A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Well, we got to a whole week without being told how terrible we are. - MC

Posted: Jun 22, 2015

Somehow, last week they must not have done an audit because there was a pleasant email silence from the QAM. But today...boy did she give our group a reaming and a nice raving rant. Missed the mark by 7/100th of a percent. I see I am not on the perfect list again despite my efforts. Must have missed an a or the. Apparently, I am not on the critical error list. It is noteworthy that the numerical critical errors are numbers that can sound alike with the poor audio we get. Heck, who is to say whether the MT was the one who is correct, unless, of course, the auditor had an audio quality advantage. Although, one drug dosage correction might be questionable. Lift the lph requirement, and I will reproof all my reports. Heck, a lot of people seem to be trying to meet the lph judging from errors I see when looking at other reports. It is obvious there are people not checking if an instrument or technique name is correct. And what's up with the misspelled words? As far as meeting the lph, I am constantly teetering above and below the minimum. I am spending entirely too much time trying to figure out what I might get nailed for whether or not it actually has any effect on sentence meaning.

Similar Messages:

MT Week Survey - I Told Them I'd Like To See
May 28, 2014

yearly cost of living increases for MTs rather than trying to win a prize once a year. I'm sure that won't happen. ...

Why Are We Told This Is Slow Time Of Year? MTSO Told Me This
Dec 09, 2010

make up all late reports, etc for the end of the year.  At my MTSO it is anything but slow, Getting lots of reports from Sept and Oct. ...

Terrible Experiences....
Jul 27, 2010

I have had horrible experiences with 2 companies in the past few months that I thought were different and would turn out much better than most medical transcription companies out there. Well, the first one let me go because of lack of work.  They had outdated equipment and are actually holding my last check claiming that I did not mail the equipment, and I did.  The last check doesn't amount to much and probably isn't worth the time or trouble to try to get it as I am curren ...

Stentel Ad--terrible Pay
May 09, 2013

5 to 5-1/2 per line for straight transcription/ 2-1/2 cents per line for VR.  Are they out of their ever-loving minds?  Anyone would be better off at a beginning clerical job that requires no skills at $10 per hour PLUS a couple of benefits, even if that just means you are an employee and have your taxes (i.e., social security, medicare) and other state/federally mandated business costs covered by the employer.  It just keeps getting ugiler.  And truly, are we supposed to ...

Terrible Audio
Aug 18, 2013

I have been having exceptionally bad audio lately from normally good dictators and wonder why. Could this be another cost cutting measure somehow, or maybe they okayed docs to dictate under water or in their car or wherever on old crappy cell phones or something? It's bad enough to have to face the daily FIESA attack, but to take double the time to get through a report because of horrific audio is just the icing on the cake. Anybody else find this? Frustrating when you are trying to speed ...

When You Have Terrible Dictators
Apr 14, 2014

You know the ones I mean. They don't speak full sentence or even words and fly like the wind..Do you copy the job and send it to TSM or QA lead to have them listen and try and get the doc to do better, or do you just send it to QA in all its glory with a zillion blanks..I'm 2/2 in a row and really po'd at this point. ...

BeyondTXT Platform TERRIBLE
Oct 17, 2012

I felt that I had to let MTs know some information about the BeyondTXT platform.... I have been an acute care MT for 30 years and I recently went with Transcend/Nuance using the above platform. For example, compared to some other programs like DocuMed, Dictaphone, etc., it is absolutely the worst and most unfriendly program I have ever trained or worked on. It is not all-in-one area.  Your work pool is in one area and the document is in another, plus the demographic screens are all over t ...

I Know This Is Terrible, But Reading A Post Below
Dec 01, 2014

At least you are now being paid minimum wage.  When I worked here, they sent out E-mails threatening "You do not want MUP (make-up pay)! "  If you have not met your line requirements, corrective action will be taken.....   For what it's worth, you guys achieved this.  You refused to accept not even making minimum wage.  You kept track of times when you ran out of work.  You submitted your webclock hours with information that reflected when you were out of work ...

Amphion Terrible Company
Dec 10, 2014

Amphion was a terrible company for whom to work.  Mean people.  I take pride in my work only to have it slashed, sometimes ruined, turned in that way to the hospitals.  Very low pay and negligible benefits, with late paychecks too.  No respect shown to employees.  Don't even go there.  OOW starting Thanksgiving Day.   ...

MQ Wonders Never Cease- TAT Terrible Under Lockdown
Jul 20, 2010

We just got an email letting us know how terrible our TAT has been for the past week.  Um, we are on lockdown!  And even if I wanted to help out (which I don't) there are no shifts available on the swap board to help out.   So whose fault is it do you think?  Certainly not the MTs, but we are getting blamed and now asked to work OT with no shifts available to pick up.  This lockdown was supposed to be the answer to MQ prayers- watch me while I do an "I tol ...

