A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Cardus Information Wanted - Thinking

Posted: Jul 15, 2013

Am thinking of applying with Cardus.  Most recent info is from January 2013 that I can find here.  Anybody with anything new or anything to add about them?  Re:  Rates, enough work, good people, etc.?

Anything at this point will be welcomed.  Thanks much.

Cardus - Rad MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for them for a few months 2012-2013 doing radiology on the weekends. The dictators were good, but not as much work as I was told there would be. Very outdated software (at that time)and tried some other accounts as well, but very cumbersome and slow. The dictation itself was great, but the pay was very low and did not make too much. I literally had to babysit that radiology account and that got old. I know they have some other accounts with lots of ESLs and very bad dictators. Personally I would not recommend them, but if you need a job, go for it, but keep looking. Not a lot of tech support, but the ones I talked to were decent and helpful. I could go on a bit more and if you want to e-mail me go ahead and I will reply, but again, it wasn't that great, but a job. I think if I could have made some decent money I would have stayed.

Thanks so much for your - reply. No message.

[ In Reply To ..]
No message

Cardus - Rad MT

[ In Reply To ..]
And another thing, I had to buy a word expander program and Express Scribe. I don't like to spend money to work for someone and now I don't use either one, as the company I work for provides the right kind of software that has all that.

ditto to Rad MT plus subcontracted by Future Net who has - horrible ESL accounts so

[ In Reply To ..]
you are either babysitting for nothing or struggling for low pay. Cardus depends on FN for work, is small, had one major account and a handfull of smaller ones. Lost the major one to VR and later signed on with FN for work supply and radiology with FN kept going VR, too. No warning, just gone. Mgt sucked.

But overall, Cardus wanted much more than worth after the major account was gone.

Cardus Info - Terrible experience

[ In Reply To ..]
First off, the work was very sporadic and that is putting it mildly and the program they had was horrible. The dictators were terrible as well. No money and the supervisor was only out for herself. Her vacations came first above everyone else; she was never able to help out when truly needed, always had some sort of story; some of the MTs were kind of hard to deal with as well, especially if you were covering for someone. I can't blame them though in a way, as the money was very poor. Not a good training either; just do it kind of attitude. Lot's of notes, lots of different things to do for this doctor or that doctor or this account or that account. I would advise you to stay clear, as you will spend a lot and I mean a lot of time doing things you don't get paid for, getting locked out of the system because it was so old and junky and it just isn't worth it. I guarantee, no matter how it starts out, which won't be good probably, you will not stay; no one does and there is a reason for that!

wow, thought some of that was just me. Also expected tons of hours, no OT as employee - Mgt techniques not great s/m anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Used to discuss who was in the MT doghouse and why with other MTs. One of those who would never fire anyone...but put the squeeze on until you quit. Great little girl but mgt skills iffy at best.
Did I mention they advertise under 'recruiter?' There is no recruiter, that's the mgr.

Thanks SO MUCH - for helping me

[ In Reply To ..]
dodge THAT bullet. Appreciate all of your advice.

Cardus - old mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I currently work for them and am making $800-1000/week for 40 hours a week. Many small accounts but if you have the experience and take the time to learn the accounts, the pay is excellent with steady work.

Similar Messages:

Information Wanted On Andrews School
Nov 15, 2011

I am looking into moving into Coding as a profession. I will be talking to Interface Computer School this afternoon as they have a billing/coding class (just asking questions right now), but I am hearing so much of Andrews. I know this is an online course. I feel a little nervous about not having a teacher in front of me. Can anyone tell me about Andrews, what to expect, how hard is it really (sounds pretty strict on grades, etc on the web page) how well communication is and if yo ...

SoftScript Called Me Today And Wanted To Know If I Wanted To Work For Them
Jun 11, 2010

Although I work for Spheris/Medquist right now, SoftScript called me today and wanted to know if I wanted to work for them. I had applied with them before being hired by Spheris. They assured me they DO have work right now. ...

