A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Security Document Signing the Norm? - fatfoxamama

Posted: Jun 06, 2014

Just getting a chance to finally get hired!!! A requirement is to electronically sign documents swearing to confidentiality and another stating that "Additionally, as part of our contract with the Florida Department of Children and Families, we must ensure that each of our Independent Contractors meets the department's internal security and HIPAA confidentiality requirements. Are these normal to be signed by companies? 

Just out of curiousity, which company is this? - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Wondering if I may work for this company as well, but I didn't have to sign anything to this effect.

Yes (nm) - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Is the problem that - you

[ In Reply To ..]
are not or do not want to be HIPAA compliant? You're not going to find many MT jobs that do not require HIPAA compliance from everyone involved. If you do not want to be HIPAA compliant, then the pool of jobs available to you will be reduced to effectively zero.

Yes, it's the norm. SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Once a year, I have to do an online HIPAA seminar and afterwards take a test and pass it. This is normal in the MT business.

NOWHERE did she state she had a *problem* with compliance. sm - aunt linda

[ In Reply To ..]
She merely asked if this type of contract was normal. She's NEW to the industry. Maybe they didn't cover this in class, maybe she just missed it. Why must you accuse her having a problem, of being unwilling or incapable of performing her duties? Sheesh.

Acutally, there was - xx

[ In Reply To ..]
more than a hint of outrage at being expected to agree to confidentiality and HIPAA compliance. At best, it represented a staggering level of ignorance about the MT profession. One wonders whether she has had any training at all.

Similar Messages:

Life After Nuance, And PLEASE Remember DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, COVER YOUR A$$
Jun 20, 2014

Other than the stress from worrying about money,I can not believe how good it feels to have the giant elephant of stress off of my back. I just had an interview with the people from unemployment. Of course, I think Nuance is trying to fight me getting anything. Thank God my husband was very supportive and saw how Nuance and FIESA were eating me from the inside out! I have been filling out applications and have been on only one interview so far. PLEASE, PLEASE, Don't be foolish like m ...

Overstaffing: The New Norm?
Apr 16, 2011

Just wondering if there are ANY MTSOs out there that don't overstaff their accounts.  Read the boards here; it's fairly obvious that ALL if not MOST of them have overstaffed their accounts. And to the Keystrokes Damage Control team, don't even bother with your spin.  Keystrokes accounts are grossly overstaffed!  And even IF some of them weren't, as a few on here repeatedly proclaim, then that is an INDICTMENT of the "PRODUCTION COORDINATORS ...

When Quitting/is This The Norm?
Apr 10, 2012

I gave notice to my employer last week that I had to quit. I sent her a very nice email thanking her for the opportunity, but it just wasn't going to work out for me. I was very pleasant and upbeat, but I have yet to receive an acknowledgement. I was even able to log in with my password still. It's been 5 days now. You'd think she would have read her email by now, right? ...

Do Things Seem More Chaotic Now Or Is This The Norm? I Came
Jul 17, 2011

My account, which is a massive account, has a revolving door of MTs working on it.  There are never enough.  Seems to be causing havoc. ...

MTSO Overstaffing Is The NORM Now, Right?
Dec 08, 2011

Last year I left the moderate-sized MTSO I worked for to work for a smaller company.   My former employer had overstaffed the accounts to the point that I was borderline homeless, so I had no choice but to leave. At first, things were better at the new company.  The CPL is slightly better (9 versus 8 at the other gig), and I was making about $1200 every 2 weeks.  That isn't great but at least I can live on it, and I work less than 30 hours per week.  About a ...

Remember When Getting A CMT Differential Was The Norm?
Dec 19, 2012

Just reminscing, lol.  Five years ago I used to get a 1 cpl CMT differential and that was not uncommon or hard to find.  Through a buyout by Transcend that differential was taken away and now with another buyout Nuance not only has no differential also, but wants to pay those of us with a CMT the same rate as a new hire with no credential.  I love the ads that say "CMT or RMT preferred" but the hidden ending to that sentence is "but we don't want to pay you for it."  W ...

IC Contract Question - Is This The Norm??
Feb 17, 2013

What do you think of this? Is this a normal inclusion on a contract? Personally, I think this is a load of B.S. (P.S., they only pay 5.75 cents/per line to begin with, for straight transcription.) Any errors requiring extra processing (blanks/questions) or reprocessing (resends) created by the Subcontractor will incur a charge that will be billed to the Subcontractor by the Contractor. Charges will be made on a per-line basis of the entire (re)processed document with said line being 65 charact ...

NO WORK - INCENTIVE WEEKEND - PER NORM
Mar 05, 2011

Anyone else outta work on this glorious BONUS weekend.  I am just trying to work my normal schedule. This is ridiculous, but not surprising.  :/ ...

Is Cherrypicking Allowed At Your Company? Is This The Norm?
Aug 26, 2011

I have been with my company for many years and have liked the account I am on until the past 3 months.  Three months ago, they hired on 3 new MTs and now suddenly all the easy doctors disappear from the queue first, even if there are other reports out of TAT.  Warnings have been given by account manager, but only 2 days later, the cherrypickers are back at it.  I am now getting stuck with a majority of the harder docs that no one wants to do and have watched my pay ...

Is This The Norm For This Time Of Year - Meaning
Nov 24, 2012

long does this usually last? I am in the process to applying for other jobs to places in my area, non-MT and even got a couple resumes out for some Part Time IC positions. Wondering if I should apply for partial unemployment? Is this a yearly thing this time of the year? No work for the past two days and looking at the statistics, there is only just over 12,000 jobs out there company wide and for each job out there, there is probbly 5 MTs waiting and hoping to snag it. ...

