A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

It things are so terrible at MModal how do they have thousands of US transcriptions - Happy with M Modal

Posted: Jun 01, 2013

Surely everyone can't be unhappy, right?

Everybody is not unhappy. Just the ones that cant - cut it. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Right, because the hundreds of TSMs and accounts and regions - are all exactly the same.

[ In Reply To ..]
not

Who said they were? WHat diff does it make anyway? Can - either do the work or not.nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

agreed 100% - Mmodal has high standards, if you do not fit adios

[ In Reply To ..]
x

agreed...ONLY UNHAPPY ARE THOSE THAT CAN'T CUT IT!!! - New

[ In Reply To ..]
What an arrogant thing to post. So attitude and emotions play a part in if we can cut it or not?!!! That statement defies logic.

kinda hard to cut it on minimum wage - but whatever you say nm

[ In Reply To ..]
sick of arguing. I told you this would be a long day.
Who can change that? Can I change it for you? Will - MM change it? Who can change that? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Who can change that? - Change
[ In Reply To ..]
No one is asking you for anything. Don't take things personal.
Just making point that poster is the only one that can change her - situation, Not me and MM wont. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Just making - Not me
[ In Reply To ..]
No answer needed. Mind your own business.

here's what I couldn't "cut" - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
One account after another being taken away, sent to India of course; every day waiting for work, and then when it comes in it's the bottom of the garbage can with audio so horrible you pick up about three words per sentence, with the impossibily of hearing critical dictation like medictions, doseages, etc.; a paycheck that was not even half of what I made before. Yep. . you're right. I didn't devote 30 years of my life to transcription to "cut" that.

One bad acct is same as another. What matter one - disappears and another shows SM

[ In Reply To ..]
up? As far as garbage reports, you either have an ear for it or you dont, can either do the work or you cant.

MT is changing and you have to change with it. Better get used to garbage reports cause that is our job now. Some of us can cut it, some cant. C'est la vie.
you are responsible for your own happiness. If you stay and are unhappy you have no one to blame - but yourself
[ In Reply To ..]
still happy here.
I posted *one bad acct* I am happy. I enjoy the challenge - of making MT work for me. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I was agreeing with you :) - happy MT
[ In Reply To ..]
sorry for the confusion!
First of all... - me
[ In Reply To ..]
All MTSOs are the same, so leaving MM and going somewhere else is like jumping from the frying pan into the fire. Do you think it's easy for some of us to change professions now? I am 60 years old and have been doing this job for over 30 years. I'm sure people are just tripping over themselves trying to hire someone 60 years old with carpal tunnel and a stiff neck. I can't even be a Wal-Mart greeter because I can't stand for too long because I get a backache. So much for changing jobs now.
argue for your limitations and they are yours - n/m
[ In Reply To ..]
x
argue - limitations
[ In Reply To ..]
Argue for your limiations and they are yours-n/m. In other words, your problems are your own problems.

There is going to come a day n/m when your body and mind (seems as if it already has from your response to First of all) are going to give out on you, too, either by an accident, age, or illness, so you will just have to deal with that cause no one is going to give a hoot about you with your attitude.
responsible.....NO!!! With YOUR LOGIC..... - New
[ In Reply To ..]
no one in history would have tried to change things for the better. We never would have broken away from brutal Britain and formed this great country. I can go on and on.....It was/is that very productive, sometimes necessary feeling of "unhappiness" that drove/drive people to seek better conditions and change things.
You misinterpret Happiness post. Poster said if you are unhappy - you are responsible for that Sm
[ In Reply To ..]
and change things that make you unhappy. Change your job, change the country, whatever. She did not say you shouldnt be unhappy, she said to change what makes you unhappy. I really think you and that poster are on the same page.
That's what she said. Geez. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Wrong - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
Who said anything about one bad one replacing the other? It should have been obvious I was referring to good accounts being replaced with bad ones. No one can pick up dictation that can't be heard. No one.

I cut it just fine, but my earnings are pretty much dependent on IT's ASR. - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
I am on about 98% ASR. The amount of lines I can do per hour depends on how good the ASR is, and it isn't good at all. I have to correct 75% of the document in addition to format every document according to whatever ridiculous demands in the CP for the multitude of accounts I receive during a shift.

There are some people doing okay to well. They have accounts with ASR of the quality we were promised. Some have accounts with a lot of report standards requiring only filling in a field here and there, if that. I was lucky enough to get a few reports like that last night, but they were outside my usual accounts, so I get to see how the "other half lives". I am so jealous of those who get that account as their primary account.

