A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Has anyone figured out system hours? - Kim

Posted: May 26, 2015

I have asked for clarification of this but have never received a response from any TSM.  How is it figured?  Time typing?  Time spent pushing the foot pedal?  My system hours are usually quite a bit lower than actual hours.  Although no one has ever said anything to me about it, I fear that might not always be the case.  

system hours - sally

[ In Reply To ..]
I think system hours are the time you actually spent in a document typing. Not when you are looking things up, etc.

It is hands on the keyboard actively working in - a report time.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

No, no and no. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
There are NOT little invisible robots that can tell if your hands are "on the keyboard" or not. You just have to have report open, not paused, not timed out, etc. Waaaay too much paranoia going on here, lol.

and... - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
If your platform shows time taken per report, just test this yourself. Start the timer when the job loads onto your screen. Work some, stop, get up for a few minutes, sit down and work for a few minutes, stare into space for a few minutes. When you're all done and upload the job, check the time it took. The 2 platforms I work on give me the EXACT time my timer says, as long as I'm in the job ΓΆ€“ even when my hands aren't on the keyboard and/or my foot isn't on the pedal!

I tried a week where I... - Kim

[ In Reply To ..]
had an open report at all times that I went to the bathroom, got snacks, looked stuff up, etc. My system hours were like 32 out of 40. Maybe all platforms are different. I would assume it HAS to be based on pressing foot pedal or typing. I don't have that timer thing you mention. I keep meaning to try a week of typing non-stop to see if that helps, but so far that just isn't any fun. ;-)
I understand that some platforms do "time out" - ...
[ In Reply To ..]
after a short time of no activity. Mine do not, I guess. It would be super helpful if someone's TSM would explain this once and for all (maybe none of them understand either). Good luck on your research!
Same here.... - me
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm on the Emdat Inscribe platform. My hours are always off by quite a bit on my time card (by 4-5 hours usually and I'm part-time). I have no timer either. The only way to see those hours is on my time card. I also do only straight typing... not sure if that makes any difference or not. I also have dual monitors, so when I'm in my platform it's always up on that one screen while I research or goof off or whatever on the other screen.

The only time I am in my platform is when I have jobs downloaded in my queue, so simply having a job downloaded and open is not what clocks those system hours for me. I'm never logged into my platform without jobs in my queue, and the platform is always up and open on one of my screens. I have exclusives, so I don't have a set schedule. I follow their lead. The longest I would be in my platform with no jobs downloaded would be if I log on and check for work and there is none, and I log right back out. It takes maybe 15 seconds at most. I think Inscribe absolutely clocks those system hours based on pedal action and/or keyboard action or something like that.
system hours - YD
[ In Reply To ..]
System hours simply represent the time you have Escription open and not paused (for those of us on Escription platform). Doesn't matter if you are typing or taking a break--if you don't pause the program, then the time counts toward system hours. (Your LPH, however, is calculated based not on system hours but on your WebClock hours that you punch in.) Don't know how other platforms calculate system hours.
System hours - moi
[ In Reply To ..]
This does not seem right, but I have checked my personal email, drooled over on-line shopping stuff, folded laundry and put it away, all while logged into a job, and my statistics are always good. I am not proud of this, but just sayin.
how do you pause in Escription - ac
[ In Reply To ..]
Im on Editscript 10.
don't have that version but manual says - Click Utilities then
[ In Reply To ..]
select Pause EditScript and Transcription Timer from the EditScript toolbar
systems hours different for different platforms - all smiles
[ In Reply To ..]
System hours are different for different platforms. You need to ask regarding what does and what does not count, and you have the right to know.

Escription 11 system hours are based on being in the job. That said, if you are not typing your lph will be lower because the clock is running.

Some versions of escription allow you to 'pause' the clock, but not for long.

Enterprise 5 system hours = keystroking and/or keyboarding hours.

Slow uploading and downloading will lower system hours.

Similar Messages:

I Just Figured Out That The More Hours I Work
Apr 20, 2013

It is too difficult to just sit a straight 6-8 hours and read crapy reports all day.  I make less money and get slower. When I work less hours, I MAKE MORE MONEY!  I sit for 2 hours and I make more. ...

