A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Terrible audio - just recently

Posted: Aug 18, 2013

I have been having exceptionally bad audio lately from normally good dictators and wonder why. Could this be another cost cutting measure somehow, or maybe they okayed docs to dictate under water or in their car or wherever on old crappy cell phones or something?

It's bad enough to have to face the daily FIESA attack, but to take double the time to get through a report because of horrific audio is just the icing on the cake. Anybody else find this? Frustrating when you are trying to speed up without mistakes to have to deal with greater than usual audio problems.

same here - new but old

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought it was just me. The audio has been horrible on so many of my dictators. It is hard enough to try and make all their standards but now it is even worse

It is like watching TV through "snow"...n/m - Timmy

[ In Reply To ..]
N/m

Yes - Allison

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I am getting a lot of static in the background and good dictators are fading in and out. I had one dictator who I had to put in 40 blanks because the audio was so bad, and I have never had to do that with her before. Also, the new edition of Editscript I am on is terrible. The one I started out with when I started was better!

Similar Messages:

Terrible Experiences....
Jul 27, 2010

I have had horrible experiences with 2 companies in the past few months that I thought were different and would turn out much better than most medical transcription companies out there. Well, the first one let me go because of lack of work.  They had outdated equipment and are actually holding my last check claiming that I did not mail the equipment, and I did.  The last check doesn't amount to much and probably isn't worth the time or trouble to try to get it as I am curren ...

Stentel Ad--terrible Pay
May 09, 2013

5 to 5-1/2 per line for straight transcription/ 2-1/2 cents per line for VR.  Are they out of their ever-loving minds?  Anyone would be better off at a beginning clerical job that requires no skills at $10 per hour PLUS a couple of benefits, even if that just means you are an employee and have your taxes (i.e., social security, medicare) and other state/federally mandated business costs covered by the employer.  It just keeps getting ugiler.  And truly, are we supposed to ...

When You Have Terrible Dictators
Apr 14, 2014

You know the ones I mean. They don't speak full sentence or even words and fly like the wind..Do you copy the job and send it to TSM or QA lead to have them listen and try and get the doc to do better, or do you just send it to QA in all its glory with a zillion blanks..I'm 2/2 in a row and really po'd at this point. ...

BeyondTXT Platform TERRIBLE
Oct 17, 2012

I felt that I had to let MTs know some information about the BeyondTXT platform.... I have been an acute care MT for 30 years and I recently went with Transcend/Nuance using the above platform. For example, compared to some other programs like DocuMed, Dictaphone, etc., it is absolutely the worst and most unfriendly program I have ever trained or worked on. It is not all-in-one area.  Your work pool is in one area and the document is in another, plus the demographic screens are all over t ...

I Know This Is Terrible, But Reading A Post Below
Dec 01, 2014

At least you are now being paid minimum wage.  When I worked here, they sent out E-mails threatening "You do not want MUP (make-up pay)! "  If you have not met your line requirements, corrective action will be taken.....   For what it's worth, you guys achieved this.  You refused to accept not even making minimum wage.  You kept track of times when you ran out of work.  You submitted your webclock hours with information that reflected when you were out of work ...

Amphion Terrible Company
Dec 10, 2014

Amphion was a terrible company for whom to work.  Mean people.  I take pride in my work only to have it slashed, sometimes ruined, turned in that way to the hospitals.  Very low pay and negligible benefits, with late paychecks too.  No respect shown to employees.  Don't even go there.  OOW starting Thanksgiving Day.   ...

Well, We Got To A Whole Week Without Being Told How Terrible We Are.
Jun 22, 2015

Somehow, last week they must not have done an audit because there was a pleasant email silence from the QAM. But today...boy did she give our group a reaming and a nice raving rant. Missed the mark by 7/100th of a percent. I see I am not on the perfect list again despite my efforts. Must have missed an a or the. Apparently, I am not on the critical error list. It is noteworthy that the numerical critical errors are numbers that can sound alike with the poor audio we get. Heck, who is ...

MQ Wonders Never Cease- TAT Terrible Under Lockdown
Jul 20, 2010

We just got an email letting us know how terrible our TAT has been for the past week.  Um, we are on lockdown!  And even if I wanted to help out (which I don't) there are no shifts available on the swap board to help out.   So whose fault is it do you think?  Certainly not the MTs, but we are getting blamed and now asked to work OT with no shifts available to pick up.  This lockdown was supposed to be the answer to MQ prayers- watch me while I do an "I tol ...

Doctors With Terrible Dictating Habits
Aug 01, 2012

I have noticed in my years as a transcriptionist the horrible sound effects I hear from some doctors.  I just now transcribed a doctor who throughout the entire dictation must have coughed and loudly cleared his throat 20 times.  I had another one who used to burp, chew food and yawn; dictating the entire time without pausing.  AND believe it or not, I had a doctor FALL ASLEEP while dictating, no joke.  I find this so rude it is not even funny.  Not to mention the doctor ...

Flunked An Audit But I Don't Really Care, Is That Terrible?
Jun 24, 2013

Am supposed to call QC to have a "mandatory" meeting but you know what?? I really don't care at this point. I am sick and tired of these stupid audits and the ticky tack crap that we get audited for. I am at the point where I want to get fired to get u/e. I am just tired and burned out. ...

Sound Quality And Dictators Terrible?...sm
Dec 02, 2013

Current Probity employee about to be sucked up by the impersonal big company.  Anyway, has anybody noticed in the last two weeks all the good dictators are gone and there's nothing left but the garbage dictators and poor sound quality?  I have struggled all evening and have a total of about 300 lines.  Ran out of work both Saturday and Sunday nights which has never happened in the past.  Either I'm on the s**t list or the work is already transitioning somewhere else ...

