A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How is OT figured at your company? - Curious

Posted: Jun 26, 2014

Once upon a time, I used to work for a company, who, when working overtime, would have you log the lines you did during your OT period and pay 1-1/2 times whatever your line count was, which was awesome.   It seems this day and age, companies have a base rate in which they pay for PTO purposes and all the lines done (OT and regular) are put in the same count, and then how ever many OT  hours worked are paid at the base rate and then half, which is actually considerably less than what would actually be paid if you were being paid 1-1/2 times your line rate.  

These companies haven't cared about the MT in a while and never will.  I was just curious as to how many others are paid this way.  

How it OT Figured - BrokeGirl

[ In Reply To ..]
It's figured in a convoluted fashion that apparently only the MTSO owner understands. It is certainly not the traditional OT pay. It is not much of an incentive to put in extra time and I don't think the other people at the company think so either based on the memos I get. The backlog would not be a problem if the pay was truly OT pay but that's just my opinion.

Similar Messages:

I Figured It Out
Sep 19, 2012

We are waiting to hear about "enhanced compensation" or really "reduction" until everyone is moved over to 7.1. They did not expect there to be so many delays, and I think real soon, everyone will be shifted over, and then they can show us with all of our production reports how great their program is, and then cut the pay to be "industry standard." I knew I would figure out a reason it was taking so long. ...

Has Anyone Figured Out How To Use A
Nov 09, 2014

footpedal in bed?  I broke my other ankle and thinking it would be more comfortable, but can't seem to figure out how to make it work.  Any ideas? ...

I Just Figured Out My Pay And With MUP It Will Be
Dec 18, 2014

That's right. Never before have I had MUP but I'd better now and it will come out to the exact same thing I would've gotten under the old plan. Unless they forget the MUP and I'd just like to see them try it! ...

I Think I Have It Figured Out!
Mar 21, 2015

Think I have finally figured it out. We got a call from Chase saying that someone had used our credit card and had tried to charge two items worth a couple of hundred dollars but they turned it down. I am certain they have software that figures out your buying patterns, where you go, and what you normally buy with their card as a way to cut down their losses. If that is the case and I am sure that it is, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that this company must have sof ...

How Is PTO Rate Figured?
Dec 26, 2012

I took 8 hours PTO yesterday and haven't a clue how much I made for the day.  Can anyone tell me the "formula" for figuring this?? Thanks ...

For Those On PM I Think I Figured Out The Strategy...
Jul 16, 2014

Well ever since the contest I have gotten completely new dictators and some new accounts.  All of which I can't keep up.  I have a feeling that the easier work was assigned to those in the contest.  That is the only thing I can think of.  Either that or they are trying to get rid to of me.  At this point, hope to be fired.  I don't know how much more of this I can take.   ...

Just Resigned Either I Am Paranoid Or I Have It Figured Out
Jun 14, 2010

I have worked for Medquist 7 years, started out 10 cents a line and I am Tier III ESL accounts.  Used to work for transcend before that.  We went to ASR and we were told to highlight and correct so we could "train" it.  We have been doing that for the C-Bay over in India through Spheris and Medquist who are owned by them in case you are new to this website.  Our loyalty and quality assurance has caused us to lose our jobs.  I resigned but I know a lot other well paid MT/ ...

Anybody Figured Out How To Disable AUTOSAVE?
Sep 29, 2010

I still swear that is what is bogging down my computer.  Every time my computer "freezes" for a few seconds, I see that Autosave message in the left lower corner of the screen.  Then it will catch back up and type better for a little bit.  I Googled how to turn it off or reset the Autosave to less frequently, but didn't really get a good answer.  ...

I Just Figured Out That The More Hours I Work
Apr 20, 2013

It is too difficult to just sit a straight 6-8 hours and read crapy reports all day.  I make less money and get slower. When I work less hours, I MAKE MORE MONEY!  I sit for 2 hours and I make more. ...

I May Be Leaving This Job Way Sooner Than I Figured....sm
Sep 14, 2013

Several things have happened in the last 6 to 8 weeks or so where my accounts are concerned.  First, my primary account was changed to basically a secondary and the worst of the worst accounts (which happened to be like #4 in my list/queue) was moved to the #1 slot.  It didn't take me 2 weeks to realize that I was going to have a nervous breakdown if I had to continually do this particular account ALL of the time (and I do mean ALL of the time) because pretty much no one else is w ...

I Think I Finally Figured Out The New Pay Plan.....
Jan 19, 2015

Okay - I've only been here a couple of weeks, and the pay plan is all finally starting to make sense..... now I understand.  So.... really, the way to make the most money is to not send more than 10% to QC.  It does't matter how good my quality is or my speed is, if I send more than 10% to QC,  I only make 7 cents a line......   so I'm better off with slighly less quality as long as I don't send more to QC.  It doesn't make much sense, but I am g ...

