A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Need info on Escription platform please (sm) - SeaMT

Posted: May 09, 2013

Hello all, have joined new outfit. Anyone willing to share any tips or suggestions for Escription platform? I'm told it is Word based. I'm curious about text expander use. The information mentioned Autotext, Autocorrect and other tools embedded in Word, but also mentioned certain issues related with text replacement. Any suggestions or tips will be much appreciated.

Thought Escription was a good platform. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I liked the program when I worked with it. Having come off of Meditech, it was a comfortable platform...but again, it takes a while to retrain yourself and like anything new...at first is it very, very frustrating and you feel so overwhelmed because remember, YOU are learning new docs, formats, area names, and a new worplace.....this is not recognized and we beat ourselves up because you cannot produce 2000 lines and make a living when learning.

There were some postings here that said they got weeks of training on Escription. I only had an hour. User friendly, but you have to learn on your own. Then again, who knows what each company does. I might have just been u sed for overflow. Good luck.

Escription platform - stthemt

[ In Reply To ..]
Hello, I currently use Escription platform. It is linked with MS Word. You do have to have it installed as well. I bought a text expander and loaded it. It goes right along with Escription every time I open both at the same time. Once you own a text expander you can build up words and phrases within it that you most commonly use. Depending on the one you get, many words and phrases are included. I have a very basic one, inexpensive and it works well. The autotext and autocorrect features that are embedded in MS Word are very helpful and could also act like a text expander if you set it up phrase by phrase as well.

May I ask which expander you chose? - Not the OP but curious

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm "trialing" Shorthand right now but I'm open to other suggestions. Thanks :-)

Similar Messages:

How Is The EScription Platform?
Aug 17, 2012

Do you find it fairly productive & user friendly?  How's the VR? Thanks. ...

How Much Can You Produce On Escription Platform?
Apr 22, 2010

Once you are up to speed on Escription platform, what is a reasonable number of lines per hour you can produce (low to high)?  Thanks in advance. ...

Escription Platform Question
Feb 16, 2012

Is there anyway to retreive a report or part of a report after my computer burped and rebooted itself.  The report went back into the Que, but the report I had done so far is not there.  Would it be stored somewhere on my computer?  Help - this is happening too much today and I am losing lots of reports.  ...

How Can I Be Very Productive Using EScription Platform
Aug 28, 2012

Only being paid 3.7 cpl.   I normally average 250 lines per hour straight typing.  I need to try and get that equivalent in pay.  TIA ...

Is EScription A Company, Platform, Or What? Nm
Dec 21, 2014

. ...

Frustrated With EScription Platform!
Jan 25, 2015

Is there any way to easily get capitals to change when you add or remove a period? It's so frustrating when, for example, when you take a period out and the next word doesn't automatically capitalize like it does in a lot of other platforms.  Word macros don't seem to work.  : (   ...

Why Is Escription Considered A Good Platform?
Jan 24, 2010

nm ...

VR Platform Escription Versus Dictaphone
Jun 03, 2010

Can anyone tell me how difficult to get lines with escription and dictaphone VR?  Also, any info on TTS would be appreciated also.  Good, bad, ugly?  ...

Is There Any Other VR Platform Besides Escription That You Can Make Money On? Sm
Jun 16, 2010

I know everyone loves Escription, but just wondering if there were other platforms out there. ...

Good Editing Platform Besides Escription?
Sep 18, 2013

Have worked with Escription, liked it, just wondering if there is another good VR platform someone is working in that they think is okay. Thanks ...

Is It Possible To Work Escription Platform On Satellite Internet?
Apr 19, 2012

I realize we were told that we cannot use satellite internet with Escription program, but has anyone actuallyl tried doing this?  I live where they only have satellite internt and commute to a large city, so I can work for Nuance.  So far this has worked out okay, but I really would like to be home more.  Am just wondering if this is possible.  ...

Companies That Use Escription. On The Platform, My Autocorrect Doesnt
May 26, 2014

it will work, and then the next time I try to use the same correction, it will not work. Am I doing something wrong? Is it the platform? Any suggestions? ...

EScription Production - Makes A Decent Living Using This Platform
Aug 20, 2010

I would like to know if anyone makes a decent living using this platform.  Any comments appreciated, i.e., average lines per day, hour, anything to give me better understanding.  Thanks. ...

Companies Who Hire Part-time With The EScription Platform
Nov 22, 2010

Can you tell the names of companies who hire part-time with the eScription platform.  Wanting to learn this...   Thanks! ...

