A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Can someone tell me what time does night shift start - another Anon

Posted: May 16, 2014

East coast/West coast.

Like everything else, it is almost impossible to find out!!

Thanks so much!!

2nd shift - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I work 2nd shift 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. EST

I should have been more clear.. - Another Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Could you tell me what time the night shift differential starts?

I was told 8:00 p.m. by my TL, but it didn't sound quite right.

Sorry I'm just a bit tired... lol

I believe it is 8 p.m. EST - Tiredanon

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm on the West coast, so my night differential starts at 5 p.m. Depends on what time zone you're in, what time it starts.
That sounds about right - Another Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm West Coast too.

Thanks so much!!

Similar Messages:

Anyone Know Start Time For 2nd Shift At Transtech? PT Or FT? Nm
Jan 30, 2012

Nm ...

MModal Still Has Shift Differential For Night Shift?
Jul 01, 2013

can anyone tell me if MModal still has shift differential for night shift? I know they used to ...

How To Transition From Day Shift To Night Shift
Dec 08, 2013

I've been offered an in-house MT position that I am not passing up. It is night shift 10 pm to 6 am. I've never worked a night shift ever. How should I transition into working nights? Anyone have any tips for working this shift? ...

Night Shift
Jul 03, 2013

I have a question for anyone working night shift. if you work from 11 pm on Tues to 7 am Wed, does that time count for tues or wed. Thanks. ...

Night Shift Differential??
Jul 22, 2012

Does Nuance pay night shift differential?  Finding any info about pay and benefits for Nuance is next to impossible?  If they do pay differential, does anyone know what it is? Thank you.  ...

Night Shift Differential
May 01, 2014

Is the differential for late work shown as a separate line item on the paystubs?  I'm not sure if I'm getting paid for it.  Just seeking info.  Troll away if you like. ...

Did MQ Drop The Night Shift Differential?
Apr 12, 2010

I start work at 0500 and always have had at least 1 hour of night shift differential for each day I worked.  It amounts to pretty much next to nothing money wise, but I would still like to know without having to wait on an answer from CCM.  tia ...

WooHoo! Night Shift Gets A Raise!
Dec 23, 2010

That is way better than a pay cut!!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS! ...

I Have An Ah-ha Moment. All Night Shift Workers Should Send An
Dec 23, 2010

x ...

It's True. Night Shift Gets The Bottom Of The Barrel.
Sep 10, 2013

Just signed into my account to get some extra in because of OOW for the past month, at least.  Surprise, surprise. What I have been reading is true!  The worst of the worst dictators are on and only them.  Gosh, it seems like there is some cherry picking going on, perhaps from overseas?  Unbelievable.  Hardly worth the frustration. Not one good one out of the bunch.  Boy, don't we work for some POS people?  ...

Dear Fellow MTs Who Were Hired To Help Out A Sister On The Night Shift...
Jul 20, 2011

I don't mean to sound like a dink, but I'm wicked exhausted from working my fingers to the bone, 7 nights a week for several weeks now, because people who were hired to work the graveyard shift are flaking out and not showing up or pulling their weight.  No, I don't HAVE to work 7 nights a week, and yet I'm doing it because I'm terrified the wonderful little company that I've worked for, for nearly 11 years now, will lose this really big acc ...

Way To Start A Shift
Feb 02, 2014

Love starting work with a 20 minute VR where they constantly corrected theirselves and I spent most of the time deleting every other sentence.  I could have typed it so much faster!!!  So much for my LPH that hour ...

Wow! Still No Work To Start My Evening Shift.
Jan 27, 2010

NEVER have I had no work in the evening.  It would be slow and would get to type 4 accounts, NO JOBS AVAILABLE???  Good luck to all tomorrow morning.  UNBELEIVEABLE!!! ...

My Shift Is Due To Start Soon. I See Only 177 Minutes For The Entire BOB.
Jul 04, 2013

Biggest kick in the teeth is Thursday through Sunday is my schedule. NJA for my entire week is not going to pay the bills. The only "good" thing is my state requires they pay me at leasr 4 hours for NJA. ...

First Time Ever, Sunday Night And OOW
Mar 01, 2015

For the first time ever, I just got a "No Studies Available" on Enterprise on a Sunday night. Never in all my years with Nuance and before that Webmedx has this happened, even on a holiday there is always work at night. Thank God I have another part time job!!       ...