Does Anyone Know About Cardus, Inc?
Dec 16, 2013

I just applied and was hoping for some insight into the company. Never heard of them before, but I'm desperate!  Thanks in advance. ...

Cardus Rad Sm
Sep 27, 2014

Just curious does anyone actually work for this company and has anyone ever gotten a response back when sending resume?  Thanks! ...

How Much Does Cardus Pay Per Report For QA? Anyone Know?
Mar 01, 2013

I am curious if there are any QA out there that work for Cardus.  They said they pay per report.  I am wondering how much they pay per report before I apply if I can find anyone who is aware of this. ...

Cardus Radiology Pay Anyone?
Apr 23, 2014

Does anyone know what Cardus pays for Radiology?  Says experience and shift, but if anyone works on Radiology there, could you let me know the rate of pay?  I guess it is straight transcription. ...

Cardus In Michigan
Jul 15, 2014

Does anyone currently work for Cardus in Michigan and if so, can you please tell me how it is to work for this company? Thank you! ...

Do Not Work For Cardus
Aug 28, 2014

Do not work for Cardus.  Their management style is the worst.  They play favorites and if you are not on "the list" you do not get lines.  They claim to have a lot of work, but you run out frequently and will not train you on other accounts where there is much work to be done. ...

Anyone Familiar With Cardus, Inc In Michigan?
Jul 22, 2013

. ...

Cardus Advertising For Radiology MTs
Jan 13, 2015

I have seen ads several times on here for Cardus advertising for radiology MTs.  I have applied several times and never heard back.  Has anyone else heard back or has anyone worked for them?  I just notice the job has been posted several times, so I am wondering if maybe it's not a good situation.  ...

Current Cardus Info - Anyone? Smsg
Aug 18, 2014

Seems they place an ad and after a couple of months, same ad again. Leary. ...

Anyone Considering The Radiology Position For Cardus On The Job Seekers Board
Jan 17, 2011

Anyone considering the Radiology position for Cardus that was recently posted on the Job Seeker’s Board, please consider this (from the Cardus website):   Manpower     US offices have 32 Medical Transcriptionists with vast specialty experience - primarily in Hospital Radiology, Oncology and E/R experience varying from 5 – 23 years in these fields as medical transcriptionists. India back Office 130 qualified Medical Transcriptionists who are graduates in Li ...

Wanted To Go PT
Jun 04, 2013

My plan was to retire PT and work PT, however, I was told MModal is no longer allowing employees to go PT only if you are grandfathered in.  Yet, today I see on MTJobs MModal is looking for PT workers.  If I do not go PT, I will lose quite a bit of money monthly from SS retirement.  I also was told we are only allowed to take 3 sick days a year.   ...

Info Wanted
Nov 11, 2009

I've been an IC for 10 years with the same company.  Made excellent money working only part time.  This company has now lost a lot of accounts and work has slowed to almost nothing (had no work so far today).  Now I'm looking into getting a job through one of these national companies and have been reading the posts made here and have sent my resume to a couple places.  I feel shell-shocked with all the questions.  Can anyone tell me what these na ...

NEW: Job Wanted Board -- SM
May 03, 2010

We now have a Job Wanted board available.  This is a board for you to make confidential posts that list what you are looking for in your job search.  There are many ways to use the Job Wanted board.  There are also safe practices you, as posters, should take for professional security. Posters responding to your job-wanted ad can be recruiters, facilities, any business wanting to respond to you.  Other fellow posters (MTs) can also make suggestions about companies ...

Re: Job Wanted Board
Jun 05, 2010

I was just wondering if anybody has gotten a response from a company yet? I am on there and I have not heard a thing. If this is not in the right spot, I am not sure exactly where to post this! ...

