A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

So sick of listening to these foreign doctors - sm

Posted: Apr 02, 2013

I am sitting here literally ready to punch the wall out of sheer frustration. So sick of listening to these foreign doctors. Are there any of the regions that are not saturated with them? Seems like mine is chock full. When I transcribed for another company, with a lot of the hospitals in the Southern end of the US, it was not near as bad. VA Hospitals, full to the brim with them and overflowing as well..

I feel your pain - Good docs are gone

[ In Reply To ..]
When I first started this 18 years ago, I would cry about once a week, when I would get that foreign doc... ONCE A WEEK! Out of my 3 hospitals I worked for, I had one foreigner!

Now, I cant find 1 English speaking doc in a week!

ESLs - 2bz2sleep

[ In Reply To ..]
That is because they work for a lower salary.

The best dictators own their own private surgery centers besides large clinics, mostly catering to the wealtheir patients. I only have 2 ESL dictators, and they both speak very clear for me. I have been there though and do not miss it. I feel for you. I transcribed for a state rehab account.... urgh..

Similar Messages:

Sick Of Doctors Punching In The Wrong Data.
May 19, 2013

I know it's "our responsibility" to make sure the data are correct (data is plural so "are" not "is" is correct)...... but three reports today, all History and Physicals, where the doctors punched in the patient code as "O" meaning outpatient.  I believe this is now considered a critical error if I had left it as "O."   What if I was preoccupied, as we humans sometimes are, and didn't notice that?  They could use that as an excuse to fire me or "write me up."  ...

Did Anyone Get A Foreign Email Like This?
Mar 23, 2010

I RECEIVED EMAIL BELOW.  It was sent to my email address by responding to one of my MTSTARS Post.   Hai,  I  am  a  medical  transcriptionist  from  Sri  Lanka,  and  have  been  a  medical  transcriptionist  for  the  past  five  years.  Presently  I  am  employed  as  a  medical  transcriptionist  but  working  for  a  pi ...

FOREIGN ACCENTS
Jul 28, 2010

Any advice or recommendations on understanding foreign accents? ...

Foreign Doctor Pronunciation
Jan 18, 2010

If I could transcribe for this doctor on a daily basis, then I might finally learn his pronounciation of medical terminology. I have no idea what he is saying...........It is important that valium not be administered for DTs until the patient’s arterial blood gas ______ is _______. Sounds like he is saying "arterial blood gas bestla is esogrich.  Could he mean breathalyzer maybe because he is alcoholic?  I have no clue what he means by esogrich. ...

Foreign Doctor Dictations
Aug 28, 2013

Is anyone else at Nuance getting foreign doctor dictations constantly during their shift? I do not mind doing a few at a time but having to do a full shift of foreign doctors is getting very trying. Thanks! ...

Foreign-transcribed Records
Aug 17, 2014

A friend of mine who works in a medical office told me this afternoon that they've started getting records that are transcribed overseas. She said the records are done so badly that they can't use them, can't trust that the information in them is correct. When I told her my job may go away soon & be sent to India, she said "it can't!" She said these records are obviously done by people who don't speak English. What I don't understand is how work can still be off ...

Working While Visiting A Foreign Country
Jun 12, 2012

Hi All, Because of family "emergency" I may have to go overseas for a few weeks.  I'd like to keep working because I don't have any leave available right now.  I'm wondering if any of you out there have ever brought your laptop and worked from a foreign country.  If so, were there any technical issues?  I know some websites have their access blocked from certain parts of the world and I'm wondering if DocQScribe and DocQManage have any issues like that. ...

Need Medical Terms That Originated In Foreign Languages
Aug 11, 2010

I'm looking for a list of medical terms widely used in the US that have come from other languages (French, Spanish, Italian, German). An example would be "peau d'orange" to describe skin like orange peel in breast cancer inflamations. Has anyone seen such a list on the web ? ...

Have To Get This Off My Chest, Thanks For Listening
May 30, 2013

I am really really really (times pi) sickened but I figure if I write it here I can go to work and try to hang in there. I got the quarterly bonus and qualify for most times the weekly ones (depending on OOW situation and or if there are so many ESL a week I can't get the goal lines). Anyway, I have this high QA score on my weekly time sheet which is figured quarterly. Now, for the past 2 weeks, I am informed by TL that my quality is 98.6%, that I have in excess of 50, yes 50 critical error ...

Listening To Old Reports (SM)
Mar 14, 2014

Hello, can someone please give instructions on how to listen to old reports after you get FIESA scores.  Thanks  ...

Listening To QA Report
Apr 18, 2014

I caannot get my Windows Media to work or whatever is used to hear QA reports in DQS.  A black screen comes up but tells me the file is opened elsewhere.  I always was able to listen to reports that had been Q/A'ed in the past.  Has anyone had a problem like this?  I dread having to call the tech support as I can hardly hear them or understand them.  Thanks for any help. ...

Nuance....are You Listening?
Dec 28, 2014

Dear Nuance:  Have you been reading ANY of these posts?  Do you see the discontent?  Do you feel the anger and worry you see on this page?  Or are you too busy driving your nice cars and eating in fine restaurants to worry about the people who actually make the money for you?  I know I'm ridiculous for just wondering if you feel even the smallest twinge of guilt,but I like to think that people still have some humanity left.  Do you think about the families tha ...

So After Listening To The Benefits Call, I Take It They're Still Going To Have The
May 21, 2012

x ...

