A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

what is the average line count that MTs can edit per hour? - Lucas

Posted: Mar 26, 2014

Thinking of applying at Nuance, what is the average line count that MTs can edit per hour?

186 is minimum required, but good luck! - CuriousMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I say good luck not because it's not possible, as it is, but because you never just end up with 100% edit or 100% straight typing, and there's always at least one or two files a day that throw you completely off your game. Not to mention if your account is running out of work, you end up switching between multiple accounts, constantly being moved around, and each one has its own set of rules and regulations.

So, for my primary account, 186 isn't too hard to reach most days, but I've had days where I'm in the 130s because of the horrible jobs that came in!

Line count - Lucas

[ In Reply To ..]
So, that ends up being about 7.40 per hour!!!

Example - newbutold

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been cruising this morning with no problem with my LPH well over 186 then along comes a straight typing ESL doctor with a 36 minute dictation. There goes my LPH as I have to leave blanks and trying to be the good MT that I am I go back and relisten to fill in as many as I can so my LPH is now just hanging by a thread. Hopefully the rest of the day will not be like that. I love the straight typing but not when you can't understand anything they say
Line count - Lucas
[ In Reply To ..]
Can see the frustration there. I think if you stay with this job too long, your health will be compromised as that is way too much stress. It is stressful enough just getting the job done and also to have to ride this way of good dictators then ones you really cannot hear or understand at all......Know the feeling.
Line count - Lucas
[ In Reply To ..]
Meant to say "ride the wave." I think these waves are being sent your way and they are not at random. Good luck...

Similar Messages:

What Is AVERAGE Line Count Per Hour For An MT To Type
Aug 17, 2013

Just wondering, what is an Average line count per hour for an MT?  I worked in a pathology office for almost 5 years, but we never kept count of lines per hour.  When we pulled an audit once, we were only typing about 700-800 a day between myself and the lady I worked with.  I had to pull all the slides for the doctor, help with grossing, assist in frozen sections, etc.  I was hired for a job where they want me to type 135 lines per hour, that's ...

Powerscribe - How Many Lines Per Hour Do You Edit On Average?
Jun 01, 2010

I was wondering if anybody out there was paid per line for Powerscribe and how many lines per hour do you edit on average?  I have always been paid a report rate for Powerscribe Radiology.  Also, which version do you use?  Thanks!! ...

What Is The Average Line Rate Per Hour Or Per 8 Hour Shift?
Apr 21, 2011

Hi:I am make incentive based on minutes, but I work on a system that lets me check how many lines and minutes I have typed in a day also. Just in case I have to get another job based on lines, I wanted to know what is the average amount of lines per hour or per 8 hour shift. Thanks for the advice in advance. MeL ...

ASR Average Line Count
Jan 26, 2010

I'm just starting ASR and was wondering if some of you could give me an average line count on ASR.  Thanks.  ...

Average Line Count Is Per Day?
Apr 28, 2010

Can anyone tell me what their average line count is per day? (just the total not separated between work type).  Im not trying to be nosey and I don't know who any of you are personally, I'm just trying to get an idea where I stand compared to everyone else here.  I have been at Medquist for many years and seen many changes.  Over the years, my line count has gone up and my pay has gone down.  I am trying to determine if the reason is mostly me or mostly medquist changes and if th ...

Average Line Counts On An 8-hour Shift Doing Speech Recognition?
Sep 23, 2011

What are the average line counts on an 8-hour shift doing speech recognition?  I use Dictaphone/Extext.  I'm producing on average about 240/hr sometimes less. Any info appreciated. ...

Futurenet, Thinking About Applying, Need Average Line Count 8 Hours
Mar 26, 2015

Could some of you give me a general idea of what your daily line count is per 8 hour day on their SR program.  I am a single mom with 2 kids at home and need to know if I can make enough money with their SR program to pay my house payment, food, etc.  ...

Line Count Per Hour
Apr 06, 2013

Does anyone know how we find our line count per hour?? ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

Wondering About Average Edit LPH
Mar 10, 2012

Just wondering what peoples' average edit lph is?  I realize the type of platform, account, dictators, etc. come into play, but is 500 lph a dream, particularly with escription?  TIA ...

Average Per Hour With 0.75 Or 0.375 Versus $12.00 Per Hour
Mar 31, 2014

My transcription job was always paid by the hour. I was laid off and they recently offered me a temp position with them making $12.00 an hour.  I was also offered a positon that pays 7.5 and 3.5 cpl.  The $12.00 is employee status for a small local company I worked for over 9 years.  The other is an IC position.  Do you think I would make more with the $12.00 an hour or the per line production rate?  I have never done production by line work so I'm not sur ...

