A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Focus insurance costs - onemore

Posted: May 16, 2010

Can someone explain to me what insurance plan Focus has and the cost for single and family?  How is the insurance?  Are there deductibles to meet first?  Thanks in advance.

Focus ins - blondie

[ In Reply To ..]
They have Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA. The cost is $82 single every 2 weeks and $217 family every 2 weeks. That is for a PPO plan. I don't have the ins yet (I haven't been there 90 days). It sounds pretty good. There is a $1000 deductible for each member not to exceed $2500 for the whole family. If I was in network in MA I wouldn't pay anything for preventive care but since I am not I have to meet the deductible of $1000 before it pays preventive care. For doctor visits, outpatient hospital stays, surgery, maternity, etc. you have to meet your deductible whether in or out of network first. Then if you are in network you pay nothing but if you are out of network you pay 20%. It pays for drug costs with no deductible but if you are out of network for generics you pay the first $30, for other drugs you pay the first $60 or $100 based on the tier of drug it is.

Similar Messages:

Does Anyone Know How Much Health Insurance Costs With Nuance For 1 Person?
Mar 07, 2012

I know there is a 2500 deductible, just wondering about the cost for one employee to have insurance for herself per paycheck or monthly.  Thanks! ...

Any Idea What Family Insurance Costs For Webmedx?, Also Line Rates, Etc.
Jan 20, 2010

Just looking for a range here if you don't mind.   Also, are they strict with their schedules? ...

Can Someone Update Me On Focus/Nuance Insurance
Feb 27, 2011

They used to have decent and affordable medical insurance but I thought I heard in January the cost went up substantially.  Is this true? and if so, does anyone know how much it is now for individual and family? ...

Costs For An IC License ?
Jun 04, 2012

Hello again, everyone. Thank you SM for giving me some information on ScribeRight.   I am new at this type of position, and there is no guarantee they will call me or even want me, but if they do get in touch, does anyone here know how much an IC license will cost in Ohio and what the cost might be for a certificate for HIPAA ??    I searched several sites and I am not sure what I should be pricing.  Thanks everyone.  ...

Anyone Know How Much COBRA Costs?
Feb 21, 2013

Just considering my options. That's all I'm saying. I have the cheaper of the 2 health insurance plans, as well as the dental and vision plans. ...

Avoid DicTran At All Costs
Nov 03, 2009

DicTran had few reviews online so when we looked into purchasing their platform we could only rely on the deceptive sales presentation from their owner Bill. The company claimed to be able to satisfy all our needs but after we paid them communication became a major issue. Our MT's hate the platform since it forces them to use their custom software which has numerous errors. When we try to contact them for support they just might as well not exist. The worst part of the experience is we pay ...

Reducing Nonproduction Costs - - HA!
Mar 02, 2010

In the E-mail it says they are trying to eliminate nonproduction costs.  Well, I have a great idea in mind to reduce a lot of nonproduction costs, starting with some upper management and all of their worthless VP of this, VP of that.  Really, MQ, you are driving yourself into the GROUND!!!! ...

No Wonder Medical Costs So Much Now Days
Sep 14, 2013

Self referred to a vascular physician last month. He saw me about 10 minutes, said he "did not have a clue" what my issue was. I have straight forward aching at night waking me from sleep pain in the legs plus very tired feelings, sometimes worse with ambulating during the day. As a lay person I could myself have a clue. Got bill the other day with my copay and his cost to my insurance was $325.00. I called office manager, explained the short time seen, also "not having a clue" thought the bill ...

MQ Has To SEVERELY Cut Employee-related Costs And
Mar 22, 2010

There are severe legal ramifications if you put in writing that you agree to this cost cutting/salary control maneuvering by MQ.  Essentially they are getting us to let them off the hook with these "ESSAYS."  Please note on the email it states:  "All entries become the property of MQ and may be used in future communications."  Also, not to be outdone by their own salary slashing FTR program, they have also taken more time/money away from us as these are to be done on OUR O ...

Medical Costs To Raise 8.5% In 2012
May 20, 2011

Wonder how much more our wages will drop as medical costs continue to skyrocket out of control. ...

To Everyone So Worried About Paying Back Costs
Mar 11, 2014

if they change your schedule to something you don't like don't work it.  WOrk what you want.  Then if they fire you you can't be forced to pay it back.   ...

Need Advice - Drug Costs/CVS 90-day Mail
Oct 31, 2014

Does anyone out there get their generic drugs via the 90-day CVS plan by mail? I'm doing a price check.  I just noticed on this week's open enrollment "executive letter" regarding 2015 insurance that participation in CVS's 90-day mail order plan will be mandatory, unless we opt out.  Currently, we're on the High Deductible plan and my husband is on 3 generic meds that we get at Walmart because they're on Walmart's $4 (or sometimes less) list.  We ge ...

