A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

need advice - drug costs/CVS 90-day mail - beulah

Posted: Oct 31, 2014

Does anyone out there get their generic drugs via the 90-day CVS plan by mail? I'm doing a price check.  I just noticed on this week's open enrollment "executive letter" regarding 2015 insurance that participation in CVS's 90-day mail order plan will be mandatory, unless we opt out. 

Currently, we're on the High Deductible plan and my husband is on 3 generic meds that we get at Walmart because they're on Walmart's $4 (or sometimes less) list.  We get them monthly.  If we went to the 90-day mail plan thru CVS, I'm wondering if they would cost less, the same, or more. 

I can call CVS, of course, but to those of you who get generics thru the CVS 90 day plan, I'm just wondering what your experiences have been, and costs.  THanks.

If they are on the Walmart list of generics, you most - like will pay cheaper there. Usually

[ In Reply To ..]
the 90 day things, just give you a slight break on the copay, but still charge the copay. Of course, like everything else around here, they probably won't tell you before so you can make a choice. I would ask CVS how it works and what they know. They've always been pretty good about that stuff from our experience.

For 90 days of generic at CVS mail it's $30 (at least this year) sm - acuteMLS

[ In Reply To ..]
$15/month x2 (they give you a break on the 3rd month if you go mail order. You'll still do better at Wal-Mart if his meds are on their $4 list.

Free antibiotics - just thought

[ In Reply To ..]
...I would stick this in there since you are talking about meds. Publix will fill your prescription for antibiotics free which comes in handy when the kids are sick. You don't have to have had any prescriptions filled before. Just walk in and hand them the prescription.
great to know - beulah
[ In Reply To ..]
no Publix exists in my area, but I'm sure this will help other readers! thanks for your input (as well as posters above)

Similar Messages:

Costs For An IC License ?
Jun 04, 2012

Hello again, everyone. Thank you SM for giving me some information on ScribeRight.   I am new at this type of position, and there is no guarantee they will call me or even want me, but if they do get in touch, does anyone here know how much an IC license will cost in Ohio and what the cost might be for a certificate for HIPAA ??    I searched several sites and I am not sure what I should be pricing.  Thanks everyone.  ...

Anyone Know How Much COBRA Costs?
Feb 21, 2013

Just considering my options. That's all I'm saying. I have the cheaper of the 2 health insurance plans, as well as the dental and vision plans. ...

Avoid DicTran At All Costs
Nov 03, 2009

DicTran had few reviews online so when we looked into purchasing their platform we could only rely on the deceptive sales presentation from their owner Bill. The company claimed to be able to satisfy all our needs but after we paid them communication became a major issue. Our MT's hate the platform since it forces them to use their custom software which has numerous errors. When we try to contact them for support they just might as well not exist. The worst part of the experience is we pay ...

Reducing Nonproduction Costs - - HA!
Mar 02, 2010

In the E-mail it says they are trying to eliminate nonproduction costs.  Well, I have a great idea in mind to reduce a lot of nonproduction costs, starting with some upper management and all of their worthless VP of this, VP of that.  Really, MQ, you are driving yourself into the GROUND!!!! ...

Focus Insurance Costs
May 16, 2010

Can someone explain to me what insurance plan Focus has and the cost for single and family?  How is the insurance?  Are there deductibles to meet first?  Thanks in advance. ...

No Wonder Medical Costs So Much Now Days
Sep 14, 2013

Self referred to a vascular physician last month. He saw me about 10 minutes, said he "did not have a clue" what my issue was. I have straight forward aching at night waking me from sleep pain in the legs plus very tired feelings, sometimes worse with ambulating during the day. As a lay person I could myself have a clue. Got bill the other day with my copay and his cost to my insurance was $325.00. I called office manager, explained the short time seen, also "not having a clue" thought the bill ...

MQ Has To SEVERELY Cut Employee-related Costs And
Mar 22, 2010

There are severe legal ramifications if you put in writing that you agree to this cost cutting/salary control maneuvering by MQ.  Essentially they are getting us to let them off the hook with these "ESSAYS."  Please note on the email it states:  "All entries become the property of MQ and may be used in future communications."  Also, not to be outdone by their own salary slashing FTR program, they have also taken more time/money away from us as these are to be done on OUR O ...

Medical Costs To Raise 8.5% In 2012
May 20, 2011

Wonder how much more our wages will drop as medical costs continue to skyrocket out of control. ...

To Everyone So Worried About Paying Back Costs
Mar 11, 2014

if they change your schedule to something you don't like don't work it.  WOrk what you want.  Then if they fire you you can't be forced to pay it back.   ...

