A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

s/l doctor horse machine - ca

Posted: Sep 14, 2011

This patient has carpal tunnel syndrome. Doctor says:  "she has been using rigid night splints,  (s/l) doctor horse machine, and ice packs which help her symptoms." 

Help!

capsaicin or some other kind of cream? - Could that be it? NM

[ In Reply To ..]
n

no, but maybe some type of meshing perhaps? - ca

[ In Reply To ..]

Maybe... - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
some kind of medications all run together...ibuprofen, Motrin ?? Or maybe cortisone injection ??

I asked him.. it is "Dr. Ho's machine" - ca

[ In Reply To ..]
Dr. Ho's machine

New one on me. : ) - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
`

Similar Messages:

Beating A Dead Horse But...
Sep 20, 2010

The problem with making money with ASR is, I swear my fingers are moving just as much, but all over the board, not how we all learned to go fast, fingers on the home keys and move from there.  My hands are trying to fly all over....arrow keys, end, ctrl/shift/arrow to highlight, over to delete, try to find my way back, only to move off home keys to arrow some more.  If I could connect a pedometer on my fingers, I know it would show they are moving just as much without the same producti ...

For Those That Like To Beat A Dead Horse
Jan 30, 2011

Have some respect for the dead... come on. ...

CPAP Machine
Dec 17, 2009

I have a patient with sleep apnea and the doctor states the pateint will need a "break" CPAP at home.  The only other thing it sounds like is a "brick" CPAP.  I don't think it's either, but definitely not brick.  I've done an extensive Google search so danged many times today with all of the crappy docs I've had, and I am so sick of Google, I could just about rip my computer off my desk and smash it against the wall.  Either that, ...

CPAP Machine S/l En-hence...
Dec 19, 2009

He has a history of sleep apnea and uses a CPAP machine _____ (s/l en-hence). Help? ...

Virtual Machine
Apr 26, 2012

Has anyone used a virtual machine? My PC turned out to have an incompable operating system, so they are sending a virtual machine. I understand I will only be using their virtual machine to do the transcription. I am wondering I can still use my PC to research online while working, since I will probably be using the Internet connection on the virtual machine, right? ...

TROJAN HORSE FOUND IN EXTEXT AT DTS
Nov 30, 2010

I have found a trojan horse that is downloaded into our computers everytime we log into a job on ExText at DTS.  I thought at first it might have been in my computer but, then had them download into a new computer and it was there again.  I have protection from viruses, spyware and malware on my computer but, there was only one program that found the trojan horse.  It is called trojan.goldun.  Look it up, it can transmit all your personal information into whoever has put ...

Coding - From The Horse's Mouth To This Board
Nov 10, 2011

I just spoke with a young woman named Bailey at the AAPC.  AAPC only does outpatient coding certification, not inpatient.  Inpatient is obtained through AHIMA.  CPC requires 2 years of experience.  CPC exam can be taken without the 2 years of experience but will have an apprentice designation on your credential, CPC-A.  The apprentice would be dropped after 2 years of experience.   AHIMA's requirements are much different:  Certified Coding Associate (CCA ...

I Hate To Beat A Dead Horse, But...........
Jun 10, 2014

Down below when I was trying to figure out if the reason I got laid off was because I was PT (CCM told me all PT were being laid off) or that I was in California (I thought maybe this was the case).....I realize that neither of these are true. I know there are still plenty of PT'ers left AND MTs in CA. So the only thing left (since like I said I always passed their stupid audits and always worked my graveyard/Saturday/sunday/all holidays shifts is that they were just trying to get rid of ...

Steno Machine And MTing
Oct 16, 2009

I have been using a steno machine to do this job since the year 2000.  I would have a difficult time returning to typing on a QWERTY board for MT'ing...way too slow and painful on the hands, etc.  On a good day on a familiar account, I can produce 250 lines an hour, no sweat.  I was trained in school to reach 225 words per minute, which I did back in 1992, to qualify to take the California state board exam.  I would encourage anyone to take the time and effort to learn s ...

HELP! XP Virtual Machine In Windows 7.
May 09, 2011

My computer crashed. I bought a new computer that has Windows 7. The hospital I work for uses a Cisco VPN client that will not work with Windows 7. I bought the Windows 7 professional upgrade and set up the XP virtual system. Now everything works except my foot pedal (Infinity IN-DVIUSB). It seems this it is not truly a USB device but is a HIB device. I am going crazy without a foot pedal. Has anyone else gone through this? Is there a pedal that works with XP virtual machine? I tried t ...

Question: If You Need A Fax Machine Or Printer For A Job...
Oct 14, 2014

Does that suggest you will need daily patient lists faxed to you that are hard to read and you have to stop and glean information from them that you are not being paid to do? Just wondering.  I just assumed all of that from the need of a fax machine.  Anyone else venture a guess?      ...

