A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Can you drop to PT (30 hours) from FT at any time? - Kiki1

Posted: Sep 02, 2010

Or only certain time of the year?  With all the NJA the stress of trying to stay FT and get my 40 hours in killing me.  It's getting next to impossible to get 40 hours anyway, so I figure I'd go to PT of 30 hours and stop stressing.  My CCM says I'll most likely lose my health benefits anyway if I continue not getting my 40 hours in.   

then you will struggle to get in your 30 hours - I run out at 24 hours every day

[ In Reply To ..]
and I struggle to make up 24 hours a week.

Similar Messages:

If You Drop To 35 Hours/week, Do You Still Get All The Full-time Benefits?
Dec 15, 2014

I'd like to drop 5 hours, but not if I have to pay more for health insurance, etc. ...

Full-time/Part-time Hours?
Feb 13, 2012

Since part-time is generally considered 20-25 hrs. per week, does that mean that full-time is anything over 25 hrs. per week or does it have to be a flat 40 hrs? ...

Part-time Hours
Sep 08, 2012

A year ago I lost my primary and had to transfer to a new CCM, she was getting a new account that only sent us work evenings and weekends, so to keep my job I chose those hours but then as time went on asked to have some day hours on other accounts.   But that has put me up to 38 hours.  Now I want to cut back to 24 hours and am having a hard time getting my CCM to take the time see where I can cut.  Been with this company for 16 years (before we had to clock in and have a schedule...fullti ...

Part Time, 40/48 Hours Per Pay
Oct 29, 2012

I am restricted to 4 hours a day per my doctor.  Does anyone know if you can work 40 hours instead of 48 per pay with dr note or can you be released-is there a law regarding this????? Anyone know???  Thanks ya'll.  ...

Time Clock Hours Off
May 28, 2013

Ok, I am wondering something.  I work about 10 hours a day because I have back problems so I get up and walk around the house, then back to work.  I'm not talking an hour walk around the house, I'm talking maybe 10 minutes tops.  So in that 10 hours a day I get maybe 25 hours showing on webclock for the week.  I've tried sitting longer and longer periods still at the end of the week I'm showing less hours, though my line count is 6000 and above.  Is t ...

Part Time Hours
Nov 25, 2013

Does anyone know what number of hours per week constitutes part-time? 20? 24?  Thanks in advance. ...

What Are Part Time Hours
Apr 02, 2014

can anyone tell me what constitutes part time hours at Mmoral? ...

Cut Back On Hours ...again...time To Retire
Feb 08, 2010

I have been cut back on my hours at my current job, after being rehired full time 3 months ago (grrrrrrrr!!!!).  The hospital and doctors office I work for currently switched from cassettes to VR, and the workload has dropped dramatically, and with them hiring trauma surgeons only, with no hope of more work, it has hastened me to make a decision to retire from transcription completely after 27 years.  I started my own travel agency after graduating fro ...

Part-time Hours Requirement
Jul 26, 2011

Does anyone know how hard and fast MQ is on their minimum part-time requirements? I know it's 24 hours per week. I'm ideally looking for 16-20 hours. Does anyone work for MQ for less than 24 hours a week?  Just wondering if there's any flexibility on this.  Thanks! ...

Question About Part-time And Hours
Sep 25, 2012

Our hospital is being outsourced to MModal.  The offers are supposedly there and ready but for some reason they haven't passed them on to us yet.  I was wondering how many hours are required for part-time and if you can work a flexible shift.  If I can work part-time with a split shift I may consider taking the offer.  Of course I will have to see it first because I haven't heard much good about MModal. Thanks. ...

How Many Hours Is Part-time At MModal?
Jan 17, 2013

Synernet Part-time Hours?
Jul 25, 2013

Does Synernet hire part-timers to work evenings and weekends, up to 20 hours a week? ...

How Much Leeway Do We Have With Full- Time Hours?
May 13, 2014

Hi - Have recently gone to full time and need to know how many minutes we are allowed [either less or more] each pay period.    I don't see how I can exactly meet 40 hours each week.  Any advice would be very much appreciated.  TIA ...

