A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

WooHoo! Night shift gets a raise! - A Christmas Miracle!

Posted: Dec 23, 2010

That is way better than a pay cut!!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

no they don't, read again - NJA Queen

[ In Reply To ..]
They used to pay half cent extra from 6 to 11 p.m. and 1 cent extra from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. Now they are paying 3/4 cent or 0.75 for only those 8 hours listed. If you worked a full night shift your differential just got cut by 25%. Merry Christmas!

I thought it said an "additional" 0.0075 - meaning more

[ In Reply To ..]
Man... I was jumping all over the place and now I'm crushed.

UNBELIEVABLE.

nope they replaced the existing compensation with this gem - NJA Queen

[ In Reply To ..]
So unless you work those exact 8 hours listed for your time zone you will get no shift differential. What a joke.
This is a perfect, SHINING example of all that - is wrong with this company. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe, but this is business. Your options are stay or go. Staying and - whining not on option, wont help at all. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Sorry, didn't see any whining, they just made - a statement
[ In Reply To ..]
That's what this board is for!! Get over it!
Didnt mean to imply whining now. But bet will hear a lot - of it soon. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
yeah, well SO WHAT???? you dont gotta read it - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Yup. Typical cookie-cutter "then just leave!" response. - (Obviously not one of the rank & file....)
[ In Reply To ..]
if you catch my drift.........
lol, i am x-rank and file. I left and got a better job - at different MTSO. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
So then what's it to you what goes on at MQ? - Dont you have your other things to worry about?
[ In Reply To ..]
I still have friends there in the rank and file. And the state of MT - in general matters to me. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Your posts imply that you think all MQ MTs are whining - slackers. Is that how you view your friend?
[ In Reply To ..]
FriendS. I dont view them as whiners but then I also dont - know who is posting here. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Maybe you should e-mail them privately. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
wonder if any corporate people got pay cuts too - NJA Queen
[ In Reply To ..]
Ha! They had a nice Christmas party paid for by the shift differential cut that they decided to wait until today to unveil because they knew it was so bad. If they would have given us time before dropping this bombshell then many of us could have switched our shifts/schedules and that is exactly what the Q wanted to avoid.
Don't you just love how mgmt. drops their load of ____ - on everyone just before the holiday, and - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
then go on their merry ways to their own family holiday gatherings, with presents piled high under their 10-foot, top-dollar, blue spruces with designer trimmings, under the cathedral ceilings in their expansive living rooms? Clinking their glasses together and wishing themselves a happy (and no doubt "prosperous") New Year, all the while blissfully unaware that the very people they depend upon to even HAVE a business are going without for the holidays?

My hope for the holidays is that all of them - the greedy, dishonest, sweatshop whip-crackers, someday find themselves in the same position we're in right now.
three years in a row - NJA Queen
[ In Reply To ..]
First the ASR pay cut, last year was the FTR nonsense and now the shift differential. Like I said before the MQ secretary picks out horrible gifts for the employees. I would rather have no gift at all from MQ than these nasty ones- can't exchange these or let my dog chew on it (like I did with the mousepad). Just leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth right before Christmas.
Ummm, I dont think India celebrates our holidays, certainly - not in the fashion you described. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
If they're holding the pursestrings, then I'll betcha - they most certainly DO.
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, they do celebrate them like that. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Especially in the higher 'castes' and among what we used to call the Yuppies. It's considered very avant-garde to celebrate Christmas. Face it, we don't celebrate it very religiously and Hindu has no prohibitions against a good party. It's not as big as their divali, but especially in the urban areas they put up trees, go visiting, get gifts, etc.
Boy, they're real good about giving some - notice, NOT nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
If they told you 2 months ago this would happen now, what would - you have done? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Prepared for the decrease in pay maybe??? - or maybe change
[ In Reply To ..]
my hours???? Is a little notice too much to ask. I smell management!!
No suit here, sweats. But if it doesnt work for you now, do what - you would have done 2 months ago, like sm
[ In Reply To ..]
start lookin for another job. That is your power, the way to take control of your life.
It doesn't even actually affect me, I just don't - agree with the way
[ In Reply To ..]
they do things and have a right to speak up about it. Thanks anyway!
Yes, you do. But gotta realize this is business. Not a bunch - of friends doing this so you can have a job. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I don't care what it is, that's no excuse - to treat employees
[ In Reply To ..]
like that. There are businesses that DO take their employees into consideration. Quit trying to make excuses for them, or yourself.
You sound like you agree with what they - did, or maybe you
[ In Reply To ..]
helped make this decision. Shame on you!!! I guess no matter what they did, you could say "this is business." Exactly the mentality of money hungry management!
Planned accordingly? - maybe?
[ In Reply To ..]
They did the same thing years ago when they took away the daily bonus. I just made some major financial decisions only to find out my income would be cut $400 to $500 a month.