All is not equal in this company and, due to ASR quality and the presence or absence of standard text templates, some MTs are doing very well at MM, but, from what I see, not many of us are doing well as documented by the lph average of 186 according to Amy.

186 x 0.04 - do the math

[ In Reply To ..]
and I didn't come up with that figure, Amy did. She apparently thinks that's "cutting it" as they say.
You assume happy MTs only do the minimum?? I would - imagine *less than* MT does minimum. sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Princess Amy's figures geared to the lower denominator.

oh, and the ones who have no work - they might be unhappy

[ In Reply To ..]
but everyone else is thrilled to bits.

Am sure they are unhappy but only they can stop themselves - from being happy. I cant, you SM

[ In Reply To ..]
cant. Even happy MTs know there are many that are not and we agree that is horrible. But only unhappy MT can change that. You can imagine your life is horrible and everybody has it out for you and nobody is fair with you and nobody care if you can pay your bills. Or you can do something to change all that.

Well, yeah, nobody at MM cares if you can pay your bills but why would you think they would care? They are a business, in it for money. If this is a concept you cannot tolerate, this probably isnt the best job for you.

I just cant imagine living my life in such a dark state of mind. That doesnt make me perfect. It means I just know how I want to live my life and looking for the worse of everything is not how I want to spend my time.
Only they can stop themselve from being UNhappy, but guess - the post as originally made is true also. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
so they are choosing to be unhappy - because they have no work?
[ In Reply To ..]
isn't that kind of like choosing to be unhappy because your husband is cheating on you?
They are choosing to be unhappy if they are doing nothing - to change that. Must not be too unhappy. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I just don't think it's that much to ask - that a company who hired them
[ In Reply To ..]
hired them and pays them on production provides them with work. Maybe not on the schedule they prefer or the accounts they are used to but somewhere and somehow. There are people who have gone weeks without work.
Agree MM should always have work, but they dont. And if NJA - is intolerable, only U can change situation nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
No they could change the situation - its called workflow
[ In Reply To ..]
the people who handle the work flow are supposed to analyze the situation, move people if necessary. Some areas have too much work, some not enough. Or they could stop hiring more people and use the people they have. They hire people, they need to give them work. They can't give them work, they need to let them go. End of discussion.
MM is what it is. If that doesnt work for you, only you can - change it. And MM, I am sure, would SM
[ In Reply To ..]
be happy to see MTs leave as opposed to having to pay MU pay. It is not like MM is forcing anybody to stay that has NJA.
but they can't bring themselves to do the right thing - and pay unemployment
[ In Reply To ..]
I was totally shocked that they laid off the few that they did, they've been so unwilling to pay unemployment. We've established that MModal is America's greatest employer; they should start acting like it.
They are doing business. Not here to coddle MT, worry about MT - Here to make money for SM
[ In Reply To ..]
shareholders, period. If any think MM is going to change their practices for the sake of MT welfare, I have a bridge to sell. THis is how it is. Either make it work, or go somewhere else.

Telling us what we already know is not going to help anybody

Here's a - survey

[ In Reply To ..]
how long have you been an MT? How long have you worked for MM? Please list the things that make you happiest about working at MM. 

Maybe this tired, bitter, broke, aching hands, computer chained, 60 yo soon to be ex-MT desperately looking for other jobs so as to avoid eating cat food in her old age needs to be reminded just how good she's got it!

survey - LOVE IT! nm - hound

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Could not have said it better myself - me

[ In Reply To ..]
After 30+ years and now bringing home in 2 weeks what I used to make in 2 days, someone please remind me how good I have it also.

oh boy - its going to be a long day nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

If things are so terrible in Bangladesh - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
how come they have so many workers?

Because THERE'S A SUCKER BORN EVERY MINUTE. - That"s why.

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Stupid Question: How Do You Write 14 One Thousands Of An Inch
Jul 09, 2012

Havent woken up yet thats my excuse for stupidy today and Im sticking to it... ...

Thousands Of Patient Medical Records Found
Jul 13, 2013

How they wound up there is anyone's guess. ...

Former Accentus - Anybody Else Think HR Acted Like We Make Thousands Of Dollars A Month? Geez.
Nov 22, 2013

I love being an MT.  But it is truly time to accept the inevitable and move on.   The pay now totally sucks and it's very detrimental to my health.  I can do this, and will.   After the holidays, I am making changes.  I always said I never wanted to go back and work in an office but I do believe that day has finally come!  I have known the reality of what was happening, yet have hung on for the flexiblity (which probably is gone again now too with th ...

