A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does anyone know about Cardus, Inc? - Really POd

Posted: Dec 16, 2013

I just applied and was hoping for some insight into the company. Never heard of them before, but I'm desperate!  Thanks in advance.

Cardus - MTAZ

[ In Reply To ..]
You could do worse and if you are desperate then go with them and you can always keep looking. They got a new account and I guess it is rather sizable, so there should be work. I worked briefly for them, but I only did radiology on the weekends. Hated working 7 days a week. I had another MT job, so quit. When they got this new account, I considered going back, but believe it or not, I like the company I work for! Go figure??????

Cardus - Beary

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm rather confused by the word "desperate" being thrown around in the inquires about Cardus. Is this really that bad a place to work, if so would anyone mind telling why. I was thinking about applying here, but don't want to waste my time doing so if I'm going to be disappointed. Do they have any acute care accounts, VR, how is management there? Just looking for a right fit. What made me interested in them was that you don't seem to hear much about them, (sort of a low-keyed company) which tells me people must be happy there - I could be wrong though. Would appreciate any input on this company.

Beary, I'm only desperate to get out of my current job ASAP. - Really POd

[ In Reply To ..]
Just never heard of Cardus before.

Thanks MTAZ! Glad it was something good! - Really POd

[ In Reply To ..]
~~

Cardus ad on the Job Seeker's board - WorkingMom

[ In Reply To ..]
I was curious about them until I read the advertisement...

Monday thru Sunday - 6a-12p MST ???

LOL!

I've never heard of them before, though, so I'm not much help. Just thought the (hopefully?) typo in their ad was funny.

Maybe that refers to a window of time to - complete the work?

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm just venturing a guess here, but maybe they have that window of time when work is available, or perhaps that covers the window of time the MT has to turn the work around?

Hmmmmm.

no - they are strictly 8-hr shift work on schedules. - probably a mistake.

[ In Reply To ..]
strictly as in strict about schedules. And weekends are hard to hire for so if you take them - you'll have them forever.

Cardus - MTAZ Again

[ In Reply To ..]
I am in contact with an MT who still works for Cardus and she has positive things to say; especially about the new accounts they have acquired. Now with that said, all companies have problems. When I worked for Cardus, other than the weekend thing, I found their software horribly outdated and slow and clunky, but I guess this new account is in FutureNet, (but don't quote me). The pay was always on time and it was DD; pay was so-so, nothing great, but not horrible either. They seem somewhat flexible. I do know a lot of MTs applied; over 200, so there are a lot of part time people. I don't know if it is FIFO or not. They do acute care and have VR and radiology. Anyway, I would give it a shot, no harm, no foul. Sometimes, ya just need a job. As for a good fit, I feel I have that now with the company I work for, but it has it's moments! My solution, buy lotto tickets! LOL.

Cardus pay - Minimal

[ In Reply To ..]
I disagree with the post about the money being so-so, unless you figure less than min wage is so-so. I worked there about a year ago on some office accounts and you could not believe the hoops you had to jump through to get one report transcribed. There was so much "clerical/secretarial duties" it was unbelievable. I had a check for two weeks that was around $150.00 and that was for full time. I would stay clear of this place; it ain't that great, not that any of them are, but you will spend a lot of time doing "free work."

Cardus is India-owned with office space in Michigan - this radiology sector is subcontracted by FutureN

[ In Reply To ..]
This 'small' sector of Cardus used to be Valentine Transcription, a one-woman operation out of Colorado bought up by Cardus somewhere along the line. When they lost a huge radiology account to VR, this small conglomeration subcontracted to do FutureNet accounts. (FN another nightmare.) They are not growing - Future Net is.

There is no designated "recruiter", that's the manager, supervisor, and everything else it takes to run their sedgwick...and she's not very good in that driver's seat, IMO.

Cardus India owned - MTME

[ In Reply To ..]
I was surprised to read that Cardus is India owned. I knew about Valentine and some of the MTs are so OCD about the doctors who dictate who were with St. A's (in Denver), you cannot believe it. I hear ya about the "recruiter." Really! She is just what you described. Fast talker and not a helper in any sense of the word; only out for herself. I don't really understand the FutureNet thing, nor do I care to. Again these companies have more loop holes than you can shake a stick at. Do you they have India based MTs like M*Modal? Just curious, don't really care. I wouldn't be applying there, that's for sure.

it's a half breed actually... - seabiscuit

[ In Reply To ..]
There was little Valentine, really small. Then this software company from India moved here and Cardus was born, bought Valentine.