System Hours Question
Jun 13, 2012

Looking for new company.  What is the required minimum of system hours or typing/editing/transcription time excluding emails, breaks, looking up account specifics, etc is required? The company I work for keeps changing it to the point we are only allowed 20 minutes in an entire 8 hour shift to not be typing. Job load time doesn't count! yikes! thanks all. ...

Total System Hours?
Jul 24, 2012

Can someone please explain to me how the "total system hours" are calculated? My manager is always complaining that there shouldn't be a big difference between your hours clocked in on Webclock and your "total system hours" in Enterprise. I am wondering how they calculate these as I know it is not the time that you are clocked into Enterprise. I am guessing that they are somehow able to determine when you are actively working in Enterprise--typing, listening to audio, etc.? The thing that c ...

Question: What Does Total System Hours Mean
Jan 05, 2015

nm ...

Total System Hours Question...
Jan 28, 2015

How does this total system hours work I see on the timesheet now?  It is way under my scheduled hours. Can someone please explain this to me? Shouldn't it be even with the hours I worked/am scheduled? I clock in and out only when working so I do not understand why it is much lower. How exactly does this work or get tracked??? Thanks! ...

I Figured It Out
Sep 19, 2012

We are waiting to hear about "enhanced compensation" or really "reduction" until everyone is moved over to 7.1. They did not expect there to be so many delays, and I think real soon, everyone will be shifted over, and then they can show us with all of our production reports how great their program is, and then cut the pay to be "industry standard." I knew I would figure out a reason it was taking so long. ...

Has Anyone Figured Out How To Use A
Nov 09, 2014

footpedal in bed?  I broke my other ankle and thinking it would be more comfortable, but can't seem to figure out how to make it work.  Any ideas? ...

I Just Figured Out My Pay And With MUP It Will Be
Dec 18, 2014

That's right. Never before have I had MUP but I'd better now and it will come out to the exact same thing I would've gotten under the old plan. Unless they forget the MUP and I'd just like to see them try it! ...

I Think I Have It Figured Out!
Mar 21, 2015

Think I have finally figured it out. We got a call from Chase saying that someone had used our credit card and had tried to charge two items worth a couple of hundred dollars but they turned it down. I am certain they have software that figures out your buying patterns, where you go, and what you normally buy with their card as a way to cut down their losses. If that is the case and I am sure that it is, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that this company must have sof ...

How Is PTO Rate Figured?
Dec 26, 2012

I took 8 hours PTO yesterday and haven't a clue how much I made for the day.  Can anyone tell me the "formula" for figuring this?? Thanks ...

How Is OT Figured At Your Company?
Jun 26, 2014

Once upon a time, I used to work for a company, who, when working overtime, would have you log the lines you did during your OT period and pay 1-1/2 times whatever your line count was, which was awesome.   It seems this day and age, companies have a base rate in which they pay for PTO purposes and all the lines done (OT and regular) are put in the same count, and then how ever many OT  hours worked are paid at the base rate and then half, which is actually considerably less than what w ...

For Those On PM I Think I Figured Out The Strategy...
Jul 16, 2014

Well ever since the contest I have gotten completely new dictators and some new accounts.  All of which I can't keep up.  I have a feeling that the easier work was assigned to those in the contest.  That is the only thing I can think of.  Either that or they are trying to get rid to of me.  At this point, hope to be fired.  I don't know how much more of this I can take.   ...

Just Resigned Either I Am Paranoid Or I Have It Figured Out
Jun 14, 2010

I have worked for Medquist 7 years, started out 10 cents a line and I am Tier III ESL accounts.  Used to work for transcend before that.  We went to ASR and we were told to highlight and correct so we could "train" it.  We have been doing that for the C-Bay over in India through Spheris and Medquist who are owned by them in case you are new to this website.  Our loyalty and quality assurance has caused us to lose our jobs.  I resigned but I know a lot other well paid MT/ ...

Anybody Figured Out How To Disable AUTOSAVE?
Sep 29, 2010

I still swear that is what is bogging down my computer.  Every time my computer "freezes" for a few seconds, I see that Autosave message in the left lower corner of the screen.  Then it will catch back up and type better for a little bit.  I Googled how to turn it off or reset the Autosave to less frequently, but didn't really get a good answer.  ...

