A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Here's a quick, interesting read that raises my - hopes just a little bit - sm

Posted: Jan 20, 2012

that maybe 2012 will be the year that the elephant in the room, OFFSHORING AMERICAN JOBS, and the perks which companies get for doing so, will finally get a spotlight thrown upon it:

Obama Keep Jobs at home - Should raise your hopes more

[ In Reply To ..]

Here's something that President Obama laid out in his State of the Union that I think deserves special attention:

Under current law, American companies can actually get a tax deduction for outsourcing jobs.

That's the opposite of how it should work. President Obama proposes to end tax deductions for outsourcing, create a
new tax credit for bringing jobs home, and lower tax rates for companies that manufacture and create jobs in the United States.

If you think this should be a priority during this campaign, it's up to you to speak out. Support the President and spread the word:

- go to the link posted -

In the President's own words, "It's time to stop rewarding businesses that ship jobs overseas, and start rewarding
companies that create jobs right here in America. ... Our workers are the most productive on Earth, and if the
playing field is level, I promise you -- America will always win."

Thanks,
James Kvaal
National Policy Director
Obama for America

Unfortunately - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Some of the people (political board) do not recognize this. They keep talking about the tax rate for businesses the highest in the world and don't seem to understand that the president wants to lower it for companies doing business here in the US.

Jobs At Home? - km

[ In Reply To ..]
This would be wonderful if his policies didn't make it MANDATORY for doctors and hospitals to use electronic medical records, transcriptionists and coders or be fined. This particular action has cut our department in half and with the upgrade of software coming this year, will cut it again. Great that he's bring jobs home for others though.

It's not the EMR - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
taking our jobs away, it is the software companies running a con on the hospitals that they need their software to be compliant. You can have EMR and still have transcriptionists and not point and click or doctors dictating themselves. The hospitals and doctors do not really understand the new EMR rule and fall for the software companies cons.
So how do we educate them? - MikeInABQ
[ In Reply To ..]
Every effort to educate all parties about the concerns regarding PMI and the EMR, especially about outsourcing, needs to be made, by those of us with the knowledge.

Rewarding Companies Who Outsource - OldMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Another lie by Obama - he gave General Electric's CEO a boat load of our tax dollars for alternative energy - G.E.'s CEO moved jobs out of the USA. I don't think one of the companies have reopened in the USA and called back their former employees. I'm just saying .....

Similar Messages:

To Me. This Is All Very Interesting. PLEASE Read...
Mar 20, 2014

I have been saying all along to my family only (who sadly knows this crap), that the timing of this Coder Contest was so 'clever.' Yes, it exists, but, the timing, 1st the bankruptcy "rumor", and then the CEO insulting explanation, and then we all did get distracted with the "candy", the coding thing.  This board ground to a halt as far as BK discussion, which was intelligent, to nothing but coding. Then the Chap 11 news breaks, followed by a candy trail of notices on who is ...

Very Interesting Article To Read.
Mar 11, 2012

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1226934/Indian-police-arrest-company-boss-accused-selling-medical-records-British-patients.html ...

Hmmm Interesting Read About Nuance Trying To Buy M*Modal
Jul 17, 2012

No clue what this means to us peons working the trenches, but interesting, see link: http://hdstoday.com/?p=143   ...

Annual Raises Or Merit Raises?
Dec 03, 2014

Does any MTSO do this?  I mean, either an annual cost of living raise or a merit raise based on a regular annual review.  Or both. If none of the above, are you able to just ask your boss for a raise when you feel it's appropriate?  Does it work? ...

Raises????
Jun 28, 2013

I have been working for a compnay since 12/2007.  In that period of time I have worked multiple accounts, learned multiple new software systems and have always gone above and beyond - working over/extra to ensure we stay in our TAT.  In the 5-1/2 years I have been working for them, I have not had a single line rate increase.  Is this the normal?  ...

QC Raises?
Jul 02, 2013

Anybody who is a QC ever ask for a raise? I got promoted to a QC from an MLS within Nuance. They estimated my rate by averaging my lines per hour, then adding $2 to it as my rate for being a QC. I've been at that rate only 7 months, but see lots of posts here about people being offered jobs in QC at $13 an hour and that is more than I make. Should I ask about a raise? Has anybody ever had luck asking for one? ...

Pay Raises
Mar 25, 2015

I have a question for all you MTs out there.  I have been with the same company for 8 years now and am still making the same cpl as I was when I was hired.  Is this the norm?  I would think a raise should be in order at some point.  I am very reliable, always make production or over production, very accurate.  Just kinda feeling unloved!  LOL! ...

TIRED OF NO RAISES, VERY LITTLE PAY
Nov 30, 2009

Visit:  http://www.opeiu.org/ContactUs/tabid/100/Default.aspx We deserve to be protected:  "Your right to form a union is protected by long-standing U.S. labor laws. While most employers use all kinds of excuses why unions aren’t needed and put up challenges to block organizing efforts, workers succeed every day in building powerful employee organizations. OPEIU can provide you and your co-workers with the tools and support needed to organize a union where you work. You can ...

