, just guess at everything.  Our defense would be that we were forced to do this.  ...

I Need Help. Doctor Says D As In Mary, Guess I'll
Mar 26, 2010

leave a blank, but will probably be blamed for that. ...

I Guess We Now Dictate With Our Family
May 11, 2010

I just had an idiot dictating with what sounded like his whole family in the background, foreground, everyground.  Two young girls talking and giggling and then saying goodbye to each other.  Daughter talking to mother.  Some kind of beeping noise like a piece of heavy equipment backing up....beep, beep, beep, beep.  Dictator just yapping away.  How inconsiderate!!!!  Okay, I'm done.  ...