A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is This The Norm For This Time Of Year - Meaning - NO WORK?? If so, how

Posted: Nov 24, 2012

long does this usually last? I am in the process to applying for other jobs to places in my area, non-MT and even got a couple resumes out for some Part Time IC positions. Wondering if I should apply for partial unemployment? Is this a yearly thing this time of the year? No work for the past two days and looking at the statistics, there is only just over 12,000 jobs out there company wide and for each job out there, there is probbly 5 MTs waiting and hoping to snag it.

let me also add...I know more work has been off-shored and - was wondering if this is

[ In Reply To ..]
the reason we are having this problem. When they fired a bunch of CCMs back in October and merged accounts/teams, a lot of work went overseas then.

Also, our tech department has gone global. None of this is looking good. I haven't had to consider unemployment in over 20 years.

No, this is not typical of a slow time. - Between Xmas and mid January is

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, you typically run out of work on a holiday, however, it always pick back up. I have been running out for 3 weeks. I plan to file for partial unemployment and I hope everyone else does as well. They did shift more work overseas, and they did hire newbies, and they are overstaffed and I know that they dont care.

Similar Messages:

First Time I Have Been Out Of Work In A Year
Dec 05, 2012

But it has been slim pickings for a while..Guess the overseas is hitting us, or the new hires, there have to be a lot cause I see a TON of mistakes when I go in Docqmanage. Oh well, you get what you pay for. ...

I Just Got Laid Off For The Third Time This Year
Dec 16, 2013

I was laid off from my in-house MT job earlier this year due to the hospital outsourcing, went to work at a MTSO and was laid off 3 months later due to them being bought out by a bigger company, then went to work as an IC for a smaller company only to be laid off today due to them losing their largest account.  I am not going to let this defeat me, but I'm starting to feel like something is wrong with me as an MT!  Well, maybe this is a blessing in disguise.  Maybe now I shou ...

Best Time Of Year For Coding School?
Apr 30, 2014

Hello.  I was wondering if there is a best time of year to start coding school so I wouldn't have to buy many more books or new books when having to take an exam.  I know a lot of factors would go into this, such as how long it would take me to do the course, but was wondering anyway.  I plan to go through Andrews.  Thanks so much for your input! ...

America's Pride - No Work, Is This Normal For This Time Of Year?
Jan 27, 2011

I've worked at America's Pride since last spring so I never went through a holiday season with them before.  Work started drying up around Thanksgiving, and over the last few weeks, has been almost nonexistent.  I am currently making less than $10/day, sitting here for hours, watching as not a single job on my accounts come in.  Lately, no jobs for ANY account come in. Is this usual for this time of the year?  Should I be worried about that recent email we got with ...

Meaning Of P3 ROM
Nov 02, 2009

Preterm intrauterine pregnancy, with (P3 ROM), chorioamnionitis and placenta previa.  If you have to type all this out, I know rom is rupture of membranes but what is the P3? ...

Meaning Of NM And SM
May 09, 2012

I have seen some posts lately that lead me to believe that some people don't know that sm means "some more" (to their post) and nm means "no more" (to their post).  There may be the occasional person who has those initials, but for the most part, that's what they mean. It leads to confusion when trying to follow a thread, like everyone using anon. or anonymous. ...

Not Meaning To Whine But......
Jun 28, 2011

I know there are many people now in the same boat but it does feel good to get things off the chest now and then. Been with this company for over 15 years, now on the verge of losing my home and everything else.  Live in a very small town where we used to have a couple of factories that have now closed so no work - heck our little Salvation Army store just closed! Near retirement age if it isn't changed to 90 in the near future but in the meantime have no choice but to keep strugg ...

LCS Meaning? Nursing Home Note
Oct 26, 2009

LCS - meaning for nursing home note.  Also, nectar liquid assist?  Am I hearing this correctly?  ...

Why Are We Told This Is Slow Time Of Year? MTSO Told Me This
Dec 09, 2010

make up all late reports, etc for the end of the year.  At my MTSO it is anything but slow, Getting lots of reports from Sept and Oct. ...

Overstaffing: The New Norm?
Apr 16, 2011

Just wondering if there are ANY MTSOs out there that don't overstaff their accounts.  Read the boards here; it's fairly obvious that ALL if not MOST of them have overstaffed their accounts. And to the Keystrokes Damage Control team, don't even bother with your spin.  Keystrokes accounts are grossly overstaffed!  And even IF some of them weren't, as a few on here repeatedly proclaim, then that is an INDICTMENT of the "PRODUCTION COORDINATORS ...

When Quitting/is This The Norm?
Apr 10, 2012

I gave notice to my employer last week that I had to quit. I sent her a very nice email thanking her for the opportunity, but it just wasn't going to work out for me. I was very pleasant and upbeat, but I have yet to receive an acknowledgement. I was even able to log in with my password still. It's been 5 days now. You'd think she would have read her email by now, right? ...

Do Things Seem More Chaotic Now Or Is This The Norm? I Came
Jul 17, 2011

My account, which is a massive account, has a revolving door of MTs working on it.  There are never enough.  Seems to be causing havoc. ...