I May Be Leaving This Job Way Sooner Than I Figured....sm
Sep 14, 2013

Several things have happened in the last 6 to 8 weeks or so where my accounts are concerned.  First, my primary account was changed to basically a secondary and the worst of the worst accounts (which happened to be like #4 in my list/queue) was moved to the #1 slot.  It didn't take me 2 weeks to realize that I was going to have a nervous breakdown if I had to continually do this particular account ALL of the time (and I do mean ALL of the time) because pretty much no one else is w ...

I Think I Finally Figured Out The New Pay Plan.....
Jan 19, 2015

Okay - I've only been here a couple of weeks, and the pay plan is all finally starting to make sense..... now I understand.  So.... really, the way to make the most money is to not send more than 10% to QC.  It does't matter how good my quality is or my speed is, if I send more than 10% to QC,  I only make 7 cents a line......   so I'm better off with slighly less quality as long as I don't send more to QC.  It doesn't make much sense, but I am g ...

How Are Weekly FIESA Scores Figured? Sm
Sep 30, 2013

I thought they were calculated weekly but my FIESA score for the period of 9/21-9/28 should have given me a bonus if that is true and it was the same as it was the week before, which was under 99. ...

Just Applied To Nuance. Curious What Hours Most Of You Work And What Hours 2nd Shift Is?
Jul 10, 2012

Please don't discourage me from applying to Nuance.  I just lost my job today and I need a job BAD!  Plus, I've only got two semesters of college left before I graduate and move out of this field.  Anyway, can someone tell me what 2nd shift hours are? And I'm curious to know when most of you work. Thanks ...

Camus System? (computer System)
Dec 26, 2013

I cannot find documentation on this.  The context appears to be the imaging and labs and the doctors have been dictating the system is down.  Thank you for any help! ...

Shesh. Been Sitting Here 6 Hours For 3-1/2 Hours Of Work.
Apr 17, 2013

Somehow, I think we should be getting paid for the time we are waiting between jobs, especially since the wait isn't fitting into the 15-minute wait period. - Of course, waiting put under work availability. ...

Department Of Labor Says 40 Hours Equals 40 Hours...
Sep 16, 2014

...check it out for yourselves. Employees are not independent contractors. If you signed up for a straight 8 per day, your time sheet should reflect only the breaks you take off the clock. They are so messing with you folks! ...

Is It Possible To Get 40 Hours' Work In 40 Hours?
Aug 09, 2014

If it takes more, how many more? I realize this is an answer dependent on many factors, but I'm talking in general terms. Thank you. ...

8:25 EST - Is The System Down? Nm
Jul 14, 2010

I can't access the demographics and my jobs are neither uploading nor downloading.  It's not my Internet connection. ...

System Down Pay
Jul 15, 2010

Did anyone work last night when the system went down for a bit?  Has anyone heard if we will be paid for that lost hour or is it our responsibility to make this up also?  It fries me as last night I HAD work and today I don't.  What is the use of getting PTO if you can't let amount to anything so that you can take time off when you want or need to? ...

System Down??
Aug 30, 2011

Anyone else having trouble.  Cannot connect to DocQscribe or my email!! ...

This System
May 13, 2012

beyond repair.  We let it go on far too long, the abuses.  The lawsuit will help, but it is not enough, and it will take too long. I shouldn't be complaining about making minimum wage or less than minimum wage or be bullied into changing my timesheet.  I shouldn't have to see any posts on here telling me I must be a bad MT if I only make minimum wage.   I have spyware loaded onto my computer that watches me.  Something is not right here folks.   ...

Whole System Down
Jan 11, 2013

The whole freaking system is down!!  I LOVE it.  I hope they are losing millions$$$$ ...

CRY System???
Mar 03, 2013

I'm doing a total hip arthroplasty. The dictator is using a "CRY system." Can anyone tell me the actual spelling of this?     Thanks! ...

System Down Or Is It Me?
Sep 04, 2013

x ...

System Down For Me, Too
Oct 28, 2013

Crap. ...