A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

EScription production - makes a decent living using this platform - Anon

Posted: Aug 20, 2010

I would like to know if anyone makes a decent living using this platform.  Any comments appreciated, i.e., average lines per day, hour, anything to give me better understanding.  Thanks.

No - Eva

[ In Reply To ..]
I personally did not like Escription. It was the most boring thing I ever did. Tried for a year. Back to straight typing now. BIG, BIG cut in pay. Did I say boring. It was so boring.

I SO agree!!! - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I got SO restless sitting there trying to do VR that I could hardly stand myself. Plus knowing you cannot produce NEAR as much or make NEAR as much typing . . . NOT a good deal!

I work on ES part time - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I work 2 days a week about 5 hours a day and at 4.5 c/line editing, 9 c/line typing, average 300 dollars every 2 weeks (IC).

Similar Messages:

Is Anyone Really Making A Decent Living Doing Speech At 4 Cpl?
Jun 09, 2011

I am looking into to taking a second job to make extra money.  My main job pays by the hour as I work directly for a hospital and it is a combination of speech and straight transcription work.  Consequently, I'm thinking maybe taking a strictly speech job would be easier on my neck, shoulders, arms, and hands, but I don't want to be wasting my time.  If I'm not going to make any money doing it, why bother? So I would like to know if there are any MTs out there who ...

Is Anyone Able To Make A Decent Living As A MT Anymore?
Nov 14, 2012

I quit my in-house MT job, a job that I had held for almost 20 years, a little over a year ago because of a new boss who drove me and about 10 other people to quit because she was so hard to work for.  I thought long and hard about it before I quit, but could not see myself putting up with her for the next 10-15 years until I could retire.  She was making some of us physically ill because of stress.  I believe we may have been "creatively downsized".  Since I q ...

Is Anyone Able To Make A Decent Living At Landmark Doing VR?
May 21, 2014

Over the past few months, the account that I am on has gone from being at least half straight typing to almost all VR, with only a very small handful of dictators that are still on straight transcription.  I am having a really hard time making a living since this has happened and my paychecks keep getting smaller and smaller.  I am wondering if anyone else is in the same situation, or if it's just me.  My account is a pretty busy one, but most of these VR reports are a comple ...

Make A Living On The Futurenet MModal Platform?
Oct 23, 2013

Is anyone able to make a living on the Futurenet MModal platform?  My pay has decreased by 3/4s.     ...

Escription Production Anyone Familiar?
Dec 14, 2011

Anyone familiar with Escription that can tell me how they determine production when typing both Escription (edited lines) and traditional transcription (standard lines)?  I mean I know what my line counts are for each but how do they figure them together to determine where my productivity really is?  Thanks for any help with this! ...

How Do They Track Production Time In Escription?
Dec 23, 2012

I work in Escription 9.20 (90% VR).  If I am told I have an average work time of 6.9 hours in Escription, does anyone know exactly how they are tracking to get that figure?  ...

How Is The EScription Platform?
Aug 17, 2012

Do you find it fairly productive & user friendly?  How's the VR? Thanks. ...

How Much Can You Produce On Escription Platform?
Apr 22, 2010

Once you are up to speed on Escription platform, what is a reasonable number of lines per hour you can produce (low to high)?  Thanks in advance. ...

Escription Platform Question
Feb 16, 2012

Is there anyway to retreive a report or part of a report after my computer burped and rebooted itself.  The report went back into the Que, but the report I had done so far is not there.  Would it be stored somewhere on my computer?  Help - this is happening too much today and I am losing lots of reports.  ...

How Can I Be Very Productive Using EScription Platform
Aug 28, 2012

Only being paid 3.7 cpl.   I normally average 250 lines per hour straight typing.  I need to try and get that equivalent in pay.  TIA ...

Need Info On Escription Platform Please (sm)
May 09, 2013

Hello all, have joined new outfit. Anyone willing to share any tips or suggestions for Escription platform? I'm told it is Word based. I'm curious about text expander use. The information mentioned Autotext, Autocorrect and other tools embedded in Word, but also mentioned certain issues related with text replacement. Any suggestions or tips will be much appreciated. ...

Is EScription A Company, Platform, Or What? Nm
Dec 21, 2014

. ...

Frustrated With EScription Platform!
Jan 25, 2015

Is there any way to easily get capitals to change when you add or remove a period? It's so frustrating when, for example, when you take a period out and the next word doesn't automatically capitalize like it does in a lot of other platforms.  Word macros don't seem to work.  : (   ...

Why Is Escription Considered A Good Platform?
Jan 24, 2010

nm ...

VR Platform Escription Versus Dictaphone
Jun 03, 2010

Can anyone tell me how difficult to get lines with escription and dictaphone VR?  Also, any info on TTS would be appreciated also.  Good, bad, ugly?  ...

