Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

This is exactly what happened to our hospital 3 years ago. - CEllen

Posted: Mar 20th, 2018 - 1:48 pm In Reply to: Company outsourcing to Nuance - MTMonica

Our hospital in the Southwest (Arizona to be exact) also closed their MT department and went with Nuance. I have been an MT message board member (for want of a better word) for almost 20 years now, and it took all of my willpower to stop myself from standing up during the meeting and saying, LIARS, and walking out. I'd read the horror stories for years and I knew whatever they were selling, it was not true.

About 15 MTs from our department went with Nuance, despite my pleading and telling them what I knew. No one listened. Fast forward six months after the takeover, and every. last. one. of them had quit or were let go from Nuance. No idea where they are now.

I miss MT every day. I chose to stay at the hospital in a different department. Less money and I have to work in the office, but I kept my vacation time, my benefits, and.... most important.... I have a job. I am only a couple of years to retirement.

Again. I miss MT terribly, and I still grieve the loss of a skill that I loved and was good at, but the handwriting is on the wall for those who dare to read it -- MT is dead. I wish it could come back, but wishing will not make it so.

If you work at a hospital and are young enough, take any job and use their continuing education program and get into something else. The stories you see here are true. The big N is about as bad as it can get. Do NOT give up your security at the hospital to sign on with them. If you do, and things don't work out (that is almost a given) you will have blown the opportunity to re-deploy at your hospital and will have to start over from scratch. I wish you luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)