It Things Are So Terrible At MModal How Do They Have Thousands Of US Transcriptions
Jun 01, 2013

Surely everyone can't be unhappy, right? ...

I Have Heard, From The Archives, That IMedx Has Terrible Wages, Withholds....sm
Dec 23, 2011

withholds up to 50% for errors or such; I am a long-time MT and have a QA score above 99, but that scares me.  Also, I heard the wages were low, and the platform bad.  This would be for straight typing, which is great for me.......Could I please have input here?  This is IC, BTW, I got an immediate response, the testing is very long, though, so I would like to know if it is worth it???  THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!! =) ...

DVD To Audio
Dec 10, 2009

One of my clients has a DVD of a meeting he would like transcribed. Does anyone know of software that he or I can use to convert it to an audio file? I normally use Express Scribe to transcribe their work. Does anyone have experience in this or know of a preferably free software program that can do this? Thank you. ...

Audio
Aug 10, 2010

I am a "newbie."   I have tested for 2 small companies and the audio was so bad I just couldn't hear enough to transcribe.  Are all dictations this bad, or is it just some of them?   The parts I could understand were fairly simple, but the audio sounded like a tape recorder when you are holding down rewind and play at the same time.  I am just curious.  Maybe my hearing is just not what it should be.   Appreciate any response, ...

Anybody Else's Audio Very
Oct 11, 2010

I haven't had this problem for a long time, but the audio is taking a long time to load today. What a draaaaaaaaag. ...

Anyone Else Not Getting Audio On DQS? Sm
Dec 06, 2010

I put this on wrong board before.   Here it is Sun/Mon and I am getting DQS to load jobs, but can get NO AUDIO on them at all.  Thought it was the headphones MQ sent us as a gift last year, so changed to my Bose stereo headphones.  I can get audio on anything else, just not DQS.   Give us a BREAK MQ,  please I want to work..!!!!    ...

Pay For Audio
Apr 27, 2012

in contacting a general transcription company for work, I was told "a one-on-one interview, 60 - 90 minute tapes, generally generates $40-$45 per tape."  does this seem like a low figure??  I don't know much about these types of dictations. They said most transcriptionists complete one 60 to 90 minute tape per day.  so how long do you think it would take to complete 90 minutes of two people interview and is $45 too low for that type of work??  just asking.  ...

0.16 Per Audio Minute?
Feb 05, 2010

Has anyone heard of pay at 0.16 per audio minute for medical transcription?  They told me I could make at least $10 an hour or more at this rate.  This seems impossible to me... What do you think? ...

Bayscribe Audio
Feb 23, 2010

Problem with audio downloading on Bayscribe.  Rebooted x20, replugged foot pedal, etc. Don't know what else to do.  Help anyone. ...

Poor Audio
Mar 09, 2010

Doesn't it just seem wrong when you can hear the neighboring doctor's dictation better than you can YOUR dictator?  Do they just hand the phone across the way and say "would you hold this for me?"  ...

Pay Per Hour Of Audio
Apr 22, 2010

I'm looking at a job that pays 50-55 dollars per recorded hour of audio.  This is interview or straight dictation transcription.  Does this sound okay?  I'm thinking if it takes me 2 hours to transcribe an hour, that wouldn't be such a bad deal.  I'm just not sure how long it would take me.  I do transcribe very fast...shortcuts are used for medical but can implement for this type of transcription as well.  Just not sure that the pay is reasonabl ...

$10 Per Audio Hour?
Mar 04, 2011

I'm a new graduate of Career Step, looking for work. Some Dr. wants to pay $10/audio hour? How many lines might that be? apay approx.? Rich ...

Audio Help - Tools, Etc - THANKS!!
Apr 12, 2011

x ...

Audio Hour
Nov 06, 2011

About how much transcribing is 1 hour of audio? ...

Pay Per Audio Hour
Dec 15, 2011

How long does it take to transcribe 1 audio hour of dictation?  When I started, I was told we should average it as 10 minutes per every hour, but 10 minutes seems low to me now.  It would probably take me about 20 minutes to do a 10 minute job today, with proofing and looking up words, etc.  Then again, if you are learning something new, that might not be so unrealistic.  Just looking for opinions on this from those who have done it.  Keep in mind, I would be doing non-m ...

General Audio At 6 Cpl?
Dec 19, 2011

Offered 6 cpl (65-char) for general audio (movies and television shows).  Is this good or bad?  I thought audio transcription was usually paid per audio hour.  I've only done MT for 20+ years, so this is new to me.   Thanks for any input/advice!   ...

$$ Per Audio Hour
May 18, 2012

I am just wondering about what $50 per audio hour of dictation would amount to approximately.  I am no good at these things, but I suspect it is low.  Just an average would be good.  tia.  ...

Pay Per Audio Minute At 7 CPL?
Jul 19, 2012

Experienced MTs needed for multiple accounts/specialties - CCT Posted: Jul 19th, 2012 - 9:12 am Experienced Medical Transcriptionists needed on several accounts (3 years of MT experience is required to apply for each of the below) - Multispecialty account (orthopedics, gastroenterology, plastic surgery, internal medicine, oncology) - pay is per audio minute of dictation.  Full time applicants only.  Upon signing contract, please note it will take at least 5 busin ...

DQ7 Is Stuck, Cannot Get Audio, Anyone Else?
Jul 25, 2012

nm ...