Medicak INK - Looking For The Good Things/bad Things
Aug 23, 2013

Considering making a move to this company.  Spoke with owner and she sounds delightful. Just wondering if anyone has any info on the company...anything at all!  Thank you! ...

Terrible Experiences....
Jul 27, 2010

I have had horrible experiences with 2 companies in the past few months that I thought were different and would turn out much better than most medical transcription companies out there. Well, the first one let me go because of lack of work.  They had outdated equipment and are actually holding my last check claiming that I did not mail the equipment, and I did.  The last check doesn't amount to much and probably isn't worth the time or trouble to try to get it as I am curren ...

Stentel Ad--terrible Pay
May 09, 2013

5 to 5-1/2 per line for straight transcription/ 2-1/2 cents per line for VR.  Are they out of their ever-loving minds?  Anyone would be better off at a beginning clerical job that requires no skills at $10 per hour PLUS a couple of benefits, even if that just means you are an employee and have your taxes (i.e., social security, medicare) and other state/federally mandated business costs covered by the employer.  It just keeps getting ugiler.  And truly, are we supposed to ...

Terrible Audio
Aug 18, 2013

I have been having exceptionally bad audio lately from normally good dictators and wonder why. Could this be another cost cutting measure somehow, or maybe they okayed docs to dictate under water or in their car or wherever on old crappy cell phones or something? It's bad enough to have to face the daily FIESA attack, but to take double the time to get through a report because of horrific audio is just the icing on the cake. Anybody else find this? Frustrating when you are trying to speed ...

When You Have Terrible Dictators
Apr 14, 2014

You know the ones I mean. They don't speak full sentence or even words and fly like the wind..Do you copy the job and send it to TSM or QA lead to have them listen and try and get the doc to do better, or do you just send it to QA in all its glory with a zillion blanks..I'm 2/2 in a row and really po'd at this point. ...

BeyondTXT Platform TERRIBLE
Oct 17, 2012

I felt that I had to let MTs know some information about the BeyondTXT platform.... I have been an acute care MT for 30 years and I recently went with Transcend/Nuance using the above platform. For example, compared to some other programs like DocuMed, Dictaphone, etc., it is absolutely the worst and most unfriendly program I have ever trained or worked on. It is not all-in-one area.  Your work pool is in one area and the document is in another, plus the demographic screens are all over t ...

I Know This Is Terrible, But Reading A Post Below
Dec 01, 2014

At least you are now being paid minimum wage.  When I worked here, they sent out E-mails threatening "You do not want MUP (make-up pay)! "  If you have not met your line requirements, corrective action will be taken.....   For what it's worth, you guys achieved this.  You refused to accept not even making minimum wage.  You kept track of times when you ran out of work.  You submitted your webclock hours with information that reflected when you were out of work ...

Amphion Terrible Company
Dec 10, 2014

Amphion was a terrible company for whom to work.  Mean people.  I take pride in my work only to have it slashed, sometimes ruined, turned in that way to the hospitals.  Very low pay and negligible benefits, with late paychecks too.  No respect shown to employees.  Don't even go there.  OOW starting Thanksgiving Day.   ...

Well, We Got To A Whole Week Without Being Told How Terrible We Are.
Jun 22, 2015

Somehow, last week they must not have done an audit because there was a pleasant email silence from the QAM. But today...boy did she give our group a reaming and a nice raving rant. Missed the mark by 7/100th of a percent. I see I am not on the perfect list again despite my efforts. Must have missed an a or the. Apparently, I am not on the critical error list. It is noteworthy that the numerical critical errors are numbers that can sound alike with the poor audio we get. Heck, who is ...

MQ Wonders Never Cease- TAT Terrible Under Lockdown
Jul 20, 2010

We just got an email letting us know how terrible our TAT has been for the past week.  Um, we are on lockdown!  And even if I wanted to help out (which I don't) there are no shifts available on the swap board to help out.   So whose fault is it do you think?  Certainly not the MTs, but we are getting blamed and now asked to work OT with no shifts available to pick up.  This lockdown was supposed to be the answer to MQ prayers- watch me while I do an "I tol ...

