A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

New to MedQuist via eTransPlus, is anyone happy here? - wasHappyMT

Posted: Oct 09, 2011

I am new to MedQuist via the eTransPlus buyout.  Reading all these posts is truly scary.  I know people that are rather happy tend not to post as much (hopefully they are too busy working!), but is anyone, I mean ANYONE, happy or at least not ready to jump off a tall building working for MedQuist?  I am trying hard not to panic just yet, but it is getting harder! 

So, does anyone have anything positive (even kinda sorta) to say about MedQuist?

Thanks!

I have a job, - thats a positive

[ In Reply To ..]
And I get paid on time!

I used to be very happy here. Now, it feels like every day I sit down to get my wisdom teeth pulled! I feel the same pain, I cry the same tears, and absolutely take the same amount of pain killers.

I wish I could rewind this post and answer you 5 years ago. I loved my job, loved my primary account. Loved my supervisor. It was absolutely amazing.

Now, I am just micromanaged to death, and it is a very slow and painful death.

Positive things about Medquist - BH

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with above post.

1. I have a job.
2. I get automatic deposit.
3. They have plenty of work, but are always assigning me new accounts.

I don't look forward to work anymore because I have no consistency, but I have more than enough work every day.

Dear New Via... - Former MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Agree with the above post about getting paid on time, have (had) a job. I too was acquired during a buyout (Spheris.) I thought "only the whiners are posting here." Then the stuff started happening to me and my co-workers. Two pay cuts in less than a year, plus no more production bonus/Internet reimbursement.... then my account of 10+ years just "went away" one Monday morning when I logged on. Fortunately, I was in the midst of trying to decide whether to accept another job (non-MT) and I felt like "here's your sign." Best advice.... get your foot out the door now - you have about a year give or take a couple months. Sorry, wish I could be more encouraging. Best of luck to you and your co-workers! Yes, I too would like to rewind the clock and answer that question even 3 years ago!

Same answer as other two: At least I have a job... - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
That is about the only good thing.

Pay about 10-15K less per year than 5 and 10 years ago.

I really think that oen day soon NONE of us will have any consistent accounts to get used to. We will just all be thrown in one giant pool. That would be all fine and well (sort of) if they did away with the different CPs for every single account and just made it universal...same format....but they won't...they will still expect us to remember and check a different CP for the 100s of different accounts. That way, no laying anyone off, no paying of UI, just let everyone slowly but surely get exasperated......

happy at MQ? um - mouse

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to be happy with them. Been with them 13 years. The "First Time Right" policy has cut pay big time. I quit sending hardly anything to QA anymore because of that, and I worked damn hard always to fill in any blanks. Yes they give you accounts all over the place. My division just received 2 accounts whose client profiles total 17 pages (9 pages on one, 8 on the other). Real money-maker accounts (NOT). It's very scary how things have been going with MQ for the past year. I'm one that will bail as soon as I can. I also find much discrepancy with the QA MMEs. On a positive note, I've always, always had the best CCMs. Good luck but expect anything sent to QA to take a big bite of your paycheck, and expect to be pissed if you do and QA still couldn't fill it...and you still got the pay cut.

Same here glad for any job - but dislike MQ

[ In Reply To ..]
I could list a whole page of benefits, bonuses, actual pay, etc., that they have systematically stripped away from us in the last 2 years, resulting in about a 40-50% pay cut for most of us. If I read an earlier post right, in the midst of the worker bees taking such a drastic pay cut the past couple of years, the CEO went from a salary of $198K to $1.28 million! (previous post about occupy wall street). Anyway, that is the discouraging part. But, on the flip side, yes, I have a job, I will probably make my usual $30,000 this year with no real chance of ever making any more than that here. (could be worse I know, so can't really complain too hard right now) The rumor is that MQ wants all MTs to be at minimum wage soon. I would not be surprised if this starts happening at the first of the year. We'll see. In the meantime, I am working frantically on my degree so that I can get out of here ASAP and get a real job that pays decent and appreciates the workers who make the money for them. Don't panic or freak just yet. Getting a good CSM has a lot to do with the level of tolerance with MQ. I happen to have the best! Hopefully that will last too. I have had 5 since starting here 8 years ago. Good luck to you!