This Is Tammy...just Wanted To Say.....
Nov 01, 2011

Thank you to all of you who have gotten in touch.  I really loved working with each and every one of you and your support and concern is so truly appreciated!  But you know what?  Honestly, I am looking at this as a blessing in disguise.  I would not want to work for a company that constantly lies to its employees and has no regard for anything other than their own pockets.  Please keep in touch.  You can all still contact me at tpkj05@yahoo.com or ca ...

I Know It Is A Little Early, But I Wanted To Be The First.
Dec 31, 2011

nm ...

At Home Job Wanted
Apr 08, 2013

I am looking for an at home job and can not find any entry level positions. Does anyone have any advice please???? ...

QA And Fiesa Your Help Wanted Ad!
Oct 10, 2014

You expect nothing less than perfection from your unappreciated MLS but you do not know there is an "M" in ambulatory??????????????!  ...

REFERENCE BOOKS - HELP WANTED!
Dec 16, 2009

I just started this new job 2 weeks ago working for a plastic surgeon.  Now trying to build my reference book library.  What books would you recommend?  I know I need a PDR...I'm having trouble deciding which one would be best.  I also am needing a good Plastic/Cosmetic surgery reference book.....any recommendations? Thanks in advance for your help. ...

I Just Wanted To Take A Quick Minute To Say I Really
Feb 22, 2010

An hour or two ago, I had a word question and put it on the word board and within a matter of five minutes, someone posted the answer.  I know we all have our own opinions and experiences but I am an MT with 20 plus years of experience and my mind just went blank on this word.  Well, I was glad this fellow MT helped me out, so I did not have to send this to QA.  I looked up the word again myself just to be certain not that I doubted this other MT and then I took a minute to thank ...

Encouragement And/or Opinions Wanted
Feb 27, 2010

Hey all, I'm seriously thinking about dropping MQ and transcription in general as the outlook looks grim.  I was thinking of going to school as a pharmacist.  If anybody knows what such job is like and can give me their opinion and maybe some encouragement to make such a move, I would appreciate it.  TIA! ...

So Finally We Have A Job Wanted Board!
May 03, 2010

See the menu on left under Job Seeker's Board or here is the direct link. http://forum.mtstars.com/wanted/ ...

Something Noticed On The Job Wanted Board,
May 04, 2010

your job-hunting results.  There are a lot of people with 10-20+ years' experience seeking work.  I'm in the same boat.  My experience so far has been that NOBODY is interested in hiring older, highly-experienced MTs.  Any of you starting to feel that vibe? So I'd be interested to know what sort of results you get from the Jobs Wanted board.  When you truthfully state your many years of experience, are you getting any offers?  Are they willing to com ...

Pt Wanted To Be Put On S/l Wacheluss For Constipation
May 05, 2010

s/l wacheluss?  I could not find this in constipation drugs. ...

Curious About The Job Wanted Board . . .
May 17, 2010

I am curious if anyone who has posted on the Job Wanted Board if you have actually had anyone contact you regarding your experience.   I am wondering if companies actually look at this or are other MTs seeing who their competition is . . .   Just curious.  thanks ...

Job Wanted Board - Any Contacts Yet?
May 18, 2010

Just curious if anyone is getting contacted from the job wanted board?  Thanks ...

Input Wanted From My Fellow MQ'rs
Jun 10, 2010

I'm totally getting burned out at MQ.  If it's not the NJA with requests to change schedule, then it's the lack of primary and getting other unknown accounts slowing me down.  I've gone from full-time at MQ down to working part-time with another part-time job to make up lost income now for the past 7 months.  When I started MT'ing so many years ago, the pay was great and being able to set my own schedule was a real plus as well.  It was the ...

Has Anyone Ever Gotten A Job Offer From The Job Wanted Board?
Jul 31, 2010

Just curious...has anyone ever gotten a job from their posting on the job wanted board? There seem to be many Mts looking for work. It would be interesting to know how many MTs have work that want to work. ...