Infinity Foot Pedal Issues With EScription Platform
Oct 19, 2013

I just received my Infinity USB foot pedal from PCDictate.  I am employed with Nuance using the eScription platform and I am unable to get this foot pedal to work.  Can anyone who works on the eScription platform (preferably with Nuance) tell me what settings to use so this thing will work?  I'm about at my wits end.  I'm beginning to think the old pedal I had was fine and I spent money for nothing.  I have a new computer and it shows the pedal IS installed and functional, but it ...

Amphion's Triton Platform. Similar To Escription? Is It Word Based?
Jul 15, 2010

Does it have a built-in expander?  How many lph do you average?  Any info would be great? ...

Check The Foot Pedal Settings Or Lack Thereof On The Escription Platform?
Apr 04, 2012

I forget this, I know it is easy, but how do you check the foot pedal settings or lack thereof on the escription platform? Thanks for your help. ...

Any Info About EScription?
Dec 31, 2009

I currently work at Focus Infomatics in the NetCare platform doing regular MT and VR work.  I just got switched over to working QC on their eScription platform, which I'm really excited about.  I did one training course for it (to start out in regular MT, but will have to do another training course for QC after I get used to everying on the platform) but I haven't started yet.  The one training course really made it seem easy to learn and much mo ...

EScription. Need INFO.
Apr 09, 2012

Anybody who uses eScription, please tell me: 1.  How many lines you produce per hour.   2.  How long did it take you to get accustomed. 3.  Do you like it? 4.  Do you prefer it to ST? 5.  Anything else you want to add?   I may jump the ST onto VR but I'm scared shi*less.  Please, please anything anybody can tell me.  I've been in this business a LONG time and it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks but maybe?!?!?!  I need ad ...

Info On Crescendo Platform
Oct 30, 2009

Anyone use Crescendo?  Good/bad, user friendly? ...

Any Info On Spheris Platform With MQ?
Feb 25, 2011

Been offered work on a Spheris account and on their platform. Any info on their platform would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Voicescribe Platform Info
May 08, 2015

I am looking for info on this platform.  Any info you can provide would be great.  Are you able to look up previous reports with this platform to search for blanks? Is it user-friendly? Will my Infinity foot pedal work with it? ...

EMDAT Inscribe Platform. Info Please
Mar 15, 2012

I just installed this on my computer.  Wow, I was dumfounded.  I have trained to learn Escription, DocQScribe, Pscribe and Chartnet.  I really don't think I am that stupid to learn a new platform, but this has to be the most complicated program I have ever seen.  I did not give up right away -- that is not in my nature.  But after struggling for about 2 hours, I finally gave up.  Honestly if they tried, I don't think the maker of this program could have ma ...

TA+ Platform--Look In Archives. Can't Really Find Any Info. Sm.
Dec 19, 2012

If you are working on it now, please let me know what you think. TIA. ...

Any Current Info On Precyse? How About The Platform - Productive? SM
Oct 20, 2009

Also how about the benefits, especially insurance - do you feel they are a good deal for the price? Do you feel the way the PTO adds up is beneficial to the MT?  Does anyone know anything about the account that they are hiring for right now?  Thanks for anything you care to share.  ...

Info On Accentus US Ambulatory? Is It Associated With Nuance? Any Info Appreciated. NmNm
Feb 18, 2014

Xx ...

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME INFO ON GLOBAL INFO SYSTEMS (GIS)
Jan 10, 2010

Looking for information about Global Info Systems.  Can anyone telll me anythihng about them.  Thank you. ...

Anyone Have Info/work For Global Info In Texas???
Jul 04, 2012

Need to know any info ASAP on I think its called Global Info Systems or something like that out of Texas. Lots of clinic work, but low low line rate offered. Need to know about management, stability, VR reality, workload, response from tech support, etc. Also, are these clinics in India? Thanks for any help! ...

If You Can't Get Course Info Without Leaving Info So They Can Call/spam You
Sep 12, 2012

It isn't easy to get off some of the spam and phone call lists when you click for more information about some of these courses. I've found that for me, it isn't worth it to get that information if I am giving up my privacy. Some of these people are relentless! You can't get away from them once they get your information. There is one in particular that makes sure you hear from them every day in one form or another. They become your best friend, even if you weren't lookin ...

Any Info On GIS (Global Info Systems) Out Of TX? I
Jan 21, 2012

I applied for an MT position with them.  I don't see anything recent on the boards and wondered if they were a good company to work for.  TIA ...