A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

LANDesk deadline has passed - Dum, dum, dummmmm

Posted: Oct 17, 2014

The LANDesk deadline has passed.  Has anyone NOT downloaded it?    

Waiting on my company computer - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Am not putting it on my personal one..they cost too much to fix/replace

Same here - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Still waiting on the boss - MModal Livestock

[ In Reply To ..]
to get back to me about getting an MModal computer. No one at MModal is returning my emails though. Not that that's a new thing.

Doesn't matter. Went out and bought a new laptop on my Wal-mart card and sacrificed an old one for work after clearing off the hard drive of all personal info, resetting my web browser to not knowing anything about me and covering over my webcam for good measure LOL (not needed, but just felt unsettling having it watching me.)

I installed the program itself yesterday. It's listed as always running under Services in the Task Manager, but other than that it doesn't make its presence known.

If I had any dignity left I'd take them to small claims for making me buy a new computer to keep my job.
Why didn't you just email support? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I went to the IT part of the Innercircle and emailed the support email on the page asking for a new PC and why. They sent me one by 1-day air immediately.

Similar Messages:

LANDESK Deadline
Oct 08, 2014

Just got e-mail from corporate.  Deadline is now Oct 16 and not tomorrow.  What's going on now? ...

Does Anyone Know When The Deadline Is To Watch
Nov 16, 2012

the webinar & be paid for it?  Does it have to be done by today, or can we do it next week? ...

ICD-10 Deadline Being Pushed Back
Feb 17, 2012

From Med-Scape Medical News February 16, 2012 — In a regulatory victory for the American Medical Association (AMA), US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Kathleen Sebelius announced today that her department will delay the deadline for physicians to begin using a new and expanded set of diagnostic codes called the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, 10th Revision, or ICD-10. The original deadline had been October ...

Can Someone Please Tell Me When The Deadline To Approve Timesheets Is?
Mar 31, 2012

x ...

I'd Like Opinions On The HITECH Act Fast Approaching Deadline Of 02/17/10...sm
Feb 07, 2010

“The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH Act), enacted in February 2009, …expanded the reach of HIPAA, extending it to business associates effective February 17, 2010, and imposing nationwide notification requirements for breach of unsecured protected health information (PHI).  Business associates will also now be directly obligated to comply with the security rule of HIPAA and implement security policies to safeguard electr ...

Journalist's Deadline Question On Webmedx And Nuance
Sep 13, 2011

Hello:I am a journalist covering a local public hospital district where transcriptionists have just been outsourced to Webmedx. That company has apparently been bought out by Nuance, and I would like to know more from MTs who have had experience with either company. How does pay compare with a job in a hospital, how much do you make per hour, does Nuance outsource offshore and what can those who work for Nuance expect in the way of job security and benefits. Though I am requ ...

Has Anybody Refused To Use Landesk? I Don't Want To
May 24, 2013

The email I got said something about it being company policy to allow them maintain my computer but I've never seen that. I don't want them being able to access my computer whenever they want and install/remove stuff.  I used to have one computer just for work but it died so I've been having to use my personal one until I can save up enough (on these meager wages) to buy a new one. I just wondered if anybody refused to install it and if so, how well that went over. ...

E-mail Regarding LANDESK
Oct 08, 2014

Got e-mail stating that this will need to be downloaded on my computer.  Anybody familiar with this?  What is the purpose of it? ...

LANDesk Installation
Oct 09, 2014

Did anyone besides myself have an issue with the ihnstallation? I was able to get into Inner Circle without a problem; however, the screen shot sent looks nothing like what I was looking at after logging in. All I had was a long list and upon clicking on any of them, not one thing happened. Hovering over Resources did not do a thing, clicking on any of the tabs did not do a thing.  What a pain. Why tell us to contact supervisor if any issues; they're not techs, they don't know wha ...

Landesk Is Tracking You
Oct 09, 2014

Landesk is a tracking you. This is what the software does. LANDESK extended device discovery is passive technology that detects network-connected devices in real-time, even if they’re behind a firewall. LANDESK also uses active discovery technologies including SNMP management, ping sweeps, and more. It allows tracking of devices in their network (your computer). ...

Anyone Download That LANDesk That They Want Installed?
Jun 13, 2013

Anyone download that LANDesk that they want installed?  I installed it, but when I double click the icon a message pops up saying something about application control and it will not open.  How stupid is that?  Any ideas or help or should I forget about it, which is my preference.  ...