Silent Type Beating A Dead Horse
Feb 21, 2014

I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but wondering it anyone has any fresh insight or knowledge (without bashing).  It just seems so silly, we're all adults here, why can't she just come out and say what's going on so we can make an informed decision about what to do?  ...

I Know I'm Beating A Dead Horse Here, But Is There Anyone Here Going To Sign With Mercedes?
Sep 06, 2014

d ...

Ghost In My Machine? Brand New Computer
Nov 26, 2009

I bought a new Dell back in August and have nothing but problems with it. First I had a ? board error, then for a few days had a keyboard failure. During all this, my font size keeps changing. One day I can barely read it (looks like this) and other days, (it looks like this). The menu bars now are so small, I can barely read them, yet the font size is so large, the words run off the edge of the screen. I have spent most of my time off work trying to figure it out. I went into display and ...

Got A Message On Machine Today From MQ Recruiter
Jun 02, 2011

I have been working for MQ for years! Wish I had been home to get that call and have fun playing along, LOL ...

Got This From Nuance India Website. (not Trying To Beat A Dead Horse, Here)
Jul 19, 2012

I just thought this was kind of absurd... "The future of Medical Transcription, as of today, is in use of Speech Recognition Technology. With the advent of this technology, manual typing has been eliminated. The Recognition percentage in most of the leading speech recognition software products is around 80% to 85%."http://www.ntsindia.in/mttraining.asp ...

Good Morning. Help! Doc Is Saying Quick-look Echo On S/l Sono Cardiac Machine Sm
Feb 25, 2012

I'm thinking sono for sonogram, but not sure. Thanks! ...

Overheard A Doctor Telling Another Doctor...
Oct 15, 2010

20 years ago when the DRG's hit the hospitals, one  was complaing to the other... "they treat doctors like a bunch of old dogs now".  Well, that's how  MTs are being treated now.  Why on God's green earth do the MT services require all MT's to work at least one weekend day every week (Friday's and Monday's  don't count). Every ad I see on the Job Seeker board requires weekends.  Are they sadistic or something.  Why do we put u ...

If The Doctor Says MTP Sm
Nov 10, 2009

The patient presents today for followup on her right first MTP. should it be... metatarsophalangeal and the word joint after it or can it just be metarsophalangeal? tia. ...

Do You Ever Wonder How A Doctor (ESL Or Non-ESL) Would
Feb 20, 2010

react if we went in their offices and talked so fast that they couldn't understand what we said, if we ate during our visit, or yawned and continued talking?  I'm just going to wager a guess that they wouldn't appreciate it very much.  Sometimes, I think it would be fun to try just to see their reactions.  There are some that I transcribe that if I ever got the chance to do that I would.  Have an ESL right now that's talking way too fast.  Do they not ...

Anyone Else Have A Doctor Who ........ (sm)
Aug 05, 2010

Rambles on, makes no sense throughout the dictation at all, does not make complete sentences, dictates on a patient in the WRONG chart constantly, follows no format, which is required by YOU, cuts himself off but yet when you can understand him, he has a "bright" moment and makes sense is an absolute joy to transcribe????  Oh, and did I mention that he only dictates every third day even though he sees patients on a daily basis???? Mini-vent over, back to the confusion ... TIA ...

New Doctor
Nov 06, 2010

It sounds like he says Plantar response is flexor bilaterally in his physical exam portion but he says it so fast I'm not sure I have it right.  ...

Gee, Doctor
Jul 08, 2014

to dictate, as long as you are already in your car & eating a box of Cracker Jack.  ...

How Can You Be A Doctor And
Aug 16, 2014

I mean, seriously. What are they teaching these ESL docs now?? <--me, rolling eyes ...

Really Doctor
Jan 27, 2015

Document 1836 long.  Doctor walked away from phone at 153 and I had to listen to a bunch of garbage.  thank you so much for being an incosiderate boob.  ...

Well Thank You Doctor...
Mar 10, 2015

Apologies from a physician who is stumbling over his words while valiantly making an effort to dictate clearly.  Wish we had more docs like this. ...

Yes, Doctor
May 10, 2015

while you take a long personal call.  After all, I'm just a computer. ...

Really Doctor?
Jun 03, 2015

doesn't actually pause the recording.  And saying "Unpause" doesn't make it start again.  This isn't even the same doctor that calls me "computer."  "Computer go back to the HPI and..."  Beam me up!! ...

What About A Doctor's Responsibility?
Oct 20, 2009

I got in trouble today because I put a wrong patient.  The doctor dictated a billing number, name, and MRN.  The MRN was had a different patient, but the billing number and the patient name matched the ADT screen.  Not to mention the fact that he kept using "she" in the dictation and the MRN number matched a "he".  So logically one would just think he had the wrong MRN and I didn't want another QA submission so I sent it through with the correct billing number, name, and ...

Doctor's Address
Oct 31, 2009

I need the address for Dr. Jill Rue, family doc in Kentucky or southern indiana. thx ...