A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Now besides just getting our QA percentage marked off, - newbutold

Posted: Nov 30, 2014

our pay will be docked because we may leave out "a" or something along that line or not place a comma where they believe it should be.  Before it just affected our bonuses but not our actual pay that we get.  Now our pay will be deducted for every error that they deem that we make!!!  That doesn't even seem legal.  Even if you work at McDonalds and make a mistake they don't cut your pay and don't give me the crap about affecting patient safety.  Bull crap!!!  Yes there are errors that can be made and for that yes but not for these mostly stupid errors that they will now nitpick us to death.  Will be interesting to see how many of us will actually have to get MUP now because of this compared to before????  Think time to make my part time employer my full time employer

That's it in a nutshell - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
They have now taken full power by doing this. And will it be abused. What do you think. Has it been abused in the past. yes. History repeats itself. Now it isn't just the bonus. And no more ignoring those critical error e mails or ignoring Fiesa. This is their way of making people pay attention to Fiesa. The stress will double because it will mean being able to make any kind of money more than minimum wage. Now best to settle for minimum wage. Personally I do not work for minimum wage and I already told them that. They understood my concerns. Got a quick answer. Showed me the door. True story. This happened today.

Was your info from a TSM? - So scared...

[ In Reply To ..]
The thing that bothers me the most is the subjective nature of this plan. Who is the decision maker? If they see that an MT is making more than they'd like to pay, will they knock that person down a peg or two by "finding" or "creating" what they feel are errors?

They have the power now - newbutold

[ In Reply To ..]
They now have the license to do whatever they want. Sure you can request a reversal in FIESA but THEY don't have to do anything THEY don't want to do. That is why that statement was in there about qualifying for MUP They know that the majority of all their employees will qualify and they will have to pay it. They aren't stupid. They know exactly what they are doing. We will be dinged to death now. There will be no more bonuses given because no one will be able to qualify for this. This should be illegal to do to employees.

What? They let you go today for telling them that? - Im speechless...

[ In Reply To ..]
Am I the only one who caught what she just said? They told her they understood her concerns and showed her the door! That's heartless.

I am that poster and yes - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told they understood my concerns and if I was uncomfortable that while I could stay perhaps it would be best to go. I was just asking for concrete rate in writing... no variables. That was the answer.
I'd be willing to bet that what they did was - NOT legal. nm.
[ In Reply To ..]

so true but....sm - confused

[ In Reply To ..]
but wouldn't it be really stupid of them to lower everything so most are making MUP? They hate MUP b/c usually when they pay it, it meant that person didn't actually type/edit for it. So why would they lower the pay so much we are all getting MUP? That looks so bad on a company. I know it can be so all can make minimum wage for their state and nothing more, but geez... that's looking bad on the company. Some say we can even collect partial unemployment b/c of all of that so this doesn't make sense to me. Has anyone tried to e-mail higher ups? The guys on our e-mails for this plan (CEO)? I might.

or how about wage and labor board? - confused

[ In Reply To ..]
anyone reached out to them? Once this new pay plan rolls out and we get more information exactly this might be worth while. With them paying MUP; however, it gives them a leg to stand on BUT to not have a set pay amount is not right.

It is production work. It is our choice to accept or not accept - what they are paying.

[ In Reply To ..]
JMHO, they basically can pay us anything we will accept.

Their only legal obligation is to make sure they pay us minimum wage.

And, I suspect anyone not making minimum wage will be performance planned, micro-managed and audited so much they will quit, or eventually be fired for not meeting quality standards and possibly production requirements. Those people will then have to fight for unemployment. Nuance will have all the documentation they need with their fancy programs.

My mom once told me life is not fair, as much as we would like it to be.

We can not control with other people do, but we can control what we do, and how we allow people to treat us.
If when this rolls out, it really does affect us as badly as we all seem to think it will, it will do no good to blame Nuance.

It is your choice to be their employee. I do suggest now is the time for everyone to seriously be putting out feelers and re-doing their resume.

Don't blame Nuance, blame yourself if you stick around and take it.

It is horrid. It is sad. However, the MT ship has sailed with the big MTSOs, and we just have to move on, hopefully finding life with a smaller company or another field even.

Also, JMHO, letters to higher ups will just give them something to laugh about.
Sad, but true, and those SBs will laugh no doubt. - They are heartless.
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been a hold out for too long. I'm in the process of getting things in order and will bail very, very soon when it is to MY advantage.
true- but...sm - confused
[ In Reply To ..]
My fear of staying in this field is every company has been bought out by Nuance or will be. No hospitals are hiring around here either. Ever. So, where do you go? If you go to another company and they get bought out by Nuance your screwed.
my 2 cents - sm mess
[ In Reply To ..]
Only you know what is right for you.

If the changes are not that bad, and you can survive, then let go of the negativity and accept you are where you need to be at this point in time.

