A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Flunked an audit but I don't really care, is that terrible? - nmmee

Posted: Jun 24, 2013

Am supposed to call QC to have a "mandatory" meeting but you know what?? I really don't care at this point. I am sick and tired of these stupid audits and the ticky tack crap that we get audited for. I am at the point where I want to get fired to get u/e. I am just tired and burned out.

Heck with that. - Have her call you if she

[ In Reply To ..]
wants to have a meeting so darn bad. I wouldn't pick up the phone. I don't care either. Sick of getting points off for putting "The staff" instead of "Staff" and other assorted BS. All while making $6 per hour. Screw them.

I actually felt that way last May and decided sm - ex-MQer

[ In Reply To ..]
not to report for work for 3 days so they could fire me and I could receive UE. Well my manager called and left a message (I wasn't home) and said they decided I had abandoned my job and therefore quit. No UE, just goodbye and no "can we work something out."

I was put on full QA because of QC marking me for stupid things that I could prove she was wrong with but they didn't care so I got fired and not rehireable. I gave that company 20 years of my life and they didn't care.

What a buncha crap!

I've been - failing

[ In Reply To ..]
audits for months now (we're only talking 10ths of points below their requirement), and I told my TSM if I was now incompetent to do the job please fire me, otherwise quit harassing me. Unfortunately I'm still here.

These audits are making me sick to my stomach...sm - Just plain losing it

[ In Reply To ..]
the more they pick, the worse I feel every day. All well and good for them to audit what I already cleaned up, when it came in as crap, at the same time trying to make minimum wage. Easy to pick apart any error after it finally looks like spoken English! No one I talk to can believe that they expect us to be 99.6 perfect on this junk. I really am beginning to believe I am totally incompetent.

sick to stomach - penelope

[ In Reply To ..]
No, you are not incompetent. They expect all of us to be "English Majors." I have been doing this for almost 40 years and I have never had as many problems than for this place. If I went to college and received an English Major I sure as would not be here, I would be teaching somewhere.
I got sick of feeling sick - And so I quit in December-nm
[ In Reply To ..]
xxxx
That's exactly what they WANTED you to do...quit... - Kiki
[ In Reply To ..]
quit...no unemployment
Okay, so I do not cut off my nose - To spite my face. The end-nm
[ In Reply To ..]
xxxx

If the MT has to be at least 99.6 to pass, QA has to be 100%. - to keep their job.

[ In Reply To ..]
So who audits the auditor? Are they 100%, especially after the 7th hour into their shift?

I love your retort! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
Nm

Similar Messages:

Flunked An Audit
Jun 19, 2013

99%! Horrors!!!!!! Came thisclose to telling her to go ahead and let the Indians knock themselves out on this garbage. ...

In Reponse To The Person Who Flunked Their
Nov 01, 2010

the word "the," can you imagine how hard it will be to find another job when you have failed audits?  People probably assume (and rightly so) that you put in erroneous information or left out vital information from dictation -- something that brought about harm to the patient.  There is no way you could possibly get them to believe that in reality you put out beautiful work every day all day, and it was a discrepancy over whether the dictation read "Lab tests were normal" versus "The l ...

Flunked 2 Audits This Week
Aug 01, 2014

Wonder how long until I get the PM notice. ...

Flunked IMedX - Could I Get Into TransTech
Sep 11, 2014

hi i either quit imedx or else got fired i needed a TAH BSO at the time and my health was poor. now that i am wanting to go back to work i see that these two cos have merged.  am i going to have trouble getting a transtech job due to a brief and unfortunate exp. at imedx? thanks for your help.  getting sick of living off my hub. -mae ...

POD Flunked All QA Measures For Last Week.
May 04, 2015

99.5 not good enough. QAM getting more and more terrified about our minor error index. Gee... The big laugh, though, is all the minor errors she listed are not minor errors. They are a step above minor errors. I haven't been doing MOT because my hands hurt too much because of the number of corrections I have to make and getting there with either the mouse or keyboard shortcuts. Can we says overuse injuries???? Worse than straight typing. I would love to see the QAM do my BO ...

Future-Net. Guess I Must Have Flunked The Transcription Portion Of The Test
Feb 25, 2010

Really not expecting to hear back.  Left several blanks in 2 of the reports.  I have 30 years experience and can transcribe ESL, but on one-try, give me a break. ...