Same here ... I have a GREAT CCM I totally adore - her but Medquist SUCKS

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm considered an old-timer, I've been with Q for 14 years or so. This past spring I used my tax refund to put down money on tuition to the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and I just recently became a certified health coach and I'm putting together a program to see clients that will take me out of transcription. I'm making about minimum wage now - after 14 years devoted to a career and being at the height of my career game that is a complete insult.

So where did this rumor about Q transcriptionists making minimum wage come from, is this reliable information? I just found out over the weekend that we're supposed to all be getting new computers by a deadline of December. It makes me wonder why the new ones, or if it's just a ploy. It seems that our CCMs are busy "verifying addresses". All I could think about was it must be pink slip time - the end of the year is when that usually happens.

where did you hear this about - new computers

[ In Reply To ..]
I have not heard anything, and no one is verifying my address either.

From CCM .... Interesting ... - HUH
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I haven't heard anything either - but
[ In Reply To ..]
after that fiasco last year or so with the most recent DQS bogging down everyone's computer and ASR slowing things down to a crawl whenever you get anything report more than 10 minutes, I'm sure they want to avoid that when they roll out the new DQS soon. I had to get a new computer from them last year because of all the issues, so maybe I won't get a new one. Unless this next one has surveillance on it.

New computers? - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
If we are getting new computers, you would think they would be loaded with M-Modal speech recognition. If this is the case, one might assume it will be an improvement but why am I afraid it will be worse?
Yup, new computers - Frosty Mug
[ In Reply To ..]
note from CCM wanting to verify my address to ship it out. Anything "new" from MQ makes me nervous....
Got one of those address verification requests too ... - health and wellness coach
[ In Reply To ..]
Wonder what kind of "tracking" software it's going to have on it, LOL. I just wonder if it really is a computer I should be watching for and not a termination notice ...

How can you be happy here? - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
We have bad audio, terrible VR, cell phones, car phones, cordless phones, loud background noise, not to mention the usual bad accents, dictators who can barely speak English and MQs answer to all of this is to take money away from the MTs if they can't hear well enough to edit/transcribe. I work only very part-time now but I earn half the money I earned 20 years ago.

Yes - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I'm happy and glad to have the job. I make minimum wage now, but I have never made much at MQ since I started years ago as a newbie at a low rate and have received only 1 raise. But I have had minimum wage jobs in the past in clerical/data entry which also required skill and careful attention to detail and yet they paid minimumw wage, so I don't feel too bitter against MQ about the low pay. This job is interesting, very challenging, and I get to work at home! I lost my primary account to India and was moved to another primary account. If I run out of my primary, I have several other accounts to work on which have short CPs. Never out of work. I would not be too happy without a primary account so I hope that doesn't change. Wish I knew what the future holds regarding MQ plans, but right now I can't complain.

Hard to make a living. - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
I do like my CCM and pay is on time (what little there is). Those are the only positives I can come up with.

You get... - Dinosaur

[ In Reply To ..]
You are paid on time.

ANOTHER MQ TRANSPLANT - gltrgammi

[ In Reply To ..]
H_ _L NO! I am really upset by all of it. All the MQ paperwork, I feel so invaded. Can they ask us for anymore information? Can we get anymore forms to fill out? Really?? I feel like I have just joined the FBI. It's rediculous. The least ETP could have done was to let us know something a little further in advance that 7 hours before the acquistion. My husband and I just bought a rather expensive item for our house. If I had any idea this was going to happen, I never would have purchased it. As far as I am concerned, they threw us under the bus. I'm stickin' in there maybe until the first of the year, then I will probably look for something else. It's pretty scary out there right now. If I end up staying with MQ (God forbid), then I will definitely be retiring in 2 years, at 62. God help all us MQ'ers.

