A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Love the mandatory weekend hours - Just Sayin

Posted: Jun 27, 2010

so I can waste my time sitting here staring at NJA screen.  I need a new job!!

What do you mean by mandatory weekend hours? - Marcy

[ In Reply To ..]
Is this something new? What area are you in?

I was made to work mandatory - Just Sayin

[ In Reply To ..]
weekend hours when we had to become "employees" back in 2006. It was 8 at first, but I did get it down to 4 hours now. But still, used to have plenty of work on Sunday, now nothing.

yippers... I was forced to work weekends also - gotta love it

[ In Reply To ..]
"If you don't give me some weekend hours, I will choose them for you!"

Either way, I lose... NO WORK, NO FUN, WEEKENDS SHOT!

Thanks A LOT! The only thing worse will be getting up Monday morning to the same darn thing!

Choices - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was given the choice of Sunday through Thursday or Tuesday through Saturday, period ended. I chose Sunday through Thursday.

are you a newer employee? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
just trying to figure out if this is how they are treating new FT hires or if they are forcing existing FT'ers to do this or what? I am PT and have not been messed with yet, although I do get NJA from time to time.
I have been with Medquist - exasperated
[ In Reply To ..]
for 7 years now and when first hired on in 2003, was told I had to work a weekend day. So I have been Sunday through Thursday since then.
I was told the same thing... - AngryMQPrisoner
[ In Reply To ..]
when I hired on 7 years ago, had to work at least 1 weekend day. Then got an e-mail about a year ago from one of my MANY CCM's I've had telling the people in my group that were not working a weekend day that they had to change?!?!?!!? It made me LIVID! I complained to my CCM about it so then I got the punishment of going from daytime hours to working 12-8 two days of the week. Aargh. Luckily, with the one of the many CCMs I've had since, I was able to get my schedule back to where I at least work the same hours every day...

Similar Messages:

Mandatory Weekend Hours
Aug 12, 2010

My CCM has been harping on us voluntarily changing our scheduled to weekend hours, how "it won't hurt a bit" and you may quote me.  I already work every Sunday, but they want me to now work a 6th day, splitting one of my other days where they no longer need me to work, into Friday evening hours.  How am I supposed to do this when I already have a second part-time job on the 2 days I have off?  If they didn't slash my salary by 40%, I wouldn't have to work around the ...

So What Happens If You Do NOT Work Mandatory 2 Hours Over Weekend?
Aug 22, 2012

x ...

Mandatory Weekend Day?
Jul 18, 2012

I just listened to the monthly meeting and she said ALL employees are now required to work at least 1 weekend day? Has anyone who is M-F been forced to change their schedule yet?  ...

Mandatory Weekend Day
Oct 21, 2014

After 12 years with Mmodal, and 5 with YOG, all working a weekend day, I still cannot get change my schedule to at least every-other weekend off.  Does everyone work a mandatory weekend day, or is it just T3?  TU ...

Mandatory Weekend Work
Aug 07, 2010

Can a company impose mandatory weekend work on their employees who work one weekend day anyway?  Just curious !  MTs have Friday to Monday to complete the mandatory schedule of say an extra five or 10 hours !!!     ...

Incentive Weekend Plus Mandatory Overtime
Apr 07, 2012

NJA. Thanks Muddle! ...

Required 4 Weekend Hours?
Mar 09, 2010

I work for the NorthEast section of Medquist and my supervisor wanted to verify all of our hours before we started getting locked-out of working hours other than our scheduled hours. When I emailed my hours to my supervisor, I stated that I wanted to drop my 3 hours I had previously been scheduled on Sunday night since I was having a hard time keeping those hours. Mind you, I already work 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Monday through Friday and 8:30 to 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday. She then wr ...

OT-EXTRA HOURS FOR WEEKEND
Aug 27, 2010

All week NJA.  Everyone has hours to make up I am sure.  At 9:30 CCM puts out E-Mail for OT and extra hours for weekend.  At the  time of her mail "work is low" so why are we looking for OT and extra time committments????   ...

2 Hours Mandatory OT & Incentive Period = NJA For Me.
Jun 30, 2012

All the work in my group is gone and now I am in the cesspool :( At least I have work, but I have already been warned that I will be on performance review. Well, this won't help my plight. I already spend too much time checking client profiles, some of which are difficult to figure out. ...

2 Hours Mandatory OT - Yeah Right - They TRULY Are Nuts!
Jan 23, 2015

x ...

Required To Switch Schedule To Add Weekend Hours
Jan 12, 2012

Anyone out West asked to work 3-4 hours minimum on a Sat. or Sunday with equivalent time off Monday to Friday ?  Do they ask this of the Indians, also ?  Reason given was to cover TAT.  Your thoughts, please ?  Thanks !  ...

