A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

New TRA/TAA approval for Medquist/Mmodal - see msg

Posted: Jun 12, 2012

http://www.doleta.gov/tradeact/taa/taadecisions/taadecision.cfm?taw=81128

so what does this mean for us - clueless

[ In Reply To ..]
dont understand

It means we can be eligible for government-paid tuition - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
for new career training because a large amount of work is sent overseas and thus many people have NJA, i.e. displaced from our jobs because of MM/MQ overseas outsourcing. This had previously expired, but I see it was refiled and approved again. Certain specifications for each person to be met, but certainly worth money for tuition. One thing about the money for tuition, do not pay for or start a new program or you will not be eligible. That happened to me. Unfortunately, I have not been able to start that new career because new health issues came up causing me to no longer do that job. :(

how would you go about that? - slave wages

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't really get any pages to open when I try to research this. Their website isn't very helpful. How would I go about getting the money?

the key word is eligible - no one has been able to claim this yet

[ In Reply To ..]
As far as I know the stipulation is that we have to be laid off in order to receive this TAA. Medquist/Mmodal will always claim they have work (it may be the bottom dregs of accounts/dictators and worst hours)and therefore no one has been displaced. Sorry, but this program to me feels like the Medquist settlement paid to AHDI- Medquist paid the money out on our behalf after underpaying employees and we got nothing in return. This government money is supposedly ours too but between Mmodal and our government they will keep us from claiming it.

I would love to hear how somehow actually got money from this program because of all the posting on this board for the last 2 years I don't remember anyone actually getting any money or schooling paid for.
nope, was told had to be laid off or have - paperwork of impending layoff
[ In Reply To ..]
Filed anyway and then the true run around began. First you have to apply for unemployment, then you get a letter from unemployment telling you all about the TAA stuff, so you apply and it is like a nightmare on a road to nowhere.
Yes, you can get this money - Student
[ In Reply To ..]
I was laid off last August. I didn't know about this money until unemployment contacted me and told me I was eligible. It is administered through unemployment. I am currently in school getting a health informatics degree and this program pays all tuition plus continues unemployment benefits the entire time you are in school. It only pays for 2 years so you must be in a 2-year program of some type. You can't quit a job and get this - you must be laid off and be eligible for unemployment to get it.

Gee, do you think they will pay part -- sm - FLMT

[ In Reply To ..]
of the $343,000 in student loans I have acquired to get through medical school? I was employed by the "Q" the entire time I was in school.

Similar Messages:

MedQuist Awarded Court Approval For Domestic Assets
Feb 28, 2010

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medquist-awarded-court-approval-as-stalking-horse-bidder-for-domestic-assets-of-spheris-85356647.html   Wow, court okayed and approved for MQ to go ahead and bid on April 13, for Spheris.  Plus MQ is coming out with their own EPIC and it causes 70% less dictation.  EXPECT NO JOBS AVAILABLE COMING SOON.  Also expect getting picked on with your job audits because they want to fire most of us and just keep the BEST OF THE BEST which I h ...

So, Its MModal, Formerly MedQuist
Jan 24, 2012

How many can we list now? ...

Medquist/Mmodal
Aug 06, 2012

GOD I HATE THIS JOB, IF YOU CAN CALL IT THAT. CAN'T QUIT AND CAN'T RETIRE!!!!!!!!! I WILL DEFINITELY SOON QUALIFY FOR THE A MENTAL INSTITUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Confusion Regarding Medquist-MModal
Feb 04, 2012

What's the deal with Medquist-M-Modal.. is this a merger, complete takeover of Medquist or just rebranding? Curious because the deal which is being done is with CBAY, which is INDIAN OWNED. Deadwood floating on water. ...

Why I Think Medquist Changed Their Name To MModal...
Feb 06, 2012

It's probably because Medquist has such a bad reputation--and the name alone leaves a rotten taste in your mouth hearing it.  I want to be positive and hope that maybe there will be some good changes like they boast in that email.  I'll believe it when I see it though.  ...

If You Live In Oklahoma And Worked For Medquist/MModal
Dec 29, 2012

https://oklahomawelcome.com/news/state/91092-ex-workers-of-medquist-m*modal-approved-for-trade-benefits.html ...

Timecard Approval
Aug 17, 2010

So, what happens if your CCM can't figure out how to do the edits on your timecard because you work graveyard, won't answer your phone calls or emails about the error and you can't approve your timecard? ...

Has Anyone Gotten Approval For Christmas PTO?
Nov 19, 2010

Of all the MQ employees here scheduled to work on Saturdays, has anyone been approved to have off Christmas Day?  I put in my request exactly 60 days ahead of time (since we can't do it before that) and have yet to hear anything.  My CCM, who is pretty good about responding to e-mails, has not responded to me when I questioned whether I've been approved. So, my question is, has ANYONE gotten the OK to take off Christmas?     ...

Schedule Approval
May 26, 2011

Hi folks, can someone tell me where the approval button is to approve the hours you have worked in the new schedule format?  I have looked for it, but can't find it anywhere.  Thanks. ...

Timesheet Approval
Jul 07, 2014

Has anyone had a situation where your manager refused to approve your timesheet?  If yes, what happened?  My TSR or CCM or whatever they call themselves these days sent me an e-mail.  Apparently she's ticked because my timecard reflected 1.45 hours OT.  My BIG mistake.   ...

