A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Amphion terrible company - woeisme

Posted: Dec 10, 2014

Amphion was a terrible company for whom to work.  Mean people.  I take pride in my work only to have it slashed, sometimes ruined, turned in that way to the hospitals.  Very low pay and negligible benefits, with late paychecks too.  No respect shown to employees.  Don't even go there.  OOW starting Thanksgiving Day.  

How long did you work there? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

TOTALLY NOT TRUE... - Never late once with a pay check

[ In Reply To ..]
There is direct deposit and around the holidays, they actually deposited early. Never had a bad experience, worked there part-time. The only complaint was how they figured lines. Where did this comment come from???

how can you tell someone that their experience is not true? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe he or she does not have direct deposit and had mailed checks that were late.

My check has never been late. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

My experience - momMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been there for 1-1/2 years. Pay from Amphion has never been late for me. OOW on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and some other holidays is to be expected for many facilities, and I've been doing this for about 10 years.

They were wonderful - Mary

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for them for quite a while years ago, and they were absolutely wonderful. If I had not become ill, I would never have quit working for them. The pay was fine, the benefits were the best I had ever had, and I was happy. I was given my work and left alone, and unless I needed help, I was never bothered.

Similar Messages:

Amphion - Information About The Company?
Nov 22, 2013

Does anyone work for Amphion or have information about the company?  How to they pay, are there benefits, do they supply the equipment or do you?  Any info would be greatly appreciated!! I currently am employed through a great facility but there is a lot of talk of outsourcing to Amphion soon and supposedly we would all be offered the opportunity to apply with them.   ...

Terrible Experiences....
Jul 27, 2010

I have had horrible experiences with 2 companies in the past few months that I thought were different and would turn out much better than most medical transcription companies out there. Well, the first one let me go because of lack of work.  They had outdated equipment and are actually holding my last check claiming that I did not mail the equipment, and I did.  The last check doesn't amount to much and probably isn't worth the time or trouble to try to get it as I am curren ...

Stentel Ad--terrible Pay
May 09, 2013

5 to 5-1/2 per line for straight transcription/ 2-1/2 cents per line for VR.  Are they out of their ever-loving minds?  Anyone would be better off at a beginning clerical job that requires no skills at $10 per hour PLUS a couple of benefits, even if that just means you are an employee and have your taxes (i.e., social security, medicare) and other state/federally mandated business costs covered by the employer.  It just keeps getting ugiler.  And truly, are we supposed to ...

Terrible Audio
Aug 18, 2013

I have been having exceptionally bad audio lately from normally good dictators and wonder why. Could this be another cost cutting measure somehow, or maybe they okayed docs to dictate under water or in their car or wherever on old crappy cell phones or something? It's bad enough to have to face the daily FIESA attack, but to take double the time to get through a report because of horrific audio is just the icing on the cake. Anybody else find this? Frustrating when you are trying to speed ...

When You Have Terrible Dictators
Apr 14, 2014

You know the ones I mean. They don't speak full sentence or even words and fly like the wind..Do you copy the job and send it to TSM or QA lead to have them listen and try and get the doc to do better, or do you just send it to QA in all its glory with a zillion blanks..I'm 2/2 in a row and really po'd at this point. ...

BeyondTXT Platform TERRIBLE
Oct 17, 2012

I felt that I had to let MTs know some information about the BeyondTXT platform.... I have been an acute care MT for 30 years and I recently went with Transcend/Nuance using the above platform. For example, compared to some other programs like DocuMed, Dictaphone, etc., it is absolutely the worst and most unfriendly program I have ever trained or worked on. It is not all-in-one area.  Your work pool is in one area and the document is in another, plus the demographic screens are all over t ...

I Know This Is Terrible, But Reading A Post Below
Dec 01, 2014

At least you are now being paid minimum wage.  When I worked here, they sent out E-mails threatening "You do not want MUP (make-up pay)! "  If you have not met your line requirements, corrective action will be taken.....   For what it's worth, you guys achieved this.  You refused to accept not even making minimum wage.  You kept track of times when you ran out of work.  You submitted your webclock hours with information that reflected when you were out of work ...

Well, We Got To A Whole Week Without Being Told How Terrible We Are.
Jun 22, 2015

Somehow, last week they must not have done an audit because there was a pleasant email silence from the QAM. But today...boy did she give our group a reaming and a nice raving rant. Missed the mark by 7/100th of a percent. I see I am not on the perfect list again despite my efforts. Must have missed an a or the. Apparently, I am not on the critical error list. It is noteworthy that the numerical critical errors are numbers that can sound alike with the poor audio we get. Heck, who is ...

MQ Wonders Never Cease- TAT Terrible Under Lockdown
Jul 20, 2010

We just got an email letting us know how terrible our TAT has been for the past week.  Um, we are on lockdown!  And even if I wanted to help out (which I don't) there are no shifts available on the swap board to help out.   So whose fault is it do you think?  Certainly not the MTs, but we are getting blamed and now asked to work OT with no shifts available to pick up.  This lockdown was supposed to be the answer to MQ prayers- watch me while I do an "I tol ...