MIND LOCK - Last Night I "Just Turned It Off"/Abandoned My Shift: What Now?
Apr 06, 2010

Posted: Apr 6th, 2010 - 10:35 am I signed on for my normal shift at Midnight and got immediately hit with an unknown hospital,  uknown dictator from outside my CCM's 'book of work.'  I couldn't understand the dictator who was a ESL, thick accent interspersed with serial "mumbles with thick accent."  Looked for an old report, put in all the correct information, even tried adjusting it several times -- came up with no old reports.  At this point, mental in ...

Guess It's Time To Start Job Hunting.
Jan 28, 2015

I've been here for years and work on the worst accounts I've ever had in my life, only to make peanuts.  Now they're trying to take away the only good thing I have left, my schedule.  I wonder how many people they're going to lose this way.  If I had wanted to work 2nd and 3rd shift, I would have taken a job with that schedule in the first place.  Does it even occur to them that we took this job with our particular shift in the first place because that ...

It's Time To Start Drawing Some Lines. Please DO NOT Apply
May 13, 2015

This is not only a reprehensible and indefensible pay scheme but it defies logic.  Why is the thumb any different from the other fingers, or the space bar any different from the other keys that have to be pressed to create a document?  In fact, if you check any table of computer character codes, you will find that THE SPACE IS A CHARACTER, complete with its own code.  The space is REQUIRED IN ORDER TO MAKE SENSE OF THE OTHER CHARACTERS. We get no respect at all from the MTSOs in ...

Employer Not Giving A Time To End A Shift?
Nov 03, 2011

Has anyone ever heard of an employer asking you to start at a certain and not giving a time to end a shift?  What I've been getting is "just work until the work is done".  Any comments are appreciated. ...

Shift Differential Is Paid If You Work 4-12 Eastern Time
Dec 22, 2013

Just recently started with Nuance and am in Pacific Time. Can anyone tell me if the shift differential is paid if you work 4-12 Eastern time or is it paid based on you working actually 4-12 in your time zone? Thanks ...

Pt Was Given Enema To Use The Night Before And *SIH-VA-CLEANSE* To Wash With The Night Before????
Feb 12, 2011

Sippacleanse? Sivacleanse? Supercleanse? I have searched and searched...thanks in advance!!! Not usually on OB/GYN... ...

NJA, Same Time As Last Night. Jobs "outsourced" Maybe? Nm
Jun 02, 2010

Timing just seems odd, about the time of start of business on other side of the world. ...

If I Start Some Coding Training, Do I Need To Start Learning ICD-9 Or ICD-10?
Jan 09, 2010

nm ...

My Start Menu Is Sideways And My Desk Top Is Sieways As Well And The Start Menu Is In The Upper Righ
Aug 12, 2013

My start menu is in the upper right hand corner and the desk top is on the side.  How can I fix it? ...

QA Keeps Changing Pro-time To Pro-time Or Pro-time Or Pro-time....once And For All, Which Is Correct
Apr 07, 2011

x ...

Ever Had One Of Those Night?
Aug 18, 2010

Tonight was one of those nights.  Computer problems:  I did a report, my first report at that, and it froze up on me.  Waited for it to just go on its own like it normally does when that happens and it never happened.  I finally said screw it I'm just gonna type it over.  Well it was locked, by me of course, and I don't even know if I'm going to get paid for it.  Then when I'm finished with that ordeal - NJA!!!!!  Great!!!!  No wo ...

Another Night Of The
Dec 05, 2012

dictations...why am I always stuck with the worst speakers out there.  I know there are good ones on this account, but D....when I am taking 20 minutes to edit a 5 minute piece of crap there is a problem with that!!! ...

Third Night In A Row With NJA In North. Nm
Feb 16, 2010

nm ...

You Know The MT Field Is Bad When Even The Fly-by-night...
Mar 26, 2010

You know the MT field is bad when even the fly-by-night "work-at-home" make $20 an hour companies don't even advertise for MT anymore.  My husband has been job hunting and we've been checking the online job search engines daily.  I haven't seen one single ad like we used to see on the matchbook covers.  Now they have a different scheme.  It's all work at home in call centers and make $20 an hour.      ...

Night Jasmine
Jun 02, 2010

At the risk of more of your wrath, I need to clarify that I do get dressed (usually jeans and a T-shirt or sweatshirt in the winter) -- I just do not get dressed up like I did for the office.  Thank you for your suggestions, but my home, family committments, and budget do not allow a lot of shopping and lunching.   ...