A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Unofficial poll - escription numbered lists - 7th child

Posted: Apr 24, 2014

I am just curious. About what percentage of lists that appear in your reports numbered, as in past medical history or medications, comes out correctly? I am guessing that with medications specifically, which I think it does a horrid job at, about 2 or 3 times a day out of about 20 reports, the list will come out correctly. The majority however is completely messed up, double numbers, wrong medications, etc. I can't believe what a piece of work voice wRECk is?! When I see the advertisements on TV for the Dragon software and it works perfectly...it makes my head want to explode! It reminds me years ago when they came out with those "electronic mosquito repellent" devices for your wrist. They advertised like crazy and didn't work for one second. They just try to sell voice wRECk to as many people as they can so our CEO moves up in rank from the 17th richest. Us peons fix it so the docs don't know how bad it is. Sigh

0% - Sm

[ In Reply To ..]
That dragon commercial is usually on while I am eating lunch. Makes me want to put my foot through the TV!

0% - see msg

[ In Reply To ..]
I have no idea what my reaction would be if I ever saw an accurate list or accurate transcription period.

Save your sanity - List macro

[ In Reply To ..]

Not mine, I'm the "Awesome" poster.  Still working in EditScript and still using this macro religiously.

Similar Messages:

Unofficial Survey --equineluvr
Aug 31, 2010

Hello ...  Especially Equineluvr  (E-mail name) Not sure when you posted your initial "vent" comments, but I couldn't agree with you more.  I hope that you stumble upon my reply.  You are right on with regard to AAMT, now AHDI, the "ole girls" club. Yeesh, where do I start.  First of all, I too, am completely and totally irritated by the name change from AAMT to AHDI.  The key word missing is transcription.  There are many reasons for that, one of which ...

Days Are Numbered
Feb 04, 2010

This is probably the last time I'll post on this forum--finally moved on from the Q this last week and start with another company Monday.   The relief I felt leaving MQ was palpable.   Our profession is doomed.  And I say that not to be a frowny Fannie, but because it's a fact staring us all in the face. The problems with the Q , although vexing, are not what we have to worry about.  Well, we do, but what is going to phase us all out is the electronic medical reco ...

Capitalize First Letter In Numbered List
Apr 16, 2015

I already have Capitalize the first sentence checked in Autocorrect.  Has anyone created a macro to automatically captialize the first letter of each item in a numbered list? Would so appreciate it. ...

Macro To Automatically Correct Numbered List
Dec 09, 2012

Hey guys, this is for all the editscript users or people who can't use the auto list function in word.  This macro will run through a list that looks like this: 2.  cat. 9.  dog 10. bird. 2.  fish. and corrects the numbers to look like this: 1.  cat. 2.  dog. 3.  bird. 4.  fish.   It stops after the list so nothing else gets changed.    To use it, create an empty macro and assign a hot key.  Then go in to edit the macr ...

How To Make A Numbered Sublist In Fluency For Transcription 7.2.1.635
Oct 05, 2013

I have one dictator who likes making sublists.  I know how to make a list using Ctl + Shf + l to make bullets but don't remember how to make sublists (indented with bullets) or even sublists below sublists.  I've looked all over the tutorials but can't seem to find it.  Does anyone know how to do it? ...

AAMT Book Of Style - Medications Numbered And Listed?
Apr 07, 2010

According to AAMT Book of style, are medications numbered and listed?? ...

Is There A Chart Somewhere That Lists
Nov 13, 2009

what all the different medical coder levels are? CCS, CCA, CPC, etc. What they are, how to get each one, where they can work, how much they make. Any info appreciated as it is very confusing. ...

HEADING LISTS IN DOCQSCRIBE 6.1
Apr 06, 2011

We have just updated to Docqscribe 6.1 at our facility. Does anyone know if you can use the heading list function just for straight typing as we do not ASR.     ...

I See TL Now Lists Herself As 2nd Shift Supervisor. Sm
Oct 16, 2014

I have not seen or heard from JH for awhile - hope she did not leave but she might have been too nice to stay. Of course, no announcement will be made. Why should we know who our leads are, what the TAT is on the accounts, or anything else. We just types. ...

Supervisor Hardly Ever Sends Patient Lists
Jan 31, 2012

My supervisor assigns me work, but 5 times out of 10, she never sends me the patient list, which I can't start without. I call or e-mail her, but sometimes she's not available when I call, and sometimes she doesn't answer my e-mail until 3, 4, 5, or more hours later. This wastes my time and does not allow me to work the times I need to. Any suggestions about what to do? ...

New Grad Lists 40 Cpl On Resume Bank?
Feb 16, 2012

I just saw a listing in the resume bank for a new grad wanting 40 cpl. Wow. I want that too, and I have 15 years of experience and my own accounts... ...

Is There Any Site That Lists Generic Vs Brand Name Drugs?
Nov 07, 2009

nm ...

Drug S/l A-tid-o-lac 300 Mg Daily. Review Of Systems Only Lists Anxiety.
Nov 17, 2009

x ...