Does Anyone Know How Much Health Insurance Costs With Nuance For 1 Person?
Mar 07, 2012

I know there is a 2500 deductible, just wondering about the cost for one employee to have insurance for herself per paycheck or monthly.  Thanks! ...

Nuance Benefits Costs For A Single Person?
May 12, 2013

Can anyone tell me the medical and dental insurance costs for a single person please? Thanks. ...

Any Idea What Family Insurance Costs For Webmedx?, Also Line Rates, Etc.
Jan 20, 2010

Just looking for a range here if you don't mind.   Also, are they strict with their schedules? ...

When I Send An E-mail From My MQ Mail, It Shows That It
Dec 16, 2011

came from someone else.  Anybody ever had that problem before and does anybody know who I contact to get it fixed? ...

Mail Purge On MT Mail System 10/16
Oct 12, 2012

What are you all doing with emails you have saved to folders? ...

Anyone Heard Of A Drug That S/L *Absion Or Apsion*? It Is In The Drug List...
Mar 01, 2010

nm ...

ICing: "Hidden" Costs
Dec 30, 2009

While I'm a veteran MT and former MTSO, I just had my first experience as an IC.  No doubt some here are veteran ICs who have already learned about what I have dubbed "hidden" costs.  I am posting this in the hopes that it helps some other newbies to ICing who, like me, are looking for extra work because they need the income.  During my initial phone interview, the manager of the company told me, "All you need is Windows XP, MS Word, Excel, an expander&nb ...

Help With E-mail
Mar 25, 2010

I am applying for a position under "Job Seeker's Board."  When I tried to send the E-mail from the job posting, I got this message.  "The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D" Can somebody please tell me what it means and how to fix it? Thank's!   &nbs ...

E-mail?
Jun 30, 2010

Not that I really WANT to hear from the Q, but am I the only one who does not have e-mail still?  I can log into MQ Central fine, click the "my community" button, and the regular e-mail page does come up but with only four boxes at the top (no e-mail list). One of those boxes says something about currently experiencing problems with MT mail, we are contact with the vendor trying to resolve issues.  That's it.  Rest of the page is white. Am I the only lucky one -- an ...

E,mail
Jun 28, 2010

Aaarrrrrrg - are we EVER going to get e.mail again.  Mine has been down since the wk-end.  Are they working on it or what? ...

Not Getting Much E-mail
Jun 27, 2010

This week I have not been getting much e-mail. Anyone else having this problem? Will I get banned from the forum for sking this question? ...

MQ E-mail
Jun 24, 2010

Anybody having trouble getting into MQ e-mail this morning?? It gives me a message that user name or password is not recognized??? ...

I Mail
Sep 22, 2010

Is anyone having trouble getting into MQ mail?  When I try to get in I get a message that says "No content available - Please check if there is content defined for the markup of your client device."  ??????!!! ...

PAY CUT E-MAIL
Jan 10, 2011

I've read a few postings about a "pay cut" that's suppose to take effect soon...  I never got such an e-mail.  Can someone explain what it said, where it was posted please? (ot cut and paste it here)  I checked all my e-mail this weekend, went over everything with a fine toothed comb and got no such e-mail. How can they just cut pay?  ...

No E-mail All Day From TT
Jun 01, 2011

Hi everyone:)  Has anyone received any e-mail today from Transtech.  I haven't gotten 1 e-mail all day, which is unusual.  Thanks! ...

F11 E-mail
Jun 09, 2011

Now we have to fill out a Q-Care ticket and make sure we justify why we used F11?? Just another way for them to squeeeeeze a few more pennies out of us.  A plague on their head, a pox on their house. Bah!! ...

CEO E-Mail
Sep 12, 2011

CEO E-Mail See MQ e-mail.  Anyone care to offer an opinion on what the "Mission ONE Project Announcement" really means.  Also note back-to-back 4-hour maintenance windows, one on 09/18 and one on 09/25.  Wonder what new changes are coming.  Don't remember 4-hour maintenance being performed back-to-back. ...

E-Mail Down?
Dec 13, 2011

What is WITH this e-mail system?? ...

Sent The E-mail To You Know Who
Feb 29, 2012

Doubt he will even read it but if he does, it was nice knowing all of you. I did not use any bad language, but I did speak my mind. I'm not even totally sure the big picture includes MTs/MEs so I guess we should all be looking to change occupations. Either way, sooner or later I will be hired outside of this industry.  Very sad indeed.  It was quite a career until ASR or should I say MQ reducing pay for ASR and buying up every other company out there.  I did state it shou ...

Another E-mail From Amy
Oct 16, 2012

Did anyone else feel like she was trying to rub salt into an open wound with this e-mail about BOOST? ...

V-Mail
Oct 31, 2012

tell me when I can open my eyes. ...