Future net is basically the same type of foundtion but not sure where they came from originally. Both specialize in the software and make their bundle on selling that - and as a sidebar, take on their transcription. When I was there, the radiology accounts would sign on and soon go full VR, and there we sat waiting for FN to find us something else.

According to below - Cardus just bought up another MTSO's accounts and these ads may not be for work subcontracted through FutureNet at all. But - how long before that goes VR too. Seems to be the pattern with either company, or branch, or (you are right) loop hole.

February 1, 1983 � Valentine Transcribing Services, Inc. was founded in Colorado.
August, 1998 � Vennar Soft Systems Pvt Ltd was founded in Bangalore, India.
May, 2000 � Protranz Software was Launched by Vennar Software team
June 1, 2002 � Vennar Soft, US office was founded in Farmington Hills Michigan.
April, 2005 � HIPAA certificate awarded to Vennar Soft.
June 26, 2008 � Cardus, was founded in Farmington Hills Michigan.
August 6, 2008 � Cardus, buys Valentine Transcribing Services, Inc.
January, 2010 � Vennar Soft, is voted Best Small Business Company in Farmington Hills, MI.
March, 2010 � Vennar Soft and Cardus merge Companies.
January, 2011 � Cardus, is voted Best Small Business Company in Farmington Hills, MI.
February, 2011 � Cardus enters partnership with FutureNet.
January, 2012 � Cardus, is voted Best Small Business Company in Farmington Hills, MI.
February, 2012 � Cardus, buys Oakland Transcription in Michigan.

Similar Messages:

Cardus Rad Sm
Sep 27, 2014

Just curious does anyone actually work for this company and has anyone ever gotten a response back when sending resume?  Thanks! ...

How Much Does Cardus Pay Per Report For QA? Anyone Know?
Mar 01, 2013

I am curious if there are any QA out there that work for Cardus.  They said they pay per report.  I am wondering how much they pay per report before I apply if I can find anyone who is aware of this. ...

Cardus Radiology Pay Anyone?
Apr 23, 2014

Does anyone know what Cardus pays for Radiology?  Says experience and shift, but if anyone works on Radiology there, could you let me know the rate of pay?  I guess it is straight transcription. ...

Cardus In Michigan
Jul 15, 2014

Does anyone currently work for Cardus in Michigan and if so, can you please tell me how it is to work for this company? Thank you! ...

Do Not Work For Cardus
Aug 28, 2014

Do not work for Cardus.  Their management style is the worst.  They play favorites and if you are not on "the list" you do not get lines.  They claim to have a lot of work, but you run out frequently and will not train you on other accounts where there is much work to be done. ...

Cardus Information Wanted
Jul 15, 2013

Am thinking of applying with Cardus.  Most recent info is from January 2013 that I can find here.  Anybody with anything new or anything to add about them?  Re:  Rates, enough work, good people, etc.? Anything at this point will be welcomed.  Thanks much. ...

Anyone Familiar With Cardus, Inc In Michigan?
Jul 22, 2013

. ...

Cardus Advertising For Radiology MTs
Jan 13, 2015

I have seen ads several times on here for Cardus advertising for radiology MTs.  I have applied several times and never heard back.  Has anyone else heard back or has anyone worked for them?  I just notice the job has been posted several times, so I am wondering if maybe it's not a good situation.  ...

Current Cardus Info - Anyone? Smsg
Aug 18, 2014

Seems they place an ad and after a couple of months, same ad again. Leary. ...

Anyone Considering The Radiology Position For Cardus On The Job Seekers Board
Jan 17, 2011

Anyone considering the Radiology position for Cardus that was recently posted on the Job Seeker’s Board, please consider this (from the Cardus website):   Manpower     US offices have 32 Medical Transcriptionists with vast specialty experience - primarily in Hospital Radiology, Oncology and E/R experience varying from 5 – 23 years in these fields as medical transcriptionists. India back Office 130 qualified Medical Transcriptionists who are graduates in Li ...