Terrible Experiences....
Jul 27, 2010

I have had horrible experiences with 2 companies in the past few months that I thought were different and would turn out much better than most medical transcription companies out there. Well, the first one let me go because of lack of work.  They had outdated equipment and are actually holding my last check claiming that I did not mail the equipment, and I did.  The last check doesn't amount to much and probably isn't worth the time or trouble to try to get it as I am curren ...

Stentel Ad--terrible Pay
May 09, 2013

5 to 5-1/2 per line for straight transcription/ 2-1/2 cents per line for VR.  Are they out of their ever-loving minds?  Anyone would be better off at a beginning clerical job that requires no skills at $10 per hour PLUS a couple of benefits, even if that just means you are an employee and have your taxes (i.e., social security, medicare) and other state/federally mandated business costs covered by the employer.  It just keeps getting ugiler.  And truly, are we supposed to ...

Terrible Audio
Aug 18, 2013

I have been having exceptionally bad audio lately from normally good dictators and wonder why. Could this be another cost cutting measure somehow, or maybe they okayed docs to dictate under water or in their car or wherever on old crappy cell phones or something? It's bad enough to have to face the daily FIESA attack, but to take double the time to get through a report because of horrific audio is just the icing on the cake. Anybody else find this? Frustrating when you are trying to speed ...

When You Have Terrible Dictators
Apr 14, 2014

You know the ones I mean. They don't speak full sentence or even words and fly like the wind..Do you copy the job and send it to TSM or QA lead to have them listen and try and get the doc to do better, or do you just send it to QA in all its glory with a zillion blanks..I'm 2/2 in a row and really po'd at this point. ...

BeyondTXT Platform TERRIBLE
Oct 17, 2012

I felt that I had to let MTs know some information about the BeyondTXT platform.... I have been an acute care MT for 30 years and I recently went with Transcend/Nuance using the above platform. For example, compared to some other programs like DocuMed, Dictaphone, etc., it is absolutely the worst and most unfriendly program I have ever trained or worked on. It is not all-in-one area.  Your work pool is in one area and the document is in another, plus the demographic screens are all over t ...

I Know This Is Terrible, But Reading A Post Below
Dec 01, 2014

At least you are now being paid minimum wage.  When I worked here, they sent out E-mails threatening "You do not want MUP (make-up pay)! "  If you have not met your line requirements, corrective action will be taken.....   For what it's worth, you guys achieved this.  You refused to accept not even making minimum wage.  You kept track of times when you ran out of work.  You submitted your webclock hours with information that reflected when you were out of work ...

Amphion Terrible Company
Dec 10, 2014

Amphion was a terrible company for whom to work.  Mean people.  I take pride in my work only to have it slashed, sometimes ruined, turned in that way to the hospitals.  Very low pay and negligible benefits, with late paychecks too.  No respect shown to employees.  Don't even go there.  OOW starting Thanksgiving Day.   ...

Well, We Got To A Whole Week Without Being Told How Terrible We Are.
Jun 22, 2015

Somehow, last week they must not have done an audit because there was a pleasant email silence from the QAM. But today...boy did she give our group a reaming and a nice raving rant. Missed the mark by 7/100th of a percent. I see I am not on the perfect list again despite my efforts. Must have missed an a or the. Apparently, I am not on the critical error list. It is noteworthy that the numerical critical errors are numbers that can sound alike with the poor audio we get. Heck, who is ...

Another Sad Option For Medical Care Is Charity Care. Work With The People
Nov 06, 2014

...bills. Most Saint hospitals and others actually operate as non-profits, and for what they are screwing us over in taxes unpaid, they can afford to help out folks with their bills and still give their CEOs generous stock options and obscene salaries! But, you have to ask for this after your visit, treatment, x-ray, or ER visit. ASK for help if you need it. It is not our fault that suits are in charge of medical care in this country.  ...

MQ Wonders Never Cease- TAT Terrible Under Lockdown
Jul 20, 2010

We just got an email letting us know how terrible our TAT has been for the past week.  Um, we are on lockdown!  And even if I wanted to help out (which I don't) there are no shifts available on the swap board to help out.   So whose fault is it do you think?  Certainly not the MTs, but we are getting blamed and now asked to work OT with no shifts available to pick up.  This lockdown was supposed to be the answer to MQ prayers- watch me while I do an "I tol ...