Companies And Raises?
Feb 18, 2010

After being at a company 2 1/2 years, does anyone thing it is acceptable to email and ask the company for a raise? ...

Raises (don't Laugh, I'm Serious).
Jan 06, 2011

Has anybody asked their company for a raise within the last year and gotten one ?  Just curious.  ...

No Raises In MT Wages
May 10, 2011

Is anyone else fed up with the fact that the wages for MTs never go up?  It has been the same low rate for years!  ...

Independent Contracting And Raises
Oct 26, 2009

I am finally leaving the broken world of transcription vending to become an independent contractor once again.  I am so very fortunate enough to have benefits through my husband's employer, so it's the pay I am really missing.  Is it unreasonable to put a raise in the contract?  The hospital basically told me they are not contracting for as much $ as they used to (yet another slap in the face of my career), and kind of hinted that raises are a joke.  When I follow ...

WEBMEDX Hands Out Raises!!!!
Sep 11, 2010

See (lol), anyone can come up with a Shock and Awe type of title/campaign to get peoples attention to read their post. I mean really, Spyware?!?? Give me a break Pete. It was just about as silly and borderline slanderous as your post! Monitoring keystrokes goes back to the inception of computers being used in transcription. THESE REPORTS WERE DESIGNED TO HELP...END STORY Look,companies hire and they lay off, its never pretty. I am sure that the layoff was unavoidable as MTSO's are not into ...

Does Amphion Give Raises? Nm
Oct 03, 2010

nm ...

How Much Does Proscript Pay And Do They Give Raises? NM
Sep 10, 2013

Thank you. ...

Nuance Does Not Give Raises.
Oct 01, 2014

Maybe you are new and think they will.  Maybe you are old and think they will.  They won't.  Maybe they don't use this tactic anymore, but when I was there it was "Give Yourself A Raise." That meant produce more.  They don't give raises.  Don't waste your time E-mailing anybody.  Get mad.  Sure.  Even quit, find yourself a better career.  But don't hold your breath.  There will be no raises.  They don't need you ...

130 Percent Profit But Cannot Give Raises.
May 29, 2015

I listened to the meeting. At least I get paid my hourly rate.  ...

Just Wondrin' When MedQ Took Away Incentive, And Promised Raises
Apr 06, 2010

Memo promised all those high producers who were making the incentive grade would be compensated in the form of a raise...anbody here get one?  ...

Help Quick
Dec 05, 2011

In physical exam:  Violaceous coloration of eyelids.  "Shell" sign is positive.  Can't clearly hear.  Shell, Shnell, Shelf...?  ...

Quick Help, Please!
Aug 17, 2012

This patient has a papule on a GYN exam "near the vaginal and s/l joitus on the perineum." Does anyone have any ideas?  Anytime I try to look it up online, I get a bunch of sex site referrals. ...

QUICK!
Feb 27, 2015

Need quick help please. Doctor says something that sounds like "diffilization" of the pulmonary vessels. He is giving the results from a chest x-ray....if that helps with context.  The physician has an Eastern Indian accent as well.   ...

Just A Quick Update
Dec 20, 2009

I haven't posted lately, but I thought that I would just drop a line to keep anyone interested up to date.    I am graduating in June with my M.D., near the top of my class. Already passed the boards.  As my classes have progressed it has actually gotten much easier because of my years of transcribing.  I know the treatment for most diseases because I have typed them time and time again.    I know there is a lot of frustration out there because of what ...

Quick Test Or Quick's Test?
Feb 05, 2010

With the exception of a "Quick" test, which he turns to the left, his neurologic examination is otherwise normal.   does that sound right? the sentence? "which he turns to the left" ...

New To MQ And Quick Question...
Mar 04, 2010

I have not started training yet, but think I will be in the North region.  Is there normally work in that region?  Anything I need to know before I start?  Just curious.  Thanks. ...

2 Quick Questions...
Apr 29, 2010

These may be stupid questions but I have to ask. What does IC stand for? Also, I keep hearing talk of speech recognition, are MT schools teaching this? How can you train for this? Thanks ...

Need Help Quick! Transcend
Nov 22, 2010

I am supposed to start training with Transcend but am panic-stricken because of all the posts about no work available.  I have been offered a local clinic job (not the best working conditions but steady income).  Prefer to work at home, of course, but don't want to sit here with no work and not making any money. Can anyone give me any positive feedback on Transcend?  ...

Quick Help Needed.
Feb 28, 2011

Can anybody help me out on numbered lists when there are sublists?  Can't really afford time on shift to try to find the training for that part and listen to the slow explanation.  Thanks! ...

Quick Strep
Jul 08, 2011

Is quick strep capitalized? ...

Quick Question For Any MME/QAs
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just recently an MME.  In the Transcribed By box in the demographics screen I usually see:  MT/CCM/tier nameofMT In the first part, I know what MT, ME, and MME stand for, but I have been getting an S, #S, or SE lately.   Does this mean student?  I'm just curious as it would explain the quality.   Thanks! ...

Transcribe It Quick
Jul 27, 2011

Has anyone worked for this company?  I think it is mostly general transcription. TIA ...