Is It The Norm For The Company To Be Making Half Of What They Pay You?
Nov 22, 2014

Just wondering what the rule of thumb is as far as what the company gets paid per line versus what they pay the MT per line.  Is "half" the norm or considered "fair?" ...

Anyone Signing Up For This?
May 29, 2014

Love the title of the presentation! ...

Just Signing On
Oct 29, 2014

or just me?  Thank goodness for MT Stars or I would be perpetually in the dark! Thanks ...

Signing The Petition
Sep 05, 2013

I want to sign the petition to stop offshoring, and also put it on my FB page for others to see, but I'm worried my company is monitoring this and will find a reason to fire me. Are others worried about this? ...

Security
Oct 22, 2012

I am looking into transcribing for a doctor from 1000 miles away.  I currently work in his office but will be moving.  He is concerned about the security of his files during transfer and also when they get on my computer...("How can I be sure my files are secure once they are on your computer?").  Does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions for this situation? Thanks everyone. ...

Example Of MT Job Security With SR
Dec 05, 2012

Dictated: "His story starts in Ohio." SR: "His story starts in high heels." ...

Signing Petition Against Offshoring
Oct 16, 2010

Google American Transcription Association and go to their website and they have a petition that you can sign that is against offshoring ...

Another Petition, This Is Worth Signing!!!
Nov 28, 2013

Just in case the link doesn't work here it is... http://www.change.org/petitions/joint-commission-petition-the-joint-commission-to-develop-medical-transcription-and-documentation-standards This petition is very well written and will go straight to the Joint Commission.  Thanks! ...

LOL. Doubt Anyone Will Be Signing Up With Trans. Doctors
Mar 15, 2010

now that we all know they don't pay until they get paid.  Someone there must not have read the company board before they made their job posting for today. I might need a job, but I don't work for free for anyone.  Desperate times?  You bet.  Even worse is to be so desperate as to work for a company that has not paid even after 6 weeks have gone by with no guarantees that you will be paid in another 6 weeks. ******* DISCLAIMER ***************** Postings of thi ...

Co-workers Signing Off Shift Early
May 16, 2011

Do any of you have this problem? There are several us on one particularly account. They will either sign off 5-6 hours into their 8 hr shift (saying they've met their minimum quota)or sometimes on weekends just leave work not done til the next day. I have the last shift and have to stay until all docs are finished no matter how late. Therefore, I get "mop up" duty every day. Any helpful suggestions? Oh, by the way, they "cherry pick" the short reports and I get left with the extremely long ...

Proof Docs Don't Review Before Signing
Sep 26, 2011

Just typed a letter to a peer review committee regarding a discrepancy in an operative report and a discharge summary.  The doctor gave the explanation that it was simply a typographical error either from his mumbling or unclear dictation, and that the dx listed in the discharge summary did not make sense and he would not dictate that. Yes, he actually admitted it could have been from his mumbling.  But, why didn't he catch that incorrect diagnosis when he signed the discharge sum ...

Anyone Else Get A Virus Warning When Signing Into Teamwork
Aug 28, 2012

I got two Trojan Horse warnings when I signed in..the virus was blocked and it let me sign in...Anyone else?  very weird ...

Has Anyone Else Noticed Any Problems When Signing Into Fluency. It Seems
Oct 30, 2014

for the last two days it has been very slow at times loading and this morning it logged in very slowly.  Not sure what is going on. ...

Anyone Who Uses Your PC For MT Work, Do You Have A Security Program On It?
Jan 01, 2011

What I mean is,  if your company has any type of keystroke or time monitoring software on there. If you use your own computer for personal use and have banking records or other misc on there,  do you have a program that locks out the company software, only allowing them to monitor their own stuff and not yours?     Is there even such a program?    I need one.    Thanks. ...

Social Security Taxes
Jan 11, 2011

This is my first year to work solely as an IC.  I have been sending quarterly taxes in to the IRS using the form 1040 payment vouchers they supplied.  It has just occurred to me that I don't know if any of the money I am sending in is going to Social Security tax.  I am not sure how it is allocated.  I send in 25-30% of my earnings.  Can anyone with more knowledge about this help me understand?  Thanks so much!  ...

Is Security The Real Concern?
Feb 17, 2011

How of HIPAA compliance yields profitable partnerships? I guess a lot of emphases given to HIPAA compliance is truly justified, especially in the case of outsourcing. The thrust on confidentiality and security of patient records grows manifold when it's done across 7 seas. ...

A Matter Of National Security?
Sep 28, 2012

With the nature of world affairs and US relations such as they are, I can't help but think how wrong it is for companies in general, but specifically MTSOs, to be sending highly sensitive information overseas the way they do. It scares me to think about my social security number, date of birth, address, etc. being handled by someone who doesn't necessarily feel the sense that they must protect that information. Maybe instead of complaining about how much work is being offshored, we s ...

Anyone Who Has Applied For Social Security Or UE. Sm
Dec 27, 2012

Did you list Nuance as your employer or AlphaStaff or ADP? Confusing for me. Waiting for HR to reply, but I need to know soon.  It's like pulling teeth to get information from this company.  ...

Early Social Security
Jun 29, 2013

How do you go about getting early SS??  How early can you get it.  I am in my 50's so is that too early?  I remember my mom did that but she was older and she still worked 3 days a week and as long as she kept under a certain amount she was allowed to do both. ...

Doc Manually Signing A Letter Or Chart Note
Jul 14, 2010

I work for 9 specialty docs so I type a lot of letters.   Two of the docs have me stamp their outgoing letters with their name.  One doc has a manual signature line.  Our physician insurance company representative was recently here doing an audit and said that is not legal and that the docs must sign each and every letter or at least initial them.  Can you tell me if she is correct?  Is there somewhere where I can actually get some documentation as to the ...