A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Amphion's Triton platform. Similar to Escription? Is it Word based? - SM - MT from TX

Posted: Jul 15, 2010

Does it have a built-in expander?  How many lph do you average? 

Any info would be great?

Triton sucks! Just MHO... - Sassy Pants

[ In Reply To ..]
It is crap.

My average lph are 100 and that's if I'm pushing it.

It is NOT compatible with Vista (even 32 bit which I was told it was)

You can add words/abbreviations into the word expander all day and they do not work. You try to enter them into the expander again, it says that entry is already in there, but it does not work.

It is NOT Word based. There is a long list of keyboard commands, mouse-free, that half of the commands do not work.

Always locking up. My computer is super fast and damn good and I never have problems with any other program.

Triton is horrible!

Oh, and you have to keep track of your own reports, line counts, and which reports you typed or edited and then check everyday to make sure you got paid the proper cpl for that report.

Errors constantly, always "being worked on".

My former IC company sucked big time, but it used Word and straight typing, I was happier there... :-(

I'm looking at a 2nd job for PT income because I'm barely making enough to pay for benefits just for myself.

If I don't make line count requirements, then IDK what will happen to me...but it will be Triton's fault!

agree w/Sassy Pants - Busy Bee

[ In Reply To ..]
Nothing like having to work with a piece of not-ready-for-prime-time software to make your blood pressure rise and your paycheck plummet.

Similar Messages:

Shortcut For Windows On A Word-based Platform
Jan 30, 2012

I've used Shortcut for Windows for years always on a Word-based platform.  Now I am using it in SpeechMotion which is not Word based.  I need to know if there is anyway in Shortcut to set up a code to jump where I need to enter text.  I have normal templates in Shortcut and have used an * to indicate a jump-to field.  I had a macro in Word that let me jump to the *, but there is no way to set up a macro in SpeechMotion.  Any help would be appreciated.  ...

Being A Word Based Platform, Can't We Use Character Count
Jun 09, 2012

;) ...

Has Triton Software (Amphion) Improved?
Sep 15, 2014

There are a lot of negative comments regarding the Triton program that Amphion uses.  I'm just curious to hear if it has become more user friendly? Has anyone had good success with it? ...

AMPHION TRITON PRODUCTION....ANYONE GET INCENTIVE?
Apr 07, 2015

I am curious if anyone or many out there are able to hit the 13,500 lines per period to get incentive on the Triton platform with Amphion.  I am usually a high producer, but the lines on Triton just don't seem to add up no matter how fast I go.  Is this just me?  What's the trick? ...

Have You Ever Used The Platform Triton? Sm
Dec 08, 2012

I will be starting a new job using the platform Triton.  I had heard in the past it is "clunky."  I would like to know if you find this platform easy or difficult to learn.  Are you able to produce a decent amount of lines on this platform.  I also want to know if I will be able to increase the font as I am a little visually challened.  I usually blow up my font to large.  I have used platforms in the past, mainly ChartMatrix and was not able to enlarge the font to ...

Triton Platform Question
Nov 14, 2011

Will the Triton platform work with a 64-bit PC and Windows 7? ...

Web-based Transcription Platform?
Nov 23, 2010

What exactly is someone referring to when they say "web-based transcription platform"? Are they referring to the program that the company uses to receive/pull/send audio files? ...

M-Modal-based Platform
Apr 06, 2013

Can someone who uses an M-Modal-based platform (not working for M-Modal but another company) tell me if you can spell check on the fly using the keyboard and not the mouse? ...

M-Modal Based Platform Users, A Question
Aug 31, 2011

Does anyone know the keystroke (I think it was ALT + ?) to minimize the demographic screen so that the document fills the screen? I found it out once by accident, but then didn't edit for a while, and now that I am, I forget.  Thanks!  ...

Which Platform Amphion Uses?
May 13, 2013

Can anyone tell me which platform Amphion uses?  Thanks. ...

Amphion - Platform User Friendly?
Aug 16, 2011

I was reading on their site about their training, is it as hard to set up as they make it sound? Also is the platform user friendly?  Is it primarily standard or editing? Are you held to a schedule?  Thank you for any help,  I did check older posts but didn't find out this info.  ...