Doctors With Terrible Dictating Habits
Aug 01, 2012

I have noticed in my years as a transcriptionist the horrible sound effects I hear from some doctors.  I just now transcribed a doctor who throughout the entire dictation must have coughed and loudly cleared his throat 20 times.  I had another one who used to burp, chew food and yawn; dictating the entire time without pausing.  AND believe it or not, I had a doctor FALL ASLEEP while dictating, no joke.  I find this so rude it is not even funny.  Not to mention the doctor ...

Sound Quality And Dictators Terrible?...sm
Dec 02, 2013

Current Probity employee about to be sucked up by the impersonal big company.  Anyway, has anybody noticed in the last two weeks all the good dictators are gone and there's nothing left but the garbage dictators and poor sound quality?  I have struggled all evening and have a total of about 300 lines.  Ran out of work both Saturday and Sunday nights which has never happened in the past.  Either I'm on the s**t list or the work is already transitioning somewhere else ...

It Things Are So Terrible At MModal How Do They Have Thousands Of US Transcriptions
Jun 01, 2013

Surely everyone can't be unhappy, right? ...

I Have Heard, From The Archives, That IMedx Has Terrible Wages, Withholds....sm
Dec 23, 2011

withholds up to 50% for errors or such; I am a long-time MT and have a QA score above 99, but that scares me.  Also, I heard the wages were low, and the platform bad.  This would be for straight typing, which is great for me.......Could I please have input here?  This is IC, BTW, I got an immediate response, the testing is very long, though, so I would like to know if it is worth it???  THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!! =) ...

It Was A Pleasure To Assist In Ms. **Thomas's Care Or Ms. Thomas' Care". This Gets M
Dec 15, 2009

x ...

Post Audit And Now A Post Audit M Report!!
Jan 19, 2015

Has anybody gotten the above email stating now there are 2 post audit reports that we have to pull?  The regular one and now a post audit m report???  What is this for???  This gets crazier every day ...

Hyphen ... Providing High Quality Care OR High-quality Care
Oct 06, 2011

... providing high quality care OR high-quality care. I did it one way and the dictating NP says it should be the other way.  I have to do it her way but I would appreciate hearing from some fellow MT professionals. Thanks for any input.     ...

Acute Care - What Does Acute Care Consist Of?
Apr 08, 2010

I know this is a really stupid question but, what does acute care consist of?  What types of reports are acute care?  I understand that it is basically emergency type of care or short-term care, but exactly what types of reports would you be transcribing? TIA ...

I Got An Audit!!!
Nov 12, 2009

My score was 96.6.  All the reports docked were ASR reports, missing a few things here and there like leaving in oven instead of correcting to even - well, you get the gist.  There were no critical mistakes. Not once, in all my years working for hospitals or doctors have I had an aduit.   I'm wondering if it's just that ASR is only a year old to me and that's why I'm having issues.  Oh well.     ...

ASR Audit
Feb 10, 2011

I got 2 ASR audits lately.  Is everyone getting them?  I only do about 50 ASR reports a month and they seem to think I use my mouse too much.  I am dangernous with short-cut keys.  I tend to not stop to think and hit the wrong key and something goes whacky.  I always know where my mouse is!  Anyway, we run out of work at least 3 nights a week.  Am I supposed to master the short-cut keys so I can do my work faster and run out of work sooner and sit here longer a ...

99.75% On Audit...
Mar 15, 2011

and told I should have caught something (which I should have).  It was something trivial like suggestion versus suggestive.  Got a mail from mentor that I should have slowed down & caught this.  I've been an MT for over 2 yrs now, and it wasn't something that put a pt's health in any kind of harm.  Knew I had one very hard ESL auth go to auditing & watched it until it was done.  100%.  Any word on a nice job?  Not hardly.  Love my jo ...

QA Audit Below 99%
Oct 13, 2011

Has anyone failed their QA audit with Medquist, if so, what happens next if you have been with them for more than a year and were recently changed to a new account.??? Would appreciate some help on this oneeeeee??? ...

My Last Audit
Nov 14, 2012

Last audit was 99.4 something percent accuracy.  LPH was about 265.  But oh, too many of my reports are sent in with blanks (worst accounts I have ever worked on) and I need to send more work to QA.  Do they really think I am going to sit here and do this crap for 3 cpl?  It would not even pay my utility bill.  Think they will ever face reality? ...

What Does SC Audit Mean?
Jun 01, 2015

I really hate these weekly audits.  Do they count?? ...