Otherwise, get proactive - look at online classes. Think outside the box. What other area would you WANT to work in? If you are smart enough to be a good MT, trust me, there are PLENTY of jobs you can do with some training.

Change is not easy. It probably will require sacrifices. And yes, it sucks that we have to. But focusing and dwelling on the negative only hurts YOU. It does NOT bother Nuance (except maybe your TSM if you have a good relationship) at ALL.

But as I said in another note, it's your choice. And, if you decide Nuance is your best choice for now - then don't come here and read the negatives. Focus on making your situation as positive for yourself as you can.

I hesitate to say that because I believe Nuance will continually change things and it will never be stable or good again.. but if it works for you now, and is your only option, then figure out a way to make it work.

Good luck to you.

sweatshop transcription contract - Kline

[ In Reply To ..]
Is that what the contract says?
Did you sign a contract that says they can do this or are they pulling a tricky fast one?
Are they sending you style guides that tell you where they want commas? (I've seen people want them in the strangest places. Grammar rules belong to the signer of the check.)
IS IT ABOUT TIME THAT THE NUANCE CUSTOMERS KNOW HOW THEY TREAT THEIR WORKERS? Perhaps it is.

Pre versus post - %

[ In Reply To ..]
I have always been told by my TSM that only the postaudits count...did I read that email correctly that this new compensation plan include jobs sent for review because of difficult dictator, questions or blanks, etc?? I know that the QC already goes through the reports and takes off for everything, but now it will count as to how much we are paid?

I am no longer going to take extra time trying to figure out what the ELSs are saying because I get zapped a ton for trying to figure them out--I am going to blank everything.

Reports sent to review for blanks CAN be post audited at their discretion. sm - Rude Awakening

[ In Reply To ..]
I had a rude awakening on that one. Supv had always said only post audit reports count in percentage. Then, I noticed one of my difficult dictators I had sent for review due to blanks show up as post audit. Upon questioning, I was told that yes, indeed, they can pull from anywhere for post audits including reports sent in with blanks for review. Of course, have no clue how this is going to play out in the future. Up until the point of my rude awakening, I had been getting the quarterly bonus often, not every quarter, but often. No more.

pre audit - wondering

[ In Reply To ..]
what I'm wondering is how there is anything to count off for if they're doing post audits on reports that went through pre audit; they pick them to pieces in pre audit; shouldn't errors found in those reports be counted against the pre auditors? Not meaning to stir anything up, just wondering.
From what my TSM told me... - star
[ In Reply To ..]
If you send a report to QC for blanks, they are only obligated to fill in the blanks, not audit the whole report. So, technically QA can pull a report that was reviewed for blanks only and ding you for any errors you made, even if the report already went through QC.

Similar Messages:

If I Put A.m., I'm Marked Off?
Jul 25, 2012

In all my years of life, I have NEVER typed 3 P.M.  It is 3 p.m.  NOT CAPPED.   Now, all of a sudden, I get marked off for not putting it in all caps?  I HATE M*MODAL! ...

Twice Where I Have Had A Report That Is Marked As SR
Jul 01, 2012

I dont pay much attention to upcoming jobs..But I will from now on...Second job I have had in 2 days that was marked as ASR but came out blank..Typed the whole thing and was making a macro for the doctor and saw the skipped marker when I deleted the text..So I made it and expansion, hit f11, cleared it all out, and sent it that way..And im not bothering sending reasons why I do F11, if they want to know they can ask, I dont have the time...Beware all thats a sneaky way to screw us out of lines. ...

I Got Marked Down For Transcribing DB HL As 2 Words
Aug 08, 2013

It was corrected to dBHL. Was QA correct in changing it to 1 word as "dBHL." ??? ...

Because Of The Concern Of The Marked Leukocytosis And The (presumption) Of Sepsis Due To That
May 12, 2011

Because of the concern of the marked leukocytosis and the (s/l presumption) of sepsis due to that ...

Way To Research Prior Dictation To See If FIESA Correct In What They Marked Off For
Jan 29, 2014

I have been dinged for something that I know I did not do, is there a way to go back and see your header and if you pended report and if so what you put there.  I know I pended this and they are telling me I did not.  Thanks ...

He Has Marked Tightness Of His Lumbar Area On Forward Flexion. He Remains Absolutely Flat.
Mar 02, 2012

not sure if its all correct in this format or if there should be a period after the word area and then "on forward flexion he remains absolutely flat." Tia. ...

Percentage Sent To QA
Jun 27, 2012

I sent in 10% to QA last month due to difficult dictators.  There were a couple of days where I had some really bad dictations and maybe sent in 4 reports on that day.  Other days I didn't send any reports to QA.  The company has always told us if we are not 100% sure of the word to leave it blank.  Now I am being penalized for taking this advice.  I have been put on notice that they will let me go if I continue to go over 8%.  Does this seem unreasonable? &nbs ...

QC Percentage
Feb 27, 2013

Can anyone tell me what QC percentage means on our time card and what it has to be in order to get our weekly bonus?  Thank you! ...