Wish Paysheets Would Come Out For Approval Now. Sm
Dec 15, 2014

I can hardly sit here to work wondering how much money I'm going to lose from last week. Before: average 10,000 lines of VR/week @0.413 per line = $413 PLUS weekly incentive averaging $100+/week = $513/week which I can live with. Last week - noting how many reports were ripped by FIESA, figuring without QC/QA scores - 10,000 lines, now 5000 lines x 0.07 = 350.00 with no weekly incentive = I NEED A NEW JOB. ...

The Lines Are Up For Approval So
Mar 11, 2015

you've won the weekly Nuance lottery or if your weekly pay has been penalized into oblivion! THAT's the exciting new change they've been talking about!  ...

Re CCM Approval For Holiday Time Off...smg
Nov 19, 2010

I read somewhere eons ago that approval (can't find it now) does not have to be given more than 7 days ahead.  So, for Turkey Day, approval should have been given by yesteray.  Approval for Xmas should be given by 12/18. ...

Vacation Time Approval???!?!
Jul 28, 2012

How long does it take to get approval for a leave request?  It's been over a week now and my request is still unapproved.  Sheesh! ...

Time Card Approval
Apr 23, 2013

By now haven't we normally been asked via email to go in and approve our time card???  Either I haven't gotten an email, missed it, or they haven't sent one out yet. ...

How Long Does It Take To Receive Approval Of PTO?
May 15, 2013

The request is only a week old, for a week off at the end of June.  I have to make a non-refundable deposiit as soon as possible, as beach houses are going quickly.  Do you think it is permissible to ask TSM to approve it ASAP?  How long does it normally take to get approval? ...

? On Weblock Approval Of Lines--sm
May 07, 2014

This question is for anybody who has switched accounts and qualified for the 25 percent incentive for 30 days.  Can you please tell me if this incentive shows up in the Webclock weekly line approval.  I cannot remember if it shows up there but do not want to approve later if it is supposed to be there (I am not seeing it now, but have also not seen the e-mail about approving lines yet).  Thank you. ...

Approval For Time Card
Aug 27, 2014

Normally by now I have gotten my email requesting me to approve my time card but so far have not gotten anything.  Has everybody else got theirs??? ...

Anybody Got Notice That Timecards Are Ready For Approval
Mar 16, 2015

Normally by now I have received my notice but still haven't heard anything ...

Grammar - This Meets With The Patient And Family’s Acceptance And Approval
Aug 11, 2010

Which is correct: This meets with the patient and family’s acceptance and approval. or This meets with the patient's and family’s acceptance and approval. This is something he says all the time, and it sounds like he says it both ways.     ...

Has Anyone Ever Tried To Buy Their Medquist Computer From Medquist
Jul 18, 2011

????? ...

Medquist HR
Jan 20, 2010

I was wondering if someone can give me the email address of human resources.  I used to work for Medquist and I left due to not having any work about a year ago.  I am looking at contacting someone someone in HR to see if I could possibly work for them again if possible.  Thanks ...

Gee, Thanks Medquist For Getting Rid Of MT's.
Feb 28, 2010

Yes, I know, THINGS HAVE CHANGED AND NEED TO GET WITH THE PROGRAM AND ACCEPT CHANGE!  That is why I am getting out of this profession and going back to school. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medquist-launches-ehr-integration-for-dictations-associated-with-template-based-clinical-documentation-85476462.html MEDQUIST HAS THEIR OWN EPIC SYSTEM COMING OUT.  GETS RID OF DICTATION. MedQuist Launches EHR Integration for Dictations Associated with Template-based Clinical Documentat ...

Who Is New To Medquist?
Mar 01, 2010

How long did it take you to get up and running with the Q?  Why are they hiring?  I have been asked twice to test with them, but I always see NJA on this board!  Do you have plenty of work since you started, and how long has that been?  I don't want to go through the testing and hiring process and then sit there with no work available. ...

Medquist Cpl
Jun 17, 2010

I work for Spheris but was bought out by Medquist and I was wondering if anyone knows their cpl on TR and SR.   I have 2-1/2 years experience with Spheris.  THANKS!  ...

For MedQuist ASR, How Do You
Dec 09, 2010

synchronize text with speech/speech with text? I tried ctrl+M and ctrl+shift+M and nothing happens. What trick am I missing? I am trying to put yellow highlight in sync with the where I am at in the text on very long report.  Thank you ...

New To Medquist
Jan 10, 2011

Hi.  I am new to MedQuist.  Can people out there who do not hate the company please tell me if they have had a good experience or not?  So far, I am worried that I will not be able to make decent money, but I am hoping that when my speed improves, that will not be the case.  I have many, many years of experience, so that is not the issue.  Sound quality seems to be a problem, and I am finding that editing takes an inordinate amount of time.  I am a fast typist, so I ...

Job Op With Medquist
Feb 13, 2011

I currently work for a company that pays pretty much the same as Medquist.  I hardly have to deal with ESL docs and if I work my butt off I can make some decent money.  I'm very reluctant to quit my current job and work for Medquist after reading some of these posts.  I have no idea what kind of account Medquist is going to assign me to which has me nervous.  Also I'm about to be a single mom and I'm very worried about making the wrong decision.  ...

Medquist Pay
Mar 29, 2011

Does anyone know if Medquist pay is by VBC lines? ...

My Former Job At Medquist
Mar 30, 2011

Good afternoon all.  I left for SoCal in early August to care for an elderly family member and let my supervisor know about 3 weeks in advance but never heard a word from her.  I was flex-part-time.  We got back to NC about 3 weeks ago, and I'm going nuts trying to find a job.  Would you believe I received a termination notice in late October after not having worked August, September, or October?  What took them so long?  I was going to ask if anything had imp ...