A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Question: If you need a fax machine or printer for a job... - does that mean the platform is clunky?

Posted: Oct 14, 2014

Does that suggest you will need daily patient lists faxed to you that are hard to read and you have to stop and glean information from them that you are not being paid to do?

Just wondering.  I just assumed all of that from the need of a fax machine. 

Anyone else venture a guess? 

It would to me, sounds old-fashioned/unpaid clerical work nm - acuteMLS

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

I think fax machines are obsolete. I got one - in 1999, used it once, and - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
it has sat on my desk gathering dust and cat-fur ever since. I still have a small printer for my own use, mainly printing out rental agreements for my landlord, whom I work for part-time as building manager.

Fax sm - Kindred Spirit

[ In Reply To ..]
I know, I feel the same way about it being obsolete. Then, the moment you get rid of that dusty old fax machine, you NEED one! Unbelievable. Happened to me. Bought another (cheap) one. Now it sits. We were paying so much money at Goin' Postal thought we might as well buy another one.

LOL Life is funny that way, huh!

Printer or fax - Beware

[ In Reply To ..]
I needed one a few years back, they would fax patient information for mammograms and other exams. I went through a ton of paper and constantly buying cartridges, without reimbursement. It got very expensive. Unless they are going to reimburse you or supply you with ink and paper, I would forget it.

Agree. Unless you are getting paid hourly... - you will be

[ In Reply To ..]
doing a lot of unpaid work.

Thanks, all. (nm) - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
;0)

Similar Messages:

Printer Problem
Jul 15, 2010

I have a Canon MP240 printer that ran out of black ink.  I replaced the cartrige and the printer will not recognize that there is ink in it.  This has never happened before  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks! Shelly ...

Weird Printer
Jun 23, 2012

I just sent a document to my Hewlett Packard printer and set it for 3 copies.  The first copy was fine.  The second and third copies looked like a new language.  On further inspection, it was obvious that each letter of the alphabet and number was offset by one.  In other words, a became b, b became c, 1 became 2, etc.  When I sent a request to print just one more copy at a time, it printed just fine.  This is undoubtedly the strangest thing that I've ever had ...

The Print On Printer Just Too Small
Jan 25, 2010

Have XP Dell and use Word Office to type up letters and such. No matter how large the print is on the screen of my monitor, when I print it off it is so minute you can hardly see. I have no idea how to set the printer to have larger print. Can anyone give me some assistance? TIA ...

Laptop Doesn't Recognize Printer - SM
Mar 22, 2010

I have a Dell Insprion 1525 and  HP Laserjet 1020.  The HP is not listed in the Dell's list of printers to connect to.  I can't find the disk that came with the printer or the instruction booklet.  Does anyone know of a way I can get the printer to work with the laptop through some other means?  I don't know much about all this stuff so any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you! ...

Easy Assemble 24 Dot Matrix Printer
Jan 20, 2011

Does anyone know if there is an easy to assemble 24 dot matrix printer? ...

Windows XP/printer (non-MT) Tech Question
Jan 27, 2013

Okay, I admit it, I'm being lazy posting here, because it's just a computer tech question, not an MT-equipment-related one.  However, I hang out here and know there are some pretty tech-savvy folks, so I figured it was worth tossing it out there. I have an HP4 LaserJet printer (an OLD workhorse -- we're talking a 20-year-old printer and still going strong) and recently bought a new PC running Windows XP.  The LaserJet is a parallel printer, and the new PC doesn� ...

CPAP Machine
Dec 17, 2009

I have a patient with sleep apnea and the doctor states the pateint will need a "break" CPAP at home.  The only other thing it sounds like is a "brick" CPAP.  I don't think it's either, but definitely not brick.  I've done an extensive Google search so danged many times today with all of the crappy docs I've had, and I am so sick of Google, I could just about rip my computer off my desk and smash it against the wall.  Either that, ...

CPAP Machine S/l En-hence...
Dec 19, 2009

He has a history of sleep apnea and uses a CPAP machine _____ (s/l en-hence). Help? ...

Virtual Machine
Apr 26, 2012

Has anyone used a virtual machine? My PC turned out to have an incompable operating system, so they are sending a virtual machine. I understand I will only be using their virtual machine to do the transcription. I am wondering I can still use my PC to research online while working, since I will probably be using the Internet connection on the virtual machine, right? ...

Steno Machine And MTing
Oct 16, 2009

I have been using a steno machine to do this job since the year 2000.  I would have a difficult time returning to typing on a QWERTY board for MT'ing...way too slow and painful on the hands, etc.  On a good day on a familiar account, I can produce 250 lines an hour, no sweat.  I was trained in school to reach 225 words per minute, which I did back in 1992, to qualify to take the California state board exam.  I would encourage anyone to take the time and effort to learn s ...

HELP! XP Virtual Machine In Windows 7.
May 09, 2011

My computer crashed. I bought a new computer that has Windows 7. The hospital I work for uses a Cisco VPN client that will not work with Windows 7. I bought the Windows 7 professional upgrade and set up the XP virtual system. Now everything works except my foot pedal (Infinity IN-DVIUSB). It seems this it is not truly a USB device but is a HIB device. I am going crazy without a foot pedal. Has anyone else gone through this? Is there a pedal that works with XP virtual machine? I tried t ...

S/l Doctor Horse Machine
Sep 14, 2011

This patient has carpal tunnel syndrome. Doctor says:  "she has been using rigid night splints,  (s/l) doctor horse machine, and ice packs which help her symptoms."  Help! ...

Ghost In My Machine? Brand New Computer
Nov 26, 2009

I bought a new Dell back in August and have nothing but problems with it. First I had a ? board error, then for a few days had a keyboard failure. During all this, my font size keeps changing. One day I can barely read it (looks like this) and other days, (it looks like this). The menu bars now are so small, I can barely read them, yet the font size is so large, the words run off the edge of the screen. I have spent most of my time off work trying to figure it out. I went into display and ...

Got A Message On Machine Today From MQ Recruiter
Jun 02, 2011

I have been working for MQ for years! Wish I had been home to get that call and have fun playing along, LOL ...

Good Morning. Help! Doc Is Saying Quick-look Echo On S/l Sono Cardiac Machine Sm
Feb 25, 2012

I'm thinking sono for sonogram, but not sure. Thanks! ...