A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

130 percent profit but cannot give raises. - mom2huskies

Posted: May 29, 2015

I listened to the meeting. At least I get paid my hourly rate. 

did you miss the part where they are pushing front in SR? - we are done.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I already figured that we were done. - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
Mmodal and Nuance have pretty much ruined transcription.

A few thoughts - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Wondering how long they figure it will take to accomplish front end and rid the company of MT/ME employees?

Secondly if we are displaced/laid off/or whatever term they choose to use for us, will be be able to be retrained on their dime?

Just wondering
retrained? - moonchild
[ In Reply To ..]
for what? if they replace us, the humane thing to do would be to give us a buyout package like most companies do when they lay off a large amount of people. but MModal is like Walmart and i would not expect anything at all from them except an email saying you don't work here anymore.
Not holding my breath - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
The only thing I expect we will get will be paid for our PTO if we have accrued any.

As for training, another field?

I have a few thoughts but no $$$$ to pursue at this time. I know unemployment pays even less than what we make now. How depressing.
People that get buy out packages - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Are usually management, they aren't going to offer anything, you get unemployment, that is it. Buy out packages to thousnds of employees, never happen...

I told you about 2 years ago, my doctor said I better have a contingency plan because my job isn't long for the world. No one listens, "yea yea yea, they have been saying that for years" is what I heard. Well yes they have, but every year technology gets better and more jobs go overseas. I don't "need" the job at this point, I do it for extra money and to keep my mind occupied. I am riding the horse till it dies, or I get sick enough of the BS and quit.

Similar Messages:

MedQuist Cost Cuts Lift Profit 7 Percent
May 13, 2010

MedQuist said it reduced employee head count last year and lowered transcription costs by increasing its use of speech recognition technology. = employees took the loss while they got the gain! (Courier Post) ...

Does Amphion Give Raises? Nm
Oct 03, 2010

nm ...

How Much Does Proscript Pay And Do They Give Raises? NM
Sep 10, 2013

Thank you. ...

Nuance Does Not Give Raises.
Oct 01, 2014

Maybe you are new and think they will.  Maybe you are old and think they will.  They won't.  Maybe they don't use this tactic anymore, but when I was there it was "Give Yourself A Raise." That meant produce more.  They don't give raises.  Don't waste your time E-mailing anybody.  Get mad.  Sure.  Even quit, find yourself a better career.  But don't hold your breath.  There will be no raises.  They don't need you ...

Annual Raises Or Merit Raises?
Dec 03, 2014

Does any MTSO do this?  I mean, either an annual cost of living raise or a merit raise based on a regular annual review.  Or both. If none of the above, are you able to just ask your boss for a raise when you feel it's appropriate?  Does it work? ...

Profit Vs. Not-for-profit Hospitals...
Sep 13, 2012

Are there any opinions whether a not-for-profit (religious-affiliated) hospital is less likely to outsource their medical transcription work....more likely to try to keep the jobs in-house for their employees?   I had a friend tell me that, about trying to get a job with a not-for-profit hospital near us.  However, though I'm sure they'd LOVE to keep their employees' jobs, I just have to wonder how ANY hospital is able to keep their MT department in-house in this curren ...

The Q Posts 34% Profit....
Nov 12, 2010

MedQuist sees 34% increase in Q3 revenue Published 12 November 2010 MedQuist has posted a net income of $8.97m in the third quarter 2010, or $0.24 per diluted share, compared to net income of $9.7m, or $0.26 per diluted share, in the comparable period in 2009. MedQuist is a provider of integrated clinical documentation solutions for the US healthcare industry. MedQuist's operating income was $13.29m, compared to $8.12m for the comparable period in 2009. The company has posted a ...

Transcription Co. Profit 101
Dec 03, 2014

For a transcription company, their biggest sales pitch is voice recognition.  This is how it works . . . 1.  Hire us, and it will only be a matter of a few months, and 75% of your documents will be 100% voice recognition - cost 0.3 cents per line. 2.  During the system training, the cost is 0.20 cents a line for documents that are transcribed completely from voice. 3.  Documents that are edited by transcriptionists, are only 0.7 cents per line. The hospital does the math, ...

Profit And Loss Statement
Jun 13, 2010

i am an at home transcriptionist and have been for 23 years.  I am trying to do a home loan modification and I need a profit and loss statement.  Does anyone have a sample report pertaining specifically to being an at-home independent contractor?  My tax man says he doesn't know how to do one, although he does the Schedule C for me on my taxes.  Any suggestions/samples?   Thank you! ...

Employees Who Generate No Profit For Nuance
Feb 26, 2015

I just wonder has anyone ever tried to calculate the cost involved in recruiting, hiring and training the long line of people who come through the revolving doors of Scruance? There seems to be a never-ending stream of newbies. Meanwhile, the long-time, loyal, revenue-producing MTs are getting the shaft. And what about the cost of employees who do the recruiting, hiring, training, mentoring, QAing, QCing, auditing, TSMing, COMing and POCing in addition to other nonrevenue-producin ...

Companies That Provide 401Ks And Profit-sharing:
Oct 20, 2009

There's just ONE, eensy-weensy little problem with MT companies providing their employees with a 401K as one of their benefits: What person on a measly MT's earnings can afford to put anything into it?????  I can't spare even a dollar at the end of each pay period, and haven't been able to put anything into even a savings account for years.  Did it ever occur to them that a retirement account is USELESS if you don't pay your employees enough to fund it? ...