Is There Any Other VR Platform Besides Escription That You Can Make Money On? Sm
Jun 16, 2010

I know everyone loves Escription, but just wondering if there were other platforms out there. ...

Good Editing Platform Besides Escription?
Sep 18, 2013

Have worked with Escription, liked it, just wondering if there is another good VR platform someone is working in that they think is okay. Thanks ...

Is It Possible To Work Escription Platform On Satellite Internet?
Apr 19, 2012

I realize we were told that we cannot use satellite internet with Escription program, but has anyone actuallyl tried doing this?  I live where they only have satellite internt and commute to a large city, so I can work for Nuance.  So far this has worked out okay, but I really would like to be home more.  Am just wondering if this is possible.  ...

Companies That Use Escription. On The Platform, My Autocorrect Doesnt
May 26, 2014

it will work, and then the next time I try to use the same correction, it will not work. Am I doing something wrong? Is it the platform? Any suggestions? ...

Companies Who Hire Part-time With The EScription Platform
Nov 22, 2010

Can you tell the names of companies who hire part-time with the eScription platform.  Wanting to learn this...   Thanks! ...

Infinity Foot Pedal Issues With EScription Platform
Oct 19, 2013

I just received my Infinity USB foot pedal from PCDictate.  I am employed with Nuance using the eScription platform and I am unable to get this foot pedal to work.  Can anyone who works on the eScription platform (preferably with Nuance) tell me what settings to use so this thing will work?  I'm about at my wits end.  I'm beginning to think the old pedal I had was fine and I spent money for nothing.  I have a new computer and it shows the pedal IS installed and functional, but it ...

Amphion's Triton Platform. Similar To Escription? Is It Word Based?
Jul 15, 2010

Does it have a built-in expander?  How many lph do you average?  Any info would be great? ...

Check The Foot Pedal Settings Or Lack Thereof On The Escription Platform?
Apr 04, 2012

I forget this, I know it is easy, but how do you check the foot pedal settings or lack thereof on the escription platform? Thanks for your help. ...

Cant Seem To Make A Living
Feb 22, 2010

I have worked as a radiology transcriptionist for over ten years .  My pay has been cut in half and jobs are hard to find. I take tests and no one calls back.  I usually only have their email anyway.    I am now learning acute care because it seems for last few years it has been the only game in town.  However, I cannot believe how hard it is and I am getting paid the same as radiology.  It's becoming impossible to afford to live on this income, but I ...

Can You Really Make A Living?
May 21, 2011

I just accepted a job at AllType and the majority of my account is VC.  I have not dropped my other position I had as IC and no VC.  I am wondering, as this is my first time ever doing VC, can you really make a living at this?  I know I will NEVER make a fortune at this job but an 800+ paycheck every 2 weeks would sure be desirable.  Thanks. ...

Can You Make A Living As An MT?
Oct 16, 2011

I am thinking about going to The Andrews School to become an MT. I have taken the pre enrollment exam and they said i passed with a score of 84%, which i think is pretty good for not knowing what im doing. But,  today i was surfing the web and seen a post from someone that was ranting about how the school is a scam and after they completed the course they got a job where they had to work 60-70 hours per week and only get paid 3 cents per line. So, i was wanting to know if there is any Andre ...

Can I Really Make A Living?
Oct 20, 2011

Experienced MTs please tell me, can a person actually make a living at this. I am a newbie, working from home for the last 4 months.   I am feeling very discouraged by my paychecks.  I am just barely making minimum wage after working a full time schedule.  I like the work, but if I can't support myself doing this what is the point?  I would love to hear from those of you who have been doing this long term.  Thanks. ...

Living In Fear
Dec 04, 2013

Just got e-mail stating I did NOT pass my audit.  i got 99.4%.  i have been with this company for over 15 years.  Lately, I stress out every day over this job.  I am sitting here waiting for a phone call from my TSM to discuss this.  I am quite worried.  Living paycheck to paycheck now.  Cannot afford to take another pay cut or lose my job.  If they do put you on 100% do you ever get taken off? I have slowed down and really tried to be more careful/cautio ...

Living Well Off Of Our Backs
Mar 13, 2014

How does it happen that office personnel get in-house raises and are making far more than any of us when it is the transcriptionists who bring in the actual money?  We are solely responsible for the lavish lifestyles of CEOs and the salaries of management while we ourselves make next to nothing.  I remember years ago the office personnel making little wisecracks at how much we made while some of them with "degrees" did not make nearly as much.  Well, I guess that has been fixed no ...

Is It Mucous Secretions And Mucus Production Or Mucous Production?
Mar 11, 2013

Is it mucous secretions and mucus production or mucous production? ...