How The Hospital Department Covers Weekend Shifts/hours
Jan 24, 2014

I am curious if anyone is an at-home transcriptionist who works for a hospital and how the department covers weekend shifts/hours. Also curious what kind of hours you are required to work during the week and how many people are on the transcription team.  Or if you'd just share what your company does for scheduling and what the hours are.  I am looking for some ideas for our team.   Small hospital.  Weekend coverage only includes priority jobs (H&Ps). Thanks! ...

After Sitting Here For Several Hours With No Work, Gotta Love The Ad For SoftScript. Sm
Jan 03, 2011

It states, "Most important plenty of work. We do all we can to assure you will stay busy your entire shift. NO waiting or praying for work to come." I guess today and the last 2 months have been my imagination.  ...

Love The Extra Daylight Hours, But Am I The Only One Dragging Tail?
Mar 12, 2012

I'm dieing here trying to stay awake.. ...

"Mandatory" OT Every Weekend
Jan 14, 2012

Can they really make us do "Mandatory" OT?  It is happening almost every weekend for the last 2 months. Could they fire me for NOT doing it----although, I could only wish.  ...

Just Applied To Nuance. Curious What Hours Most Of You Work And What Hours 2nd Shift Is?
Jul 10, 2012

Please don't discourage me from applying to Nuance.  I just lost my job today and I need a job BAD!  Plus, I've only got two semesters of college left before I graduate and move out of this field.  Anyway, can someone tell me what 2nd shift hours are? And I'm curious to know when most of you work. Thanks ...

LOVE, LOVE Mmodal
Nov 01, 2012

Have to say, I love Mmodal.  My CCM is caring and considerate and kind.  Also, love the pay and hardly ever running out of work but when we do, that is a nice break for me.  I just put the pedal to the metal and don't take anything posted here to heart cuz, lots of angry people just wanting to take you down.  Pass on the love!!! ...

Shesh. Been Sitting Here 6 Hours For 3-1/2 Hours Of Work.
Apr 17, 2013

Somehow, I think we should be getting paid for the time we are waiting between jobs, especially since the wait isn't fitting into the 15-minute wait period. - Of course, waiting put under work availability. ...

Department Of Labor Says 40 Hours Equals 40 Hours...
Sep 16, 2014

...check it out for yourselves. Employees are not independent contractors. If you signed up for a straight 8 per day, your time sheet should reflect only the breaks you take off the clock. They are so messing with you folks! ...

ARRRGGGGGHH! I Love Resident Dictators. I Love Resident Dictators. I Love Resident Dictators.
Jun 19, 2010

A new ESL dictating a DS. Can't speed him up because he's too "new" (to this country?). He is spelling every other word!!!!!! AND then spells it again - extubated, e-x-t-u-b-a-t-e-d, extubated e for elephant, x for crosses, t for tom, u for umbrella, b for .......... get the picture (sigh)? On top of that, the report is 28 minutes long!!! Should never have gotten out of bed this morning. LOL I do feel bad for him that he doesn't realize he doesn't have to spell every other ...

Is It Possible To Get 40 Hours' Work In 40 Hours?
Aug 09, 2014

If it takes more, how many more? I realize this is an answer dependent on many factors, but I'm talking in general terms. Thank you. ...

NJA On A Weekend!!
Jan 29, 2011

NJA on a weekend with a bonus going on!!!!  What an exercise in frustration.  And to make matters even worse, I received a recruiting e-mail from the boss....looking for new transcriptionists.  I have been NJA 3 days this week and then a bonus going on on the weekend and cannot even get my scheduled weekend time in!! ...

WEEKEND INCENTIVES
Nov 10, 2009

How do you guys feel about the weekend incentives that MQ sometimes offers?  You know, the 3 cents per line more for exceeding a line count that they calculate from the past for you.  Do you actually make more money or is it eaten away by taxes, and is it worth busting your butt for?  ...

Over The Weekend, I Did Not Have Enough Work Available
Nov 30, 2009

to even make minimum wage.  I am an employee with a set schedule.  Does anybody know where I can find info regarding minimum wage payments when production work is not available. ...

Weekend Work
Mar 23, 2010

Does any one know of companies that will hire for just weekend work (Sat. and Sun.)?        ...

OT With Weekend Incentive
Apr 30, 2010

With the weekend incentive, is OT automatically approved? Can't get a response from CCM.  ...

Big Rush Over The Weekend And Now NJA! NM
May 03, 2010

No Message ...

New Weekend Incentive...sm
Oct 15, 2010

Same old yada, yada, yada. It seems like they set my minimum at too many lines for me to ever achieve it so I don't even try.   BUT did you read the towards the bottom of the email where it says that the payout is Nov 25 EXCEPT for former spheris employees who will get their incentive $$ ON OR BEFORE NOV 5!!??? This is not fair. But then, when is this company ever fair. ...

Another Incentive This Weekend...nm
Dec 17, 2010

no msg ...

Weekend Workers?
Feb 13, 2011

How many of the MTs here work on the weekends? ...