A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I have an ah-ha moment. All night shift workers should send an - e-christmas card to management and thank them for

Posted: Dec 23, 2010

x

oops, and thank them for the gift. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

WHY? what could we possibly gain by this? - so be it

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess we could be out of a job right now, or working for one of the other companies that gets complained about.

I am so used to the pay cuts that I guess it just doesn't matter anymore. Will continue to learn to live on less and will refuse to let this company break my spirit any further.

I hope everyone can adjust and find a way to be happy still.

NOT doing something is worse. How things got like this - to begin with. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Good idea! They all need lumps of coal in their - Chrismas stockings! - n/msg

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I plan on switching my hours - NJA Queen

[ In Reply To ..]
While I would love to sit and have a pity party this was exactly the kick in the butt I need to switch my hours. I will make sure and let my CCM know exactly why I am switching them. I got guilted into switching to evening hours and I accepted it because of the shift differential but now that that is gone there is no reason for me to stay on those hours. Simple as that.

good luck with that - ain't that easy to switch back once you've agreed to go eves/nights - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

wont get anywhere if I don't try - NJA Queen

[ In Reply To ..]
Besides the MQ management shuffle will be upon us soon and with each new CCM there is another opportunity to get a better schedule. Sorry, but I just cannot sit back and let them do this again this year.
You go, girl. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

MModal Still Has Shift Differential For Night Shift?
Jul 01, 2013

can anyone tell me if MModal still has shift differential for night shift? I know they used to ...

How To Transition From Day Shift To Night Shift
Dec 08, 2013

I've been offered an in-house MT position that I am not passing up. It is night shift 10 pm to 6 am. I've never worked a night shift ever. How should I transition into working nights? Anyone have any tips for working this shift? ...

They Want Third Shift Workers, But....
Dec 12, 2011

So sorry for the rant, but I am so tired of companies wanting us all to cover third shift, but don't want to pay anything extra when we do and if they do it's something like a quarter of a penny, what in the world is that?   I know I shouldn't complain, but this shift is HARD to work, especially when you have little ones.  Just a little frustrated tonight, and I know there are people who have it worse than I do, but I don't have anywhere else to vent.  Thanks ...

Co-workers Signing Off Shift Early
May 16, 2011

Do any of you have this problem? There are several us on one particularly account. They will either sign off 5-6 hours into their 8 hr shift (saying they've met their minimum quota)or sometimes on weekends just leave work not done til the next day. I have the last shift and have to stay until all docs are finished no matter how late. Therefore, I get "mop up" duty every day. Any helpful suggestions? Oh, by the way, they "cherry pick" the short reports and I get left with the extremely long ...

Late Shift Workers- North
Sep 01, 2011

I'm thinking of switching to 11 pm-7am CST shift from day shift.  What is the work like at that time of night, is there work or are you consistently running out of work as well.  I don't want to change my whole lifestyle just to be in the same boat I'm in now. ...

Night Shift
Jul 03, 2013

I have a question for anyone working night shift. if you work from 11 pm on Tues to 7 am Wed, does that time count for tues or wed. Thanks. ...

Night Shift Differential??
Jul 22, 2012

Does Nuance pay night shift differential?  Finding any info about pay and benefits for Nuance is next to impossible?  If they do pay differential, does anyone know what it is? Thank you.  ...

Night Shift Differential
May 01, 2014

Is the differential for late work shown as a separate line item on the paystubs?  I'm not sure if I'm getting paid for it.  Just seeking info.  Troll away if you like. ...

Did MQ Drop The Night Shift Differential?
Apr 12, 2010

I start work at 0500 and always have had at least 1 hour of night shift differential for each day I worked.  It amounts to pretty much next to nothing money wise, but I would still like to know without having to wait on an answer from CCM.  tia ...

WooHoo! Night Shift Gets A Raise!
Dec 23, 2010

That is way better than a pay cut!!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS! ...

Can Someone Tell Me What Time Does Night Shift Start
May 16, 2014

East coast/West coast. Like everything else, it is almost impossible to find out!! Thanks so much!!   ...

It's True. Night Shift Gets The Bottom Of The Barrel.
Sep 10, 2013

Just signed into my account to get some extra in because of OOW for the past month, at least.  Surprise, surprise. What I have been reading is true!  The worst of the worst dictators are on and only them.  Gosh, it seems like there is some cherry picking going on, perhaps from overseas?  Unbelievable.  Hardly worth the frustration. Not one good one out of the bunch.  Boy, don't we work for some POS people?  ...

Dear Fellow MTs Who Were Hired To Help Out A Sister On The Night Shift...
Jul 20, 2011

I don't mean to sound like a dink, but I'm wicked exhausted from working my fingers to the bone, 7 nights a week for several weeks now, because people who were hired to work the graveyard shift are flaking out and not showing up or pulling their weight.  No, I don't HAVE to work 7 nights a week, and yet I'm doing it because I'm terrified the wonderful little company that I've worked for, for nearly 11 years now, will lose this really big acc ...