Only 9 Hours This Week And Full-time With Benefits And
Dec 27, 2012

happen before and I have another part-time job so I can't keep checking back and forth all day everyday to make up time. Anyone else every been in this situation? Tomorrow is Friday and I am not even close to 20 hours let alone 39?? I have put in tickets in remedy, but just curious if anyone else has ever been in this situation and what was the outcome? ...

Impossible To How Many Full-time To Not Make Hours.
Jan 26, 2013

I haven't made by 80 hours per pay in quite a long time (almost a year).  I sure there are some of you out there, too.  They must not mind paying their portion of my benefits from health insurance to life insurance, STD, an on.  What is up with that?  I have never had a call saying I have to make my hours up or get called on the carpet for only sometimes putting in 50 hours or less.  I just don't get it! ...

Part-time Hours And Employee Status
Mar 28, 2014

Are there any companies that hire part-time Monday through Friday from around 8 AM to 12 noon or 9 AM to 1 PM that would be employee status? I am looking for a company that would hire me part-time to do clinic work and need to have week-ends off for sporting events for my son.  ...

Amphion...what Are The Min. Hours For Part-time? Any PT Benefits?
Apr 24, 2015

nm ...

Least Number Of Hours You Can Work Part-time With Employment Status
Jan 04, 2010

Hi.. I was wondering, what is the least number of hours you can work part-time with employment status. Thanks! ...

Anyone Know The Minimum Number Of Hours And Lines Per Week Required For Part-time
Aug 04, 2010

MT/ME positions at Medquist? ...

Just Applied To Nuance. Curious What Hours Most Of You Work And What Hours 2nd Shift Is?
Jul 10, 2012

Please don't discourage me from applying to Nuance.  I just lost my job today and I need a job BAD!  Plus, I've only got two semesters of college left before I graduate and move out of this field.  Anyway, can someone tell me what 2nd shift hours are? And I'm curious to know when most of you work. Thanks ...

Shesh. Been Sitting Here 6 Hours For 3-1/2 Hours Of Work.
Apr 17, 2013

Somehow, I think we should be getting paid for the time we are waiting between jobs, especially since the wait isn't fitting into the 15-minute wait period. - Of course, waiting put under work availability. ...

Department Of Labor Says 40 Hours Equals 40 Hours...
Sep 16, 2014

...check it out for yourselves. Employees are not independent contractors. If you signed up for a straight 8 per day, your time sheet should reflect only the breaks you take off the clock. They are so messing with you folks! ...

S/l Drop Palpation
Feb 08, 2010

With regards to the right hip, it is also evaluated showing no swelling or deformity.  There is significant tenderness to s/l drop palpation over the greater trochanter.   tia. ...

VR Pay....is It Customary To Drop The Cpl AND....sm
Apr 18, 2011

decrease the weight of a line when paying VR.  For example, if you edit 2000 lines in a day, is it customary for the company to ask you to multiply that by 0.70 for a total of 1400 lines because they are VR and not straight transcription as well as pay you half your transcription line rate?  Does everyone do this?  I am finding VR to be much more intense and demanding than straight transcription and this seems like a double whammy to me! ...

I'm FT But Want To Drop To PT (need Is More Like It).....my Question Is....
May 25, 2011

Are we allowed to drop to part time any time or is there only a certain time of year we can change status?  Thanks in Advance! ...

Ladies Let's Drop It
Dec 26, 2012

What an ugly discussion below and let's just let it go and agree to disagree! ...

Eye Drop Dosage
Aug 09, 2013

Doctor is giving medication list and says: "Erythomycin 0.5 s/l in-shrib-in to right eye." I'm assuming it is drops or ointment but don't know what in-shrib-in might mean and it's said very clearly. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Workload Drop - Medquist
Jul 16, 2010

This month my available work at MQ has dropped off a cliff...anybody else experiencling this? Does anybody know what is going on? ...

If It Is Possible To DROP The Health Insurance?
Aug 21, 2011

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to DROP the health insurance?  I can't make ends meet so I wanted to know if I could drop it and have additional money in my check   ...

I Want To Drop To PT But What Happens With The Medical Insurance? Sm
Aug 26, 2011

If I drop to part time at the beginning of Sep, how long is my medical insurance in effect?  Is it dropped immediately?  Thanks! ...