HOW MANY ASR LINES CAN YOU EDIT PER HOUR?
Jan 28, 2012

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but how many lines on average would you say you can edit with ASR per hour?  I think the most I have ever been able to do was around 250 myself.  I just wondered how I measured up with other MTs with the ASR jobs.  I remember a couple of years ago not long after MQ started up with ASR getting a company email describing an MT (no name was given) who could edit over 600 lines per hour and over 400 with straight transcription.   ...

How Many Radiology Reports Can You Edit Per Hour
Oct 05, 2010

Just trying to figure a few things out before accepting a position for radiology editor.  Thanks in advance ...

Average Pay Per Hour
Jun 19, 2013

Does anyone know what the AVERAGE transcriptionst makes per hour?  Most are paid per line now, but I am just wondering what people are earning per hour.  I am a transcriptionst working for an orthopedist.  I have 15+ years experience and have been working with this company for a few years now.  I am currently being paid 13.90 per hour.  I am an independent contractor, so no benefits, PTO, 401K, etc.  For some reason I just feel like I am being paid very low consider ...

Amphion MTs - How Much $$ Do You Average Per Hour?
Mar 30, 2013

OK - I'm considering this company. I would love to hear from any Amphioners how much they average per hour and how long it took to get there.  I know the training pay is $10/hour, so I'm sure its more than that.  If you care to add which team you're on, that would be nice, too.  ...

How Many Lines Do Ya'll Average Per 8 Hour Day?
Feb 04, 2015

and is that straight/VR or both? Thanks! ...

How Much Do You Consistently Average Per Hour As An MT
May 17, 2015

nm ...

How Many Minutes Of Dictation Can You Do In An Hour/day On Average?
Feb 18, 2010

I was just wondering your best estimate of how many minutes of dictation you can do per hour/day. My manager is calculating that the average MT can do 100 minutes of dictation per day. This seems very low to me since I can usually do at least 20 minutes of dictation per hour with a mix of traditional typing and VR (more typing than VR). Am I just an anomaly? ...

What's The Hour And Line Count Differences Between Part Time And Flex Part Time?
Jan 12, 2012

I'm currently flex part time only working 18 hours a week but I do have a set schedule.  What are the requirments for part-time and how may hours per week do you have to work.  Also, is there a difference between the line counts for part time and flex part time. Thanks. ...

How Many Lines/hour Do You Average Doing Editing At Transcend? Sm
Jan 19, 2010

Hi, could anyone post what your lines per hour have been for the editing on BeyondTXT?  What would be considered good?    ...

What Is A Good Average Lines Per Hour On Meditech?
Mar 30, 2011

I have just started on Meditech.  Never used it before.  I am a long time veteran of 30 years, but this sure doesn't seem like a very productive program.  Any productivity tips??  I just wondered what a good average lph rate would be. ...

Average Lph Count For Newly Graduated Mt?
Sep 16, 2012

What is an average Lph count for newly graduated mts?   ...

Line Count - Is MTStars Flash Count And/or Abacus Equivocal
Feb 27, 2010

I usually use the line count built into the Word program itself.  Is MTStars flash count and/or abacus equivocal ??  Any one program better than the other ??  TIA ...

Masters In Word Please Help! Each Line Starts With Capital Letter-need To Edit!
Oct 17, 2014

Hoping there are some masters in Microsoft Word on the board today. I have a document to edit that was originally a poem, and each line starts with a capital letter, i.e.: I went to the Store and bought Some milk. I need to go through and lower-case the words in the document that need to be (Store=store, Some=some). Does anyone know any tips/tricks/shortcuts that will help me do this quicker? I thought of find and replace, but some of the words actually do start a sentence in othe ...

Does Count Score Mean Line Count In Fluency?
Sep 20, 2013

x ...

How Much On Average Does 8 Cents A Line Come Out To Be?
Jan 27, 2011

Just curious as I have never been paid by the line, how much does getting paid 7, 8, 9, 10 cents a line average out to be.  I realize it all depends on how fast you are but say on average???  What do most companies pay?  Thanks! ...

What Is The Average Pay Per 65 Character Line
Jan 24, 2012

What is the average pay per 65 character line for a newbie? ...

Average Rate Per Line In California
Mar 10, 2010

I am just starting out and am trying to get an idea of what to charge.  Anyone who works in Ca, preferrably northern Ca, have any info for me?  I've heard that the west coast is averaging .10 per line, but I"d like to have an idea of what people are charging locally so that I don't undersell myself! ...

Average Length Of Line Question
Apr 15, 2010

Can all IC and empolyee MT's weigh in on this. Is the average line figured on 65 characters? Does anyone charge the "old" way where a line is a line,  regardless of how many characters it has? Thanks in advance! ...

Line Counts - What Is The Average Lph On VR Escription?
Dec 09, 2012

What is the average lph on VR escription?  Is it true, 700 lph is a possibility?  If so, HOW is that accomplished with accuracy?  I would appreciate any tricks/suggestions to achieving that goal :) ...