Doctors With Terrible Dictating Habits
Aug 01, 2012

I have noticed in my years as a transcriptionist the horrible sound effects I hear from some doctors.  I just now transcribed a doctor who throughout the entire dictation must have coughed and loudly cleared his throat 20 times.  I had another one who used to burp, chew food and yawn; dictating the entire time without pausing.  AND believe it or not, I had a doctor FALL ASLEEP while dictating, no joke.  I find this so rude it is not even funny.  Not to mention the doctor ...

Flunked An Audit But I Don't Really Care, Is That Terrible?
Jun 24, 2013

Am supposed to call QC to have a "mandatory" meeting but you know what?? I really don't care at this point. I am sick and tired of these stupid audits and the ticky tack crap that we get audited for. I am at the point where I want to get fired to get u/e. I am just tired and burned out. ...

Sound Quality And Dictators Terrible?...sm
Dec 02, 2013

Current Probity employee about to be sucked up by the impersonal big company.  Anyway, has anybody noticed in the last two weeks all the good dictators are gone and there's nothing left but the garbage dictators and poor sound quality?  I have struggled all evening and have a total of about 300 lines.  Ran out of work both Saturday and Sunday nights which has never happened in the past.  Either I'm on the s**t list or the work is already transitioning somewhere else ...

I Have Heard, From The Archives, That IMedx Has Terrible Wages, Withholds....sm
Dec 23, 2011

withholds up to 50% for errors or such; I am a long-time MT and have a QA score above 99, but that scares me.  Also, I heard the wages were low, and the platform bad.  This would be for straight typing, which is great for me.......Could I please have input here?  This is IC, BTW, I got an immediate response, the testing is very long, though, so I would like to know if it is worth it???  THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!! =) ...

US Transcriptions
Oct 08, 2010

Anybody heard of or know anything about US Transcriptions out of Iowa? ...

Same Day Transcriptions?
Mar 15, 2012

I was hoping to find some recent information regarding the above-mentioned company. I have searched the archives, but the most recent posts seem to be from 3-4 years ago. I'm specifically hoping for some feedback from people who either work/have worked there or know someone who does. Also wondering if they hire as IC or employee status. Thanks! ...

Anything About RI Unlimited Transcriptions?
Oct 15, 2009

Does anyone know anything about RI Unlimited Transcriptions? I have recently tested and passed and been interviewed to become an independent contractor with them, but was wondering if anyone is or has worked for them and their reputation before I commit myself. ...

WBG Transcriptions Service? Any One Know Them
Jan 17, 2010

NM ...

Preferred Transcriptions In PA?
Feb 09, 2010

Any information about this company would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

PREFERRED TRANSCRIPTIONS
May 05, 2010

Anyone have any recent info on "Preferred Transcriptions?" I see they are hiring and have searched the Archives, but would like to know if anyone works for them currently or has in the past few months who could give me some info on whether they are a good company to work for, do they have plenty of work, etc. I would appreciate any current info anyone might have! Thanks! ...

Anything About Transcriptions Express? 
Apr 18, 2011

Does anyone know anything about Transcriptions Express?  In researching them I found 3 complaints on the Rip Off Report about them.  They, evidently, charge for early termination, is this standard?  They also charge for equipment if you don't have any.  I think this is just a way for some companies to increase their bottom line.  It sounds like these were just disgruntled ex-employees.  There have been no new complaints since 2009 and the BBB doesn't have any complaints about the ...

EMT Medical Transcriptions
May 22, 2011

Does anyone know anythiing about EMT Medical Transcription from Miami? ...

Chase Transcriptions
Nov 23, 2011

Stay AWAY froim Chase Transcriptionis!!I jumped through hoops to get hired at this company.  Took an oral test over the phone and aced it.  Then took test on-line and aced it.  Then, they never got back to me on anything.  I called the company and they said that they only contact the person they hired.  How rude and unprofessional not to at least drop a canned email letting someone know that another was hired.  I would never work for this company, for no amount of m ...

Happy Transcriptions?
Oct 21, 2012

No address or FAX to send a resume. What kind of an ad is this? Is this a joke? ...

Secure Transcriptions
Jan 15, 2013

Has anyone ever transcribed for Secure Transcriptions? If so, what was your experience like? Did you get paid? Thanks! ...

Chase Transcriptions, Inc
Sep 08, 2013

Are There Still Any Companies That Do VA Transcriptions?
Oct 23, 2014

If so, what is the pay normally for VA work? I remember it being a lot better than most MTSO pay. ...