Doctors With Terrible Dictating Habits
Aug 01, 2012

I have noticed in my years as a transcriptionist the horrible sound effects I hear from some doctors.  I just now transcribed a doctor who throughout the entire dictation must have coughed and loudly cleared his throat 20 times.  I had another one who used to burp, chew food and yawn; dictating the entire time without pausing.  AND believe it or not, I had a doctor FALL ASLEEP while dictating, no joke.  I find this so rude it is not even funny.  Not to mention the doctor ...

Flunked An Audit But I Don't Really Care, Is That Terrible?
Jun 24, 2013

Am supposed to call QC to have a "mandatory" meeting but you know what?? I really don't care at this point. I am sick and tired of these stupid audits and the ticky tack crap that we get audited for. I am at the point where I want to get fired to get u/e. I am just tired and burned out. ...

Sound Quality And Dictators Terrible?...sm
Dec 02, 2013

Current Probity employee about to be sucked up by the impersonal big company.  Anyway, has anybody noticed in the last two weeks all the good dictators are gone and there's nothing left but the garbage dictators and poor sound quality?  I have struggled all evening and have a total of about 300 lines.  Ran out of work both Saturday and Sunday nights which has never happened in the past.  Either I'm on the s**t list or the work is already transitioning somewhere else ...

It Things Are So Terrible At MModal How Do They Have Thousands Of US Transcriptions
Jun 01, 2013

Surely everyone can't be unhappy, right? ...

I Have Heard, From The Archives, That IMedx Has Terrible Wages, Withholds....sm
Dec 23, 2011

withholds up to 50% for errors or such; I am a long-time MT and have a QA score above 99, but that scares me.  Also, I heard the wages were low, and the platform bad.  This would be for straight typing, which is great for me.......Could I please have input here?  This is IC, BTW, I got an immediate response, the testing is very long, though, so I would like to know if it is worth it???  THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!! =) ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

Can Someone Suggest A Company That Hires IC? I Can't Work For A Company That Offers Insurance.
Feb 17, 2014

Xx ...

Q For Amphion MTs
Sep 29, 2010

Anyone ever get fired from Amphion for not meeting line requirements? I work for them FT or more as needed and have yet to make the 12,000 line requirement. I've been with them for 6 months now and have not heard a peep about it. My QA is meeting requirements and my attendance is excellent, but I have yet to make the line count. I've switched my schedule, asked for another team, another account, work extra, racked my brain, all to no answer or just "no". I'm not sure what to do a ...

Amphion (sm)
Apr 08, 2014

Considering  applying for work with Amphion.  I understand they do not pay for spaces.  Do they pay for headers or do anything to bring up the line rate?  If not, I won't bother.  Thanks. ...

Anyone Know Anything About Amphion?
May 02, 2014

Does anyone know anything about Amphion.  I know nothing.  I think I'm going to have to find another job because of changes being made in the company I work at currently.  I can't afford such a drastic pay cut as what is coming for me so I'm looking around for a transcription job, not VR.  Any information good or bad is welcome.  Thanks to anyone who responds.  It is greatly appreciated.  ...

Considering Amphion
May 17, 2014

I'm considering applying to Amphion and haven't found any recent posts from MTs. I'd love to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly! ...

Amphion QA
Aug 13, 2014

Can anyone tell me what software is used by Amphion? Is it Editscript? If not, what software do you need to know for QA positions? Thanks! ...

Amphion ?
Sep 18, 2014

I'm applying at Amphion just wondering if anyone could give me some current information on them.  Good company to work for?  Pays on time and accurate?  Enough work to go around?  I did a search for info but didn't see anything real recent.  I'd appreciate any information you can offer.  Thanks! ...

Amphion Anyone?
Dec 02, 2014

Anyone heard of or worked for Amphion??? ...

Amphion Anything?
Mar 17, 2015

Hello!  Can anyone tell me anything about Amphion; specifically how costly is their health insurance?  Do they provide steady work?  Thank you in advance! ...

I Want To Find A Different Company, But My Fear Is That MQ Will Only Swallow That Company
Jul 15, 2011

up and I'd be back at square one, making no more than their "maximums."  I wonder, are this new maximum pay going to stay the same (or lower)?  I mean, in 5 or 10 years (if we are still here) will it be the same?  Or less?  I think so. ...

On Company Board, Under Post You Quit A Company
Sep 11, 2011

what's going on? ...

Amphion - Anyone Work For Them At All?
Oct 12, 2009

how are they to work for?  Are they fair? ...

Horski, How Was Your 1st Day With Amphion?
Mar 08, 2010

xx ...

Amphion Pay Range?
May 17, 2010

Can anyone provide a ballpark range of what Amphion pays for straight transcription per line and for VR? I understood they also offered a shift differential. Thanks! ...

Amphion...anything GOOD To Say About Them?
May 20, 2010

I've narrowed my job search down to two companies with Amphion being one of them. I'd appreciate it if anybody could give me an idea of their experience at Amphion with respect to pay, if their SR platform works well, how long it took you to get up to speed and earning decent money, how much SR and how much typing, etc. Basically the stuff that you would have liked to known before you went to work at Amphion.   Thanks very much ...