Please! Document That Is Word Based?
May 13, 2013

We got notice that we cannot use a document that is word based with the platform we use. I hate to appear that I have no sense at all but I do not have a clue what is meant by document that is word based. Is that Facebook, Yahoo, Google? I need some assistance. Thanks so much! ...

Is Softscript Word-based
Jun 18, 2014

Straight typing in word-based platform? What is their line rate? Any info on this company appreciated. Looking for a major change, hopefully one for the better. ...

How Is The EScription Platform?
Aug 17, 2012

Do you find it fairly productive & user friendly?  How's the VR? Thanks. ...

While Working In A MS Word-based System,
Oct 13, 2009

I keep getting an hourglass flashing every several seconds and it's driving me insane.  Sometimes I even have to type a word over again.  Any idea what this is???? ...

Is Fluency A Word Based Program?
Mar 07, 2014

Does anyone know if Fluency is a Word based program. Looking for another job and it seem they all want you to know Word, Excel, Access, etc. I don't know any of those programs but wondered if I could say I know Word based on using Fluency. Any thoughts? Thank you! ...

How Much Can You Produce On Escription Platform?
Apr 22, 2010

Once you are up to speed on Escription platform, what is a reasonable number of lines per hour you can produce (low to high)?  Thanks in advance. ...

Escription Platform Question
Feb 16, 2012

Is there anyway to retreive a report or part of a report after my computer burped and rebooted itself.  The report went back into the Que, but the report I had done so far is not there.  Would it be stored somewhere on my computer?  Help - this is happening too much today and I am losing lots of reports.  ...

How Can I Be Very Productive Using EScription Platform
Aug 28, 2012

Only being paid 3.7 cpl.   I normally average 250 lines per hour straight typing.  I need to try and get that equivalent in pay.  TIA ...

Need Info On Escription Platform Please (sm)
May 09, 2013

Hello all, have joined new outfit. Anyone willing to share any tips or suggestions for Escription platform? I'm told it is Word based. I'm curious about text expander use. The information mentioned Autotext, Autocorrect and other tools embedded in Word, but also mentioned certain issues related with text replacement. Any suggestions or tips will be much appreciated. ...

Is EScription A Company, Platform, Or What? Nm
Dec 21, 2014

. ...

Frustrated With EScription Platform!
Jan 25, 2015

Is there any way to easily get capitals to change when you add or remove a period? It's so frustrating when, for example, when you take a period out and the next word doesn't automatically capitalize like it does in a lot of other platforms.  Word macros don't seem to work.  : (   ...

Why Is Escription Considered A Good Platform?
Jan 24, 2010

nm ...

VR Platform Escription Versus Dictaphone
Jun 03, 2010

Can anyone tell me how difficult to get lines with escription and dictaphone VR?  Also, any info on TTS would be appreciated also.  Good, bad, ugly?  ...

Is There Any Other VR Platform Besides Escription That You Can Make Money On? Sm
Jun 16, 2010

I know everyone loves Escription, but just wondering if there were other platforms out there. ...

Good Editing Platform Besides Escription?
Sep 18, 2013

Have worked with Escription, liked it, just wondering if there is another good VR platform someone is working in that they think is okay. Thanks ...

Is It Possible To Work Escription Platform On Satellite Internet?
Apr 19, 2012

I realize we were told that we cannot use satellite internet with Escription program, but has anyone actuallyl tried doing this?  I live where they only have satellite internt and commute to a large city, so I can work for Nuance.  So far this has worked out okay, but I really would like to be home more.  Am just wondering if this is possible.  ...

Companies That Use Escription. On The Platform, My Autocorrect Doesnt
May 26, 2014

it will work, and then the next time I try to use the same correction, it will not work. Am I doing something wrong? Is it the platform? Any suggestions? ...

EScription Production - Makes A Decent Living Using This Platform
Aug 20, 2010

I would like to know if anyone makes a decent living using this platform.  Any comments appreciated, i.e., average lines per day, hour, anything to give me better understanding.  Thanks. ...

Companies Who Hire Part-time With The EScription Platform
Nov 22, 2010

Can you tell the names of companies who hire part-time with the eScription platform.  Wanting to learn this...   Thanks! ...