MTSO Overstaffing Is The NORM Now, Right?
Dec 08, 2011

Last year I left the moderate-sized MTSO I worked for to work for a smaller company.   My former employer had overstaffed the accounts to the point that I was borderline homeless, so I had no choice but to leave. At first, things were better at the new company.  The CPL is slightly better (9 versus 8 at the other gig), and I was making about $1200 every 2 weeks.  That isn't great but at least I can live on it, and I work less than 30 hours per week.  About a ...

Remember When Getting A CMT Differential Was The Norm?
Dec 19, 2012

Just reminscing, lol.  Five years ago I used to get a 1 cpl CMT differential and that was not uncommon or hard to find.  Through a buyout by Transcend that differential was taken away and now with another buyout Nuance not only has no differential also, but wants to pay those of us with a CMT the same rate as a new hire with no credential.  I love the ads that say "CMT or RMT preferred" but the hidden ending to that sentence is "but we don't want to pay you for it."  W ...

IC Contract Question - Is This The Norm??
Feb 17, 2013

What do you think of this? Is this a normal inclusion on a contract? Personally, I think this is a load of B.S. (P.S., they only pay 5.75 cents/per line to begin with, for straight transcription.) Any errors requiring extra processing (blanks/questions) or reprocessing (resends) created by the Subcontractor will incur a charge that will be billed to the Subcontractor by the Contractor. Charges will be made on a per-line basis of the entire (re)processed document with said line being 65 charact ...

NO WORK - INCENTIVE WEEKEND - PER NORM
Mar 05, 2011

Anyone else outta work on this glorious BONUS weekend.  I am just trying to work my normal schedule. This is ridiculous, but not surprising.  :/ ...

Is Cherrypicking Allowed At Your Company? Is This The Norm?
Aug 26, 2011

I have been with my company for many years and have liked the account I am on until the past 3 months.  Three months ago, they hired on 3 new MTs and now suddenly all the easy doctors disappear from the queue first, even if there are other reports out of TAT.  Warnings have been given by account manager, but only 2 days later, the cherrypickers are back at it.  I am now getting stuck with a majority of the harder docs that no one wants to do and have watched my pay ...

Security Document Signing The Norm?
Jun 06, 2014

Just getting a chance to finally get hired!!! A requirement is to electronically sign documents swearing to confidentiality and another stating that "Additionally, as part of our contract with the Florida Department of Children and Families, we must ensure that each of our Independent Contractors meets the department's internal security and HIPAA confidentiality requirements. Are these normal to be signed by companies?  ...

Is It The Norm For The Company To Be Making Half Of What They Pay You?
Nov 22, 2014

Just wondering what the rule of thumb is as far as what the company gets paid per line versus what they pay the MT per line.  Is "half" the norm or considered "fair?" ...

How Would You Type: For The Past Year-year And A Half?
Sep 09, 2011

.. ...

Pt Has A "several Year" History Of A Slowly-growing Mass. Hyphen Several Year?
Jan 25, 2011

? ...

Year Old Versus Year-old
Aug 28, 2014

If no noun following such as female or male should this be hyphenated, i.e. if stated "A 10 year old has stomachache".... should it be "A 10-year-old has stomachache" ..... ...

She Dictates "He Is Fair Com Plected" Meaning He Has A Fair Complexion
Feb 08, 2010

Good morning all - I'm trying for a dermatologist today.  Not my usual account.  She dictates "He is fair com plected" meaning he has a fair complexion.  What is the right way to spell complected? I googled it, came up with a lot of variations and nothing concrete.  Thanks for your time!  ...

QA Keeps Changing Pro-time To Pro-time Or Pro-time Or Pro-time....once And For All, Which Is Correct
Apr 07, 2011

x ...

Trying To Find Part-time Or Full-time Employee Position (hospital/clinic)
Apr 30, 2013

If anyone knows of a hospital, clinic, or large practice offering remote full-time or part-time employee positions, I would really appreciate an email.  I have the sudden need to help support a family member long term (in addition to myself) and really need to find a long-term remote employee position for the stability.  Yes, I watch all the various employment sites and even individual hospital sites, but I was hoping that maybe, just maybe someone who works for a hospital that does th ...

How Many Lines Is Considered Full Time And Part Time At Your MTSO?
May 06, 2010

I am wondering what the average for part time and full time status is either if it is done by line count or hours. Thanks so much! ...

FULL-TIME DOWNGRADE TO PART-TIME STATUS - Question
Dec 08, 2011

Has anyone working for an MTSO been downgraded from full-time status to part-time status based on not enough hours worked to be considered full time, yet making well above the minimum amount of earnings required for full-time status? ...

Does Precyse Hire Any Part-time Or Only Full-time?
Nov 03, 2010

nm ...

Overtime Because Of The Time Clock Time Zone Change?
Feb 06, 2011

It has been inconvenient, and maybe a bit confusing at times, to check my time card hours for my shift as, because of my time zone, part of my hours show up on the next day because I work 2nd shift. I wonder if I will get overtime for yesterday, even though I did not work overtime. I had to start work several hours early because of maintenance, so all hours were completed before the hour my hours start showing up on the next day. Fine. But the last couple hours of yesterday show up as today, ...

Anybody Else's Actual Time Worked Not Match Clocked Time?
Jun 13, 2011

Ever since they have changed Schedule Source and now it has a display called today's activity with "actuals" hours, this has not matched the hours shown with the time clock punches and is less than the hours according to the clock punch. The difference adds up to a significant amount over time. I am really suspicious about being jypped paywise. ...