I immediately got another FT job and eventually left MQ. But it sent me into a financial nosedive. Had to max out credit cards to buy groceries.

This isn't as drastic, but it is totally classless to give no notice.

And yes, there are companies that do have class. I know of a company that actually gave several months' notice to MTs when they lost an account... so they could plan accordingly. All the MTs could have quit for all the MTSO knew, but they did what was right on a human, caring, and ethical level.

Ethics and compassion are good things.
When ppl get laid off, they arent told in advance. Why - is this different? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Anybody so quick to jump to defense must be - management NM
[ In Reply To ..]
xxx
This seems to be standard reponse to unpopular posts. - Cant you come up with anything new?
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Probably cause it's the TRUTH!! - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
Yes, true ppl dont get advanced notice of lay offs. Not true - I am suit. Just a hard working joe who sm
[ In Reply To ..]
looks out for me and mine. Dont expect a MTSO to do that. When I have thought my lines were off, I got another job and then quit the dishonest one. I sure didnt waste time here doing "poor me." Rehashing and locking onto the bad things in life will not help you overcome them.
Again, what's it to you if we complain? - So you got another job?
[ In Reply To ..]
Bully for you! Why is it so important to you that people don't show any disagreement with the way MQ does business? Why is the only answer to get another job?
Well, it is the ultimate answer. The only answer that will change your - life for the better. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
You know nothing of my situation. I dont worry about you - Dont worry about me (nm)
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
Not "unpopular" posts, but ANTI-MT posts. - Which could only be written by mgmt.
[ In Reply To ..]
Dont understand how encouraging MT to get out of bad - situation is considered "anti-MT." nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Oh, c'mon. You're practically cheering the pay cuts. - n/m
[ In Reply To ..]
What? What posts are you reading. No cheering here but - all your foot stamping and hair flipping is SM
[ In Reply To ..]
not going to make MQ change. A work stoppage might make a difference. SO that is why I encourage MTs to get out of a situation that doesnt work for them and go after what they deserve.
But "work-stoppage" and changing jobs are 2 - completely different things.
[ In Reply To ..]
Not really. Both are MTs taking a stand, not letting the Q - rule and ruin their lives. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I knew they would do something be4 Christmas - Twist the Knife
[ In Reply To ..]
I hate this place. It's BS and just another way to cut our rapidly diminishing pay. And, yes, I am whining. And, yes, I will continue to whine. What's it to you? Seriously?
Yeah, several posted last couple of weeks, something like this - was coming. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I bet they do away with shift diff completely. - mom2huskies
[ In Reply To ..]
I bet by next year they will do away with shift diff completely and just pay our current CPL.
Sadly, I think you are right. Will mark my calendar for next year and - see. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
or pay everyone the same rate - NJA Queen
[ In Reply To ..]
Right now all new hires are at 8 cpl typing (whatever that is) and 4 cpl ASR. I wouldn't put it past the Q to enforce that next year across the board.

Similar Messages:

WooHoo, A Raise,
Mar 15, 2010

Now I can buy new and improved ramen noodles.  Guess I should have given up sarcasm for lent. ...