Just Saw On The CBS Evening News That The Gov. Is Going To Crack Down On For-profit Schools.
Jun 02, 2011

Apparently they're exorbitantly priced, large percentages of their students default on their government loans, and they don't prepare the students adequately for the careers they promised.  Sound familiar? ...

Raises????
Jun 28, 2013

I have been working for a compnay since 12/2007.  In that period of time I have worked multiple accounts, learned multiple new software systems and have always gone above and beyond - working over/extra to ensure we stay in our TAT.  In the 5-1/2 years I have been working for them, I have not had a single line rate increase.  Is this the normal?  ...

QC Raises?
Jul 02, 2013

Anybody who is a QC ever ask for a raise? I got promoted to a QC from an MLS within Nuance. They estimated my rate by averaging my lines per hour, then adding $2 to it as my rate for being a QC. I've been at that rate only 7 months, but see lots of posts here about people being offered jobs in QC at $13 an hour and that is more than I make. Should I ask about a raise? Has anybody ever had luck asking for one? ...

Pay Raises
Mar 25, 2015

I have a question for all you MTs out there.  I have been with the same company for 8 years now and am still making the same cpl as I was when I was hired.  Is this the norm?  I would think a raise should be in order at some point.  I am very reliable, always make production or over production, very accurate.  Just kinda feeling unloved!  LOL! ...

TIRED OF NO RAISES, VERY LITTLE PAY
Nov 30, 2009

Visit:  http://www.opeiu.org/ContactUs/tabid/100/Default.aspx We deserve to be protected:  "Your right to form a union is protected by long-standing U.S. labor laws. While most employers use all kinds of excuses why unions aren’t needed and put up challenges to block organizing efforts, workers succeed every day in building powerful employee organizations. OPEIU can provide you and your co-workers with the tools and support needed to organize a union where you work. You can ...

Companies And Raises?
Feb 18, 2010

After being at a company 2 1/2 years, does anyone thing it is acceptable to email and ask the company for a raise? ...

Raises (don't Laugh, I'm Serious).
Jan 06, 2011

Has anybody asked their company for a raise within the last year and gotten one ?  Just curious.  ...

No Raises In MT Wages
May 10, 2011

Is anyone else fed up with the fact that the wages for MTs never go up?  It has been the same low rate for years!  ...

Does Anyone Know What Percent
Aug 10, 2011

Now we know that Medquist offshores half of its work.  Does anyone know for sure what percentage of US transcription Medquist has? ...

20-ish Percent
Sep 19, 2011

How is "20-ish percent" transcribed? ...

Percent To QC? - Sm
Oct 07, 2013

I was thinking it was less than 5% to QC but I found something written down where I had less than 10%, with qa greater than 99% for bonus can something tell me?  ...

Independent Contracting And Raises
Oct 26, 2009

I am finally leaving the broken world of transcription vending to become an independent contractor once again.  I am so very fortunate enough to have benefits through my husband's employer, so it's the pay I am really missing.  Is it unreasonable to put a raise in the contract?  The hospital basically told me they are not contracting for as much $ as they used to (yet another slap in the face of my career), and kind of hinted that raises are a joke.  When I follow ...

WEBMEDX Hands Out Raises!!!!
Sep 11, 2010

See (lol), anyone can come up with a Shock and Awe type of title/campaign to get peoples attention to read their post. I mean really, Spyware?!?? Give me a break Pete. It was just about as silly and borderline slanderous as your post! Monitoring keystrokes goes back to the inception of computers being used in transcription. THESE REPORTS WERE DESIGNED TO HELP...END STORY Look,companies hire and they lay off, its never pretty. I am sure that the layoff was unavoidable as MTSO's are not into ...

Grams Percent
Apr 29, 2010

Here is the dictated sentence. Her anemia had improved to 10 grams percent. How would you type that? 10 g%. doesn't look right. I typed it just like above but need confirmation for future dictations. Thanks ...

Now According To QA You Have To Have 99.5 Percent Accuracy
Mar 01, 2013

Are they kidding? Who has 99.5% accuracy every audit.  This is the new Mmodal accuracy rule. Sounds like they are trying to weed out that is for sure.  You would have to be a robot to get this accuracy every single time you transcribe. ...

FIESA/PERCENT TO QA
Jul 21, 2013

If we are having 100% to QA then we never have to send anything to QA again because the QA people are going to QA it anyway so will we still be evaluated on our percent to QA scores?  ...

Here's A Quick, Interesting Read That Raises My
Jan 20, 2012

that maybe 2012 will be the year that the elephant in the room, OFFSHORING AMERICAN JOBS, and the perks which companies get for doing so, will finally get a spotlight thrown upon it:   ...

QA Hourly Or Not 100 Percent Review?
Nov 15, 2010

Anyone know who hires QA hourly or is not 100 percent review? If so, what is the hourly rate? Company info such as ins would be greatly appreciated! I have 5 1/2 years exp in QA if that makes a difference. Thanks so much! ...

Average Percent Response
Jul 29, 2013

I have applied to 2 companies from the ads here recently. Did not hear a word from either.  Would like to know what the average rate of response other MTs have had when submitting applications and passing tests. I have lots of exp and frankly pretty surprised not to hear anything at all.   ...