Question Re Processing Charge Tickets And Encounter Lists
May 16, 2012

Could someone explain to me the job description of "Process clinic, hospital and lab charge tickets upon completion by providers prior to forwarding to department coder" and "work outstanding encounter list and notify coding/billing staff of open encounters so a new charge ticket can be generated."   This job is in a large teaching hospital.  What needs to be done to charge tickets before going to the coder?  What is an outstanding encounter list?  Thanks. ...

Q Poll
Mar 23, 2010

Yes, I'm taking a class related to my field or job role. --- Now what would that particular class be?  English as a second language?  Eponyms 101? ...

Another Poll.
Mar 23, 2010

I would like honest answers. Who will be writing an essay?   I, for one, will not be for so many reasons I can't even state them all, but you all know them well.  The sad fact is that I have only been with MQ since October.  Was promised the moon...but, well, we see where that has gone.  I don't even know where my primary account is anymore!   I fully believe that even if NO ONE submits an essay, there will be a "winner" anyhow, but I'm curios to see ...

6.1 Poll
Sep 15, 2010

I'm one of the holdouts on switching to 6.1.  I use my own computer, a Vista 32 bit and it sounds like it should work.  However, there are so many people complaining how sluggish their computer is now, while others say they are having no problems, I'm curious.  My questions are: 1.  Are you using your own computer? 2.  Is it Vista, XP or Windows 7? 3.  Are you having problems with 6.1 being slow? I guess I'm hoping to hear that my computer will ru ...

I Would Like To Take A Poll
Oct 08, 2010

Hello, I would like to take a poll on who would like to talk to the QA people about your feedback?   Or do you not want to talk to the QA people?     ...

MT Poll
Dec 23, 2011

I am curious as to the status of other MTs around the country.  If you are a regular production-paid MT working as an employee or IC for a transcription company (i.e. not a team lead, supervisor, owner, etc.), I would appreciate your feedback in this little poll. How many years have you been in this business? What company do you currently work for? What platform (if any) do you currently work with? How many lines per hour do you average? How many hours a week do you work? What is your ...

Re THE POLL
Dec 23, 2011

For all of you who screamed (yes I heard it as screaming or whining) about the purpose, ulterior motives, etc.  For gawd's sake, if you are posting anonymously, what does it matter to give the particular information the poster asked for?  No, I'm not the OP and I'm not an MTSO, don't own a suit.  Just someone who can't figure out how some of you get through life being outright miserable, suspicious, and unhappy.  Sharing info with another MT (or even ...

How About A Poll?
Oct 17, 2012

Like this message if you believe there is no future in MT and that the best plan is to escape.  Dislike this message if you believe in MT and think what we need to do is unionize or use some other means to try to save it. ...

Poll: A $38,000 Course?
Apr 06, 2013

For the posters here looking into other fields of employment and/or courses, what would you do if you were contimplating getting into a field that you were not thoroughly in the know about, and an online university offered a couse in that field for $38,000? ...

POLL: How Many Are MEs Vs MTs? (sm)
Jun 17, 2013

For those who still do MT work, I'm curious to know what your work situation is, inhouse, outhouse with MTSO, IC with direct contracts to MDs/facilities? ...

Something Of A Poll, But What Would You Do If You
Jun 12, 2014

knew you were about to be fired?  Stop right then, keep working??  I am just curious. ...

Can We Do A Pay Poll?
Oct 30, 2014

I think it will help us all to know where we stand.  Maybe put a range of experience first, like 1-5 years, 6-10 years, 11-15 and 15+ and then your Regular/SR rate (not including any eve or weekend differentials).  I'll start:  11-15 years of experience.  0.0825 regular/ 0.0465 SR. For me, this is a pay cut recently.  I was working at a different company until recently, making .09 regular and .05.  Even though I know this MT thing is going down, it still suck ...

Poll
Jan 15, 2015

I got dinged on an audit for putting 4 x 4s, was told it should be 4 x 4's.  Just wondering what the concensus is. ...

Okay, Forget The Poll. Must Be The Only One
Jul 24, 2010

Glad you all are doing great in your jobs and have work. ...

Taking A Poll
Sep 01, 2010

If you get NJA on a very regular basis, reply with what state you are in.  Apparently, some states require pay for downtime, CA I believe being one of them.  I'm not sure of the other states.  Obviously, work can be routed to or away from us at will, and I have a feeling they are choosing MTs from the states that mandate downtime pay over states that don't. ...

Okay, Taking A Little Poll
Dec 05, 2012

Some have been trying for over 7 years to change things and things haven't changed. Okay.  Those of you who are quite certain you want to try to change things, how long have you been doing it?  And how much longer are you going to do it? I guess we who have been speaking up for 7 years have been doing it all wrong? ...

Poll. Whether Or Not This Is A Cut In Pay Rate For You. Sm
Dec 11, 2012

So, we can remain anon. Please click on like if your pay rate was NOT cut. Please click on dislike if your pay rate was cut. Thanks for your attention. ...