MIND LOCK - Last Night I "Just Turned It Off"/Abandoned My Shift: What Now?
Apr 06, 2010

Posted: Apr 6th, 2010 - 10:35 am I signed on for my normal shift at Midnight and got immediately hit with an unknown hospital,  uknown dictator from outside my CCM's 'book of work.'  I couldn't understand the dictator who was a ESL, thick accent interspersed with serial "mumbles with thick accent."  Looked for an old report, put in all the correct information, even tried adjusting it several times -- came up with no old reports.  At this point, mental in ...

Pt Was Given Enema To Use The Night Before And *SIH-VA-CLEANSE* To Wash With The Night Before????
Feb 12, 2011

Sippacleanse? Sivacleanse? Supercleanse? I have searched and searched...thanks in advance!!! Not usually on OB/GYN... ...

How Do You Send The Question? Typed It, But What Do I Check To Send It?
Apr 17, 2013

nm ...

AHA Moment
Apr 19, 2010

Well it's amazing when you have an AHA moment, but this one not so much.  I have hated this job for many, many months now and continue to dred working every day which hey is 6 out of 7 days a week...woohoo!!! I have just recently started seeing a therapist for issues with myself, mostly I think low self esteem that I thought was dating way way back in the day and I wanted to get better so my kids wouldn't learn certain behaviors from me.  All of a sudden this morning, I am cr ...

Having A DUH Moment, Please Help, Please (sm)
Jan 13, 2011

Physician dictates ... "Well-nourished, well-developed, S/L afferable male." I KNOW this word but my mind has gone blank. Thank you in advance!!! ...

Another What Would You Do Moment
Dec 18, 2013

Have a doctor that doesn't like to dictate the . (point) in his cardiac sizes like 2.5 stent, he dictates 25. All his measurements are like that, I am a fan of you get what you give any thoughts? ...

Blank Moment
Oct 19, 2009

in this sentence is english capitalized? I am totally blank at the moment.   The patient is an 81-year-old white female who does not speak english. tia. ...

I'm Having A Senior Moment.
Mar 10, 2010

How do I get rid of the demographics at the top of my screen in DQS?  I know there is a way you can make that whole area disappear so you can see more of your typing screen....I just can't remember how!   Thanks! ...

Am I Just Having A DUH Moment? S/l Mackle
Jan 12, 2012

I can't imagine that after 10 years of transcription I haven't heard whatever this is when he says it so nonchalantly as if I should know it, but I have no idea what he's talking about and so am wondering if this is something simple and I'm just sitting here like DUUUUUH... for no reason. This is on a patient who is being discharged after back surgery, laminectomy, diskectomy, decompression, arthrodesis, etc., and doc says: "...was transferred to the Neuro Critical Care Uni ...

Doctor Having Duh Moment
Jan 14, 2015

Dictated "the patient is 3  years old and is an identical twin; her twin  is 3 years old."  Duh, you think?  You can't make up this stuff.  All that medical schooling sure helped. ...

I Need A Moment To Vent...
Jan 21, 2015

I usually cannot complain too much about the ASR on my accounts.  I am one of the very few lucky ones....I know.  However, this is certainly not the case today!  OMG...I think I'm going to have a coronary.  The ASR is making up stuff kind of like autocorrect on your smartphone.  We are not allowed to guess on painfully obvious things...why in the *&%^%% does this ASR think it should fill in gaps.  Yes, some physician somewhere might have completed the sente ...

An Awww Moment
Feb 11, 2015

I was feeling really crappy about a report that took me forever to get through because the dictator was so terrible, not to mention I was already feeling down because I am already on 100% QA for failing a recent audit, so I knew they were really gonna tear me apart.  I was almost too afraid to look at it after QA, but it turned out not to be so bad, and they even commented on how bad it was and that I did a good job with what I had to work with.  It's the little victories nowadays ...

Join Me For A Moment Of Happiness
Mar 05, 2013

Close your eyes and imagine what would happen if all American MTs went on strike and refused to do VR anymore, and the hospitals got the reports in their unedited glory. I'd say there'd be a panic in the hospital like this country hasn't seen since the stock market crashed in 1929.  ...

A Smiley Face Moment
Nov 20, 2014

Typed a friendly, clear, efficient doctor on an account I have never heard of before and will probably never have again, but he was dictating on a "pleasantly demented woman" and exam was "a little difficult" due to the fact that she "sang throughout the entire exam." It just made me smile to think of the elderly lady sitting there singing while he was trying to listen to her heart and lungs. I'll take whatever smiles I can get these days...   ...

A Light Moment...I Was Called To Work OT..
Jul 14, 2013

today.  She left a phone number with me to contact PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, if you can work.  They are in a bind.  Well now, I said I could work a little while but I haven't been an employee for quite a while.   YEAH, They still prove how organization should work, yeah?!!!!!!!!!!!!lololololol ...

A Toast: Let Us Have A Moment Of Peace And Tranquility
Mar 13, 2014

on this board.   I am buying the first round. ...

Remedy Login - Help For A Senior Moment
Aug 04, 2014

Can someone please help me remember how to get into Remedy?  I have a severe case of the Monday mornings right now, and I have misplaced my cheat sheet with my 1000 ways to get into my work computer.   Thanks in advance!   ...