Same here. All the paperwork is crazy!. What I find - wannie

[ In Reply To ..]
so ironic is that I have to have papers notarized verifying that I can work in the U.S. for a company that sends so much work out of the U.S.

new to Q - Former MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow, they are already ramping up to make things even more difficult. When the Q bought out Spheris in the winter/spring of 2010 (was it really just last year?) we didn't have to fill out anything, just accept the "job offer." Unfortunately, things got bad, then they got worse, 2 pay cuts, then my account of 10-plus years just going away one morning.... and yup, I had just breathed a sigh of relieve and replaced my ol' clunker....not good. I got my foot out the door by going to PT with Q and taking on more hours for another PT job. I watched, learned, and waited.... and the week before my account went away I was offered full time in my other job. Dream job - no. Hard work - yes. As good a working hours as I had - No. But.... Bills paid-yes. Appreciated - yes! Dealing with it - Yes. Evil Q is probably hoping some folks will just say WTF and not even bother to fill out the paperwork and leave now!

Sorry - Patty

[ In Reply To ..]
Wish I had positive things to say about the Q, but I don't. I worked for them for 12 years, had small kids at home then. I just got a new job 2 months ago and WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Yes, I do have to work out of the house now, but it is nice to be appreciated AND paid for it too! The jobs are out there, you just need to be patient. I don't know what took me so long to leave, guess I just really enjoyed the freedom of working at home. Glad I made the change though, Medquist DOES NOT appreciate its employeesor or how hard they work or the time they put in. They just kept asking for more and kept cutting our pay. It was time to leave.

Similar Messages:

Etransplus To Medquist
Oct 20, 2011

does anyone have any information on the company medquist, was just recently told that etrans went to medquist with little notification other than a conference call on a Monday. thank you ...

ETransPlus Been Bought Out By Medquist. Oh Yay. Nm
Oct 03, 2011

nm ...

Etransplus Acquired By Medquist
Oct 03, 2011

Right now I am so devastated and upset I don't know what to do.  Etransplus, the people whom I work for fulltime (I work part-time for Medquist) was acquired by Medquist.  I wanted so much to not have to work for Medquist fulltime.  This is so devastating.  I was so much loving typing and doing ASR work at night, it was such a change . It was easier to just get that SMALL  paycheck that I receive from Medquist and the LARGE check I got from Etransplus, but now, I am ...

Medquist Buyout Of ETransPlus
Oct 03, 2011

Okay, everybody breathe!  It will be okay.  They didn't close the doors so we still have jobs.  I know the posts are very negative about Medquist, but they have a lot of people working for them who stay working for them.  There must be something positive about medquist.  Does anyone have anything POSITIVE to say about Mediquist?   ...

Anyone Happy At Medquist
Jun 16, 2010

Im do to start work with MQ Monday.  Is anyone happy there.  Ive have over 15 years experience and all the other companies were actually insulting with the offers, or only had IC, or never called back.  Please tell me someone is making money there. ...

Anyone Happy At Medquist Currently?
Jan 03, 2012

The reason I ask is that I am currently an IC with another company that is only paying a lousy .065 after being with them for 1-1/2 years.  I'm also an RMT for what it's worth. Medquist just made me an offer as a part-time employee (they call it tier 3 -- I presume this is level 3 being referred to in other MT posts?) working 24 hours/week.  My hours seem fairly decent, and since my cpl rate is higher than my current IC job, it is a nice bump up in salary since Medquist pres ...

MedQuist Cuts Pay In Half - Happy Holidays!
Nov 30, 2011

MedQuist ate up AllType and spit out the Radiology MTs. They have cut our pay in half, and just in time for Christmas! I guess instead of saying Happy Holidays, we will be screaming Homeless for the Holidays. And the "Manager" won't even respond to emails. This company does not care at all about its employees and is pure evil. ...

ETransPlus Or TTS, LLC
Jun 08, 2010

Just wanting to know about these two companies.  TTS and eTransPlus.  Any positive or negative comments would be appreciated! ...

Anything To Say About ETransplus?
Jun 26, 2010

Does anyone have anything to say about eTransplus? ...

ETransPlus. Anybody Used PTO Since The New
Sep 27, 2010

pay scale in place.  If so, did you still receive the higher line rate even if your transcribed lines were below 6,000 because of the PTO that you took? ...

ETransplus?
Jun 20, 2011

I applied and passed all of the testing for eTransplus as advertised on the Job Seekers Board but haven't heard anything back. Did anyone else apply and hear back yet? Just curious since I expected to hear back after successfully jumping through all of their hoops....er, passing all of their tests ;-) ...