MModal Still Has Shift Differential For Night Shift?
Jul 01, 2013

can anyone tell me if MModal still has shift differential for night shift? I know they used to ...

How To Transition From Day Shift To Night Shift
Dec 08, 2013

I've been offered an in-house MT position that I am not passing up. It is night shift 10 pm to 6 am. I've never worked a night shift ever. How should I transition into working nights? Anyone have any tips for working this shift? ...

Night Shift
Jul 03, 2013

I have a question for anyone working night shift. if you work from 11 pm on Tues to 7 am Wed, does that time count for tues or wed. Thanks. ...

Night Shift Differential??
Jul 22, 2012

Does Nuance pay night shift differential?  Finding any info about pay and benefits for Nuance is next to impossible?  If they do pay differential, does anyone know what it is? Thank you.  ...

Night Shift Differential
May 01, 2014

Is the differential for late work shown as a separate line item on the paystubs?  I'm not sure if I'm getting paid for it.  Just seeking info.  Troll away if you like. ...

Did MQ Drop The Night Shift Differential?
Apr 12, 2010

I start work at 0500 and always have had at least 1 hour of night shift differential for each day I worked.  It amounts to pretty much next to nothing money wise, but I would still like to know without having to wait on an answer from CCM.  tia ...

Can Someone Tell Me What Time Does Night Shift Start
May 16, 2014

East coast/West coast. Like everything else, it is almost impossible to find out!! Thanks so much!!   ...

I Have An Ah-ha Moment. All Night Shift Workers Should Send An
Dec 23, 2010

x ...

It's True. Night Shift Gets The Bottom Of The Barrel.
Sep 10, 2013

Just signed into my account to get some extra in because of OOW for the past month, at least.  Surprise, surprise. What I have been reading is true!  The worst of the worst dictators are on and only them.  Gosh, it seems like there is some cherry picking going on, perhaps from overseas?  Unbelievable.  Hardly worth the frustration. Not one good one out of the bunch.  Boy, don't we work for some POS people?  ...

Dear Fellow MTs Who Were Hired To Help Out A Sister On The Night Shift...
Jul 20, 2011

I don't mean to sound like a dink, but I'm wicked exhausted from working my fingers to the bone, 7 nights a week for several weeks now, because people who were hired to work the graveyard shift are flaking out and not showing up or pulling their weight.  No, I don't HAVE to work 7 nights a week, and yet I'm doing it because I'm terrified the wonderful little company that I've worked for, for nearly 11 years now, will lose this really big acc ...

MIND LOCK - Last Night I "Just Turned It Off"/Abandoned My Shift: What Now?
Apr 06, 2010

Posted: Apr 6th, 2010 - 10:35 am I signed on for my normal shift at Midnight and got immediately hit with an unknown hospital,  uknown dictator from outside my CCM's 'book of work.'  I couldn't understand the dictator who was a ESL, thick accent interspersed with serial "mumbles with thick accent."  Looked for an old report, put in all the correct information, even tried adjusting it several times -- came up with no old reports.  At this point, mental in ...

Pt Was Given Enema To Use The Night Before And *SIH-VA-CLEANSE* To Wash With The Night Before????
Feb 12, 2011

Sippacleanse? Sivacleanse? Supercleanse? I have searched and searched...thanks in advance!!! Not usually on OB/GYN... ...

WooHoo...NJA Upon Log In
Oct 05, 2010

I hope that one of the 20 applications I've put in in the past 2 days pans out!   (None of them are for MT at all!) ...

WooHoo I Am FINALLY Out Of Here!!
Jul 19, 2012

Well it took me 2 months to get a job with the 1 company that I applied for and I am finally out of M*Modal and could not be any :) about it. Good luck to all of you that are staying, I hope that things will get better for you guys, I really do. ...

No More Stress-woohoo
Jul 10, 2013

I quit my job due to health issues and my stress level has gone way down.  I worked for 8 years here and it was okay.  There were tough times, but it was mostly okay because my TSM/CCM left me alone but were accessible if needed.  They answered my emails and phone calls (even though there were about 5 or so different ones through the years).  It was just aggravating when good accounts would go to ASR.  But, I don't have to worry anymore.  Hope things get better ...