Want To Avoid Listening, So Can I Ask These Questions?
Dec 11, 2012

I can see from all these posts that they have made it as difficult as possible to understand this new pay plan.  Can anybody tell me when it goes into effect and when we individually will know what our personal rates will be? TYIA. ...

Listening To Report In Fiesa.
Jun 10, 2013

I this just wishful thinking on my end to do I remember when they first switched to the new Fiesa a way to actually listen to reports from there so we can check our work?  ...

I Have Been Listening To This One Female ESL Dictator For A Year Now,
Feb 03, 2013

and not once has she NOT been sniffling, sneezing, snorting, and swallowing/gulping down her own snot.  Clean your nose out, already!  These noises are really gross, I can never get through a whole report without stopping to gag.  She is also a low-talker, so I can't just turn the volume down.    OK, vent over.  ...

Listening To Old Dictations And Error Message?
Apr 01, 2013

I tried to go back and listen to a dictation that I got docked on in fiesa. I got an error message saying I needed Active-X which I installed, but still cannot get the audio to play. Any suggestions? is there someone I should contact about this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks! ...

Listening To Post Audit Jobs
Dec 12, 2013

Is anyone else having trouble listening to their post audit jobs?  I have tried everything and can't seem to make it work. It's hard to fight an error when you cannot listen to the job again.    I am am also finding that I am getting a lot or errors that I know are not true thus killing my quality score.  ...

Listening To Old Reports In Ediscript (Nuance)
May 12, 2014

Okay, I know there is a way to listen to our old reports but for some reason I cannot do it anymore.  When I open up the dictation search and click on the speaker button to listen, I get a blank escription audio window that pops up with nothing.  Any ideas?  ...

Listening To Dictator - And Loud Cartoons
May 13, 2015

Today I had the misfortune to have 2 lo-o-o-ng reports by the same dictator - I suspect someone else had him before me and said No Thanks and passed him on to me.  He wouldn't have been bad at all if he'd just speeded up about 5 times faster, and if his son had not been listening to cartoons about 3 feet away.  Actually, his mentation was so slow, it was probably his grandson listening to cartoons.  At one point, he turned around and asked the kid to turn it down some, a ...

Love Full Listening ILP Reports For 3cpl....!!!
Nov 25, 2009

Because I need my job I bite hard everyday to continue with MQ. Being an MME is horrible when you are paid 3 cpl to full listen ILP.  I get paid more to ME my own ASR reports which take me sometimes just as long.  Each time the situation is mentioned on how unfair it is to only get 3 cpl to full listen ILP reports we are always told that it really isn't that many reports....funny I did over 90 of them in a pay period and they aren't short reports ever always long... ...

Out Of Curiosity, Just Spent The Last 45 Min Listening To The DocQ 7 Tutes....sm
Dec 14, 2011

Holy Crow....I knew there were changes made, but didn't think that everything changed.  Nothing on the screen looks the same, starting with the log-in screen which is the only thing that looks simple to use.  There are stupid panels everywhere, top, bottom, left side, right side, and the poor text screen is kinda squished in the middle.  It looks waaaay more complicated than how it is now.  I just want to cry.  I really had no idea that it is basically going to invo ...

For Conference Call Time For Listening To Vern's
Aug 11, 2012

Town Hall meeting do we put 1 hour or 1/2 hour? The conference call lasted approx 30/40 minutes but his email said 1 hour. How much time did you put in Teamwork for this? ...

Haha....so I'm Listening To The Oldies Radio While I'm Working.....
Jun 03, 2013

.....and guess what song comes on......"Get a Job" LOL!!!! ...

Eye Exam For Foreign Body S/L "litterer"
Dec 09, 2010

TIA ...

"There Was A Time When Doctors Were Doctors" By James Ong
May 06, 2014

From the KevinPho MD site:   There was a time when doctors were doctors. There was a time when young men and women sacrificed the best years of their youth, learning to treat patients and conquer diseases, not to become typists, paper pushers, data-entry clerks, or to have hospitals, insurance companies, and the federal government dictate to us how to practice medicine.   There was a time when doctors were trusted. There was a time when we were not guilty until proven ot ...

64 Minutes Of Phone Off The Hook - Not Wasting My Time Listening To The Entire 64 Minutes!
Mar 07, 2014

Only warrants periodic scans. If anyone comes back at me for that, they can listen to 64 minutes of nothing themselves. If the doctor dictated, too bad he did not follow protocol = put the dictation on hold when not dictating or hang up the phone! ...

"Listening Leads To Inspiring Careers."
Jun 02, 2011

That's what I found MQ advertising while I went searching for another job.  Just what does it mean though?  They certainly aren't listening to us.  Are we supposed to be listening to their innuendos of salary cuts, unattainable demands, losing our jobs to India to understand and get inspired to find another career?  Who comes up with this double-talk anyway?  Probably the same person that writes our corporate e-mails. ...

What To Do If Sick?
Mar 19, 2011

If you get sick, as in in the middle of your shift, like asthma flaring, feeling worse than when I started this morning and will be lucky if stay out of hospital, kind of sick, CCM off, who do I contact?  regional team lead? ...

I'm So Sick Of My Job.
Jan 27, 2012

This was a wonderful company to work for at first and now we have new QA people and I can't stand my job. Everything has been changed after 12 years of doing it one way, and if I do it the way the doctors have dictated/still dictate for years I get an email about how I need to follow the new rules.  This is one QA person that has decided to change everything.  We enter a lot of information that we're not paid for, and are now no longer paid for headers, and forget about BOS a ...