Nuance Benefits Costs For A Single Person?
May 12, 2013

Can anyone tell me the medical and dental insurance costs for a single person please? Thanks. ...

Insurance Question. If I Sign Up For Insurance Sm
Apr 15, 2010

and family member wishes to join later, can I enroll at any time or must it be during "official" enrollment period?    Thank you.  ...

Landmark Insurance - Insurance Cards Yet?
Jan 13, 2011

Has anybody received their insurance cards yet? ...

Landmark Insurance - What Is Happening With Our Insurance?
Jan 24, 2011

What do other LMers think of what is happening with our insurance?  I am the head of our household and am worried.  What do we do when COBRA runs out? ...

ICing: "Hidden" Costs
Dec 30, 2009

While I'm a veteran MT and former MTSO, I just had my first experience as an IC.  No doubt some here are veteran ICs who have already learned about what I have dubbed "hidden" costs.  I am posting this in the hopes that it helps some other newbies to ICing who, like me, are looking for extra work because they need the income.  During my initial phone interview, the manager of the company told me, "All you need is Windows XP, MS Word, Excel, an expander&nb ...

Nuance Insurance Or Obama's "marketplace" Insurance
Oct 17, 2013

Hmmmmmm, should I go with Nuance insurance or Obama's "marketplace" insurance - that is the question. I'll be broke either way. ...

Focus....HELP
Oct 14, 2009

Please let me know if there is anyone out there pleased with focus? I need to find a real job, not one that has no work! HELP!! ...

To Focus FT MTs
Feb 25, 2010

If you currently work FT with Focus could you share approximately or average of your gross montly income from Focus is. I am wondering if it is worthwhile to apply. I currently work as an IC and average $2000-2400 a month, which is fine but I have no benefits. I would like to have a FT job that provides insurance and PTO time but do not want to lose a chunk of my current income. Are you able to make what I currently do being FT? Thanks in advance for your input.  You can priv ...

Any Focus HR?
Mar 19, 2010

I worked for them previously and would love to to again.  Any contacts on this board? ...

FOCUS QA
Apr 30, 2010

I have been working at Focus now for 2 weeks.  I think everyone is nice.  All my QAs have seemed fair except today one QA (and only this one) counts off for blanks.  Well the team lead said you are not penalized for blanks when I hired on.  She said you won't be dinged for blanks.  Well so far I haven't had a QA to ding me for a blank, but today, as I said, one went to town on my reports and dinged for every single one I sent in.  My team lead isn't o ...

W-2 From Focus Yet? 
Jan 26, 2011

Has anyone gotten their W-2 from Focus yet?  ...

How Do You Focus When
Mar 22, 2011

There is such LOUD Indian-type music blaring in the background?  That is all I can hear.  The doctor is mumbling away and all I hear is Ooooohhhhhh, la le laaa, la le laaaaaa, la le laaaahha ha, ohoohohohOOOOOO, lo leeee luuu, loooo le luuuu.   HELP! ...

Focus
Dec 02, 2014

Recently I had the benefit of hearing someone speak on where our focus lies.  It wasn't a talk about employment at all, but I started thinking about it today as I read through the posts on this board. The jest of the talk was that if you focus on the negative you'll be grouchy, have more pain, be less productive, and generally be miserable.  If your focus is on the positive, though, suddenly you're happy in spite of miserable circumstances. I was hoping with this forum ...

Know About Focus Infomatics?
Nov 13, 2009

What do you fine folks know about Focus Infomatics (sp)?  What kind of platform?  Thanks everyone in advance.  ...

Any Focus/Infomatics QC Out There
Nov 21, 2009

Anyone out there who is working as a QC for Focus Infomatics and making a decent living?  I'm newish to this position and am struggling to make a buck.  I need some comfirmation I made a good move.  So far, not so good and I'm hoping I get into a better groove quick enough to move and make some decent money.  Any success stories very much appreciated! ...

Help..someone With Information On Focus!
Dec 03, 2009

Could someone give me the dirt on Focus?  Hours, work, supervisors, QA, workload>  Thanks in advance!... ...

Focus Info
Dec 03, 2009

What does Focus Infomatics require for line count for FT and PT? How long do they allow you to come up to that? ...

Eyes Don't Want To Focus
Dec 04, 2009

My eyes do not want to focus today.  I have to actually think and make them focus on my computer screen.  I had to put my glasses on already today.  Does anyone else have this problem ever?  Is this an occupational hazard or is there something wrong with me?  I do work a FT job and a PT job totalling over 60 hours a week, maybe my eyes are just extremely tired.  ...