Percentage Question
Feb 18, 2011

dictated one-tenth percent - would you type .1%?  This seems odd to me.   TIA.  ...

What Percentage Of Proscript Is VR?
Sep 14, 2013

AND, are you able to make money?  How expensive is the insurance and how are the supervisors?  Thank you. ...

Percentage Of Lines To QA?
Jan 21, 2015

When we first started this new compensation plan, I remember the magic line percentage for QA was 2%... but was that NO MORE than 2% gets post-audited, or AT LEAST 2% gets post-audited?   Just realized I have over 200 lines already post-audited for the week, but I have only transcribed 6500 lines so far, and 2% of that would be 130.   ...

Is There A Way To Keep Track Of Percentage Being Sent To QC?
Mar 06, 2015

I never know where I stand until after the fact. Do any of you know how to keep track of this? The nonsense just keeps increasing and increasing. ...

Why Are We Being Penalized For QC Percentage Over 10%?!
Apr 27, 2015

This past pay period because my QC percentage was over 10% both weeks I calculated lost wages of almost $400.  The first week my quality was 100%, the second 99.7%.  The second week my QC percent was just a hair over 10%, but I of course ended up on the bottom of the pay grid, a difference of $150 for the week.  I don't send reports to QC because I'm lazy.  Why should we continue to get penalized for bad dictators, unknown names/business entities on new accounts, et ...

Audit Percentage.
Jun 03, 2015

Does anyone remember what they had said the percentage of audit should be each week? I know I have only had 1 job audited each week for the past 3 weeks. Which of course means 1 mistake and I'm under 99%. Anyone? Thanks. ...

What Is The Percentage Of A Passing Audit? Is It 96 Or 98? NM
Nov 24, 2010

NM ...

Quick Poll - QA Percentage Requirements
Jan 23, 2012

Is industry standard now a requirement of 99% accuracy for the usual employee review to maintain employment or (heaven forbid) achieve a bonus? 97%, 98%, or 99%.  Just curious. ...

Editors: What Percentage Of Your Time Is Not Compensated?
Apr 29, 2013

Trying to determine the norm for providing free work. I spend more time fixing dictator's demographic errors demographic errors and searching for data that should have been dictated than I do editing. I'm just wondering if other editors just note these problems for QA to deal with or are you also working pretty much for free? Anyone been fired for refusing to work for free? ...

What Percentage Of Dictators Can Achieve 99% Accuracy Using VR?
Nov 24, 2013

On the account I work I'd say only about one dictator in 20 can achieve 99% accuracy with VR without editing.   This doesn't surprise me in the least. We could have told the developers this 20 years ago, but money talks.  For the doctors forced to use VR, will the errors be acceptable to them?  To the big wigs at the hospitals?   ...

Question About QA Percentage And Line Rate
Aug 08, 2014

actually make sense or work. If you do lose the 0.03 cpl, don't they have to make sure you are paid min wage per hour. Wouldn't they then have to supplement you? What sense does this policy make then? ...

Trending And Correction Report Percentage
Oct 26, 2014

Has anyone figured out how the h____ this new trending and correction report percentage is working on Fiesa. Are they cherry picking the most difficult doctors to audit and skipping over the physicians that would balance the percentage score. That thing is so skewed, I cannot figure out for the life of me what it is suppose to reveal. It is totally biased against the MLS from what I can understand. ...

What Percentage Of Your MQ Work Is ASR And Would You Be Making More If You Straight Typed It?
Oct 19, 2009

x ...

Blood Alcohol Was 0.403 Which Is 3 100ths (3 Hundreths) Of A Percentage
Jul 03, 2010

blood alcohol was 0.403 which is 3 100ths (3 hundreths) of a percentage over what they will take.  Help! I am stumped! ...

If An Audit Slams You For An Error Counted As 0.25, How Is The Percentage 97.88%?
Mar 18, 2010

I am confused.  ...

Beginning April 1 The Percentage Score Goes From 99.6 To 99.7, Just Got The Email. NM
Mar 20, 2014

NM ...

What Percentage Of Your Dictators Enter All Demographics Needed?
May 18, 2014

. ...

Eye Surgery - Marked Dramatically S/l "systpalpadum"
May 07, 2014

2 questions: Marked dramatically s/l "systpalpadum" of both eyelids with significant orbital s/l "fasted" herniation.  Does not sound like fat herniation.    ...

Marked In Classical Manner Of S/l "run-yo"
Jun 27, 2012

abdominoplasty surgery and status post hernia repair with palpable tacks.  Thanks! ...

Transcend Question - What Does "DC Percentage" Mean And Should It Be High Or Low? Sm
Feb 08, 2010

As a Transcend employee, on opening the home page of the Transcend web site, it shows me my Productivity from the day prior, as well as "DC percentage."  What is the DC percentage, how is it calculated and should it be a high or low percentage? ...