LANDESK Didn't Install It
Oct 08, 2014

I'm not sure, but it seems to me that this whole issue came around about a year ago, telling us we must install it, and upon looking into it, it was my impression that it would allow MM to track everywhere we go on our computers, so I didn't install it.  I asked for a company computer, and the matter was eventually dropped until now.  I don't know what to do.  ...

I Didn't Get The Landesk Email...
Oct 09, 2014

I'm in the SE region, so I guess it's a regional matter?  ...

Has Anyone Refused To Put LANDesk On Their Personal PC & What
Oct 11, 2014

x ...

So What Ever Happened With The LanDesk Thing
Oct 26, 2014

I politely refused to use it on my personal computer and was told I would be sent a company computer..nothing yet ...

Kaspersky LANDesk License About To Expire - Anyone Else?
Feb 22, 2015

x ...

Is The "deadline" For QA Reports The Same As The Pay Period, I.e. Friday Night?
Jan 30, 2015

Is there a time frame, like till midnight Friday or what, that the QA reports have to be completed to count for the pay period? In other words, when can I breath a sigh of relief? So far I have one report scored 100%. Also wondering since any reversal request have to be submitted by Saturday. ...

I Passed!!
Mar 18, 2011

Just wanted to pass on the word that I passed the CPC this past Saturday.   To those of you who don't know me from prior posts, I took the Andrews School coding course and am a former MT of many years. ...

I Passed The CCS!
Jan 04, 2013

I passed the CCS exam yesterday!  Students out there, it can be done.  Now onto the job search, a whole other thing completely, but for now, just trying to recover and let it sink in.  I have been studying at Andrews for a whole year towards this goal and now it's here.  Thanks Andrews staff and students for all the support! ...

Catchup Passed!
Jan 12, 2010

Hi everyone, I have great news. I have passed my final exam with honours! I received a 98% on objective and 96% on practical. For those who know me, I was really getting nervous about graduating from my course, but I did it. Because of my final mark I qualify for a job placement (100-hour practicum), so I am just waiting to hear what company I will be placed with...what I great way to start my 2010! Thanks for all of your support, it really did help me! Catchup- ...

Past/Passed
May 21, 2010

Rigor mortis had passed/past in all extremities. ...

Past/passed Help Please
Jul 19, 2010

used a 5-French Glide catheter and thru this passed a Spartacore wire into the popliteal artery past the stenosis.....Is this correct or am I losing my mind with these passed/past??? ...

I Passed My RDA Practical!
Dec 23, 2010

Just got notice I passed the practical for dental assisting.   Now I'm too excited to sit here and work :) Plan on taking the written test next month and then I'm out of here!!!  It hasn't been easy going to school and scraping by here, but I have to pay the bills.  I'm leaving transcription kicking and screaming.  At my age, I thought I would be doing this 'til the end of my working days.  So sad. ...

I Passed My CPC! Yeah! - Sm
Jul 14, 2011

Now the hard part - finding a job!  Very glad the testing is over - phew! ...

Passed Testing
Sep 19, 2011

I just passed testing with Breitner.  I am excited about being offered a position with standard transcription.  Anyone willing to share good/bad?  I would like to accept their offer, but now-a-days quite a nervous nelly.  Just have to work 15 more years until retirement and would love that to be with one more company!  And before anyone says it, I have researched the archives......  ...

Passed The CCS Today
May 01, 2012

Well I passed the CCS today but didn't think I was going to as I didn't feel like it was going very well. I am an Andrews grad but have not worked as a coder so far. ...

Passed The CPC-H Certification!
Sep 25, 2012

I just got my results in the mail from AAPC that I passed the certification exam for CPC-H! I have been an MT for decades and when my last in-house MT job was outsourced, I decided I'd better get moving on to coding. Coding is very difficult and I had quite a time completing the online CPC-H course offered by AAPC. I started in the Spring and just got certified. I want all the MTs out there to know that terminology, A&P are helpful to already know! It was not easy to get this certificat ...

Bill Passed
Mar 31, 2014

nm ...

Has Anyone Passed These Audits?
Apr 02, 2014

I have yet to pass one, how the heck, with say 3 minor errors can you possible pass these things? I want to quit so badly but have no prospective jobs. So the question boils down to basically, is at what percentage of errors are they firing people? 99.5, 99 what? I just cannot see how this is possible to do. My thoughts are that they are going to try this stupid goal and see who comes the closest to the 99.7% unrealistic BS and keep them. I also cannot see how the Indians are doing this, s ...

Any One Tested And Passed
Apr 18, 2014

from recent ad? Any action after that? Thanks.   ...