Doctors With Terrible Dictating Habits
Aug 01, 2012

I have noticed in my years as a transcriptionist the horrible sound effects I hear from some doctors.  I just now transcribed a doctor who throughout the entire dictation must have coughed and loudly cleared his throat 20 times.  I had another one who used to burp, chew food and yawn; dictating the entire time without pausing.  AND believe it or not, I had a doctor FALL ASLEEP while dictating, no joke.  I find this so rude it is not even funny.  Not to mention the doctor ...

Flunked An Audit But I Don't Really Care, Is That Terrible?
Jun 24, 2013

Am supposed to call QC to have a "mandatory" meeting but you know what?? I really don't care at this point. I am sick and tired of these stupid audits and the ticky tack crap that we get audited for. I am at the point where I want to get fired to get u/e. I am just tired and burned out. ...

Sound Quality And Dictators Terrible?...sm
Dec 02, 2013

Current Probity employee about to be sucked up by the impersonal big company.  Anyway, has anybody noticed in the last two weeks all the good dictators are gone and there's nothing left but the garbage dictators and poor sound quality?  I have struggled all evening and have a total of about 300 lines.  Ran out of work both Saturday and Sunday nights which has never happened in the past.  Either I'm on the s**t list or the work is already transitioning somewhere else ...

It Things Are So Terrible At MModal How Do They Have Thousands Of US Transcriptions
Jun 01, 2013

Surely everyone can't be unhappy, right? ...

I Have Heard, From The Archives, That IMedx Has Terrible Wages, Withholds....sm
Dec 23, 2011

withholds up to 50% for errors or such; I am a long-time MT and have a QA score above 99, but that scares me.  Also, I heard the wages were low, and the platform bad.  This would be for straight typing, which is great for me.......Could I please have input here?  This is IC, BTW, I got an immediate response, the testing is very long, though, so I would like to know if it is worth it???  THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!! =) ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Does Your PTO Rate Now Vary Week To Week?
Feb 20, 2015

Does it now vary from week to week?  I used to always know exactly what my PTO was and could calculate it but just noticed that it varied from one paycheck a couple of months back to this past week.  How is this now figured?  So confusing ...

Have You Ever Been Told This And If So------
Apr 09, 2010

what would you do about it.  My TL repeatedly tells us to get off the system when the work volume is low because we are taking food out of other MTs mouths because they cannot feed their families or pay their bills because they need to get at least 20,000 lines per pay, but they cannot do that if we stay on the system,and we need to have compassion for them and get off the system so the ones who need it the most can pay their bills.   Even if our line count is not met, they need i ...

Has Anyone Else But Me Been Told....
Aug 08, 2010

That you can't work on any computer besides a Medquist computer?  I don't get along my CCM.  We don't like each other.  I wanted to load my programs on my laptop so I could work when I was away from home, and I was told that was not possible.  I said I had done it in the past.  I was told, not anymore.  Support backed him on it.  But here lately I have heard people talking about working at Starbucks!!!!  That even during training they ...

Has Anyone Ever Been Told
Jul 16, 2012

that you are the only one who complains about pay and the lack of improvement of ASR? Somehow I find it hard that I am the only one on my team who voices their opinion. ...

Let Go Without Being Told
Jul 08, 2014

So I tried to get into mail and it didn't work.  I then tried to get into web clock and it didn't work.  I then tried to get into my regular work platform and again no luck.  Last week I was called about being short an hour and some minutes.  I was questioned about line counts also but was never told I was getting written up or terminated so what the hell?  Has this happened to anyone else with Nuance?  The thing is before this super unprofessional action ...

New To ASR/Told Had To Switch To ME By 07/01
Jun 30, 2010

I am sweating this out, as everyone else has, and it is not working for me.  The rules are too vague, the training insufficient, and I am struggling with doing whatever I can to get through the report and trying to correct "correctly" - whatever way that really is, there is no explanation.  I don't know when to use F11.  I gave ASR a 4-month try 4-5 (?) years ago when it first was implemented, and see similar non-recognition issues, similar heading issues, and probably I am ...

I Told My Husband
May 21, 2012

been with MRC/Medifax/MQ/MModal for 15 years now. He said "Will they send you a service pin?"  He's a real joker, my husband. ...

Way Above 98 And Told I Should Continue..
Jun 21, 2012

to strive for the 99%.  It did not matter I had 98.8. and there have been times I was over 99%  They are out of their freakin minds.  I wonder who in this world is perfect at their job. ...

Told To Use My PTO By End Of Year?????
Nov 01, 2012

X ...

I Was Told By My CCM Why No Work For Some
Jan 03, 2013

apparently they are trying to weed out MT's as they did CCM's. The ones who don't produce or excessive absences, etc.  ...

I Have Been Told Nothing About The 15 Minute Pay
Mar 19, 2013

I was not told anything about taking 15 minutes when no work available.  I have read something to the effect of taking 15 minutes pay when no work available.  I'm confused.  Why hasn't my TCM told me about this?  I work on new acct, haven't been with MModal that long, but shouldn't I have been told about this as I ran out of work and was told to just clock out if no work.  ...