Any ETransPlus Employees?
Nov 11, 2009

Wondering if anyone has any info on this company - good or bad feedback is welcomed. Thanks! ...

Inquiring About ETransPlus
May 01, 2010

Inquiring about eTransPlus...anybody know any info about this company? Pros and cons? ...

Anybody Else At ETransPlus Out Of Work? Nm
Aug 05, 2010

x ...

ETransplus Platform?
Oct 01, 2010

Does anyone know what transcription platfor this company uses?   TIA ...

Is ETransPlus Hiring And
Dec 01, 2010

How about line rates, payday on time, supervisors, tech, any info appreciated. Thanks in advance. ...

Warning ETransPlus
Dec 17, 2010

A quasi-Federal employer. Thought I'd be ahead cuz the Feds will manage our jobs AND our health records someday soon. You have to get fingerprinted, get your background investiagated and pay for a retro hunk of foot pedal and then they short your pays. ...

ETransPlus Or Archivus...
Jun 15, 2011

Any current info on either of these companies; pay, how the management treats MTs, enough work?  Trying to make a decision.  This will be my secondary MTSO - already have another full time job, just would like to have a secondary when things are slow.  I know two is going wear me out some, but it is better than the fear of going broke with only one MTSO during the slow times. ...

EtransPlus - Any Information ?
Feb 22, 2011

Does anyone have any information on this company?  Thanks. ...

Anyone Worked For ETRANSPLUS?
Mar 09, 2011

Trying to get some info on etransplus.  Does anybody know anything about this company? ...

Seeking All ETransPlus MTs
Sep 05, 2011

I've accepted a position with this company and will start the training process on Tuesday. I'd like to get a feel for this company, and the best way to do that is to speak with those "in the know." 1.  How are they to work for?2.  How is the Acuity platform?3.  How are lines calculated?  Is it hard to reach the 1200-line daily goal?4.  How is QA? And anything else you can think of that you feel would help. Either post here or email me would be fine. Thanks in ...

WOW - ETransPlus Hiring??
Sep 20, 2011

The only possible reason they could be hiring is because everyone else is leaving because of no work!  But still... for going on 4 weeks now, two different "pools" have remained mostly empty day and night.  I am so glad to be getting out of there.  ...

ETransPlus Question
Sep 22, 2011

Anyone know any information on eTransPlus?  Good/bad.  Line count per hour/week requirements.  Pay per line.  Just the usual questions.  I am thinking about applying, but want to make sure there is work for me to do there.  Please comment. ...

EtransPlus Monday?
Oct 01, 2011

Does anyone know why ETP is havin a phone conference for employees Monday morning? I hate surprises and this has my stomach in knots since work has been practically nonexistent for a month on multiple acct. Eek! ...

ETransPlus Server
Jan 18, 2012

Does anyone have a problem with the eTransPlus server?  I find that it is very slow in responding to what I type while in the portal.  I've always had a problem, but it seems a lot worse this week.  I've talked to eTransPlus tech support in the past, but they haven't been able to find what's wrong. ...

Happy Transcriptions Is Still Happy
Aug 19, 2013

Who in their right mind names a company "Happy Transcriptions?" In this day and age, all I see is "sad" MTs and, in my opinion, if "Happy Transcriptions" is still happy, they can only be messing even more with us poor "sad" MTs. All I can say is I am so "happy" I am so close to being on my way out of MT! ...

HAPPY TRANSCRIPTIONS - Not Happy
Nov 10, 2013

Am I the only one who feels that life is not happy at Happy Transcription?  I love the work, but the owner is totally unprofessional and needs to revamp the organization. ...

Etransplus Insurance Change
Jan 29, 2010

Did anyone else get burned with their surprise insurance change yesterday? ...

Any Info (good Or Bad) About ETransPlus?
Mar 12, 2010

I searched the archives but the info on this company wasn't very recent. Please feel free to email me if you want to remain private and currently work for this company, have worked for this company, etc.. and let me know your opinions. Thank you in advance. ...

Etransplus Pay, Negatives, Positives
Mar 29, 2010

Any information is appreciated. Thanks ...