Has Anyone Figured Out System Hours?
May 26, 2015

I have asked for clarification of this but have never received a response from any TSM.  How is it figured?  Time typing?  Time spent pushing the foot pedal?  My system hours are usually quite a bit lower than actual hours.  Although no one has ever said anything to me about it, I fear that might not always be the case.   ...

How Are Weekly FIESA Scores Figured? Sm
Sep 30, 2013

I thought they were calculated weekly but my FIESA score for the period of 9/21-9/28 should have given me a bonus if that is true and it was the same as it was the week before, which was under 99. ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

Can Someone Suggest A Company That Hires IC? I Can't Work For A Company That Offers Insurance.
Feb 17, 2014

Xx ...

I Want To Find A Different Company, But My Fear Is That MQ Will Only Swallow That Company
Jul 15, 2011

up and I'd be back at square one, making no more than their "maximums."  I wonder, are this new maximum pay going to stay the same (or lower)?  I mean, in 5 or 10 years (if we are still here) will it be the same?  Or less?  I think so. ...

On Company Board, Under Post You Quit A Company
Sep 11, 2011

what's going on? ...

What Would Be An Ideal Company? I Would Like To Build That Company.
Mar 31, 2010

We are a pretty big company, and we think we know what transcriptionists want, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  There are a lot of top people in our industry that are finding themselves without jobs, often without notice, both managers and transcriptionists.  I think that the tide is turning, and that we need to make sure that we treat our people right, so if you could take a few minutes and answer this, maybe we can make a difference.  I am asking for real answers, ones that ar ...

I Wanted To Add A Company To The Bad Company List And
Apr 21, 2012

one to stay away from.  Integrity.  They test you, claim they are checking your references and then when you email asking if they got hold of the references, crickets.  Not a word from them.  This has been a few weeks, too.  If they are this rude just during the recruiting process, I hate to think what working for them would be like. ...

MDOfficeManager (company) - Anyone Have Information On This Company?
Aug 31, 2014

Has anyone heard of a company called MDOfficeManager?  I was interested but I do not like the way they require SSN and other personal information up front before allowing the applicant to proceed with other parts of the application, including online tests.  I have heard there are fake websites for job applications.  Thanks. ...

Nuance... Bad Company Or Worst Company Ever.
May 15, 2015

Some days are more aggravating than others with this company.   ...

How Do I Look Up A Company On The Company Board?
Nov 09, 2009

I'm trying to do research on some companies before applying.  Can anyone tell me how to do this or if it is possible to do this yet on MTStars?  Also if you know of other web sites that are good for this type of research, that would be helpful as well. ...

Looking For A VR Company
Nov 02, 2009

I have never done straight typing, my first MT job was with VR (even though I didn't even know they had stuff like that, LOL) now I love it and I am looking for some VR companies that are good to work for. If anyone could point me in the direction of some companies.  Thanks so much ahead of time ...

Looking For A Company With No ASR And All USA
Nov 18, 2009

I have over 30 years in this field and it seems that a lot of companies are either cutting the MT's pay to edit on ASR and/or are offshoring work out to India, Pakistan, Philippines, etc.  I don't believe in sending our jobs overseas, and I've also given ASR at whirl (a long whirl lol) and I still couldn't increase my lines per hour to compensate for the cut in pay that I had to take by doing ASR.  So what I'm looking for is a company that does not do ASR, do ...

MT #1 Company
Feb 04, 2010

Im wondering, MQ is supposed to be the #1 MT company, biggest, Spheris is supposed to be #2, the other company I also work for is #4...what company is the #3?  Does anyone know? ...

MD-IT - Anything About This Company?
Mar 16, 2010

Has anyone ever heard anything about this company?  I have tried a search, but have come up with nothing.  I have job posting automatically sent to my email for at home transcriptionists and they always seem to be hiring.  Anything all will be helpful. ...

Any Company Use IME
Apr 09, 2010

Does anyone know of any companies hiring that use IME's?  ...

What Do You Look For In A Company?
May 14, 2010

I will begin my job search in a few short months after graduating from M-Tec. Reading the company board has been an experience with all the negativity, but everyone has different experiences with a company and entitled to their opinion. My question is what do people look for in a company in the current market? How do you know if a company is a good fit for you? What would you consider a "red-flag" that would make you turn away from a company? No this isn't a school assignment or anything ...

Can The Company Do This?
Oct 19, 2010

The company I work for hired me as full time 1000 lines with benefits.  3 months later they changed their policies to 1200 lines anything under no benefits.  Also we can not work over 40 hours.  How can they pay me by line but then tell me how many hours I can work?  I don't work hourly.  I love transcription but I've been with 2 companies in the last year and can't meet all their requirements to get benefits.  Is this normal?  I used to work fo ...

How Does Your Company ...
Oct 28, 2010

Wondering how most companies assess for employees' quality on an ongoing basis.  ? ...