Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

this is what I think happens - StillAnMT

Posted: Mar 20th, 2018 - 1:18 pm In Reply to: Company outsourcing to Nuance - MTMonica

This is conjecture on my part after reading posts here all these years and also after talking to a hospital administrator whom I know personally.

Your hospital is concerned about you and your future. Nuance has assured them that you will be in good hands with them. They have also offered to make sure they pay you enough so that the hospital will not have to worry about unemployment claims that you might have if Nuance did not pay you enough.

Nuance needs you because you know the doctors, and what they are doing in the background is using you to teach their voice recognition software to do the job. That probably takes about six months. After about six months, you will see the easy doctors start disappearing. Only the hard ones remain because the voice recognition software cannot do them very good. They will try to put you on other accounts to make up for the loss, but those are also other difficult dictators that the voice recognition software cannot pick up. Apparently there are a lot of transcriptionists who are willing to work for low pay under these circumstances because the pay scale never seems to go up. In fact, it is going down so that must mean there are TONS of transcriptionists to take your place should you choose to move on.

Bottom line, if you plan on going with Nuance, give yourself about a six-month timeline before moving on. Or just transfer to another job now at your hospital, if you can, and skip the whole Nuance thing altogether. If you do not have a game plan for this and take charge of your future, you will be demoralized by the whole process.

Good luck. Again, this is conjecture on my part, but I think it is pretty accurate. I am sure the Nuance transcriptionists while chime in on this one way or the other.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)