Woohoo - Last Week As An MT
Mar 02, 2015

Gave my notice last week. Just logged on this morning and am so excited to think this is my last Monday as an MT! Went shopping for clothes and shoes yesterday - sooooo ready to get back into the "real" world, working for a company that respects me & appreciates my skills, a place with a future, a company that observes paid holidays and is closed on weekends, a job with raises and bonuses -- I cannot wait! Thanks for letting me celebrate a little this morning :) ...

Books At A Discount! Woohoo!
Mar 19, 2010

Gotta love the daily tips for reducing your QA submission.  We can order books at a discount and have it payroll deducted.  Cool! Let's see, I think I can do without electricity for a while.  There was a time when this "perk" was fine, when we made more money.   If they start offering food stamps, then they will have my attention. ...

Woohoo! I Have 420 Lines For This 2 Week Pay.
Dec 21, 2012

Probably will be a 10.00 paycheck.   MERRY CHRISTMAS! ...

Woohoo Failed My Second Audit
Sep 05, 2014

Now I get to retire!!!  yaaaaa ...

WooHoo! Got A 1802s Straight Typing Report.
Sep 15, 2010

when the idiot PA failed to properly hang up the phone after 298s. Just another day in MQ land. I need a vacation....Too bad I don't have any PTO left! ...

How Much Raise?
Mar 15, 2010

Since I haven't gotten a letter yet, I presume I don't qualify.  I'm just curious, though, how big  a raise am I missing out on? ...

When Is It Appropriate To Ask For A Raise?
Nov 27, 2010

I am a newbie who has had a job for 3 months now. I really like the company I am working for, and I love the account I am on. Problem is, there is not very much work, the work I do get is not consistent, and I am not getting paid very much either. I have requested more work in the past and was told I would get some then didn't, then given another account for a few days and haven't had it since. I think I was just getting overflow that day. I am grateful that I have  ...

Regarding Asking For A Raise...
Jan 02, 2012

So I've been working for a fantastic transciption company for over a year now.  My turnaround times are always excellent (they acknowledge this to us in weekly emails), and I haven't had any complaints about my work.  I'm a certified MT with four years experience, and I'm thinking about asking for a raise.  They hired me at $0.08 per line.  What should I ask for?  And is it okay to ask after 15 months?  I know all they can say is no, but I'v ...

We Can't Get A Raise
Mar 24, 2012

We WELCOME another new SUIT! This is the Senior Vice President of Something, reporting to the Senior Senior Vice President of Something, not to be confused with the Ultra Senior Vice President or the Super Duper Vice President reporting to the Diamond or Platinum Senior Vice President. CUT THE CORPORATE BLOAT AND PAY US MORE!!! ...

How Do You Go About Asking For A Pay Raise
Jun 27, 2012

How do you go about asking for a raise and who do you ask?  thanks ...

How Much Raise To Ask For?
Dec 02, 2012

After being with my company for a year, I would like to ask for a raise (haha). How much would you ask for and hopefully receive? 1/4 cent? 1/2 cent? A full cent? I think I do excellent work. I monitor the accounts even on the weekends and jump on when it's getting close to being out of turnaround, unasked. My supervisor does not have to worry about these accounts as I have proven time and again that I am "on it". Taking some stress away from her deems to be a legitimate reason ...

Some Of Us Are Getting A Raise With Changes
Dec 12, 2012

I work on a platform that pays only 8/4 and it's acute care.  I also work night shift.  I'll now get acute care pay and shift differential so I'm happy with the changes.  Not everyone is unhappy here! ...

I Got A Raise
Feb 03, 2013

from my new job.  I quit medquist/mmodal a year ago ...

Anyone Ever Get A Raise?
Jun 16, 2014

The last time I had an increase in pay was over 8 years ago.  I am an IC.  I have asked several times and was told no.  I haven't asked again in years.  It's frustrating and depressing.  Am I alone? ...